Favorite Car to Drive

I think out of all the cars I've ever driven I liked the Honda S2000 the best. I only drove it for a short ways but oh man was that a nice car. Just letting the engine rev up past 7000 is an awesome feeling. I didn't get it get racey with it or anything, but still just normal driving was a blast. I can safely say I would love to own an S2000, silver, with red leather seats.

I've also driven my boss's (I've known my boss for years) 5-series BMW, it was just down the street and back but still it was a BMW never the less. I hated the iDrive more then anything on this planet though, I could not figure out how to use the stupid thing.

But as far as normal vehicles go, I rather like my girlfriend's mom's Saturn VUE, as far as little SUV's go it's quite nice and it proves to me GM might be able to design a decent interior.

All the cars that I have driven:

2000 Infiniti I30T
2001 Nissan Quest
2006 Toyota Sienna
2006 Toyota Rav4

My choice would definitely be the Infiniti I30. The Quest and Sienna are vans - and they totally cramp my style (i'm 17). And the Rav4 was horrible - I think I rather drive the Sienna than the Rav4.

Mini Cooper S, handles like a go-kart, loads of poke, stops on a dime, just a really fun car to drive. Other than that, my 88 VL Commodore is a blast, seeing as it's mine, I know it well, and it doesn't matter if I break it, or write it off, as it would be my own stupid fault, rather than breaking someone elsep car.

New favorite, '04 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE. Its an Automatic but its very nice. The throttle is very quick and it has smooth steering. It is probly one of the faster cars I have driven. I was driving it on the highway and it really had alot of "get up and go" in it. It only has 18,000 miles on it and its about 3 years old. Thats because my grandpa doesnt drive to much and doesnt go far when he does.

Well lets see....I would have to say a 2000 Mustang GT that puts out 300HP and 350ft/lb of torque. The only reason that I got to drive it was because my dad and I had gone out to look at a place and the guy offered my dad a beer and by the time we left he had 3, so he had me drive :D If you want I have some videos of the car that I can show you.

and second is a tie between a S13 with a SR20DET and a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4. I actually never drove the S13 because it is my friends baby, but I did go on a few rides in it with him. And the 3000GT that was a sweet car, even being all wheel drive when you are coming out of a turn and punch it the rear end would kick out.

Another update! Well I have had my license for almost 5 months and have driven over 20 different cars I have a few new favorites.

My top 6
1. 2008 VW Gti DSG
2. 2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5
3. 1978 VW Beetle convertible 4 speed manual
4. 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer 5 speed manual
5. 4. 2007 Ford mustang v6
6. 2001 Subaru Outback

More info later

Revised list.

1. my 2008 2door vw gti 6speed
2. my grandpas 2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 se
3. my uncles 1995 Chevy silverado that is raised over a foot and is on huge mud tires and is loud as hell

I love driving my Integra, but maybe I'm a bit biased. Great handling from the double wishbone suspension and a decently powerful engine, compared to most other Hondas of its time. It may not be the most powerful car in the world, but it's just right for me. A comfortable balance between power and fuel economy. Plus the car doesn't weigh that much, makes for a fun ride. :sly:

List of cars I've driven:

- 98 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec: Learned to drive in it.
- 98 Ford Fiesta 1.3: My car. Not 'special' but my first car, and been great over the 5 years I've had it. Better torque than the 1.25 too.
- 05 Mini Cooper Works: Was track prepared. Amazing handling, great steering feel, and a great noise. The Works pack gives the normal car about 140bhp.
- 91 Mazda MX-5: Also track prepared. Good fun! Not so much when it rained though and I was on slick tyres...
- 07 Ford Ka: Did everything slightly better than my Fiesta - performance, grip, steering feel, agility. I have great respect for the Ka.
- 07 Mitsubishi Outlander V6: First and only 4x4 so far, and I was impressed. The V6 engine was nice.
- 07 Chrysler PT Cruiser: Very surprised by this. Drove Route 1/101 from San Diego up to San Francisco and the handling impressed me a lot. I expected it to be rubbish. The engine and auto box were rubbish though.

Given the circumstances, my favourite of the limited bunch was the Mini. I'd love a Works version for the road, and realistically it has all the performance and certainly the handling you need in the UK.

I might revise my opinion when my mate gets around to giving me a go in his Elise though!

My favorite car that i have rode it would have to be my buddies WRX. He has an ems and full exhaust system, and hes making close to 300 at the wheels. (maybe around 275, but its close up there). I love to ride in that thing! The gear changes are smooth, and it hugs the roads, courtesy of the AWD.

even 275 seems a bit extreme for a wrx with full exhaust and ems. i could see 275 bhp but not 275 at the wheels. isnt it about 230 stock? so thats probably 190 at the wheels. exhaust with headers is maybe plus 30 but more realistically about 20. i admit i dont know much about chips, but 70 extra hp (at the wheels, so 100 extra at the crank) from just a chip on a 4 cylinder seems a bit out there. hes gotta have something else done to it if he's making 275 at the wheels in a car that originally has less than 200 at the wheels.

probably a friends Ferrari F50.

Its like nothing else!

I have driven an Enzo before at where I work but when I drove the F50 it threw all other cars out of the water!

Apparently he says that a Koenigsegg is more thrilling so I would love the opportunity to drive one.

But for me. F50 all the way.

Potentially spammy dealership link removed by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're either a spammer or a liar, but if you can prove it, do so and amaze us. Nobody likes a showoff jumping into our forums telling us how great they are, and can't prove squat.

Parking lots don't give good impressions of the overall capability of automobile, either. Neither does moving a car across the dealership lot. Otherwise, I could add a '96 Viper GT-S, an Audi R8, Bentley Continental GTC, and several overpriced track-use only others to my list...but I don't.

Don't ruin the fun for people that are posting about cars they've spent actual time and money driving.

Kinda hard to go past the Evo for me.
A mates '84 Corolla FX-GT with a 4AGE turbo running 18 psi would be pretty close though. Handling and braking were utter rubbish, but the acceleration once it hooked up had me lol'ing like an idiot.
3508583769a4960730034l.jpg

180 fwkw and no weight at all does that for you.

Finally had a chance to drive the NC Mazda MX-5. Even better, it was a PRHT with a 6-speed LSD box.

Not bad. The steering was obviously signed off at the same time as the Mazda3. In other words, it's sharp, but it lacks that last bit of feel that older Mazda hydraulic racks gave you.

Much more grip than the older Miata, mucho more power. Feels like it can really scoot. Timed it to 100 mph at just 19.5 seconds... which isn't blazing, but it's certainly not slow.

But the best thing about any Miata is how easy it is to drive. Chuck it into the corner, trail-brake a bit, lift the throttle... and it'll come around slowly and gracefully... like a ballerina in slow motion... well, at least it was that way with the old Miata. The new one is bigger, better, faster... sharp as a knife... digital... and that kind of makes it hard to kick the tail out at less than insane speed. We were trying to get tail-out shots for our magazine, and I was going hard into that corner... about 80 mph hard, and we couldn't elicit more than a momentary slide... still easier to catch than most anything else, but damn... if only I had more time and a wider road to do this on... :( ...I'm just not comfortable doing triple digit speeds into a corner with absolutely no run-off on a two-lane byway... maybe I can get Mazda to lend me the car again... :lol:

Overall, I'd rate it highly, but I can understand why some people don't like it. The steering is too light and there's too much of the digital in it. It's not as fluid or organic a drive as the old Miata. Maybe slipperier tires would help... but Pilot Precedas aren't really uber-grippy in modern terms. I guess you really can't turn back the clock.

Pics this weekend.

Still my brother's Commodore is the best I've driven, extremely fast and very surprisingly responsive and corners well. My new job at a Ford dealer has allowed me to drive a Ford Ranger diesel and Ford Territory petrol. Both utterly pathetic, especially the Ranger which understeers at normal speeds on normal corners on the road.:scared:

I used to valet and detail cars including dropping them off for clients for a number of garages when I was in my early 20's. I got to drive then valet all sorts of cars from rubbishy hatchbacks with used nappies and a variety of other gross things kicked under the seat to some really nice cars that I could never afford. It was never wise flinging them around when I drove them as they weren't my cars, so I didn't get to experience them the same as if they were.

The best car in terms of performance and looks was a Porsche 911 turbo, I think this was a '96 model. But all the Porsche's I got to drive went well and felt great on the road, they are the type of car that people look at but when you are stopped at a junction or some lights you dont feel like you are 'on display' like I imagine you would with a ferrari (I've never driven a ferrari though so I'm not sure if this is really the case)

The most nerve wrecking car I drove was an XJRS V12 once which was the last V12 supercharged sports car Jaguar ever made, it was very twitchy and had a very heavy clutch so it wasn't really that much fun to drive. I reckon you would have to know this car totally before you could confidently open her up, in the wet I don't know how the owner managed.
I also drove an XJ8 sport manual with the TWR twin turbo conversion, that was an awesome cruiser and for such a big car just pulled like train at any revs in any gear and felt a lot tighter than the usual XJ8's I've driven which are quite boaty.

My last car was an MX5 mk1, that was a great car to drive and dare I say felt as together as some of the stuff I'd driven which is 10 times the price, it lacked performance but it was just great fun and the roof took less than 5 seconds to un-clip and flip back and if it started raining I could just pull up and reach back and flip it back up again, also whenever I saw another MX5 coming the other way I would get a wave.
Shame I needed to get a hatchback in the end for carrying bigger things around as I haven't got a bad word to say about the MX5 apart from the fact it's not really very practical.

Oh, there's a new Vantage kicking around (with rather more cylinders than it should have) that I've had a play in that's rather good. :D I liked that car. Some bloke enjoyed one at Paul Ricard probably even more than me. ;)

Oh, there's a new Vantage kicking around (with rather more cylinders than it should have) that I've had a play in that's rather good. :D I liked that car. Some bloke enjoyed one at Paul Ricard probably even more than me. ;)

What? Are you telling us some industy inside news before the Automotive press knows about it? Secret's safe with me.;)

It's not exactly a secret, I think. The V12 Vantage has been under testing for quite a while.

So... how was it? I've heard that it's got epic pace.

It's not exactly a secret, I think. The V12 Vantage has been under testing for quite a while.

So... how was it? I've heard that it's got epic pace.

So basically a "smaller than DB9" V8 Vanatage body, with the DB9 engine. Hmm, and the V12 DB9 just got a power bump too. (As did the V8 Vanatage).

Yup. From some initial reports, it runs rings around the current Aston range on the track, hitting much higher trap speeds... and there'll probably be a track version, too (or there probably is, I'm not really up on the news), which will be interesting to see in the coming months.

Ooooh, that's gonna be tricky. I've only ever driven 3 cars (oh it gets worse): a mk4 Fiesta, a Ka and the Ibiza that's soon to be replaced. The Ka and Fiesta were ok (I don't really have anything to compare them to, in fairness) and the Ibiza felt like a pudding in comparison. But I was driving it on a grass field, which probably had something to do with it.

The Fiesta is actually quite nippy IMO. I drove one at work the other day. Pathetically slow in a straight line etc. But very responsive tiller and quite agile with a fair amount of cornering grip. (wasn't my car, so naturally I hammered the thing quite a bit.:P)

Edit: And it sound crap until you reach the upper reaches of high RPM, then it sounds a little smoother like a 4cyl should.

I just drove a '92 Honda Prelude with a '94 VTEC engine in it. Despite so many problems, it's the most fun I've ever had in a car. It's hooked me on VTEC and proved me wrong about some japanese cars. I love those little rev happy motors now!!

Latest Posts

Back