Ripper Tuning Garage - 14/10/13 - Farewell.

I stopped by to thank you for your Castrol Mugen NSX (JGTC) '00 tune.

I needed something driveable for the current Seasonal TT. Today is the last day for it. I tried a few cars in my garage and not being familiar with tuning, I drove them stock.

I read a recommendation of a few cars and this car was the only one I had from that list. Adrenaline has your tune linked and I used it. It made the car much more driveable than the stock tunings.

For some reason, my PP for that car is slightly different than what you listed. I'm not sure why. I had to power limit it to get it to 600 PP.

After a few laps I decided to tweak it, just slightly, for my driving style. I dropped the Aero to 34/58 and used the points to boost the HP up a handful of notches. I changed the back Aero to lean it a little more towards oversteer. The help icon in the game told me that would give me a little oversteer.

I can handle oversteer by watching my driving, but understeer makes me do the opposite of what I should at that point. I end up trying to push the car very hard and end up fighting it rather than driving it smoothly.

After a few laps, I finally got the hang of it and was able to push the car a little more than I could at first and managed to beat the gold time. I wasn't shooting for the leaderboard for this TT. Your tune finally got me there. I was always a second behind or more when I tried previously.

Take care and thanks. :)

Hey look, a review! :lol:

No problem Ivan, glad to hear it helped you put that TT to bed. :) Also good to hear you tweaked it to your liking too, my job is to make my tunes stable and easy to drive, but of course they don't suit everyone's driving style.

The discrepancy in the PP could be down to an oil change or an engine overhaul, or lost HP over time. That's why I always give what my setting is, but then say "balance to fit PP", as, especially on cars from the UCD, the conditions of the car can vary.

Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96
Found in UCD
450PP
445bhp, 621Nm, 1517kg
FR

Parts
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Sports Exhaust
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension
Sports Hard Tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast: 21kg @ 50

Engine
Power Limiter - 99.3%, balance for 450PP

Transmission
1st - 2.774
2nd - 2.056
3rd - 1.554
4th - 1.247
5th - 1.022
6th - 0.841
Final - 3.345
Max speed - 186mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: -/12
Accel: -/16
Braking: -/7

Suspension
Ride Height: -5/-5
Spring Rate: 7.3/6.8
Extension: 7/6
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/1
Camber: 2.5/2.1
Toe: -0.05/0.00

Brakes
5/5

One of the possible entries I went through for the FITT Nurburgring Shootout. It's a wild but engaging ride that feels very quick, be careful with the throttle though...

Tuned on GT5 Version 2.10

Last edited:
Jaguar S-Type R '02
Found in UCD
450PP
429BHP, 619Nm, 1577kg
FR

Parts
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 2
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Sports Hard Tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast: 101kg @ 50

Engine
Power Limiter - 93.3%, balance for 450PP

Transmission
1st - 2.636
2nd - 1.912
3rd - 1.461
4th - 1.176
5th - 0.981
6th - 0.840
Final - 3.060
Max speed - 174mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Braking: -/6

Suspension
Ride Height: -5/-4
Spring Rate: 8.4/7.7
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/3
Camber: 3.3/2.7
Toe: -0.08/-0.09

Brakes
5/7

Entry for the FITT Nurburgring Shootout v2.0. A bit on the soft side, but it's relatively forgiving to drive.

Last edited:
trackripper123
Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96
Found in UCD
450PP
445bhp, 621Nm, 1517kg
FR

Parts
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust
Supercharger
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Sports Hard Tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast: 21kg @ 50

Engine
Power Limiter - 99.3%, balance for 450PP

Transmission
1st - 2.774
2nd - 2.056
3rd - 1.554
4th - 1.247
5th - 1.022
6th - 0.841
Final - 3.345
Max speed - 186mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Braking: -/7

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.3/6.8
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/1
Camber: 2.5/2.1
Toe: -0.05/0.00

Brakes
5/5

One of the possible entries I went through for the FITT Nurburgring Shootout. It's a wild but engaging ride that feels very quick, be careful with the throttle though...

Had a quick little race against this car the other day. It kept up quite nicely đź‘Ť. Think I may need to try it myself :dopey:

trackripper123
Yours was faster though. :lol: What were your specs? You could out-accelerate me by quite a bit. :P

I installed that new Nos system that PD added in the last update that no one knows about... till now :banghead::lol:.

I'll have to get back to you on the settings (not home at the moment ).... so you saying I should maybe post that tune :dopey:

I installed that new Nos system that PD added in the last update that no one knows about... till now :banghead::lol:.

I'll have to get back to you on the settings (not home at the moment ).... so you saying I should maybe post that tune :dopey:

Well it certainly was quicker at 450PP. Although I imagine my driving let the side down a little. :lol: I've no idea how the handling is though, as I didn't drive it, but by all means if you're happy with it. :P

trackripper123
Well it certainly was quicker at 450PP. Although I imagine my driving let the side down a little. :lol: I've no idea how the handling is though, as I didn't drive it, but by all means if you're happy with it. :P

Nah, not really happy with it (too much power limiting for 450pp :yuck: ), but as a gift to you, you'll see it in your gift box soon. Take from it what you will and enjoy đź‘Ť (use it, abuse it, and call it your own :lol: )...
....now the classic Vette you saw is just me being lazy, and not posting it :dopey:

Nah, not really happy with it (too much power limiting for 450pp :yuck: ), but as a gift to you, you'll see it in your gift box soon. Take from it what you will and enjoy đź‘Ť (use it, abuse it, and call it your own :lol: )...
....now the classic Vette you saw is just me being lazy, and not posting it :dopey:

:lol: You're too kind, you know that? :P First the new Jag, and all the paints, and now this. Cheers! :cheers:

trackripper123
:lol: You're too kind, you know that? :P First the new Jag, and all the paints, and now this. Cheers! :cheers:

And now you have a Clueless Vette :dopey:... and some more paint. :lol:

Going back to your honorary membership to Clueless tunes during the FF shootout, and your dead PS3 for months, it is the least I could do to help you enjoy this game and continue tuning (which I seem to be lacking :().

Enjoy, and I hope to face you on the track soon :dopey:

And now you have a Clueless Vette :dopey:... and some more paint. :lol:

Going back to your honorary membership to Clueless tunes during the FF shootout, and your dead PS3 for months, it is the least I could do to help you enjoy this game and continue tuning (which I seem to be lacking :().

Enjoy, and I hope to face you on the track soon :dopey:

Fair enough. :lol: Thanks :)

Hopefully I won't get my ass handed to me next time... :dopey:

Oh by the way, I realised after the race with the Clio... Said Clio was on RS, not SS. :ouch: Oopsie. :P

trackripper123
Fair enough. :lol: Thanks :)

Hopefully I won't get my ass handed to me next time... :dopey:

Oh by the way, I realised after the race with the Clio... Said Clio was on RS, not SS. :ouch: Oopsie. :P

Meh, I was just lucky (racing in a track I knew :lol: )

Well now my 6 second loss isn't so bad :lol::dopey:

Sorted tunes out. Up to date ones are in the 1st post, the out of date ones are in the Archives, 2nd post.

Changed layout also, dumped the pretty pictures (don't worry, I've still got them :P) as it was a pain to move stuff around otherwise.

Jaguar S-Type R '02
Found in UCD
450PP
429BHP, 619Nm, 1577kg
FR

Parts
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 2
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Sports Hard Tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast: 101kg @ 50

Engine
Power Limiter - 93.3%, balance for 450PP

Transmission
1st - 2.636
2nd - 1.912
3rd - 1.461
4th - 1.176
5th - 0.981
6th - 0.840
Final - 3.060
Max speed - 174mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Braking: -/6

Suspension
Ride Height: -5/-4
Spring Rate: 8.4/7.7
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/3
Camber: 3.3/2.7
Toe: -0.08/-0.09

Brakes
5/7

Entry for the FITT Nurburgring Shootout v2.0. A bit on the soft side, but it's relatively forgiving to drive.

I made mine finally. It was one of my favorites from the Shootout. I was going to take a picture for you to use as a placeholder, but for some reason the paint on my car looks vastly different in the light. It looks dark red in the garage view, but out on a track, in the daylight it looks kinda cranberry-pinkish. Very ugly. I need to repaint it A.S.A.P. hehe

Now that it's become a 505 PP car overnight, what would you do to it to make it a solid 550 PP?

I made mine finally. It was one of my favorites from the Shootout. I was going to take a picture for you to use as a placeholder, but for some reason the paint on my car looks vastly different in the light. It looks dark red in the garage view, but out on a track, in the daylight it looks kinda cranberry-pinkish. Very ugly. I need to repaint it A.S.A.P. hehe

Now that it's become a 505 PP car overnight, what would you do to it to make it a solid 550 PP?

550 is a big jump from 500... I'd probably put the power on first, then deal with the problems that came up later. I'd imagine it would need some more positive toe to stop the rear becoming too lively and small tweaks to the LSD.

550 is a big jump from 500... I'd probably put the power on first, then deal with the problems that came up later. I'd imagine it would need some more positive toe to stop the rear becoming too lively and small tweaks to the LSD.

Just curious. I'm trying to learn bits and pieces of tuning. I should just dive into the info and get cracking. I've been pointed at quite a few guides and I should read and apply it instead of putting it off. :D

Just curious. I'm trying to learn bits and pieces of tuning. I should just dive into the info and get cracking. I've been pointed at quite a few guides and I should read and apply it instead of putting it off. :D

Hami's LSD guide is golden. The suspension is a bit more vague, I usually get setups by trial and error to be honest, although that usually doesn't take more than 5-10 mins depending on the circumstances. Once you have a foundation, it's easy to tweak small things like front/rear toe and roll bars and such.

Hami's guide is where I've started.

I managed with LSD and Suspension tweaking to get a powerful car with CM tires to not behave like a dog with socks on a kitchen floor. It's not perfected, but it's much more driveable than the stock one was. I'd say that I'm maybe 46% done with the car. Still a long way to go.

I was tuning it, for the learning experience, but it started out as something "different" to use (as opposed to the Miata that everyone was using) for the Tsukuba TT.

I thought it would be a good way to learn tuning if I took something squirrely and tried to make it handle well on the lower grade tires. Does that make sense?

I figured that I would learn much more that way as compared to taking a car that drives pretty well stock and trying to change its settings. How much could I learn from that? Probably not much, so I picked something that had a longer way to go, something that had handling issues to begin with.

I haven't had time to work on it for a week or more now, I really should continue where I left off, even though the PP level changed on it with the update/rebate.

I did learn a lot about what to do with the LSD from Hami's guide and what he said about it worked out well for me that I got the car to start behaving instead of sliding around corners. I don't have it set perfectly yet, I still have some experimenting with that to go, but it has made a big difference.

I know that the brake balance is still not right, but close, and the suspension settings all need some TLC, but at least I've made some progress on it, thanks to his guide. I'll get the LSD where it needs to be, then fine tune the brakes, and then tackle the suspension, which I think will be the hardest part for me to get a handle on.

I may do some work on it tonight, typing this up has got me excited about it again. :D hehe

A lot of the suspension is very vague like I said, you'll make some changes and think, "That really didn't make a noticable difference..." It takes a while to get to know changing what will help, and even then sometimes I still can't nail it, and end up just guessing. :lol:

Ripper…calm down. Breathe in, breathe out. Don't get worked up by that ad, it'll be useless, so just breathe, count to ten, and then ignore it.

:lol:

On a more serious note, reported.

Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STI '00
Found in UCD
525PP
449BHP, 531Nm, 1208kg
4WD

Parts
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
SPorts Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Sports Medium Tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast - 17kg @ 50

Engine
Power limiter - 99.4%, balance for 525PP

Transmission
1st - 3.157
2nd - 2.260
3rd - 1.723
4th - 1.402
5th - 1.169
6th - 0.998
Final - 4.000
Max speed - 168mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: 6/18
Accel: 55/35
Braking: 15/32

Torque Split: 40/60

Suspension
Ride Height: -5/-3
Spring Rate: 5.6/4.0
Extension: 8/6
Compression: 6/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/1
Camber: 2.6/2.3
Toe: -0.05/-0.03

Brakes
6/5

Entry to 525PP class of FITT Wagon Shootout. Tires will overheat at times, but the grip should remain to carry you through the corner.

Last edited:
BMW 120i '04
Found in UCD
450PP
262BHP, 288Nm, 1165kg
FR

Parts
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Comfort Soft Tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast - 54kg @ 50

Transmission
1st - 3.687
2nd - 2.691
3rd - 2.130
4th - 1.738
5th - 1.460
6th - 1.248
Final - 3.100
Max speed - 137mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: -/8
Accel: -/13
Braking: -/20

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.4/4.9
Extension: 6/7
Compression: 5/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/1
Camber: 2.2/2.1
Toe: -0.05/0.12

Brakes
6/5

Entry to 450PP class of FITT Wagon Shootout. CS tyres are really pushing it in terms of grip, this tune really should be on SH...
Gearing for Top Gear Test Track, so it will be short for normal track use, just reduce the final gear ratio to get an acceptable normal top speed.

Back