• 48 comments

Sprite

Beanbag Brain
Premium
United Kingdom
Horbury, West Yorkshire
GTP_Sprite
week328sy3.jpg

Well I thought it might be good to have a thread dedicated to this game. who has it? I haven't seen many of you playing it. Its a class game and the online side of things is really good. Sure voice chat is missing but cant have everything, plus it may come in an update. If anyone fancies a game just PM me on here or on the PSN.

The Main titles around the globe, Im not sure what its called out in the Australin and New Zealand territories though.

* Everybody's Golf: World Tour -- European title
* Minna no Golf 5 -- Japanese title
* Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds -- American title

The Lobby system is quite good, you have a club house where you can hang out and chat before a game.

Review of the UK version

Online play is slick and smooth. ad you can still text chat in a match, with a selection of pre-defined quotes or a text function where you can type what you want. Also it allows you (while in the lobby) to go out to your XMB message box/friends list and send and receive messages.

Its an all round good game and with more courses coming via download its going to get big.

charhq2.jpg

Here in the States the series is called Hot Shots Golf. I have a couple of the games for PS2. I think it's a great game series, and even my kids love it. Especially the youngest one.

Though I know there's a new PS3 version out, I'm not sure it's the kind of Hot Shots I would like. It's called Hot Shots: Out of Bounds, I think. It has less than usual characters and game play, I suppose. I need to look for a demo, if there's one available. The only demo I have is for the Everybody's Golf that came out in Europe a few months back. I love that game, and I think I would prefer that one over Out of Bounds. So, I'm holding off buying it.

its the same game, just different name. I was playing a guy from the states today. was great fun.

There was a demo on the Japanese store and also a Demo on the EU store too, not sure about US, but im sure there will be.

Nope. There wont be one, either. The game is already out. I wasn't sure if it was the same game, or not. I hear it has fun online play and cool lobby to wait for other players.

Nope. There wont be one, either. The game is already out. I wasn't sure if it was the same game, or not. I hear it has fun online play and cool lobby to wait for other players.

Yeh same game different name, i am actually really surprised that i seem to be the only one on GTP that actually plays the game as I've not seen anyone in my friends list playing it apart from tha_con.

Great four player mode and great online mode makes this a top game in my collection.

This game is a huge hit with our family and friends, but we always play against each other offline.

I just wish they had also added a "Skins" game mode... as that would have been fun with four players.

I particularly like the flexibility of the settings, such that for the little ones, they can choose the "Everybody's" golf clubs, which are far easier for them to use as you only have to set the power level, and not the impact.

I also really like the handicap options, as well as the unique optional rules. 👍

Our kids are particularly fond of hitting the various buttons to make their character move and say things while another player is about to hit the ball... :D

It's also fun just to explore the golf courses using the over head view and the zoom in and out functions. There are a lot of hidden things on the courses that are fun to try and find. 👍

Yeh same game different name, i am actually really surprised that i seem to be the only one on GTP that actually plays the game as I've not seen anyone in my friends list playing it apart from tha_con.

Great four player mode and great online mode makes this a top game in my collection.

Back in the day I had a great time with Hot Shots 2 or 3 (can't remember). I'd probably pick this one up if it wasn't for F1:CE and CoD4 dominating my gaming moments. Just too much great, and deep, content out there to play it all. I did play the demo though and very much enjoyed it. Is the online mode well implemented?

Back in the day I had a great time with Hot Shots 2 or 3 (can't remember). I'd probably pick this one up if it wasn't for F1:CE and CoD4 dominating my gaming moments. Just too much great, and deep, content out there to play it all. I did play the demo though and very much enjoyed it. Is the online mode well implemented?

Online is fantastic, its easy to get on and very fun. It does however have its downside, for one if you play an idiot they seem more interested in spoiling the round than actually playing, thankfully there are options galore and you can just play with people on your friends list, also the lack of audio chat is a bit of a downer.

I play this game with my old man and other people offline and you have a great time and thankfully its the same experience online too. its taking about 50 to 55 rounds of golf to rank my characters up to max loyalty, and there are 15 of them, plus six courses with more on the way via the PSN store.

I have some questions for the more dedicated fans of this game...

First... How bloody long did it take you to unlock all the characters, their costumes and max out each ones loyalty rating?

I finally unlocked all the characters and caddies, but less than half the costumes and only one of the characters I have maxed out the loyalty rating on. Most have none at all. :indiff:

Second... How many different clubs and balls are there to unlock?

So far I have unlocked 8 dif clubs and 10 dif balls and for each level, although for some of the levels, I noticed the same named clubs have different ratings, for instance:
  • Big Air = "B-class" for Nov. & Int, but "Special" for Exp.
  • Pin Hole = "B-class" for Nov. & Int, but "A-class" for Exp.
  • Turbo Spin = "B-class" for Nov. & Int, but "Special" for Exp.
  • Infinity = "B-class" for all three.
  • Big Magnum = "B-class" for Nov. & Int, but "A-class" for Exp.
So does this mean I still have to unlock all of the "Special" clubs for each character skill level? :eek:

Third...How many video clips are there to unlock?

So far I have only got two available to choose from in the "Movie Theater".

Fourth... How many different background song choices can you unlock?

So far I have 16 available. My fav BTW is #6, as it reminds me of the music they play during the coverage of the major Golf tournaments... but the kids think it's boring. :)

Fifth... How many "Grades" and "Golf Level Ranks" are there for your Player Summary and is there any meaning behind them?

I currently have a grade of "G3" and a Golf level 14 whatever that means.

My tournament ranking is "Platinum", but I also have no idea what that really means.

Status profile also says I have played 81 rounds of golf, but it feels like a lot more than that. Does that only count single player 18 hole rounds?... because even in Single player Challenge mode, I have played at least 100 matches. :odd:

So far I have won all 10 of the "VS." matches in Challenge Mode, and 76 of the 85 matches in Challenge Mode.

It feels like my family, friends and I have all logged a lot of hours playing this game, but it seems like there is still lots of stuff we have not unlocked.

I'm not complaining mind you... we all love the game... but man, it seems like it's going to take well over a hundred hours of gameplay to unlock everything! :eek:

Ohh its a big game, TBH I've not had chance to play much for a while I'm a level 11 and I'm still only a pro, I've yet to get all the clubs costumes and I've only maxed 1 characters loyalty.

The best way to complete and get all balls and clubs, is by doing every chalange mode and trying to get as many skill shots in a round.

here are some of the unlocables.

Capsules

Capsules contain items that are added to the course. They have no effect on the gameplay, they are just there for show. Each Capsule can be unlocked by playing 20 rounds on a certain course.

• Armored Zombie - Play 20 rounds at Euro Classic G.C. (Regular Tee)
  • Bear - Play 20 rounds at Highland C.C. (Long Tee)
  • Blue Whale - Play 20 rounds at The Crown Links (Long Tee)
  • Child Witch - Play 20 rounds at Euro Classic G.C. (Long Tee)
  • Glider - Play 20 rounds at The Crown Links (Regular Tee)
  • Gnome - Play 20 rounds at Silver Peaks G.C. (Regular Tee)
  • Helicopter - Play 20 rounds at Highland C.C. (Regular Tee)
  • Jet Formation - Play 20 rounds at Okinawa Golf Resort (Regular Tee)
  • Lion - Play 20 rounds at Great Safari C.C. (Long Tee)
  • Manta - Play 20 rounds at Okinawa Golf Resort (Long Tee)
  • Rhino - Play 20 rounds at Great Safari C.C. (Regular Tee)
  • Unicorn - Play 20 rounds at Silver Peaks G.C. (Long Tee)

Courses

These are the courses you can unlock and what level it is done at.

• Crown Links - Long Tee - Gold
  • Crown Links -Regular Tee - Silver
  • Euro Classic - Long Tee - Seeded-Pro
  • Euro Classic - Regular Tee - Semi-Pro
  • Great Safari - Long Tee - Seeded-Pro
  • Great Safari - Regular Tee - Pro
  • Highland - Long Tee - Amateur
  • Okinawa - Long Tee - Amateur
  • Okinawa - Regular Tee - Beginner
  • Silver Peaks - Long Tee - Gold
  • Silver Peaks - Regular Tee - Bronze

Thats just basic stuff, remember there are lobby outfits too for the online lobbies there are 8 sets to be won durin the offline game but also 31 other extras that you win durin online play too. Not to metion Menu characters.

here us a run down of the clubs too (got from Game FAQ - Roughdawg4)

Key to clubs:
(n) stands for novice level club
(i) stands for intermediate club
(a) stands for advanced level club

Budget club is clubs for novice characters
An elite club is a club for intermediate characters
A special club is a club for expert characters

• Budget Big Air Club (n)
  • Budget Pin Hole Club (n)
  • Budget Infinity Club (n)
  • Budget Big Magnum Club (n)
  • Budget Turbo Spin Club (n)
  • Elite Big Air Club (n)
  • Elite Big Magnum Club (n)
  • Elite Pin Hole Club (n)
  • Pin Hole Special Club (n)
  • Big Magnum Special Club (n)
  • Elite Turbo Spin Club (n)
  • Elite Infinity Club (n)
  • Big Air Special Club (n)
  • Turbo Spin Special Club (n)
  • Infinity Special Club (n)
  • Budget Pin Hole Club (i)
  • Budget Turbo Spin Club (i)
  • Budget Big Magnum Club (i)
  • Budget Big Air Club (i)
  • Elite Turbo Spin Club (i)
  • Budget Infinity Club (i)
  • Elite Big Air Club (i)
  • Elite Pin Hole Club (i)
  • Elite Big Magnum Club (i)
  • Elite Infinity Club (i)
  • Big Magnum Special Club (i)
  • Infinity Special Club (i)
  • Pin Hole Special Club (i)
  • Big Air Special Club (i)
  • Budget Pin Hole Club (a)
  • Budget Infinity Club (a)
  • Budget Big Air Club (a)
  • Budget Big Magnum Club (a)
  • Elite Big Air Club (a)
  • Budget Turbo Spin Club (a)
  • Elite Pin Hole Club (a)
  • Elite Big Magnum Club (a)
  • Elite Infinity Club (a)
  • Pin Hole Special Club (a)
  • Elite Turbo Spin Club (a)
  • Infinity Special Club (a)
  • Big Magnum Special Club (a)
  • Turbo Spin Special Club (a)
  • Big Air Special Club (a)

Balls:

• Budget Pin Hole Ball
  • Sand Viper Ball
  • Grass Cutter Ball
  • Infinity Ball
  • Beginners Ball
  • Turbo Spin Ball
  • Sidespin Ball
  • Straight Ball
  • Big Air Ball

Its a great game and we play on a weekend, I really need to get back at this game to unlock everything but like I said I need the time.

Thanks for the added info Sprite! 👍

The best way to complete and get all balls and clubs, is by doing every challenge mode and trying to get as many skill shots in a round.
I have won 75 of the 86 single player challenge matches, but I wonder if you have to win them more than once because of the random factor of receiveing only one of six different hidden rewards at the end of each match?

I know I have gotten the same reward after winning two different matches, and more than once already... and wasn’t to happy to see that. :ouch:

Capsules

Capsules contain items that are added to the course. They have no effect on the gameplay, they are just there for show. Each Capsule can be unlocked by playing 20 rounds on a certain course.
How do you know if you unlocked a capsule, or even how many rounds you have played on a single course?

I also bet this is only for single player rounds. That's one of the problems, most of the time when we play, we play against each other, so maybe that's why it's taking so long to unlock things?

Thats just basic stuff, remember there are lobby outfits
What are lobby outfits any way, and how do you see them?

This is different than the character costumes you unlock when you get higher loyalty ratings for each one right?

Key to clubs:
(n) stands for novice level club
(i) stands for intermediate club
(a) stands for advanced level club

Budget club is clubs for novice characters
An elite club is a club for intermediate characters
A special club is a club for expert characters
This is strange. When I unlock a club, they do say whether its for novice (n), intermediate (i) or advanced (a) players, but it gives each of those clubs a "class" rating as well. I just can't seem to find any information on what those classes mean "B", "A", "Special", and how that impacts performance.

Well at least I now know I have all the balls unlocked... and you know how us guys feel about making sure we have all our balls, right? :)

It's a great game and we play on a weekend, I really need to get back at this game to unlock everything but like I said I need the time.
Between this game, Operation Creature Feature, SingStar, and the new Lego Indy game, my family is hogging all the PS3 time!

I may have to go and buy myself another PS3 as a Father's Day present just so I can get some play time on it. :D

Thanks for the added info Sprite! 👍

no porbs.

I have won 75 of the 86 single player challenge matches, but I wonder if you have to win them more than once because of the random factor of receiveing only one of six different hidden rewards at the end of each match?

I still have a way to go in this respect, I've still got loads to do, just need the time to do it. :)

I know I have gotten the same reward after winning two different matches, and more than once already... and wasn’t to happy to see that. :ouch:

Yeh this is frustrating, put in hard work only to be told you have the same reward.

How do you know if you unlocked a capsule, or even how many rounds you have played on a single course?

I also bet this is only for single player rounds. That's one of the problems, most of the time when we play, we play against each other, so maybe that's why it's taking so long to unlock things?

Im not sure on how you unlock them and yes i bet they are single player rounds, I know for sure ive not unloacked any.

What are lobby outfits any way, and how do you see them?

This is different than the character costumes you unlock when you get higher loyalty ratings for each one right?

No buddy, these things are for the online Lobby, when you sign up online you get to make a mini character and when you complete different things in single player and online you get different costumes to show off how good you are in the lobby to the rest of the world, just like the screenshot below.

url

This is strange. When I unlock a club, they do say whether its for novice (n), intermediate (i) or advanced (a) players, but it gives each of those clubs a "class" rating as well. I just can't seem to find any information on what those classes mean "B", "A", "Special", and how that impacts performance.

Well at least I now know I have all the balls unlocked... and you know how us guys feel about making sure we have all our balls, right? :)

again I'm not sure mate, this info was taken from Game FAQ

Between this game, Operation Creature Feature, SingStar, and the new Lego Indy game, my family is hogging all the PS3 time!

I may have to go and buy myself another PS3 as a Father's Day present just so I can get some play time on it. :D

Its the total opposite in or house its always my old man on the PS3 playing either grid or Warhawk.

I shot my first and possibly only Albatross! :eek:

DSCN1231.jpg

Silver Peaks
  • Regular Tee
  • Hole 13
    • 556 yards
    • Par 5

Dino
  • Expert
  • Loyalty 2
  • Level 14
  • Platinum
    • Infinity Clubs (B-class)
    • Infinity Ball

Shot 1
  • Tee Box
  • 0y Pin Elevation
  • 6.4m (14mph) ~160° Wind (NorthNE in relation to shot)
  • 1W
    • 100% Power
    • 99% Impact
    • Near Dead Center (no english)
    • Over Fairway
    • 300y (carry - middle of fairway)
    • 317y (total - far edge of right side fairway)
    • Fairway

Shot 2
  • Fairway
  • -6.5y Pin Elevation
  • 6.9m (15mph) ~70° Wind (EastSE in realtion to shot)
  • 4W
    • 93% Power
    • 100% Impact
    • Near Dead Center (no english)
    • Over Water Hazard (x2)
    • 220y (carry - left front on green)
    • 233y (total - to pin)
    • Hole

Double Eagle/Albatros
  • 520 Points

Now if only I could pull that off on our local course. :)

DSCN1232.jpg

DSCN1233.jpg

Wow, this actually seems pretty cool! How much is it?

I paid $40 for a unopened copy on eBay, but having played it I would not have minded at all paying more for it... it's not only a lot of fun, but can also be challenging if you want it to be. 👍

Speaking of challenging:

DSCN1243.jpg

Finally beat every one of the 95 matches in the single challenge mode!

:cheers:

And with it, I also finally unlocked my first hidden capsule!

DSCN1246.jpg

Only 11 more to go. :lol:

BTW: I received your message on my PS3 about possibly putting together a GTP golf tournament. That sounds like a lot of fun. So far I spend the vast majority of my time in either stroke matches with the family, and single player challenges in order to try and unlock some of the goodies.... but I'd definitely be up for a fun friendly online match as well. 👍

BTW: I received your message on my PS3 about possibly putting together a GTP golf tournament. That sounds like a lot of fun. So far I spend the vast majority of my time in either stroke matches with the family, and single player challenges in order to try and unlock some of the goodies.... but I'd definitely be up for a fun friendly online match as well. 👍

Nice one, well I will try and get some more don't soon on the games, as I've not unlocked everything yet, but an online GTP tournament is what we need, either that or if we cant fine enough players from GTP then a friendly round would be great, drop me a line either here via PM or on the PSN.

👍

I picked the game up today and it's quite fun, I love the over-the-top Japanese theme to it. I'm not all that great yet but I think I should be able to pick it up fairly quickly.

Nice one, well I will try and get some more don't soon on the games, as I've not unlocked everything yet, but an online GTP tournament is what we need, either that or if we cant fine enough players from GTP then a friendly round would be great, drop me a line either here via PM or on the PSN.

👍
Will do! :)👍

I picked the game up today and it's quite fun, I love the over-the-top Japanese theme to it. I'm not all that great yet but I think I should be able to pick it up fairly quickly.
Welcome to the club house Joey! :cheers:

I’m certainly no expert, but my recommendation for anyone starting out is to jump straight to using the Advanced Shot Mode (ASM) over the Traditional Shot Mode (TSM). Yes, it takes some getting used to, but you are rewarded early on for it, and as eventually you'll want to use it any way, you might as well start now. 👍

Another tip I have found very useful when using the ASM is when I am trying to make a shot where I don't want to use a full swing (100% power), or a half wing (50% power), I will change the camera angle so that I can see the full angle of the swing. This makes it MUCH easier to set the amount of power you want in your swing. 👍

In TSM, you never have to worry about that as you are just using the power bar, which is why TSM is easier to use than ASM, but then you are punished by the overall reduction of the power in your swing.

BTW: I use this trick of changing the camera angle when making long puts, as it to will give you a better chance of setting the right amount of power. 👍

Speaking of putting, besides power, the TSM power bar does make it much easier to accurately set the power for a difficult put, but the ASM for both chip shots and putting does have an added feature that can really help in this regard. It creates a "ghost" ball to help assist you in using the right amount of power.

For example, when you start your swing by pressing X, look closely and you'll see a light ball the size of your golf ball move quickly from where your ball lies in a straight line to where ever you have your shot aimed for.

The moment you press X again to set the power, where ever that grey bll was when you pressed it, is how far your ball will travel... assuming it is at the same level and there is no slope on the green... and you make good contact with the ball (the third and last time you press X).

If there is a slope, or a change in elevation, all you have to do is compensate for that in both your aim and in your power selection. For instance, if I'm making an uphill put from 20' away with a rise of about 1 yard, then I'll select my power when the gray ball is nearly twice as far past the pin in order to give it enough speed to get up the green and in the hole.

Another tip I wish someone had suggested to me, which I think will really help you out is to first stick with using characters that shoot straight. The manual doesn’t really talk much about it, but there is a quick mention of it on page 16, as well as explanations of what the numbers and symbols mean that are displayed in the character abilities listing.

If you are still not sure, I can take a pic of it, but basically when looking at the different characters; their abilities are shown to the left side of the screen. Some of the abilities can be enhanced and disabilities improved by the ball and club you select. However, those with a tendency to draw (make the ball go left), or fade (cause the ball to go right), will have a picture of an arrow bending in one or the other direction.

When you start out, I strongly recommend you avoid those characters, and focus on playing characters with good ball control that shoot straight. Otherwise, you'll be spending a lot of time trying to compensate for those natural draw and fade shots, and it will mess you up later on when you use that experience to predict how the ball will behave when playing characters that shoot straight.

I also would not worry about making spin shots until you get comfortable with the basic shots, and learn how to properly predict the angle and length you can get with each club. Once you start mastering spin shots, which will definitely come in handy, you'll then be able to see how adding spin to the ball will also change the angle and length of the shot... again, something that is important to keep track of so that you can accurately predict where your ball will end up, especially on the more difficult courses and holes.

In fact, just like spin shots, it might also be a good idea to avoid as best you can, playing a match with wind turned on until you are familiar with the normal angle and length of your shots without wind. The reason for this is that the wind can greatly impact the length and direction of the ball, and so once you are able to predict where the ball will end up without wind it will be much easier to then learn how the wind, depending on the wind speed and direction, changes it - thus allowing you to compensate for it in your club selection, aim, power, and spin. 👍

I hope this doesn't make it all sound to difficult, because while on paper it mat seem that way, and that yes, the game really does have some excellent and realistic physics regarding the swing, contact, ball flight, and playing surfaces... but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how quick and easy it is to get up and going and progressively get better and better in no time at all. 👍

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it 👍! I suppose I am going to have to learn the Advance Shot, as right now I'm using Traditional. Although the more I think about it the advanced isn't all that much different from the swing control in the Tiger Woods game.

The game doesn't sound overly difficult, I think I just need to play it some more to get the hang of it. But I had to take a break since the Netherlands game was on, but I plan on giving it another go tonight.

In case anyone with a shortage of PS3 controllers for multi-player games (assuming you don't like to share controllers that is), but has the PS3 Remote, it turns out you can use it as a controller for this game. 👍

Only 11 more to go. :lol:

DSCN1598.jpg

DSCN1604.jpg

DSCN1625.jpg

Only 8 more to go now. :)

At least the nice thing about having to play so many rounds of golf to unlock these capsules is that it allows me to raise the loyalty level among the various characters, thus unlocking a lot of other nice stuff as well! 👍

Speaking of which, for those curious or interested, here is what you get each time you raise a character's loyalty level:

_1 _____________________ / +2/1 power shots / __________________ / __________
_2 Adjust Power (O&T)___ / ________________ / __________________ / __________
_3 _____________________ / ________________ / +10% Backdoor Putt / #3 costume
_4 Homing & Rising Shots / ________________ / __________________ / __________
_5 _____________________ / +2/1 power shots / __________________ / __________
_6 _____________________ / ________________ / +10% Backdoor Putt / #4 costume
_7 Intermediate Clubs___ / ________________ / __________________ / __________
_8 _____________________ / +2/1 power shots / __________________ / __________
_9 _____________________ / ________________ / +10% Backdoor Putt / #5 costume
10 Spiral Shots_________ / ________________ / __________________ / __________
11 Advanced Clubs_______ / ________________ / __________________ / __________
12 +Impact Precision____ / ________________ / +10% Backdoor Putt / #6 costume

I played the demo this weekend and liked it, but the lack of chat is a big 👎 for me.

Any idea if they are planning on an update to include it?

TB
I played the demo this weekend and liked it, but the lack of chat is a big 👎 for me.

Any idea if they are planning on an update to include it?

Great question. We have not even played online yet, so chat has not been an issue for us, but frankly all online games really should have chat support IMO.

Here is an update of my current loyalty level progress:

DSCN1925.jpg

:crazy: Only 13 more Loyalty levels to go! 👍

While building up the loyalty levels of the characters, I was able to unlock the fifth capsule:

DSCN1924.jpg

LOL DN you are seriously putting some time into this game. Congrats 👍, as you can imagine im nowhere near that kind of level.

LOL DN you are seriously putting some time into this game. Congrats 👍, as you can imagine im nowhere near that kind of level.

Congrats have to go out to my wife and kids to. :)

Once I realized that you can only unlock items in single player mode, and that all you have to do to raise the loyalty level is to play a Challenge Mode match, not necessarily win it, things got much easier! 👍

In fact the fastest possible way to raise loyalty that I am aware of is the VS matches:

DSCN1948.jpg

Win or lose, you can boost your loyalty in just three holes! 👍

Now unlocking the capsules is a little more time consuming, but also very easy. The important thing to remember is that a 9-hole match counts as a round, just like an 18-hole match, so as far as unlocking capsules... stick with the 9-hole matches.

Also, I learned the hard way, that the "Unofficial" / "Offseason" tournaments do not count towards your stats or as rounds played... so pay close attention to which tournaments are "Offseason" and which are not:

DSCN1949.jpg

Speaking of capsules, I have not been able to find the Bear from capsule #2 any where on the course... although considering how hidden the Armored Zombie was to find, I'm sure I am just not looking carefully enough.

BTW: For those curious here are pics of the ones I have found:

Capsule #1
  • found on course
    This was on the Highland course's 1st hole. It is very easy to find and shows up on a few holes doing a fly by.
Capsule #2
  • not found yet
Capsule #3
  • found on course
    This was on the Okinawa course's 9th hole. It is extremely easy to find and they show up on the start of both the 9th and 18th holes.
Capsule #4
  • found on course
    This was on the Okinawa course's 9th hole. It is the easiest to find so far as it shows up on most of the holes, as long as there is coastal water nearby.
Capsule #5
  • found on course
    This was on the Euro Classic course's 9th hole. It was a real pain to find, because it not only was fairly well hidden from above, but if you get too close, it will disappear, and won't reappear until you start a new game. It also will disappear on it's own after about a minute or so as it slowly walks down the center path beyond the tall clock tower in the middle of the course.

*bump*

Did anybody else pick up the Kratos character from the Store this week? He's absolutely hilarious, because of how much he does not belong on a golf course. The character model has been adjusted to fit the HSG art style, but it still works. All his mannerisms are intact. Asking for the "CLUBS OF OLYMPUS!!" and yelling "I AM A GOD!!" when he makes a perfect hit. Once, I missed a putt by about an inch, and he responded with "ZEUS!! SHOW YOURSELF!!"

Oh, and his clubs? His irons are normal, but his woods don't have a shaft.. the head is connected to the grip by a chain, and he spins it around when he's getting ready or after he's made his shot. It's purely a cosmetic change, he still plays like the other characters.

Stats are average except power, he's maxxed out at 297 yards by default. I haven't played the game up to unlocking all of the Expert gear yet, but I imagine you could get some crazy distance with the right setup.

Well worth the two bucks if you enjoy a good laugh. :) They need to release more characters like this.

Back