Slow loading

• Thread starter Cogency
  • 33 comments
Hey guys,
It feels like my GT5 is loading things slower. When I start the game its definitely slower but also in the menu's and when I scroll through my cars. It just takes way longer to load now. Sometimes it even freezes a little when I scroll through the cars.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a solution?

Noticed my loading times are much longer since patch 1.10, they where already the slowest loading times I've ever come across, bad times! :-(

I'm sure someone can tell me why this is but my main account takes ages to load the actual game, but my other account is far quicker. My main account stays loading on the "on-line terms" info page (can not click past). But my other account doesn't even go this page at all I don't think it just loads the game to home screen really quickly.

What takes longer for me is taking pictures! The moment from the shoot till you can save it, is quite some time longer since the update...

hmm, i pretty much dont know the difference between the previous patches as I went straight to 1.10. Seems fine with me

Can someone confirm this is purely from having lots of racing gear/helms?
Or are people with not too many clothes also having this problem?

Are there things I can do/settings I can change to speed the loading up? (besides buying an SSD)
The browsing through the car list and trying to go into the settings menu is just annoying the living **** out of me atm. It never was really fast but now its just awful.

Try disconnecting from the internet, the PSN is still a bit slow and that directly impacts loading times for GT5.

I'm not sure if you guys remember the problems folks had at release. Just navigating menus and playing A spec games were freezing and moving very slow, they suggested to dissable the internet connection. For some odd reason most loading screens include little internet updates/communications which slow things down especially when the network is already having problems.

I notice many things are the same and some processes are faster like buying parts, but online is still a bit messed up.

I know there is already a thread regarding loading problems, but the system will not let me post in that thread, hence this one. It takes 2 minutes to load from the online terms page, and has done for a very long time. I don't know if this is down to having 960 cars in the garage?. i can disconnect from online, and the problem is still the same. Have deleted the cache. The only other option is a reinstallation of the game. I'm worried however if i do that i may lose my custom tracks..etc..

The only other option is a reinstallation of the game. I'm worried however if i do that i may lose my custom tracks..etc..

Yeah I can confirm that you will lose your custom tracks. You could have a friend save your tracks one by one, then download them afterwards. You wont be able to edit the tracks once you get them back though.

Yeah I can confirm that you will lose your custom tracks. You could have a friend save your tracks one by one, then download them afterwards. You wont be able to edit the tracks once you get them back though.

Thanks, i think if i knew it would definately make the game load faster, i would do just that.

Last edited:
Jay
Probably because it has to save all those helmets and suits that were added.

Yes, i bet. :dopey:👍

Just check the size your gamesave. If you regulary backup it, you know how big it was before.

Mine was around 3300kb & increased after the update to 5600kb. Nearly the double size as before!

Game startup takes now ages, ingame saves aswell. :ouch:

Can someone confirm this is purely from having lots of racing gear/helms?
Or are people with not too many clothes also having this problem?

Quick enough for me. Someone said photo-taking load times take a long time, and it's the same for me. If anything, some things BARELY load
slower than before 1.10.

I also think loading got slower after patch 1.10.
But then I updated the system software to 3.65 and loading in GT5 got a lot faster.

I think it's a shame you can't delete the museum pictures, and disable the login bonuses to reduce the size of the gamesave. I haven't upgraded my PS3 to 3.65 yet, perhaps it will help, but the issue of slow loading started after the first or second update months ago. I think it's odd that some have the problem and others don't.

Ok, updated to 3.65 and it still takes 2 minutes dead fron the online terms and conditions to the next menu. My gamesave is 2840kb, so not particularly big. I'm at a loss! Not convinced that the size of the gamesave is an issue, i have another account where i have just 2 cars, as opposed to 960 and it still takes 2 minutes. I'm using an original ps3 with a 320gb hard drive.

Latest Posts

Back