GTP_Inter_Divisional_Online _Racing (GTP_IDOR) Race Two post #232

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 371 comments
1:38/39 is sick, I don't think I can do that either. Anyway thanks for hosting and had some good races.

Your welcome any time Joost, dont let these fast boys put you off joining us anytime, good fun just taking part I find and, a great way of improving my lap time when tucked up behind a guy that can run constant smooth laps.

The guys that support these events are all gentlemen racers, all to willing to help anyone improve so they have more competition.

I never win many races but have great fun trying. :)

Phillip.

Me and Ali were driving this for a bit yesterday.

Ali's was with a controller and set a laptime of 42 low with a possible 41 high.
I was with a controller too and I did 42 high.

So I don't think the laptimes ran in WRS are possible.

I would never say not possible Wes, because someone always has the nasty habit of coming along just to prove you wrong.

I work on the assumption there is always someone faster look at Zorky, Ramon, Maddison, PB, Zocker Maz all very capable of doing the same times, thats just a few of them, yes I know TT is different to online racing and very hard to do the same times, yourself out in front with no pressure, after 2 or 3 laps, I would not put it past you to be in the 1’40 or even high 1’39

Phillip.

I would never say not possible Wes, because someone always has the nasty habit of coming along just to prove you wrong.

I work on the assumption there is always someone faster look at Zorky, Ramon, Maddison, PB, Zocker Maz all very capable of doing the same times, thats just a few of them, yes I know TT is different to online racing and very hard to do the same times, yourself out in front with no pressure, after 2 or 3 laps, I would not put it past you to be in the 1’40 or even high 1’39

Phillip.
So you think I have D4 pace and Ali has D3 pace?
I remember Ali saying he is about 5 tenths slower with a controller. He would still have D3 pace with a wheel then.

You should be able to do a 1'40. Are you?

I think the tyre physics in online mode are different to offline. I'll try without tyre wear.

Last edited:
I did some online laps Wes best was 1'41.833 some were 1'41.9's others in the 1'42.1 / .2 / .3 range So i'm sure the D1 guys will walk all over my times.

Most like yourself can be as much as a second if not more quicker per lap than myself. In the TT (wrs) I was +0'01.777 off the pace.

Testing over for today, as I'm not verywell after picking up the lawnmower to clean it on Sunday, stupid joints in so much pain, I should know better doing things like that. :grumpy:

Phillip.

@ dranddad, my mother has the same illness and she's on a diet at the moment which helps a lot, it won't cure it, but the joints on her fingers are about half the size of what they used to be. She still has some problems offcourse and can't lift lawnmowers either, but still the difference is easily noticeable. If you're interested I should be able to find a document lying here somewhere which points out what you should and shouldn't eat.

grs

Picked up my '89 Miata and did 4 rounds yesterday, worst 1'43, but at the end I was at 1'20. Might try to set up some races during next week.

Did not find the energy to post the room and would not have done a 3 round race either.

Was surprised on the Miata seasonal event, way to go!

You want the other thread, Classics. This is the Challanger event :)

But yeah, be good to race the Mazdas again, had some good fun.

Sorry not been about but health conditions have been knocking me about a little of late, where by my concentration level is a high of zero.

Hope you can all keep things going and I’ll try to join in when I can, I’ve been doing the odd bit here and there, like WRS, bit of seasonal even that feels like tough going.

Regards to all.

Phillip.

Sorry not been about but health conditions have been knocking me about a little of late, where by my concentration level is a high of zero.

Hope you can all keep things going and I’ll try to join in when I can, I’ve been doing the odd bit here and there, like WRS, bit of seasonal even that feels like tough going.

Regards to all.

Phillip.
Sorry to hear that Philip, I was wondering where you've been. I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep things going, I was a little busy. Hope to see you on track soon.

Take it easy.

Regards to all.

Phillip.

Yeah like Wes said, sorry to hear that Philip! Take all the time you need 👍 Hope to see you again soon.

-Bart

Regards to all.

Phillip.

All the best Phillip , hope you get those hands on a steering wheel again soon.

Back