GT Comparisons/Reviews - "Back w/ Euro-flair"

This thread is for the sole purpose so that I can answer some questions like "is x car better or is y car better?" The purpose is so I can give the commuters a better look into what they are buying. It also serves as a potential buying guide for the GT crowd.

I know a lot of you GT guys are mad collectors with the full garage. I'm not that way. I buy what's fun and try it out. Exactly what I'm doing here.

Changing in rules makes me say this: don't request a comparison or review. I'll do them myself UNLESS demand is high. Remember, money hasn't been the easiest thing for anyone to get in GT5. So don't bother me, o.k.?

I'd like to avert attention to my original post here. Preferably, the last line. I understand there are things people want to see. Take in consideration that I have to have money (I don't borrow cars, I can't be online and writing a comparo at the same time) Besides, I need to own the cars at the end of a test for one reason: I'm going to have a COTY contest. It's going to be a long time from now so don't even bother me about that. (unless you have a question, CB)

IO enjoy the enthusiasm, but I normally prefer to get to my own designed tests that sprout up out of nowhere. I hate a planned test.

"The Lonely Ones"
2012 Lexus LFA vs. 2009 Nissan GT-R SpecV

Prologue
Japan has 2 - and just 2 - cars that qualify as supercars. Those 2 are the Toyota F1 research Lexus LFA, and the long running Nissan GT-R SpecV. Whiners will cry NSX-R Prototype LM! It's not real.

After reading the article in Motor Trend ("Street Value", August 2010), I thought "what would it be like if it was the SpecV and not the plain-jane GT-R?" Thankfully, in the world of GT, I can realize it. So I picked up an LFA and SpecV, both in the best colours (Matt Black and Ultimate Opal Black) and headed out for the tests.

Stats
Lexus LFA
4.8L V10
562hp @ 8500rpm
360lb.-ft. @ 7000rpm
4505mm x 1896 x 1220
1480kg
544PP

Nissan GT-R SpecV
3.8L Twin-Turbo V6
502hp @ 6500rpm
456lb.-ft. @ 3500rpm
4650mm x 1896 x 1370
1680kg
538PP

Step 1.- Time Trial
Track: Suzuka Circuit

Lexus LFA- 2'17.415
Nissan GT-R- 2'15.379

Winner- GT-R. It's imperceptibly faster around the Japanese GP circuit. It doesn't ever feel fast, but by the dual-clutching 6-speed and th twin turbos, along with AWD, it can power it, faster than the LFA can. The LFA is still quick though,. and feels a lot faster than the GT-R. The transmission isn't as bad as the GT-R's, and sometimes you have to prefer its slightly slower and satisfying feel.

Step 2.- Speed Trial
Track- Daytona International Superspeedway

Lexus LFA- 202mph, 3.4sec 0-60
Nissan GT-R- 192mph, 3.2sec 0-60

Winner- LFA all the way. That extra .2 second faster to 60 probably doesn't mean much for the GT-R, because its numerous gearshifts mean it's slower as it climbs. The top speed can't even reach the respected 200mph mark. The Lexus exactly, spot-on, hit its real life top speed. If the track were a bit longer, it could've hit 205, but the air resistance is high. Lexus also beats the Nissan by 2 seconds around Daytona. Thank god for speed!

Step 3.- Race Trial
Track- Eiger Nordwand Short Course
Rules- 2 Laps. No collisions. Intermediate level.

Lexus LFA- 5th Place
Nissan GT-R- 2nd Place

Winner- GT-R.What my data doesn't say is the difficulty of the field. The GT-R ran against Cali's, GT-R's, Z06's, and Viper's. The LFA ran against Pagani's, Audi's, and et cetera. The Nissan still proves it's a clean racer that gets the job done.

Step 4.- The Drive
Track- Test Track (Eifel)

Lexus LFA- grab aboard the Lexus and expect to be awestruck. Pull the car from any gear, and the thrust is addictive. The 4.8L V10- ohmygodthesound! I have never heard a better V10 - or engine - as good as this one. It's so high pitched and melodic that life itself just disappears. Shoving the car in a turn, getting some oversteer, dropping a gear, and flooring it, is akin to piloting a burning aircraft while watching a IMAX movie. In a 7.0 earthquake.

Nissan GT-R- It's fast, but is it too much? It does good at a track star, but lacks any emotion whatsoever. The car siphons all the good mood a car gives you and leaves you neutral. There's no fun. The transmission? Meh, it's fast, but just makes it feel more like I'm driving a car built by Iron Man. It's a bore to drive.

So who wins? Easy answer, LFA. It's so raw, so awesomely incredible, creating an amazing feeling that a GT-R is only capable of taking away and stuffing it where it can't be found. It's an emotional, brilliant supercar with faults - the SMG isn't the quickest - but when you understand that the car revs so much that a typical analog gauge couldn't be used, nd the used the TFT-LCD circle thing, it all makes perfect sense.

very nicely done.. and im glad the LFA won.. i just picked up my 4th one today (for a passionate Pink paint chip) then repainted it Black but i dont like it, im now searching for a Lexus color that will make it look purposeful (two of its sister LFAs are Lapis Lazuli and Pearl Red respectively, and both of them are so pretty they make the black car look like last nights leftover turkey) , the third one is Premium Silver meant to throw a bone to a friend with a real life IS250 of the same color, as you can guess i dont use that one

How would everyone feel about a Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 vs. Lamborghini Murcielago SV? The Pagani has more PP but then again the SV has AWD and 100 more HP. They're both equally fast around a road coarse but the SV definitely has the acceleration over the Zonda. Anyone interested?

How would everyone feel about a Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 vs. Lamborghini Murcielago SV? The Pagani has more PP but then again the SV has AWD and 100 more HP. They're both equally fast around a road coarse but the SV definitely has the acceleration over the Zonda. Anyone interested?

Let's see who you should really be asking. That'd be me. Being fair, I could let you give it a shot. But, seeing how I'm the OP and basically it's my rules unless I break the AUP or go war-dictator on your asses, PM me a final draft of it and don't put it in here. If I like it, go ahead and post. If not, it's not the end of the world and it's because I find organization, interest, punctuation and grammar, and relevance some of the key factors that should be met by any comparison test or review, for that matter.

GT_Prologue5
Let's see who you should really be asking. That'd be me. Being fair, I could let you give it a shot. But, seeing how I'm the OP and basically it's my rules unless I break the AUP or go war-dictator on your asses, PM me a final draft of it and don't put it in here. If I like it, go ahead and post. If not, it's not the end of the world and it's because I find organization, interest, punctuation and grammar, and relevance some of the key factors that should be met by any comparison test or review, for that matter.

Great wordplay in that comment. You could've been like most everyone else around here and flamed me for hijacking your thread but you were polite in your approach. I didn't know this was a single person comparing cars i thought it might be open to the public, maybe you would like to do the comparison simce you would probably be better qualified for this than me.

200MphFord
Great wordplay in that comment. You could've been like most everyone else around here and flamed me for hijacking your thread but you were polite in your approach. I didn't know this was a single person comparing cars i thought it might be open to the public, maybe you would like to do the comparison simce you would probably be better qualified for this than me.

His reviews would blow away most if not everything out of road and track these days.. they shouuld hire him.. his reads are pretty entertaining.. keep up the good work Prologue

Your review of the MP4 was spot on by the way.. i couldnt get my first one to behave properly at all and wound up selling it, once i got a little more steady cash floow and a much bigger garage, i bought a second one and practiced with it, im alright with the car now but still, i actually give credit to the veyron for fixing my driving style, the car's extreme power taught me to be judicious with the throttle in the middle of corners, trying the same trick on all the rear drivers that id been constantly drifting out of corners fixed up my line with them as well and made me a quicker driver. I mention the veyron because i bought the second mclaren after i used the bug and found it markedly easier to drive

Nice thread, great reviews. If anything i'll say that the ones with pictures look better than a huge wall of text. I like to compare cars in different tracks, its good to see someone taking a more serious approach to it 👍

Well if you wanted to do one yourself I'd surely let you but if you do create them I'd just like to check over them to make them good to go. I don't own a Zonda C12S 7.3 and was never fond of the SV. Besides, I have to do some lower powered vehicle by the time COTY comes around.

Thanks for the comments, guys. 👍

For tomorrow: Review of the Alpine A310 1600VE.

Nothing was for today as I simply didn't feel like it, along with me not having any damn paper.

"Two-Litre Two-Seater Tun-ner"
Review: 2004 Amuse S2000 Street Version

Prologue
I'm a fan of Honda's. If you didn't realize that already...I wouldn't even know what to say I'd be so dumbfounded. Not on my regular account today, I couldn't get the A310 ready. No problem, because I improvise. How so? With a nice S2000. But I don't take any plain old S2000, I take an Amuse version- the one built for the street.

So my dark blue beauty steps into my garage. Would I even like driving it? Probably, I mean I find fun in an old 1988 Accord. Or an N360, for that matter. But can I love an off-beat Honda? Let's see.

Stats
2.0L Inline-4
263hp @ 8,000rpm
176lb.-ft. @ 6,500rpm
4154mm x 1750 x 1295
1190kg
447PP

Finding a track to take a car is easy. Go in, grab a car, track, go, drive, done. Maybe that's what you do, but not me. So what track could maybe enlighten me about the Amuse's abilities and amuse me in the process? I chose Tsukuba. Small, fun, curvaceous- like an S2000. Problem is, nothing went according to plan. In a good way, however.

Grab the car, and fly into the first turn. The car drifts- drifting is fun- in a uniform fashion before skidding and sliding too far. Problem? Nope. This car just doesn't want to hotlap, it wants to have some fun. After 5 or so laps, I hadn't cared about lap times, I was just tossing into corners, sliding around, spinning in circles, and doing senseless idiot moves because I could. Is that what I should be doing? Probably not.

But the silly doesn't end there, no I headed to Daytona for no reason. Just wanted to drive the car into a wall and go flying. Is there anything wrong with a dream to fly? Actually, yes. So? This car is just fun. I couldn't pull any seriousness from a drive. I wasn't even bothered to slip it into Manual because, well, I was having too much fun.

So what can I tell you about the Amuse Street S2000? I don't really know. It's fun...drifts pretty cool. Looks okay. Um...yeah that's about it. I drove the car, ran into walls, did stupid things for a reason I can't remember. The car's so childish that I can't even finish this properly. Thee's just a little kid inside this car that wants to go on and on. It's fun, it's a little demon of an awesome little car and it's not really awesome because I don't even know how fast it is at all. Maybe I should stop...maybe I should retest on some softer tyres...

Maybe I should just shut up....

GT_Prologue5
"Two-Litre Two-Seater Tun-ner"
Review: 2004 Amuse S2000 Street Version

http://img163.imageshack.us/i/tsukubacircuito.jpg/

Prologue
I'm a fan of Honda's. If you didn't realize that already...I wouldn't even know what to say I'd be so dumbfounded. Not on my regular account today, I couldn't get the A310 ready. No problem, because I improvise. How so? With a nice S2000. But I don't take any plain old S2000, I take an Amuse version- the one built for the street.

So my dark blue beauty steps into my garage. Would I even like driving it? Probably, I mean I find fun in an old 1988 Accord. Or an N360, for that matter. But can I love an off-beat Honda? Let's see.

Stats
2.0L Inline-4
263hp @ 8,000rpm
176lb.-ft. @ 6,500rpm
4154mm x 1750 x 1295
1190kg
447PP

Finding a track to take a car is easy. Go in, grab a car, track, go, drive, done. Maybe that's what you do, but not me. So what track could maybe enlighten me about the Amuse's abilities and amuse me in the process? I chose Tsukuba. Small, fun, curvaceous- like an S2000. Problem is, nothing went according to plan. In a good way, however.

Grab the car, and fly into the first turn. The car drifts- drifting is fun- in a uniform fashion before skidding and sliding too far. Problem? Nope. This car just doesn't want to hotlap, it wants to have some fun. After 5 or so laps, I hadn't cared about lap times, I was just tossing into corners, sliding around, spinning in circles, and doing senseless idiot moves because I could. Is that what I should be doing? Probably not.

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/superspeedwaydaytona.jpg/

But the silly doesn't end there, no I headed to Daytona for no reason. Just wanted to drive the car into a wall and go flying. Is there anything wrong with a dream to fly? Actually, yes. So? This car is just fun. I couldn't pull any seriousness from a drive. I wasn't even bothered to slip it into Manual because, well, I was having too much fun.

So what can I tell you about the Amuse Street S2000? I don't really know. It's fun...drifts pretty cool. Looks okay. Um...yeah that's about it. I drove the car, ran into walls, did stupid things for a reason I can't remember. The car's so childish that I can't even finish this properly. Thee's just a little kid inside this car that wants to go on and on. It's fun, it's a little demon of an awesome little car and it's not really awesome because I don't even know how fast it is at all. Maybe I should stop...maybe I should retest on some softer tyres...

Maybe I should just shut up....

Interesting, almost poetic...
It's funny and I love a good laugh. I love your work, I check almost every update.

Last edited:
Attention to readers over the next few days: I may not have anything up for the time being because I promptly deleted my game save. Rest assured, I'll get back to this as soon as I can.

"Ready To Rave"
Isuzu 4200R Concept vs. Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept

"6 movable pieces? Really, I counted 4."

Prologue
With all due respect to anyone who didn't go to a rave during the 1980's, my generation (what you think as the whiny, discontented teenagers) believes the stigma that you all partied in warehouses with strobe lights and snorted more cocaine than Charlie Sheen. We can't help it, sorry.

But my job isn't to remind you about that "mistake" back in '88, no, my job is to test cars. It's a bit nicer and you don't have to start thinking about how much your nose bled during those years. So the qualifiers as 2 outrageous, over-the-top cars are the HSR-II and the 4200R. An Isuzu? Yep. Each marks the last few years of the 80's excess before west-coast crime spawned what we know as "rap". And have I driven a car with 6 moving aero pieces? No. Or how about one with a fax machine? Well, well, that's a no again.

Each car piles different methods of being extreme. Isuzu tacks on a Lotus-tuned V8 in the rear, powering the back wheels, while the Mitsu, a technological tour de force I might add, employs the Galant method with
all wheels driven and powered with a rear-mounted engine. Can one of these cars survive without having a heart attack? Uh...just keep reading.

Stats
1989 Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept
3.0L Twin-Turbo V6
334hp @ 7000rpm
315lb.-ft @ 2500rpm
1200kg
485PP
4WD

1989 Isuzu 4200R Concept
4.2L V8
290hp @ 6000rpm
307lb.-ft. @ 4000rpm
1500kg
454PP
MR

Step 1.- Time Trial
Track- Indianapolis Road Course

4200R- 1'49.502
HSR-II- 1'48.172

Win- Mitsu. Faster, well duh. Each car notably has one thing non-excessive: the gearbox. A 5-speed for the Isuzu and a lowly 4-speed for the Mitsu. Neither felt overworked, but closer spacing and an extra gear or 2 would make a big difference out here on a high speed circuit. Also had fun playing with the Mitsu's movable pieces.

Step 2.- 0-60 Trial
Track(s)- Indianapolis Road Course & Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane

4200R- 5.3sec
HSR-II- 4.3sec

Win- Grab another, Mitsubishi. I messed up my track selection, causing the HSR to run at Indy and not Monza, so there's that bit of detail. The HSR-II trounces the opponent by 1 whole second, meaning it's got a supreme edge with being lighter, more powerful, and having an AWD system.

"Guess the track. It wasn't one we tested. Please don't look at the URL!"

Step 3.- Driving
Track: Cote d'Azur

4200R- The Isuzu qualifies as a sport car. I know, those words in the same sentence? Is that even possible? Well, yes. Handling is good on the tight course, but jabbing the accelerator to the floor causes the rear to gyrate around and leave you in the opposite direction. Speaking of acceleration, this V8 is sad compared to most I've had. It feels unresponsive and wheezing, with a deep burble at almost all rpm. It shifts rather well but nothing exceptional. It is an exceptional job for an Isuzu, however. Just pile on more excess and it'll be a job completed.

HSR-II- Loaf around and you'll find endearing qualities in the craziest of machines. What looks like a spaceship is just a nice handling car with a throaty engine and crisp driving. The 4-speed is nothing special, and left me hunting through 1st and 2nd gear. Braking is also far superior.

So which car takes home the Rave Award Comparo? I have to give it to the freaky HSR-II. Far faster and more fun, with a crazy design and those mesmerizing rear spoilers going up and down. It might not be as frenetic as a Ferrari or thrustful as a 911 Turbo, but this is the car that drives like it's on ecstasy.

(Which I hope none of you have tried)

"Whip out the glowsticks!"

Last edited:
That was quite an ejoyable read, thanks mate. ;)

Loved your commentary in the Prologue, made me laugh a lot. :lol:

Well I enjoyed writing it. Figured out I left the pictures in thumbnails. :ouch:

Tomorrow will have a very interesting read, so watch this space.

"Full Course Caution"
Review: 2006 Audi R10 TDi Race Car

Prologue
For anyone looking for information, this is probably extremely pointless. I mean if you have a Peugeot 908 and a Mazda 787B, it's probably easy to infer you have an R10. But do you care? I constantly see people with 1,000+ car garages touting "look at all my cars I'm awesome." But I have maybe 50 or so cars, and while I don't drive them all, I appreciate the garage I've made. A lot of these other people don't even drive anymore. They operate an X2010 all hours of the day. They don't drive and enjoy it like I do. And this is more than a review, it's a lesson. I hope you understand.

Specs
5.5L Twin-Turbodiesel V12
661hp @ 6000rpm
826lb.-ft. @ 3500rpm
925kg
675PP
MR

It's 1:45 A.M. on a Sunday evening. Tomorrow's my last day of break so I should probably get to sleep. Nope. I've just bought the only Premium LMP car I haven't driven. So naturally, my first thought is to head directly to Le Mans. So the Audi team creaks up to the track and pulls out my R10. Hit the start line. Rev it...steady...takeoff. Blasting down the Mulsanne the car is awesome. It's fast, responsive, and easy. But that's obvious. It's built for that. But prowling up and down the track, day turns to night, and the beginning of a great drive. The night sweeps in and creates a light show through the interior, colors dancing up and down the wheel and body. Stop the car in the dark. The readout displays just the speedometer and the big white tach display with additional info. And then, with my enjoyment of night driving, it starts to rain. Magnificent. If this is how it feels to forget and just drive, there can be no equal.

I understand you people enjoy your cars, it's an effort to get that much money to buy all the cars. But throw yourself in caution mode, stop racing, and pick a car and drive. It's a wonderful thing to do. And with a car like an R10, a pure Le Mans winner, everything falls into place.

"Rally Art"
Review: 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P.

Prologue
It's sad, it really is. The long-great rally killer since 1992, the storied Lancer is going away from the Mitsubishi lineup, along with the once-great Eclipse. But today (or yesterday for that matter) is the day of the Evo 10, possibly the last true Evo, either replaced by a super-Colt for WRC or a diesel-hybrid XI. Throw the rumors aside, as I give the greatest Evo its one last go, and the best one I've driven yet.

Back in the days of Gran Turismo 5:Prologue, I did a comparo of the X vs. an STi, along with a Brera and a TT. The Evo did not defeat its compatriot, although I can't remember where it finished. Now we all know Ralliart is Mitsubishi's tuner-type group, and to impress me, they've given me a better model. A new 6-speed TC-SST, front splitter, carbon fibre hood, and a driver adjusted Torque Split. Tyres were Racing Hards, meaning translation for faster lap times. Also, a more solid Lancer red color was added, and a set of light gold Prodrives thrown in the package.

So could this be the super-Evo true enought to its roots to still be the best stock Evo I've driven? Well I'll answer that now, and yes, it is. But how, well that's the better question.

Stats
2.0L Turbocharged Inline-4
332hp @ 6300rpm
329lb.-ft. @3500rpm
4WD
1,535kg
466 Performance Points

Review
The guys at Ralliart shipped our car to America's best road course, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, for a fast session in my improved X. Going over the car before our run, I'm pointed out by a piece of tech no other car from another manufacturer allows adjusting, and that's the signature AYC controller for more oversteer or understeer, considering how you want it. I drove mine in the lowest and a middle setting. We'll get on it later.

First fantastic thing is that this car has a magnificent transmission. And I don't mean by the fastest or smoothest; no it's super easy. Riding in cockpit view, the tachometer is right in the area where you can see it with eyes on the road, giving you a realistically fun way to shift. And since it's a 6-speed dual-clutch, it's got more than most regular sports cars in that department. Steering in the car is fast, and the accelerator functions fastly, rocketing the 4-door down the track and into the Corkscrew. If I've thought about this, the old Spec C Impreza is the only Impreza that my top our glorified Evo.

But no car comes without faults, and this car's biggest fault is the AYC controller. How, when it's supposed to be so great? Because when it's low, it doesn't give much fun oversteer. In a middle setting, such as 70, the wheel quivers back and forth on straightaways. It's very annoying, and even if you adjust the Torque Split in the menus, it won't show any change in the RA menus. Another thing- it can't be turned off. So you're stuck wondering how much more grippy this car could be at 50/50, I mean Racing Softs are across the shop but that's $36,000 that I'm not up for paying for.

Best Evo ever? Kind of, it's surely the fastest and most refined. The annoying AYC and maybe the steering in some cases, can be the only bad things about the car. But could an evenly-matched STi take it down? Maybe. And I don't know how this car does work in rallying, despite buying the dirt tyres, I didn't go in that direction.

Why didn't I?

Let's just say the next comparison coming, is taking up enough time as it is. 7 cars, 7 tracks, and a head-to-head time trial match-up that determines the best racer of its class.

And 2 returning cars, ready to rewrite its past comparison. Bring it on.

"Slo-Karts"
2002 Autobacs Garaiya vs. 2001 Lotus Elise Type 72 vs. 2000 Tommykaira ZZ-S vs. PDI Racing Kart 100

Prologue
Several cars I know promise to handle like go-karts. I'll tell you straight up, that's bull, because my Caterham doesn't feel like a go kart. Instead it just feels like a super awesome 4 wheeled motorcycle. But that car isn't here. Instead, Japan and Britain (our first Brit) come to drive up and pull off a normal comparison.

Normal isn't my strong suit. Because I've thrown the go-kart in here to challenge them. Sometimes the go-kart excites me with such amazing abilities that it's the best car. Sometimes the worst. Well. Among it are the early 2000's lightweightys, but with the hand of tuning, made as light as possible. The famous Elise comes as the cool looking Type 72, Tommykaira and the puny ZZ-S, and the race-bred Garaiya step up to the plate to deliver a lightweight heavyweight punch.

Stats
Autobacs Garaiya
2.0L I4
201hp @ 7,000rpm
154lb.-ft. @5,000rpm
725kg
3.55kg/hp
475PP

Lotus Elise Type 72
1.8L I4
122hp @ 5,500rpm
126lb.-ft. @ 3,500rpm
685kg
5.50kg/hp
430PP

Tommykaira ZZ-S
2.0L I4
195hp @ 7,500rpm
148lb.-ft. @ 6,000rpm
624kg
3.14kg/hp
497PP

PDI Racing Kart 100
0.1L I2
33hp @ 12,000rpm
17lb.-ft. @9,500rpm
85kg
2.47kg/hp
512PP

Here's the order they finished.

4th Place

Before you flame me for ranking the great Elise as a last place car in its forte arena, light weight, let me get to reviewing it. The Starlight Black Type 72 pulls away from its exit point as any regular car would. The car has 5 gears, which seemed to be normal for this group. Powered by a 1.8L instead of the 2-Litres the other 2 have, it has a lack of power that is just annoying. The car pulls away from hairpins as if attached to a rubber-band shooter, but keep going down the straight and it becomes boring. The car has a big oversteer factor entering the turns, but something about this car just makes it sad. It really tried, but it has nothing to match against its compatriots. A 111R would've done better.

3rd Place

My black Kart (they all look sweet in black) was the racer I've known all along. But unfortunately, problems ensued that I just despised. But for the good, it has the best ability of cornering, period. Nothing beats it. Ever. Sure, the limits are kinda low, but it's a carving killer. But we have good and bad tests, and at Cape Ring South, I couldn't bear to drive this. The curbs and the bumps just tossed all 85kg of the Kart like a dishrag. I'll go into it no more, but it at least musters the bronze medal.

2nd Place

I drove the ZZ-S before th Garaiya, and I was sure nothing could beat it. This car is better than a Caterham. Honest. The super-small size and the Sports Soft amount for super handling, and with an engine to match the Garaiya's, it was racy and beautiful to plow up with. Small niggles such as the silly but cute styling and the loud horn are pretty non-existent, as I base off of pure performance and not pedigree or design. Tommykaira could've won. One of the few winning TK's. But it was stopped by the champion, the Autobac.

1st Place

I have to say this is a bit unfair. I didn't record lap times as I just drove on tracks I wanted. While the Kart got Cape Ring, and the other 2 got variations of Madrid, the Garaiya pushed my want for the Nordschleife. And boy is that probably why it won. But this car possesses cat-like reflexes that even Jaguar envies. The 200-horse engine is strong and revy, and the 6 gears (hoorah!) mean it has the best transmission of the group. The prowess of driving this machine is amazing. It rivals not rigid but fast Caterhams, or high-level Elise's, but instead challenges as the best MR tourer. It's so smooth, quick, and advanced, I just couldn't say no.

"Real Tuning"
Review: RKM Motorsport Honda NSX-R 3rd Anniversary

Prologue
I've classified three levels of tuning, all part of different classes. Number 1 is the parts method. That means you throw on every awesome part and deal with the annoyances, because you're too lazy to spend quality time working on a car. Number 2 is the race method. This has parts of Method 1, but totally refined for speed and nothing more. It can be more annoying than the parts method. Number three is the best, and that's the driver's method. A tune fully cooperative with the driver's senses in mind, not flying at 200 while jouncing down the road.

RKM Motorsports' VTiRoj has his first GT5 tune as this updated NSX-R, and while it was a while back, I can't resist because I love the NSX. Stuffed with good parts, and reaching 400hp was a good starting point, and then the refinement of the 3.2L V6 mill, the suspension, etc., etc. And while I have other things that I could've put up- 2 comparisons- I was just compelled to give back to the tuners, who spend their time making wonderful machines.

This one's for Rotary and Roj.

Stats
3.2L V6
400hp @ 7700rpm
296lb.-ft. @ 6200rpm
1051kg
2.58kg/hp
539PP

Pre-Tune
When compared to the stock NSX Type R, I have some bad qualities. With all the parts stocked in (but no adjustments made), I loathed the sound. It's a good, high-revving sound, but the distinct V6 growl that's emitted by the stock NSX is my favorite production engine sound behind the LFA. The car is more frenetic, with a bomb-like nature to attack corners as if it were fighting in the Pacific War. The close-ratio gears are a marvel to row through, securely keeping the euphoric powertrain alive. And who doesn't have a lead boot for a foot around here? I for one do, and trying to exit Hammerhead means that thing's breakin' sideways and throwing you in a tizzy (and throwing your lunch up into that full-face helmet). Overall, it's a fine car, with some crazy sprinkles to flavor it some more.

Post-Tune
Fiddling with this and increasing that means the car stays true to its Honda roots, but with a whole new nature. The wider spacing makes the engine go into lower revs, giving the throaty note that I could listen to for days on end. The cars' freneticism is only available once you kiss max revs; and it's still a hell of a religious experience to do so. The car can feel a bit unstable, and that's probably because this car wasn't made for me. It's Roj's. And another trait is that once you try to flat-foot out of any corner where I was (TopGear), you won't have a popsicle's chance in hell to save it. The heavier rear is taking over-just sit back and watch the smoke. Overall, there's not a huge factor that makes the tuner car a whole lot better than an un-tuned model, but it's still a fantastic car, that gets a little more buttoning down, and a lot more fun.

Here's the original Tune

"Back with Euro-flair"
1998 Ford Taurus SHO vs. 2003 Opel Vectra 3.2 V6

Prologue
Okay so I haven't done this for quite some time but the moment and urge just landed down when I suited up in the Taurus SHO. I mean after you drive it you have to ask who it targeted, well I suppose it was the midsize sedan class, and the only midsize sedan in the UCD was part of Ford's rival GM, the Opel Vectra. Surely the 2 never squared off because well, the Opel is German. Duh. But at least it makes sense in my world, and surely enough the Mazda6's and Jetta's and Accords were banished for this as I wanted just a one-on-one, winner-takes-all fight. And only the big American will say, "bring it on."

Specifications

Ford Taurus SHO
3.4L V8
239hp @ 6,000rpm
234lb.-ft. @ 5,000rpm
1509kg
409PP

Opel Vectra 3.2 V6
3.2L V6
218hp @ 6,000rpm
232lb.-ft. @ 4,000rpm
1510kg
401PP

The Drive
-Driven on personal course, Taurus recorded a 3'44.151; Vectra a 3'46.463

Die ruhig Deutsche
The Opel Vectra comes off as that stereotype of a family car, quiet, not brash, just a pretty unoffensive car that you just drive. It has a lack of driver involvement and seems like a magic carpet ride on the track. The engine is a bit peakier and grainier sounding, as it gently wafts the tires through the course. There's some fun to be had when you hit the back straight, then tackle the high-speed chicane before flying into an uphill blind right-hander, as it really redefines the word "barreling". It turns very nicely and comes off as something refined, something quiet, like a Buick LaCrosse, in the idea of it being big, quiet, and just a nice car.

Another American Car​
The big and bold SHO might lap faster on the track than GM's Vectra, but by no means is that the key to success. One pathway it takes is just a great sound; the engine has such a nice V8 grrrowl and gently burps when you let go of the throttle. Alas, there's some fancy footwork in this car as the left foot will go mad driving this. My course is narrow and filled with meanders, so constant correction, turn after turn, is needed to haul ass in this thing. And it's a V8, but 240 front-drive ponies still is nothing to scream for. And it just lacks power, lacks polish, lacks good brakes, and I wish it lacked some weight as it's Americanly front heavy.

There's our victor, the Vectra for being a better sports driver. For a 1500kg-sedan, that is...

Last edited:
Hi gt_p5:
First off sorry for posting this reply here, I could not PM you. Also I want to congratulate you for you nice work by keeping those heartful reviews always enjoyable to read.
Second I would like to ask you if you don't mind that I start my on thread about cars' s review, but aiming the low powered ones, normal cars with no intention to be racercars. I took a search on gtp in, so far, could not find any resemblance of it, despite yours.
Thank you very much again;
Cheers.

"Battle of Le Mans"
Comparison: Audi R10 TDi vs. Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total

Prologue
Circuit de la Sarthe is my favorite track. From the history of the circuit, to all the incredible vehicles to grace it with 4 wheels, it truly brings out the Loire region. Joining to fight today are the examples of automotive hierarchy, the PSA Group and the Volkswagen Group, which shine over privateers with amazing engineering and work. The R10 won in 2006; the 908 in '09, so they've proven their worth on the stage of the 24 Heures du Mans.

Surely, we could all hope for a LMP category with all the LMP's from Group C and LMP1, but that'll wait until the collection is finished. For now, prepare for the head-to-head match-up of the best LMP cars this century. I'd also like to say that doing this can really improve photo skills. I've really started doing "action shots" which are better than what was in the last comparo.

Specs

Audi R10 TDi
661hp @ 6400rpm
826b.-ft. @ 3500rpm
925kg
675PP

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total
713hp @ 6000rpm
902lb.-ft. @ 3500rpm
930kg
699PP

Evaluation
Suiting up for the LMP drives and heading out to Sarthe, I had to pick the less fun version with no day/night changes because I could not get it in dry conditions and I hate rain. So I raced the normal version, which I'm kind of sick of because of the Ferrari Seasonal. (that's how I got the 908) The TDi went first, and I quickly learned that Racing Soft tires would be better because they're the highest available performance-wise. My PS Eye kept falling off my TV so head tracking wasn't used, but the R10 feels absolutely odd inside. There's so much upper visibility, but the fenders make it feel claustrophobic. It's no better for the 908, with lower visibility because of the massive A-pillars. Anyways, the R10 drove like the champ it was, fast and smooth and a bit unstable, and is a good racing machine.

But then came the 908 which blew the R10 off the track! it's a blistering combination of raw speed and insane handling, and MY GOD THE SOUND. While it doesn't have the high pitch melodious sounds of the rotary 787B, flying down the Mulsanne at top speed creates so much wonderful noise, and it's so loud it makes its presence felt. And while I've just blown the answer to the winner clear out of the water, let me tell you another key thing that I always look for: transmissions. The 908 has a 6 speed, and the R10 has a 5 speed. The R10 doesn't put its power down as well, and yes I know it has less power but it never feels fast. It is a fast car, but you'll only tell by the speedometer.

There you have it. The R10 wins races, but the 908'll kick some ass on the way to the finish.

Back