Favorite Car to Drive

Two years ago I visited the Koenigsegg factory, and helped cleaning and stuff for a week. On the last day they let me take a ride along in the red CCR known from the 388 km/h record break. It...was...****ing...AMAZING!!
Ironically, the most impressing thing was how quick you could stop that thing! When the guy braked I literally lifted of my seat, almost standing into the torpedo wall (or whatever you call that wall at the passengers feet).

Sick...

Being that I'm not quite 15 I've only driven 2 cars. But my '02 Yamaha TTR-125 trumps them both. And I can do all the work I want to on it. Now I could get a big bore get w/ cam and some new springs, but I'm saving up.

Being that I'm not quite 15 I've only driven 2 cars. But my '02 Yamaha TTR-125 trumps them both. And I can do all the work I want to on it. Now I could get a big bore get w/ cam and some new springs, but I'm saving up.
I got an '05. Wanna buy it?

I like 1000 of cars so I can't say witch is the favorit.

This isn't about your favourite car, rather your favourite car to drive. I doubt you've driven a thousand cars, so your options should be considerably easier to pick from.

I think I have to split this in two.

My favorite car to drive that I own:

This is simple, my current 2007 VW Rabbit/Golf V. It is the first car I had the ability to go out, research, look around, and buy new. Every other car has been owned by family or friends before now.

Every day, when I get in my car I love the way the seat feels like it hugs me and the grip on the wheel just feels right. The 5 cylinder engine gives a nice low rumble that helps increase the emotional response and then gives impressive torque (for a compact) to match. It has extremely quick response and I have yet to find its limits. On the interstate I will be in fifth gear cruising at 75mph and I can barely hear the engine. My wife has actually asked if my speedometer was correct before. Then once I was going to pass a line of trucks and punched the gas as I merged and before I knew it I was pushing 100mph, causing me to quickly let off the gas before I passed a cop.

The most fun I have is taking it down the end of my road which has a series of five S-curves, one which they have even grated to make it less slippery in the rain. I have managed to weave my way through those curves pushing 60mph and feeling my adrenaline build as I wonder how much it can push. I can feel my body wanting to lean heavily, but the car just passes through like we are on a gentle Sunday drive.

^I make it sound more impressive than it probably is, but considering my past cars have been some form of American clunker or another it feels like I have an impressive machine for everyday driving.

Favorite car I drove that I didn't own:

Once upon a time my aunt owned a silver S2000. After her eighth divorce she decide she was done with marriage (only took 30 years) and celebrated by buying herself a roadster.

My family went on a rafting trip in North Carolina on the Ocoee River in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Our first night in town we all went to dinner and afterwards my aunt asked if I wanted to drive her car back to the hotel. My mind flashed to the winding road up the hillside to the hotel and immediately said yes. That was just fun winding the engine out as we went through town getting it up to 65mph, but when we got to the winding road I started out going slow and my aunt just said, "Go ahead and push it. I'm insured." You can't turn down an offer like that. I doubt I got too fast, but I didn't pay attention as it was basically shift up, shift up, shift down, brake, shift down, turn, gas, shift up, shift up. But that car held on to those curves like it was on rails. When I pulled into the parking lot my mom's Buick Century, with everyone else in it, was a good 30 seconds behind me.

Since we're on the subject of fun driving I do want to bring up the craziest thing I have ever driven.

My stepfather owns a rail buggy and made it raqod legal. He actually took it down to teh courthouse and had them walk him through everything he had to add to make it road legal. So, it now has a windshield, windshield wipers, turn signals, and a few other necessities. It is fully licensed and registered with a license plate and in the summer it is a blast to ride up down narrow back roads in. It feels a lot like driving a go-kart, only you can push it over 70mph on a straight. You also get a lot of looks from other people.

Granted, I haven't been driving long, and I haven't much to spend...

But I do like driving the semi-auto 2-speed of my Grandpa's '51 Chrysler Windsor.

it's special, because, well, it's from a different time. The gas pedal is stiff, you're given a big wheel for the manual steering, and it has a fair bit of play. tires are bias-ply, and squirmy as heck. no seat belts either. I dont think I've driven it at the speed limit on any road I've been on with it.

And, yet, it's wonderful to drive. It involves you in the process, and I'm not sure how someone could fall asleep at the wheel of one of these cars. Then again, I drive something half it's size, with radial tires, power rack-and-pinion steering, power brakes, and about the same amount of power. But I don't see people waving at me in my '88 Nova.

That's gotta be the best thing about driving Grandpa's Windsor. Everyone suddenly brightens up, as if the car was wearing a big grin.

That's a good feeling.

Trying to keep a 1960 Chevrolet going straight on US-36 in Missouri at night was fun. (There were 4 blocks in each rear spring, probably was like that for at least 20 years) No radio, no heater, but the heat from the engine and transmission kept my feet toasty, as there is a hole where the shifter was installed. No power steering, and a 10"(ish) drilled steering wheel. So, the floaty ride, ancient tires, and loose steering meant for a wild ride. Plus, the fact that the speedometer had no sending unit meant that I had no clue as to how fast that I was going. It was surreal going down the road, because the things that I look for weren't there. No little green LED lights everywhere, just the chevrolet emblem light telling me my brights were on. No armrest, no console of any kind, and certainly no cupholders. But hey - at least the winshield wipers work. While the beast lacked in steering responiveness, it seemed to be eager to thrust forward... Torque is a beautiful thing.

And the trunk is still opened with a screwdriver.

favorite car i've ever driven is my 1982 Toyota starlet.

there is nothing like the lackadasical roll it gives when i turn the steering wheel in a auto-x course, or the scream of the worthless 155/80/13" tires, or the absolutely amazing response of that prehistoric carb'd 1.3 liter engine.
everyone should drive a stripped out rwd car. no power options what so ever.

you have to drive a carb'd car sometime, if you haven't your missing out, the song they produce is so viceral, even if it is a little 4 cyl. and the response is just so natural.

best car i've driven that was owned by a buddy was probably the 1967 mustang that i was thrown the keys to by my brother's friend. it was a dream come true, though the brakes scared the crap out of me after i reached the first corner.

coolest car i've ridden in is probably a tie between the RB26 powered 240SX and the K20 powered EG hatch which had a crazy final drive of like 5.06:1 or something.

Seeing as I haven't been driving for long I've only driven a few cars. Among them are the Fords and Chevys from the dark ages you use in driver's ed. I did the rest of my learning on a 2001 Volvo cross country. Don't get me wrong, that car is really great when the high-boost turbo kicks in. Really pulls around 4500 RPM. However, one day I had the priviledge to drive my cousin's Protegé on the twisty roads around here. Dad was in the car, so I couldn't go too fast, but it felt so light. Such a nice drive. Brake pedal was a bit soft, however.

As I've only had my P's for a few weeks, I haven't driven many cars at all. Out of all of the 3 cars I've driven, the family car, EL Falcon is the best. Good power when you need it, very very comfortable, and best of all, it's a FORD!!! :) :) 👍

Best car I've ridden in is a manual R31 with an RB30 donk. That thing flew! And it sounded awesome with the 2.5" system all the way through.

Ahh you are confused, that is the worst of all. ;)

Them's fighting word, ye rascally varmint! :lol:

RE: Protege brakes: the pedal feel really is kind of soft, philly cheese, but it improves with aftermarket pads. If you're going to learn backroad thrashing, it's a great car to do it in, very linear response, very engaging chassis.

RE: Starlet: the scream of a Starlet with open pipes on an autocross course is heavenly. Like I've said before and elsewhere, a stripped out Starlet on a TRD suspension is probably the best autocross weapon in the universe.

haha mine is actually straight piped at the moment via rust. my muffler fell off somewhere on the highway of downtown chicago.

some twin sidedraft mikuni carbs will probably go on later this year and if i have the money i'll send the head out and probably run a straight pipe.

my normal car is a 87' 300e which is a joy to drive but i had the fortune to have a quick drive in a 94' 500e and i will never look at my car the same again, best car ive ever driven by far and that includes many new cars

Driven a Mazdaspeed Miata, as well as the NB and NC regular Miatas. All VERY fun. They're very tossable, and you feel very connected to the road, which is priceless to me.

My second car, a '74 Chevelle, was an absolute blast. It was extremely loud, and quite the opposite of the Miata in terms of driver feel, and that made it that much more fun. It was pretty damn fast, but it's the raw, unrefined feeling that made it so enjoyable.

My daily, a deathly slow AE86 Corolla, is quite fun for a daily. It's extremely light and tossable, and just the fact that it's so cheap and sturdy makes me feel like nothing can hurt me in it.

My Supra is my favorite of what I've driven so far. Tons of power, GOBS of top-end torque, and superb handling. The targa makes it a fun cruising car, though I'd rather have the hardtop. It doesn't seem to show its weight very much, making it fun to corner with. The transmission is to die for. Great, strong clutch feel, clunky full race transmission, solid shifter feel, all adding up to the excitement. Not to mention the dash layout is ideal.

I've driven only four cars in my short period of driving. A 06' Chevy Coballt SS Supercharged, 05' Chevy Equinox LT, 03' Chevy Avalanche Z71, and a '98 Pontiac Trans Am non WS-6 ( Mine and the WS-6 thing is about to be changed ;) )

Of all the cars the most fun for me to drive is my sister's Cobalt because its a stick shift and just a blast to drive. Too bad I haven't been able to take it on real roads. She doesn't trust me driving it anywhere but the neighborhood roads. The car also has pretty good handling, but then again I haven't driven many cars that handle well.

I rate my car as second only because it is an auto for now. I want to change that because it ruins the fun for me at times. It is a close second though because I can take a turn extremely fast when I feel like or if I need to increase speed in a hurry there is absolutely no problem doing that. I enjoy drivin this car very much, but until I get a stick into it the Cobalt just barely edges it out.

Next would be my dad's cuz its got a V-8 and my mom's car doesn't. So it's just more fun to go lumbering around in that than the little Equinox.

I drove a S/C Reline Ion. Fun car, it's got its perks, and it's nice to have some low-end. Good autocrosser for a FWD.

I am now going to change my choices. Now having my permit I have been able to drive more cars and now my choice is the a 1999/2000 Lexus RX300 SUV. This is a very nice and responsive suv. It really is the just about as close to a car you can get without being one (please dont flame). It is also very comfy and what not. I drove it just today and it was a very nice experience. My honorable mention goes Nissan Sentra B-15 (not the SE-R), it was also fun and quick, but it wasnt a manual so I knew I wasnt driving the real thing.

Since I've only driven 2 different car's, I have to say the Peugeot 307 HDi by a country mile.

My driving instructor (who is also my uncle, and owns the 307) took me on a windy road once, and I know realise what people mean when they say how responsive a car is, and it was a lot of of fun finding that out.

Well for me, the most fun car ive ever driven would be a 1992 Eagle Talon TSi. It was one of the first manuals i drove and it was my cousins (he was crazy as hell, so he made me push it). The gears were a little rough, but 60-90mph came extremely quick. Anyway, i havent really driven many other cars to speak of. Well, my mother has a 2002 nissan altima 3.5 liter. Well, it was quick, (240 hp) but the torque steer is unbearable, still it was faster than all of my friends cars.

My favorite car that i have rode it would have to be my buddies WRX. He has an ems and full exhaust system, and hes making close to 300 at the wheels. (maybe around 275, but its close up there). I love to ride in that thing! The gear changes are smooth, and it hugs the roads, courtesy of the AWD.

Ive also ridden in a 2004 Evo, the guy that was selling it didnt get on it to hard, but even when he got on it a little, the car just felt really rough and uncomfortable. I like my friends wrx much better.

EDIT: How could I forget!!! My mothers boyfriend owns a 1924 Ford T-Bucket. OMG talk about a fun ride!!!, its like a huge go-kart with much more horsepower. And the sound was orgasmic. that was definitely the most fun i have ever had riding passenger in a car. (except it was really cramped, but who cares!)

Well, I've only been able to drive a few cars and trucks :( Because that’s what this topic is about I will talk about all of them.

I learned in a Hyundai Elantra: woo
Then I was mostly driving my dads Park Avenues both from 1991, they have decent power I suppose but taking turns at high speeds with them is a little scary, well especially with my friend who drove basically only Grand-Ams(scared him good in the Buick’s :D )
That leads me to His cars, I have driven both his Grand-Am SE and his GT, and well obviously his GT is faster and has much better stuff. (Way faster then my vehicles that I have personally had BUT, he paid $7,000 for his; me $400)
Then I got to "use" my dads Plymouth Voyager SE OMG that was crap, mainly because it was a van and it had the I-4 engine in it, Top Speed: 74 mph (downhill)
Then there has been my mom's 2002 Park Avenue, now that’s a good old fashioned luxury car with a decent amount of power, plus snow is like nothing to it.
Finally there’s my beloved car, a 1994 Eagle Talon DL, being the 1.8 L it doesn't have any "super" accel but I have gotten it up to 110 mph, I would have gotten faster but I ran out of straightaway. But my way of thinking is; If it cant go fast make it a better ride: so I put a cheap but decent sound system in it and gave it better tires, put a new tie rod on it and its great, plus its the only manual I've ever driven. (I don’t think moving a Supra Mk.II in a garage counts) Well that’s a bout it. Nothing really special about an Expedition and a Cavalier so not elaborating.

By far my dad's Lexus LS 460. That car is so incredibly smooth to drive. You turn the wheel and it offers almost no resistance, it just goes. The only problem is that it's quietness and soft gas pedal coupled with a 380 horsepower engine mean you're very prone to speeding.

That leads me to His cars, I have driven both his Grand-Am SE and his GT, and well obviously his GT is faster and has much better stuff. (Way faster then my vehicles that I have personally had BUT, he paid $7,000 for his; me $400)

I feel so flattered, talking about my cars and such, but yeah, my favorite car to drive would have to be my GT, especially with my new sound system :drool:

This thread seemed to have come back from nowhere. I'd be happy to add some more stories...

---

A long-time favorite for me has been the 1989 Honda Prelude Si that has been in the family since it was bought brand-new in late 1988. The first thing that gets me every time I see the car is just how good-looking it is. For a design that is more than 20 years old, I still find it stunning, and at least IMO, I'd say that they were the best-looking Preludes.

Climbing inside, I can't describe it any better than "perfect." The seats are incredibly comfortable, everything is packaged together reasonably and in the place that you would expect, and best of all, its stock. Nothing has been changed anywhere in the car. Its like stepping back in time to when everything was a bit more simple, and it is great. The back seat area is remarkably large for a car that size, and although I would doubt my ability to fit back there now, there was plenty of room for me when I was younger.

...On the sporting-side, the greatest disappointment for the car is that it is an automatic, and obviously does without the 4WS option (a box that was nearly-checked by my Grandfather). But the automatic works fine, and it does have the nifty sport-shift feature that will go back and fourth between 3rd and 4th... Kinda like a limited, primitive, early version of the various manumatic transmissions found in so many cars today.

The 2.0L I4 makes enough power to keep one happy, even today. Rated at about 135 BHP, it gets the job done. Sure, it isn't spectacularly fast, but it gets the car going. Match that with the capable chassis and suspension, and you get a car that is eager to gobble-up the corners, and run north of 100 MPH without a problem. The Prelude in question has been known to do some high-speed runs, one memorable story being when my Grandfather was driving the car home from Lansing after it's purchase and raced a Porsche 944 for several miles back to Grand Rapids. He didn't win, but it certainly showed that the Prelude had more capability than anticipated.

...My drives with the car have been fewer and further between than I would like in recent years. With my Grandparents moving back and fourth between Michigan and Florida time and time again, the car is unusually left to sit in a climate-controlled garage while they are gone. The last time I drove the car was this previous fall, once before they left, and by God is it magic. Its just such a lovely ride.

(If I remember, I'll grab some photos later next-week when my Grandparents are back)

Back