Karelian MotorWorks - End of an Era

• Thread starter Temetias.
  • 68 comments
KMW is proud to announce that two of our cars have won their first 200 a-spec point races!
Congratulations on the 200pt wins. I'll try to race at least one of these but time is precious at the moment, so doubt it. But that Elise looks really really good.

Thanks guys! :)

The intergra was originally tuned for nurb but I just wanted to try how it was like on a wet surface. I liked it, so I published the lap time. But it's still meant to be driven on the nurburgring.

And PF, if you will drive the Elise, I must give you a heads up: It's a one purpose car. Meant to be driven on street circuits only. In cicuits like Tsukuba it's fun but not necessarily so fast. But it's something different, that's for sure. ;)

-------------

KMW will propably publish some sort of photo gallery for celebrating these 200 a-spec wins. These photos will include already existing tunes and some sneek peeks for upcoming, all new tunes.

So stay tuned! :)

Elite Series #2: Skyline GT-R '10
Based on Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M-spec Nur '02 (Black)
IMG0030.jpg

Specs
Power: 877 bhp / 6800rpm
Torque: 913 nm / 4400rpm
Weight: 1311 kg

Parts to buy
Oil Change
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Displacement Increase
Racing Chip
NOS (optional)
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Turbo Kit Stage 5 (HKS)
Racing Intercooler
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rear Wing (3D TYPE DB)
New Wheels (YOKOHAMA 011)

SETUP

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.5 / 7.2
Ride Height: 105 / 105
Bound: 2 / 3
Rebound: 7 / 7
Camber: 2.3 / 1.0
Toe: -2 / 2
Stabilizers: 1 / 1

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5 / 12

Transmission
First auto, then all the rest

1st: 3.507
2nd: 2.557
3rd: 2.013
4th: 1.634
5th: 1.339
6th: 1.116
Final Gear: 2.578
Auto: 11

NOS (if installed)
NOS pressure: 70

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 30 / 25

Driving Aids
All off

Some laptimes
No NOS used

GVS: 1'38.994
The Ring: 6'14.565​

Elite Series #2. The Skyline GT-R. Everybody knows what this car is capable of. This does the same that all fully tuned Skylines do: goes fast. We just wanted it to be something else, than all the others. We wanted it to be fun to drive, which is rare to 4wd car. But with KMW's Skyline, you can enjoy small drifts, sharp steering and still be insanely fast almost anywhere. 4WD can't be much better than this.

Last edited:
The NuRac '10 (The Nurburgring Racer)
Based on Spyker C8 Laviolette '02 (Titanium silver metallic)
IMG0032-2.jpg

Specs
Power: 649 bhp / 8000rpm
Torque: 648 nm / 5000rpm
Weight: 941 kg

Parts to buy
Oil Change
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
NOS
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres (+ R1, R2, R4, R5)
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rear Wing (3D TYPE DS)
New Wheels (OZ 013)

SETUP

Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 100 / 80
Bound: 1 / 3
Rebound: 3 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 1.8
Toe: -2 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 4

Brakes
Brake Balance: 7 / 6

Transmission

1st: 3.102
2nd: 2.100
3rd: 1.625
4th: 1.315
5th: 1.084
6th: 0.900
Final Gear: 3.052
Auto: 13

NOS
NOS pressure: 50

LSD
Initial Torque: 15
LSD Acceleration: 35
LSD Deceleration: 25

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
All off

Some laptimes
NOS installed

Nurburgring Nordschleife: 6'11.996 (R3's)
Nurburgring Nordschleife: 5'59.765 (R5's)​

Nurburgring Nordschleife. The most brutal circuit world has to offer. Best possble place to test cars and drivers. It's a legend. That sort of track needs to have a car meant to be raced only there. So we created The NuRac. It is our weapon to The 'Ring. Tested, driven and tuned for weeks in the "green hell". As result we managed to modify a Spyker into a angry race car that reaches 360 km/h (223 mp/h) in Döttinger-höhe and blasts under the magical 6' minute benchmark, if needed. :scared:

Rewiews

nomis3613

Last edited:
No worries Ill still be here a while as well. But, my garage may be closed before long as I will not have the time to run a garage. I will still be tuning but, I doubt I will be able to post them anymore. I figure Since I did some testing with your RX-7 and you gave me the idea to do the comparision I could give you the rave review your car deserves. I love your RX-7 tune! Sure it was only slightly slower than the mft equivalent, but, what it loses to mft it gains in sheer fun, And if I could do an actual head to head race between the two I feel the kmw tune could out run the mft in the bends and gain enough lead to stay ahead. Really where Buzzbomb is blisteringly fast and unstable your tune is Stable, consistant and still blindingly fast. 10/10. Actually, I think im gonna go drive it now. Adios.

Last edited:
Thanks man! :)

Yeah, the KMW tunes do not just aim for the lowest lap times. I think that the cars should give you something and always make the driver smile. Like when you arrive to a tight hairpin, brake and drop to 2nd gear, turn tight, then give it some gas, get some drifty feeling and just let the tail slide and make some smoke, and finally full throttle, accelerating fast to the next corner. That just feels perfect, and that's what we are trying to make possible.

I hope that you have felt something like that when driving the RX-7. :dopey:

Every turn is like that with the RX-7. Im workin on a Vette' grand sport right now that has a similar effect. It's completely reinvigorated my love for gt4
edit: (gets in fireblade type rr) this feels nice (does a few laps) what the? (chances views) Man, for a minute it felt like i was driving the takata dome nsx.

Last edited:
That's good, and gives some motivation for us to keep on tuning. :)

Hey, remember that when you have written a rewiew, please request a car. We would like to have our first real order. Like that 'vette you are working on. We would like to tune it to suit your driving style.

KMW Racing Elise '10
Based on Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98 (red)
IMG0034-1.jpg

Specs
Power: 292 bhp / 7000rpm
Torque: 289 nm / 4900rpm
Weight: 609 kg

Parts to buy
Oil Change
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
NOS (optional)
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Turbo Kit Stage 3
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Body Ridigity Refresher
Rear Wing (3D TYPE DB)
New Wheels (SPEEDLINE 007)

SETUP

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.8 / 7.1
Ride Height: 80 / 80
Bound: 2 / 7
Rebound: 2 / 7
Camber: 2.3 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / 1
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brakes
Brake Balance: 7 / 10

Transmission

1st: 3.632
2nd: 2.669
3rd: 2.044
4th: 1.622
5th: 1.303
Final Gear: 2.500
Auto: 1

NOS (if installed)
NOS pressure: 100

LSD
LSD Acceleration: 25
LSD Deceleration: 10

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
All off

Some laptimes

GVS: 1'44.698
GVS: 1'39.954 [NOS]​

Yes, it's an Elise. Yet again. But this car has nothing similar to 360 Elise. The 360 was created to street circuits and cruising around the town. This one, The Racing Elise, is different. It was created for racing use only which can be seen it the power-weight ratio. It's almost 200kg lighter than the 360, and has more power. Anything that didn't increase the speed of the car, we removed. We also added a large turbo to make sure that the engine produces as much power as possible. After our improvements, the Racing Elise goes around GVS in 1'39.9, which is only a second slower than the 900bhp Skyline and 2 seconds faster than the Fireblade NSX with 500bhp. :dunce: The ultimate Elise is born.

NuRac '10 Review
Since I don't have the patience/skills to run consistent laps of the Nurburgring, I've taken the KMW C8 away from its home ground for a test at Deep Forest (which I think is a similar style of track).

Tests were done using a DS2 controller on the PAL version.

Parts Only
(all the KMW parts except LSD and gearbox, default settings)
Not a car for transporting spinal surgery patients, this sure is a stiff setup! The car was often violently thrown off line by kerbs/bumps/etc. Very heavy entry understeer, I was having to brake very early because there was no turning action happening until well after the brakes had been released. I even found myself deliberately bouncing the engine off the limiter while engine braking, just to destabilise the rear.

Corner exit is nice- very well balanced and adjustable.

Over high-speed bumps, the rear loses traction causing wheelspin even in 4th/5th gears. And the last 2 corners (fast lefts) resulted in terrible understeer.

My best lap was 1:13.5, in theory I could probably run a 1:12.8 if everything went to plan, but running consistent laps in this car is a nightmare!

KMW Tune
Ahhhh compliance!! This is a perfect example of how lower and stiffer is not always better. Still a bit jittery over some bumps, but for the bits that matter (kerbs, mid-corner bumps) the car is excellently composed.

Corner entry is very well balanced, allowing me to brake much later. And the last 2 corners can be drifted through with perfect balance, causing an increase in speed at the start/finish line of 20km/h!!

The car is still quite twitchy, so putting a wheel on the grass or getting high-speed wheelspin will still result in you facing backwards before you know what happened. But this is probably due to the short wheelbase an not any fault of the KMW tune. Speaking of high-speed wheelspin, the rear wheels are now much better planted when taking big bumps at high speed, so wheelspin is far less common.

My best lap was 1:09.2 and, more importantly, this is a time I could reel off lap after lap with this tune. Great work.

Thanks a lot for the rewiew! :) Glad you took your time to drive one KMW tune once again! 👍

By the way, do you have a wheel controller like g27 or GT force? All these cars are tuned using a GT EX wheel and driving them with DS2 feels just impossible to me. Seems like you have mastered driving with the DS2, if you can stay on the track but I think you could be a lot faster with a wheel.

No worries, the car was a pleasure to drive 👍

I hope to have a wheel sometime soon for when GT5 comes out, probably a Driving Force GT. Actually, I'm surprised that your tunes are made for a wheel- they still feel really nice on the old twiddle sticks!

Okay, after a long break KMW is back to work again!

We are going to unleash few last tunes before GT5 comes out and we promise that they are going to be the most pleasurable cars you have ever driven. There's going to be few new cars, one remake of old tune and something very, very fast for he last one.

So stay tuned! :)

KMW S2000 G-Tune '10
Based on MUGEN S2000 '00 (white)
IMG0001-1.jpg

Specs
Power: 400 bhp / 8500rpm
Torque: 341 nm / 8300rpm
Weight: 1091 kg

Parts to buy
Oil Change
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S2, S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
New Wheels (ENKEI 019)

SETUP

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.8 / 7.8
Ride Height: 83 / 83
Bound: 1 / 8
Rebound: 1 / 8
Camber: 3.5 / 1.2
Toe: 1 / -2
Stabilizers: 1 / 5

Brakes
Brake Balance: 7 / 12

Transmission

1st: 3.757
2nd: 2.784
3rd: 2.198
4th: 1.766
5th: 1.498
6th: 1.293
Final Gear: 3.577
Auto: 6

Driving Aids
All off

Some laptimes
No NOS used

Opera Paris: 1'26.566 [S3's]​

All car fans must admit that they're in love with the S2000, in some level. The engine of it is a masterpiece and its scream makes some laugh insanely, and some cry for joy. KMW also loves the S2000 and it's handling charateristics. We didn't do just a old school install-a-gharger tune. It's still naturally asprited, revving up to 10 000rpm. We also didn't want to spoil it's looks with a huge wing. As we started our work we thoght that this car can do more than just drive around the circuit, running for the fastest lap time. So we made our first "gymkhana car". So the "G-Tune" stands for "Gymkhana-tune". For those who dont know what the gymkhana is, just look a video of Ken Block work his magic. With S2000 G-Tune you can do something like he does. Drifts and amazing driving skill show-offs, and do great laptimes at the same time. You can't have a car with a lot more joy of driving than this. Just take it to "Tuning car championship" and drift to win! :) Drive and comment! 👍

Edit: Managed to cut off a full second off the laptime. Noticed that I was driving one corner all wrong. :lol:

Last edited:
KMW S2000 G-Tune R '10
Based on MUGEN S2000 '00 (red)
IMG0003-1.jpg

Specs
Power: 449 bhp / 8300rpm
Torque: 386 nm / 7900rpm
Weight: 1091 kg

Parts to buy
Oil Change
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Turbo Kit Stage 3
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
New Wheels (YOKOHAMA 011)

SETUP

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.1 / 7.7
Ride Height: 83 / 83
Bound: 2 / 8
Rebound: 3 / 9
Camber: 2.3 / 1.2
Toe: 2 / -2
Stabilizers: 1 / 4

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6 / 9

Transmission

1st: 3.189
2nd: 2.358
3rd: 1.834
4th: 1.462
5th: 1.198
6th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.711
Auto: 12

Driving Aids
All off

Some laptimes
No NOS used

Opera Paris: 1'20.893
GVS: 1'46.901​

Angry version of the G-Tune. A bit less fun but a lot more speed. Still no ugly wing installed.

Last edited:
We have some big news!

The Tuning Guide -Creator, nomis3613 is now part of the KMW! His knowledge in GT4 tuning will definatly improve the quality of our tunes even more. We can now also forget about the idea of tuning only RWD cars, so you can expect more FF and 4WD cars from us. :)

Im still looking for someone to help me with my tunes as well. KTZ didnt work out. Im beggining to realize all my tunes arent exactly the best.

Because during long, dark winter nights we don't have anything better to do, right Temetias? 💡 :D

Yeah, that's right! :lol: We now have over 10cm snow, so can't drive my lightweight motorcycle anymore... :grumpy: And there's not enough snow for snowboarding yet. Just have to stay inside and play GT4! :)

Edit: Hey fbcars! I could drive one of your tunes and give you some advice. I have a 350Z in my garage, so I might try that one. My Z is the Gran Turismo edition (the one with 295bhp in stock). I think that the setup will work for it?

Last edited:
Edit: Hey fbcars! I could drive one of your tunes and give you some advice. I have a 350Z in my garage, so I might try that one. My Z is the Gran Turismo edition (the one with 295bhp in stock). I think that the setup will work for it?

As far as the actual tuning figures it should. But, I know the Fairlady Z Has a little less power when tuned , but, I'll have to double check that.

Edit: To answer your question on the car. It should work. But, because I'm really bored I'll delve deeper into it.

Last edited:
Mugen S2k G-tune R

Parts only

Eh ok drives just like every other S2k a little drifty when prompted but, nothing managable. 5/10

KMW tune
Its Amazing!!!! Turns are Non-chalantly taken with a hint of oversteer. Top end is great for tracks like GVS and Trial Mtn. It truly feels like its a race car. Over all 9.5/10 (a little more oversteer would make it a perfect 10.

Hey, thanks for taking it out for a spin! Glad you liked it.

I just wanted to make it a little bit different than the normal G-tune, so that's why I neutralized the oversteer. Personally I think that the normal G-tune is a lot more fun to drive than the R. If you are still thirsty for more "well controlled oversteer", try out the normal G-tune! :)

We have some big news!

Thanks for the welcome! I hope that I can make some good contributions to the work of the Sleepless Finns...

So, here's our first collaboration:

ELIDE '10
Based on Opel Speedster Turbo '00 (mandarin)
IMG0004-1.jpg

Specs
Power: 342 bhp / 5000rpm
Torque: 399 nm / 1950rpm
Weight: 884 kg

Parts to buy
Oil Change
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rear Wing (3D TYPE CB)
New Wheels (SPEEDLINE 007)

SETUP

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.3 / 5.7
Ride Height: 130 / 130
Bound: 3 / 5
Rebound: 3 / 4
Camber: 3.0 / 3.0
Toe: -1 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 1

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6 / 9

Transmission

1st: 3.293
2nd: 2.390
3rd: 1.945
4th: 1.597
5th: 1.210
Final Gear: 3.130

LSD
LSD Acceleration: 5
LSD Deceleration: 5

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 23 / 15

Driving Aids
All off

Some laptimes
No NOS used

Apricot Hill Raceway: 1'24.255​

Another KMW Lotus Elise... but this one wears an Opel Badge. And comes from the factory with a turbo hanging off the exhaust. Of course KMW felt the need to turn up the boost! Unfortunately the car is hampered with a 5 speed gearbox, perhaps in an attempt to keep the Lotus at the top of the tree. This means the ratios are very compromised (particularly 5th). In the current form- tuned specifically for Apricot Hill- the gearing tops out at 250km/h so for tracks with longer straights a lower final ratio will be needed.

Enough of what it doesn't have, now on to what it does have! As with most MR cars, the handling is wonderfully responsive but it won't suffer fools if you get too rough with it. And the way it flows though the final chicane is something we're very proud of. You may notice that the LSD settings are very soft, this was a deliberate more to allow the driver to dial in some oversteer with the throttle if necessary. But wheelspin is not a problem in the Elide...unless you're trying to...
Enjoy :cool:

M5 GTR '10
Based on BMW M5 '05 (silbergrau metallic)
IMG0013-1.jpg

Specs
Power: 761 bhp / 7750rpm
Torque: 741 nm / 6100rpm
Weight: 1423 kg

Parts to buy
Oil Change
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3

SETUP

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.3 / 7.3
Ride Height: 95 / 95
Bound: 2 / 1
Rebound: 7 / 6
Camber: 2.0 / 1.3
Toe: -1 / 0
Stabilizers: 1 / 1

Brakes
Brake Balance: 4 / 4

Transmission

1st: 4.812
2nd: 3.734
3rd: 2.968
4th: 2.411
5th: 2.006
6th: 1.671
7th: 1.401
Final Gear: 2.500

LSD
Initial Torque: 13
LSD Acceleration: 33

Driving Aids
All off

Some laptimes
No NOS used

The Ring: 6'25.531
GVS: 1'42.200​

The BMW M5. Probably the fastest large 4-door saloon ever made. Its amazing V10 engine, takes it to the limited top speed of 250km/h (156mph) frighteningly fast and it has performance to rule the track days. But it wasn't fast enough for us. We modified the V10 to pump out 760bhp, and the chassis was totally rebuilt for even better cornering and stability at high speeds. It also has lost a lot of weight and now it is as light as the EVO. A lot of time was spent to make the car competitive, even against race cars. Now it can quite easily beat JGTC and DTM race cars. But the best part of it, you can't tell its tuned until you see the race slicks underneath. There's no ugly wings, spoilers or race wheels. It looks almost like the one even your grandma could have.

The fastest 4-door available? Try and see.

Last edited:
E55 AMG R '10
Based on Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG '02 (schwarz)
IMG0015-1-1.jpg

Specs
Power: 754 bhp / 6100rpm
Torque: 1048 nm / 2650-4000rpm
Weight: 1585 kg

Parts to buy
Oil Change
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3

SETUP

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0 / 5.9
Ride Height: 117 / 110
Bound: 2 / 5
Rebound: 2 / 6
Camber: 2.1 / 1.3
Toe: 1 / 2
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5 / 4

Transmission

1st: 3.990
2nd: 2.848
3rd: 2.186
4th: 1.731
5th: 1.407
Final Gear: 2.000
Auto: 6

LSD
Initial Torque: 11
LSD Acceleration: 45

Driving Aids
All off

Some laptimes
No NOS used

The Ring: 6'42.689
GVS: 1'47.303​

The alternative option for the M5. Less sporty, but a lot more feel of power. It also is a lot more enjoyable to drive. Don't be fooled by the looks of a E200 kompressor. This one is fast. Really fast. Take it to Nurburgring and see.

Last edited:
Back