GTP_Classics.Watch thread for room number.

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 168 comments
Supercar Showdown

supercars.jpg

Supercar is a term used most often to describe an expensive high end car. It has been defined specifically as "a very expensive, fast or powerful car".Stated in more general terms: "it must be very fast, with sporting handling to match," "it should be sleek and eye-catching" and its price should be "one in a rarefied atmosphere of its own".​

Car Type: Road cars only, no race cars or RM's. Any cars are permitted but this is a supercar showdown so the more outrageous the better, "Bling is King!"
PP: 600pp
Tyres: Sports Soft or harder
Modifications: Any allowed within the PP limit (except RM as stated above) Please avoid excessive abuse of the power limiter - it's not big and it's not clever!
Track: Will be decided each race by a vote to keep things fresh

Hope to see a few people there along with several Astons, Lambos, Ferraris, McLarens and the like, it's been quiet - too quiet - recently so it's time to have some good old fashioned and clean online racing :)

Last edited:
Supercar Showdown

supercars.jpg

Supercar is a term used most often to describe an expensive high end car. It has been defined specifically as "a very expensive, fast or powerful car".Stated in more general terms: "it must be very fast, with sporting handling to match," "it should be sleek and eye-catching" and its price should be "one in a rarefied atmosphere of its own".

Car Type: Road cars only, no race cars or RM's. Any cars are permitted but this is a supercar showdown so the more outrageous the better, "Bling is King!"
PP: 600pp
Tyres: Sports Soft or harder
Modifications: Any allowed within the PP limit (except RM as stated above)Please avoid excessive abuse of the power limiter - it's not big and it's not clever!
Track: Will be decided each race by a vote to keep things fresh

Hope to see a few people there along with several Astons, Lambos, Ferraris, McLarens and the like, it's been quiet - too quiet - recently so it's time to have some good old fashioned and clean online racing :)

Glad to see some nice combo's posted in our thread, great event Andy look forward to racing this tonight. 👍

Here is a list or call it a catalogue of our events to date, if you have any good ideas for race events you can bring to this thread for all to enjoy, please dont be shy, post your event.

List of Race Events.

Italy Rome City Reverse Post # 12

Deutsches Supercar Festival Post # 46

Autodromo Nazionale Monza Post # 61 (wet)

Cape Ring North post # 66

Supercar Showdown

Nurburgring Nordschleife goes all rotary

La connexion française

Phillip.

Some great racing last night, thanks to all who participated and good to see some old faces back racing, some whom I haven't seen since GT5p. The supercars provided some good fun racing but were enough of a challenge on SS tyres to keep it interesting. It was great to see such a variety of expensive motors on display!!

Here are just a few snapshots from last night, I can't remember who's who sorry (except that Wes is in the Lego car :) )

deepforestracewayx.jpg

deepforestraceway1.jpg

deepforestraceway2l.jpg

nrburgringgpfr.jpg

nrburgringgpf1z.jpg

Room up: 1472 - 6118 - 3615 - 5261 - 8919 Closed

Last edited:
I found a car which I can drive a lot better on the Sports Hard tyres. After last nights attempts with the 458 and DB9, hopefully it'll be a lot smoother next time.

I found a car which I can drive a lot better on the Sports Hard tyres. After last nights attempts with the 458 and DB9, hopefully it'll be a lot smoother next time.
Room is still up if you have time to join.

Room closed.

Last edited:
I am still around (even if this post is 10 days late :lol: ) and ive recently got back into GT5, so i would love to be able to participate in these racing events again, they were great fun and i already miss them :embarrassed:

I am still around (even if this post is 10 days late :lol: ) and ive recently got back into GT5, so i would love to be able to participate in these racing events again, they were great fun and i already miss them :embarrassed:
That's great to hear and this racing event is still active. I'm sure if we call some for some 600 PP sports soft races (the current combo), they (the regulars) will come (if they have the time).👍

im sure things will be back up to speed now this topic is back from the dead :lol:

Ive been trying to sports tune a Cizeta V16T for the 600PP Supercars event, very tricky but im not going to give up, I love the 'odd one out' and obscure cars :sly:

im sure things will be back up to speed now this topic is back from the dead :lol:

Ive been trying to sports tune a Cizeta V16T for the 600PP Supercars event, very tricky but im not going to give up, I love the 'odd one out' and obscure cars :sly:
That's a very tricky one indeed. I tried it as well but I couldn't keep up with that car.

I’ve been asked to bring back the GTP Classics, this opening event was a great success last time out as were most of the Classic races we all took part in.

Anyone can open a room but please post the room number in this thread for other members to see and join you.

Example: Room open, XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX Call the room GTP_Classics

I’ll post now to let everyone view and sort out cars please let us know how your doing.

Date of start Today 11/12/2011 Races start on the Hour.

Online Room Number .​

Rome Reverse

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata DA Zagato.

picture.php

Ok I have first choice so keeping with the theme, Italy Rome Alfa Romeo; I’ve picked a nice easy one for all levels great car in cockpit, bumper or roof cam.

Keeping with the format for all races 2 pit stops two different types of tyre and one pit stop must have a 100% refuel, mechanical damage heavy

30 lap tyres sport hard / racing hard, you must do a minimum of 10 laps on sport hard tyres.

No tuning all settings set to default, oil change is ok.

You can start on whatever set you like, what racing strategy you use is up to you, so long as you play the game and stick to the format.

Read post #1

Cars for other days

Depending on credits you may if you wish tune. Read post #1 for definition.

Day two: Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car 85 Default

Day three: Cizeta V16T 94 Part Tuned

Day four: Lamborghini LP400 74 Full Tuned

Day Five: Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione Default

Day Six: Ferrari F40 Sport Medium Default vs Maserati Racing Hard Default

Day Six cars Straight head / head battle between these two great Italian cars, I was putting in the same time per lap with these settings, but you still have to make your two pit stops but keep the tyres the same for the duration of the race, one 100% refuel.

My list of Cars ready for races.​

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata DA Zagato.
Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car 85
Cizeta V16T 94
Lamborghini LP400 74
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
Ferrari F40 Sport hard vs Maserati Racing Hard​

Phillip.

Now we are well into GT5 cars should not be a problem in finding and tuning, in the interests of fair racing everyone is expected to stick to the format without question.

I look forward to seeing some of the old faces back on track again, proving that GT5 is still as much fun as we had in GT5p.

Phillip. 👍

Last edited:
Back