Everybody's Golf

• Thread starter Sprite
  • 48 comments
*bump*

Did anybody else pick up the Kratos character from the Store this week? He's absolutely hilarious, because of how much he does not belong on a golf course. The character model has been adjusted to fit the HSG art style, but it still works. All his mannerisms are intact. Asking for the "CLUBS OF OLYMPUS!!" and yelling "I AM A GOD!!" when he makes a perfect hit. Once, I missed a putt by about an inch, and he responded with "ZEUS!! SHOW YOURSELF!!"

Oh, and his clubs? His irons are normal, but his woods don't have a shaft.. the head is connected to the grip by a chain, and he spins it around when he's getting ready or after he's made his shot. It's purely a cosmetic change, he still plays like the other characters.

Stats are average except power, he's maxxed out at 297 yards by default. I haven't played the game up to unlocking all of the Expert gear yet, but I imagine you could get some crazy distance with the right setup.

Well worth the two bucks if you enjoy a good laugh. :) They need to release more characters like this.

Agreed, he is good, and not too hard to use in advanced shots to say he has basic stats apart from power. and yeah; I agree with the comedy factor too, quite interesting character.

*bump*

Did anybody else pick up the Kratos character from the Store this week? He's absolutely hilarious, because of how much he does not belong on a golf course. The character model has been adjusted to fit the HSG art style, but it still works. All his mannerisms are intact. Asking for the "CLUBS OF OLYMPUS!!" and yelling "I AM A GOD!!" when he makes a perfect hit. Once, I missed a putt by about an inch, and he responded with "ZEUS!! SHOW YOURSELF!!"

Oh, and his clubs? His irons are normal, but his woods don't have a shaft.. the head is connected to the grip by a chain, and he spins it around when he's getting ready or after he's made his shot. It's purely a cosmetic change, he still plays like the other characters.

Stats are average except power, he's maxxed out at 297 yards by default. I haven't played the game up to unlocking all of the Expert gear yet, but I imagine you could get some crazy distance with the right setup.

Well worth the two bucks if you enjoy a good laugh. :) They need to release more characters like this.

Wait...I thought he was only 0.99? I picked him up last night, swear that's what the price was, lol.

New Update now Available

The update adds voice chat support to the game. 👍

In addition, for those that might not check the PSN store often, there are two new DLC costume packs available:

image_97x97.jpg

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds New Costume Pack
Spruce up your Hot Shots Golf Fall wardrobe with a collection of playful and funky new outfits ideal for golf wherever you play. Five new costumes come your way with 6 variations for each new costume giving you a total of 30 new outfits to dress your favorite 5 players in Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds. So now matter where you play, you'll certainly be the best dressed player on the course.

image_97x97.jpg

Hot Shots Golf: Fall Fashion Line
Spruce up your Hot Shots Golf Fall wardrobe with a collection of playful and funky new outfits ideal for golf wherever you play. Five new costumes come your way with 6 variations for each new costume giving you a total of 30 new outfits to dress your favorite 5 players in Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds. So now matter where you play, you'll certainly be the best dressed player on the course.

There is also an article on the PSB about this new update and HD screen shots of some of the costumes:

The Lara Croft style costume is 'interesting'. ;)

3029729399_22c9907e2b.jpg

Yeh DN I saw these about two months ago on the Chinese PSN, but I think they get them cheap compared to us. They are asking £4 or there abouts per pack which I find way too high to pay for, especially when a full character was cheaper and so was a full course. I would rather have new courses to play and new characters. New balls and clubs would be nice too.

Yeh DN I saw these about two months ago on the Chinese PSN, but I think they get them cheap compared to us. They are asking £4 or there abouts per pack which I find way too high to pay for, especially when a full character was cheaper and so was a full course. I would rather have new courses to play and new characters. New balls and clubs would be nice too.

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I never bought the add-on course, as I figured why bother until I finished the game, and I still haven't. :)

However, the free update with the voice chat is nice. 👍

Lots of new stuff to report about... including rumors about a future trophy patch for the game!

First of all, just a heads-up that last week the third costume pack was made available:

image_97x97.jpg

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Costume Pack #3 ($2.99)
Spruce up your Hot Shots Golf Fall wardrobe with a collection of playful and funky new outfits ideal for golf wherever you play. Five new costumes come your way with 6 variations for each new costume giving you a total of 30 new outfits to dress your favorite 5 players in Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds. So now matter where you play, you’ll certainly be the best dressed player on the course.
File size: 102 KB

Also in the Asian PSN stores, Clap Hanz have already released a new course, Jurassic Island:

0c5f401ab1a9a186feb98575359be899750794fe

image01.jpg
image03.jpg

image04.jpg
image05.jpg

image06.jpg
image07.jpg

image08.jpg
image09.jpg

image10.jpg
image11.jpg

And how about this one as a fitting last hole....

image12.jpg

:D

Now this is one course I think I'll have to add. 👍

I have not played HSG in a long time, as I was expecting and planning on waiting until it got patched to include trophies, that and so many great games and movies have eaten up all my spare time, but now it appears at least the wait may be paying off!

Last week, on the Asian PSN stores, they released "Everybody's Putter Golf with Toro". Which is a PSN game based on Everybody's Golf (HSG: OOB) and Toro from Mainichi Issho.

7a7a8e83800d725dfb585dd0ce558c25e30136c2

What's exciting though is that it has trophies. This combined with the earlier rumors that Clap Hanz was working on a trophy patch for HSG gives me new hope that this may indeed happen. 👍

Last edited:
DN has the US PSN store got the Toro character yet? plus the Toro Online Lobby costume? The EU/UK PSN has got it up and for Free too I might add. The Charater is a bit poor as he is a Novice Character, still its nice to see.

I cant wait for the new Course i will be buying it once out along with the Putting game too, a bit of Crazy Golf is a sure break from the rounds of golf.

So is this new course going to be available on the US Playstation Store?. Whats with this Toro character, I downloaded it and have no idea where to find it. All in all its been a fun game, though it does get very challenging at the end.

DN has the US PSN store got the Toro character yet? plus the Toro Online Lobby costume? The EU/UK PSN has got it up and for Free too I might add. The Charater is a bit poor as he is a Novice Character, still its nice to see.

Yes we got Toro with the 23/12 update of the PSN store.

So is this new course going to be available on the US Playstation Store?. Whats with this Toro character, I downloaded it and have no idea where to find it. All in all its been a fun game, though it does get very challenging at the end.

Load up the game and go to the online section and it will update the game this will then activate the character and you will be able to use him.

Load up the game and go to the online section and it will update the game this will then activate the character and you will be able to use him.

👍 Thanks, its been a few months since I was last online with this game. It will probably take close to an hour to download the updates.

So is there a trophy patch yet? And do you guys still play online? I might pick this up if I can find it on the cheap.

So is there a trophy patch yet?

Not that I am aware of, and I do not belive there has been any official statement from Clap Hanz that there will be, but there is plenty of unofficial specualtion that there will be. Especially seeing as how their latest game, Everybody's Putter Golf was released with trophies.

And do you guys still play online? I might pick this up if I can find it on the cheap.

My family, friends and I played it all the time before LBP came around and not once have I ever played this game online, so I can recommend it even without the online play which I am told is quite excellent.

I plan on playing it again, especially once they finally get around to releasing the Jurassic Island add-on which already came out over a month ago in Asian PSN stores. Maybe this time around I'll try out the online modes. I think Sprite was interested in putting together some GTP tournaments.

Last edited:
I picked this up at the weekend and love it.

Its one of those games that I had intended to buy a while ago and never got around to, having loved the PS2 version and with the PSP version still being the game I play the most (great when away with work).

On-line is great fun and the single player is as huge as past games, this is one that I will play on and off for a long time to come.

Regards

Scaff

Its one of those games that I had intended to buy a while ago and never got around to, having loved the PS2 version and with the PSP version still being the game I play the most (great when away with work).

On-line is great fun and the single player is as huge as past games, this is one that I will play on and off for a long time to come.

Regards

Scaff

Good stuff, its the only game I play on a regular basis. If your online some time I will hit you up for a game.

Scaff, Omnis, and anyone new to the game or planning on getting it, I posted some tips earlier in post #21 that I wish someone had suggested to me when I first started playing, so you may want to check them out as they might help. 👍

Good stuff, its the only game I play on a regular basis. If your online some time I will hit you up for a game.
No problem at all, I look forward to it.

👍

Scaff, Omnis, and anyone new to the game or planning on getting it, I posted some tips earlier in post #21 that I wish someone had suggested to me when I first started playing, so you may want to check them out as they might help. 👍
I checked them out yesterday and am glad to say that I had already adopted most of them, a great post none the less.

👍

I also had a quick look at the game data file for it yesterday as I did wonder why the updates took so damn long, almost fell over, 6.6gig! Moments like that make me glad I upgraded my HDD.

Regards

Scaff

Regards

Scaff

I'm dying here! I need this game!! :lol:

So is this new course going to be available on the US Playstation Store?

The Jurassic Island add-on course was finally made available in the NA PSN store two weeks ago... although for some odd reason it got re-named Golfasaurus-Rex. :odd:

I plan on playing it again, especially once they finally get around to releasing the Jurassic Island add-on which already came out over a month ago in Asian PSN stores. Maybe this time around I'll try out the online modes.

I still have not played any online tournaments, but true to my word, I downloaded the new course... and LOVE IT!!!!

The environment is fantastic... the detail of the various dinosaurs is excellent, and when the T-Rex starts heading your way... it definitely grabs your attention! :)

It is also a very challenging course!

I'm also glad I played this game again, as I had spent so much time playing LBP I had begun to forget how much fun I had with this game. In fact, I decided to splurge and downloaded a bunch of add-on content:

100_2254-1.jpg

• Golfasaurus-Rex Course
  • Toro Character
  • Kratos Character
  • Alex Character
  • Gloria Character
  • Costume Pack #2
  • Costume Pack #3
I still have not purchased the Oceania course... maybe someday. I also passed on the Costume Pack #1 as it appeared to only be baseball outfits, while the other costume packs has some really interesting and different types of costumes.

Latest Posts

Back