Photo Finish Racing - 2.10 How-To Updates/Amendments

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 550 comments
I'll look tomorrow, didn't see it today but knew I was half blind anyways.:dopey:
I just bought the Denso Dunlop Sard, so that tune is on it's way for GVS, can't tell if they're different or not yet, but I assume they are.

Identical opinions. :D
I you have any low mileage that'd be super, but as for a regular CSL from the USD I have one now, but appreciate the offer either way.👍

Great cars, all of them. I'm on tonight, so I'll have a root around the garage and see what mileage I've got on my untouched Beemers. Are you interested in the '05 M5 or the 330i..?? Much like the 3 Series, I prefer the older M5, wouldn't mind seeing a good setup for one *cough, non-too-subtle hint, cough* I'll also throw your setup on my current CSL and lap Laguna Beast a few times and let you know how I do. If I get within a couple of seconds of your times, I'll know I've done alright :mischievous:

{Cy}

Great cars, all of them. I'm on tonight, so I'll have a root around the garage and see what mileage I've got on my untouched Beemers. Are you interested in the '05 M5 or the 330i..?? Much like the 3 Series, I prefer the older M5, wouldn't mind seeing a good setup for one *cough, non-too-subtle hint, cough* I'll also throw your setup on my current CSL and lap Laguna Beast a few times and let you know how I do. If I get within a couple of seconds of your times, I'll know I've done alright :mischievous:

{Cy}
Well I don't have an '05 M5 yet, but if you send me one I'll be more than happy to tune it, just tell me how you want it equipped and I'll make an online and offline tune for it. (something I aim to do for other cars also)
Same goes for the 330i. :cheers:

Well I don't have an '05 M5 yet, but if you send me one I'll be more than happy to tune it, just tell me how you want it equipped and I'll make an online and offline tune for it. (something I aim to do for other cars also)
Same goes for the 330i. :cheers:

Sold, I'll start firing cars your way tonight... 👍👍

Ta,
{Cy}

BMW M5 '05
bmwm5.jpg

Tuned Online
Fully loaded - Power limiter @ 99.1%

701HP - 1396KG - 600PP - RS Tires

Aero: - 0/20
Suspension:
Gears:
-20 / -20​
9.1 / 10.5​
Top Speed 193
5/6​
5/6​
4/5​
Camber/Toe:
2.2 / 1.4​
0.00 / 0.10​
Brakes:
6/4​
Final: 3200
ABS:1
LSD:

8 / 20 / 10

Notes: First tune for online play, tested at several tracks, not recommended for offline play.

Last edited:
Lexus DENSO Dunlop Sard SC430 '08
39lexussc43001.jpg

Tuned @ Grand Valley Speedway
Engine Stage 3

572HP - 1100KG - RH Tires

Aero: - 40/65
Suspension:
Gears:
13 / -30​
14.8 / 12.4​
Top Speed 149
8/6​
8/6​
6/5​
Camber/Toe:
2.8 / 1.1​
-0.20 / 0.00​
Brakes:
Final: 2.855
10/5​
LSD:
ABS:1​
5 / 10 / 9

Notes: It took a LOT of tuning to make her rotate properly without killing me.

WOW , the M5 drives fantastic 👍👍

The M5 in action.My 2nd lap on my NOT so favourite track.

raVer
Glad to hear you like it, Suzuka was one of the tracks I tested with, beautiful how you can stomp the gas in 3rd out of pretty much every corner IMO.
Does that count as a "rave" review? :D I had to. :lol:

Was the tune set with the a wheel or sticks?

All of them wheel, with the exception on the M3 CSL, which I used both for to make sure it can be driven with both.

Bonjour madame.
Since almost 2 years driving with G27, it's now impossible for me to go back to DS3 after 10 years driving with it. I have not tried and i really don't want to ,it'll be catastrophic. What are the differences ? The wheel let you feel every little change and mvt that you're able to correct after you identify them. Why a tune made with a wheel will ot be 100% good for DS3 ?
For the pedals and the better control of brake and throttle ok . I think to DS3 users when i tune a car in relation of this 2 points. But i can't imagine what could be so different talking about pure driving and balance settings, that could be good for a wheel and not for DS3...
Can you explain me this madame ?
Have a good week end.

BMW M5 05.
I have seen your comments and avatar around so i thought i would give one of your tunes a try. Seeing that i just hit the lottery what better family car to buy than the BMW M5. This car has some serious power. I was not able to get 701 HP. ??
(break in) The car is rock solid. Has a good enter balance, better middle balance and i like the bite on the exit. The front pushed just a little for my style. I ran Deep Forest with your tune and the best was 1:11.501.
Anyone reading this should always understand the tuner's style of driving and yours will be different, so do not be afraid to tweak the settings. The idea is to find a tuner who's style is close to your style and go from there. Can't tell you how many different tuners i have tried and some of them, well, i just shake my head and wonder how do they drive and be able to keep their cars on the road.
I did fine tuning to adjust to my style (very small changes) and was able to see my time drop to a best of 1:10.426. Ran steady times in the 1:10:6xx - 8xx.
Here is the shocker, at least for me, I forgot to install the wing. Glad to see your tune worked great without a wing. No need for me to install the wing , would rather a little lower pp and the same HP. Look forward to trying more of your tunes. Keep up the great work.

Hi! I wanna make a tune requests for the BMW M5`08 :)
Online, 600pp, Racing Soft, DS3 on The Ring.
Peace Out!
Can do. 👍

Bonjour madame.
Since almost 2 years driving with G27, it's now impossible for me to go back to DS3 after 10 years driving with it. I have not tried and i really don't want to ,it'll be catastrophic. What are the differences ? The wheel let you feel every little change and mvt that you're able to correct after you identify them. Why a tune made with a wheel will ot be 100% good for DS3 ?
For the pedals and the better control of brake and throttle ok . I think to DS3 users when i tune a car in relation of this 2 points. But i can't imagine what could be so different talking about pure driving and balance settings, that could be good for a wheel and not for DS3...
Can you explain me this madame ?
Have a good week end.
I've found a decent amount, with partial throttle braking and steering so much easier with a wheel, different braking and corner exit setups can help.
For example, when I drove Desperado's Pikes Peak tune, the rear never stayed planted entering corners, because I wasn't braking 100%, with 100% brake power, the front tires lock and the rear stays in line, but with 50-80% brake power, the front doesn't lock, and the rear does, which caused snap-oversteer entering turns.
Of course, some cars, (like the CSL) required little to no changes to be used effectively with a DS3, I think it's a car-to-car thing. (plus I'm rusty with the DS3, so I get extra clumsy movements from it:D)

BMW M5 05.
I have seen your comments and avatar around so i thought i would give one of your tunes a try. Seeing that i just hit the lottery what better family car to buy than the BMW M5. This car has some serious power. I was not able to get 701 HP. ??
(break in) The car is rock solid. Has a good enter balance, better middle balance and i like the bite on the exit. The front pushed just a little for my style. I ran Deep Forest with your tune and the best was 1:11.501.
Anyone reading this should always understand the tuner's style of driving and yours will be different, so do not be afraid to tweak the settings. The idea is to find a tuner who's style is close to your style and go from there. Can't tell you how many different tuners i have tried and some of them, well, i just shake my head and wonder how do they drive and be able to keep their cars on the road.
I did fine tuning to adjust to my style (very small changes) and was able to see my time drop to a best of 1:10.426. Ran steady times in the 1:10:6xx - 8xx.
Here is the shocker, at least for me, I forgot to install the wing. Glad to see your tune worked great without a wing. No need for me to install the wing , would rather a little lower pp and the same HP. Look forward to trying more of your tunes. Keep up the great work.
Thanks, glad you like it. I try to stay a little on the safe side, as I'm still unsure of all the track differences online, better safe then spinning. :D

BMW M5 '08
bmwm5s.jpg

Tuned Online @ Nurburgring Nordschliefe.
Fully loaded - Specs taken at 0 miles with oil change.

689HP - 1394KG - 589PP - RS Tires

Aero: - 0/10
Suspension:
Gears:
-25 / -20​
10.5 / 11.5​
Top Speed 155
6/7​
6/7​
3/3​
Camber/Toe:
2.0 / 1.2​
0.00 / +0.25​
Brakes:
5/6​
Final: 2700
ABS:1
LSD:

8 / 17 / 5

Notes: Online tune for Nurburgring - First tune for for DS3, be wary of the carousel, any more under-steer would make the rest of the track performance worse. Inside tire lights up sometimes, but you almost have to try to spin this car, fantastic exits.

Also works for wheel, though I recommend BB 6/6 for the wheel.
Very similar to '05 model, not sure if there are any differences or not.

Lexus PETRONAS/Denso Sard SC430 '08 - Stable
95356980.jpg

Tuned Online

504HP - 1100KG - 605PP - RH Tires

Aero:
Suspension:
40 / 65
+13 / +8​
Gears:
14.8 / 14.8​
7 / 6​
Top Speed 149
6 / 7​
5 / 5​
Camber/Toe:
2.0 / 1.0​
0.00 / +0.05​
Brakes:
BB: 3/4​
Final: 2.800
ABS:1​
LSD:

7/11/5

Notes: Shift just before rev limiter, this car needs all the rpm's it can get.

Last edited:
Dodge Viper ACR '08
viperacr08.jpg

Drag Tune

1031HP - 1257KG - RS Tires

Aero:
Suspension:
10 / 30
+40 / -10​
Gears:
15.0 / 5.5​
Set final drive to 3.900
10/1​
Top Speed 137
10/1​
7/1​
Camber/Toe:
0.0 / 0.0​
0.00 / 1.00​
Brakes:
BB: 0/0​
Set Final: 2.000
ABS:10​
LSD:

60/60/60

Notes: Launch in first. This may not be the perfect setup, but it's the best start I think you'll get anywhere. Top speed should show 280mph in top right corner.

Last edited:
I'd love to see what you could do with a TVR Cerbera Speed 6, if you have the time and inclination. I can send if you haven't got one to hand. Offline to 550pp on SS. Basically, for the lightweight seasonal. It's also something that's not been tuned before here, according to Adrenaline's list.

I'd love to see what you could do with a TVR Cerbera Speed 6, if you have the time and inclination. I can send if you haven't got one to hand. Offline to 550pp on SS. Basically, for the lightweight seasonal. It's also something that's not been tuned before here, according to Adrenaline's list.
That right there means I'd love to.
If it's standard, send it, I definitely won't have it. If it's premium, then I can just buy it. Not sure which is which with those cars tbh, I assume no RM?

It's a standard. Give me a couple of hours and I'll shoot it across. 👍

It's all yours. It's got all the removable upgrades with it. I'll leave it up to you to decide which engine / weight changes are best.

Oh, sorry. Just realised I didn't rebuild engine or chassis. :banghead:

Last edited:
It's a standard. Give me a couple of hours and I'll shoot it across. 👍

It's all yours. It's got all the removable upgrades with it. I'll leave it up to you to decide which engine / weight changes are best.

Oh, sorry. Just realised I didn't rebuild engine or chassis. :banghead:
NP, I have money, it's just access to UCD cars I don't have.

Notes: This is a tune specifically aimed toward the seasonal events challenge online, if anyone might need a boost, this did very well for me.
And yes, the stock transmission works excellent with this tune, all I would do with a custom is aim for these gears.

This last race for the seasonal has eluded me for so long. With my tunes the best I could get was second, constantly! So I gave up until I remembered seeing you had a tune for it so I tried it, and on my second try I passed the lead car on the last lap coming out of the cork-screw! Thank you so very much I highly recommend to anyone who has yet to pass this race try this tune it works great! Thanks again!:D

Back