JG's Tune Shop - 4 endurance tunes up! [73 TUNES][OPEN]

• Thread starter GfxJG
  • 779 comments
Lol, I just started to drop images completely, as you may have noticed XD And I saw a Prius IRL today. I had this distinctive urge to drop a piano on it...

Hey, just wanted to give a quick review on a few of your cars I've been running. I'm one of those guys who uses, and enjoys, a lot of tunes on here. Unfortunately, a new work schedule has made me decide to either race or review, with little time for both, so my reviews are rare.

Here's what I've used from your catalog:

Callaway C12 tuned to 752 HP, 1233 kg, 598 PP on Race Soft tires. This car is a pure rocket. Terrific speed, good stability. It's very stable on braking, and you really need to work to break the back end loose leaving a corner. It's decent in the corners, but I almost had to adopt a RUF-like line, going slow in andfast out, to counter some of the on-throttle understeer. Mid-corner speed was decent for a car this heavy. The car has some terrific sound, as well, great exhaust note. On Trial Mountain, I ran laptimes similar to Lion's Den's Veyron (Sports Soft) and Praiano's F40 (Sports Soft). Running the car in online races, it does OK, and is much stronger on speed tracks over corning tracks, as you'd expect. It drives just as nicely online as off, although it does seem to burn the rear tires a little quickly if you're pushing it.

Cizeta V16T tuned to 616 HP, 1334 kg, 571 PP on Race Soft tires (from your old garage, doesn't look like the tune made it to this one). This is a tough car to drive, mostly because it constantly feels like you're on the edge of control. It can handle more than it feels like it can, but you find yourself letting off to avoid the crash you think is coming, even though the car would have been just fine. It makes full use of the traction, and pulls nicely out of corners, with good straight speed and pretty nice mid-corner speed. The biggest flaw with the car is on braking. Even with the traction of Race Softs, the car does not like to brake while cornering, and any attempt to push late (or even on-time) into corners and brake while starting your turn will lead to tire smoke and sliding. Online, the car feels a spot looser, and I drive far more conservatively because of that feeling of losing control. Due to the braking issues, it's really only good for very short online races, as the tires disappeaar quickly on this machine. Interestingly, it's closest in lap times for me with another car that always feels like it's running the edge, Mad Finn's Ouillim Spirra (Race Mediums).

Pagani C12 tuned to 402 HP, 1240 kg, 525 PP on Sport Soft tires. I'm sure everyone who has raced online has had some rough competition from a Zonda, and this tune is no exception. At 525 PP, it's very strong online, running competitively with the other top dogs of the PP range: the NSX and the Elise. JG's Zonda tune is brilliant on Sport Soft tires, keeping very stable on all aspects of the corner, even on tough tracks. I've got a few cars at each PP level that I use when I really want to win (yes, sometimes it's more about having fun and seeing what you can do in a "strange" car than it is about winning), and this Zonda has quickly become one of my favorite 525 PP cars. Very nice tune, JG.

racer39658, you get 2 free tune requests. Why only 2? The Zonda is not as much a review as saying you like it ;) Send me a PM with your requests ;)

GfxJG
Not cheap. Just short on time :P Srsly, then I can give him a free tune some othe time where I have less around me :P
Less around you? You only have me and the other frequent reviewers on here! Unless.....someone's gotta girlfriend!!! :lol: and what happened to your gallery?

Less around you? You only have me and the other frequent reviewers on here! Unless.....someone's gotta girlfriend!!! :lol: and what happened to your gallery?

No, I haven't got a girlfriend. But trust me, the 11th September, I'll either have or I won't, if you know what I mean :P As for the gallery, I have a few photos. I'm just a lazy ****.

EDIT: Lol, just realized teh 11th September is also the anniversary of 9/11... Time to go trolling :D

Last edited:
Well, I don't really write reviews to get tunes (just ask the RKM guys), but there is one car I'd love to see a tune for: the 1998 Mercedes Benz SLK 230 Kompressor. For no reason I can think of, I've always enjoyed this car in the versions of GT it's appeared in, but not one tune shop has built one yet. Let me know if you need the car, and I'll send you one.

I prefer tunes on Sport Soft rubber or less, it doesn't matter to me how much you upgrade it, as most of my online racing is PP/tire restricted. :)

Last edited:
Well, I don't really write reviews to get tunes (just ask the RKM guys), but there is one car I'd love to see a tune for: the 1998 Mercedes Benz SLK 230 Kompressor. For no reason I can think of, I've always enjoyed this car in the versions of GT it's appeared in, but not one tune shop has built one yet. Let me know if you need the car, and I'll send you one.

I prefer tunes on Sport Soft rubber or less, it doesn't matter to me how much you upgrade it, as most of my online racing is PP/tire restricted. :)

I think you'll have to send it. Drop me a friend request.

Impressive, I have had 4 tunes ready since last night, but haven't got time to type them in. Or maybe I'm just too lazy. That's also a possibility.

Bump. Why must my life be so busy... Not even a bad excuse, havenøt played GT5 for like 2 days and typed them in.

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
~670 BHP - ~870 Nm - 1250 KG - ~590 PP

SanGalganoAbbey.jpg

GT Auto
Oil Change

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Amount: 29 KG
Ballast Position: -50

Aerodynamics
N/A

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear:
2nd Gear:
3rd Gear:
4th Gear:
5th Gear:
6th Gear:

Final Gear:
Max Speed:

LSD
Initial Torque: 0/22
Acceleration Sensitivity: 0/44
Braking Sensitivity: 0/33

Suspension
Ride Height: 5/1
Spring Rate: 11.7/12.4
Dampers (Extension): 6/6
Dampers (Compression): 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4

Camber Angle: 2.5/2.0
Toe Angle: 0.00/0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance: 7/5

Driving Aids
Tuned with everything off except ABS at 1.

-------------------

Tuners Comments

Last edited:
Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97
~240 BHP - ~210 Nm - 888 KG - ~450 PP

Kyoto-Shoren-in-1.jpg

GT Auto
Oil Change
Rear Wing
Optional Aero Parts

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Amount: 0 KG
Ballast Position: 0

Aerodynamics
0/20

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 2.941
2nd Gear: 2.160
3rd Gear: 1.668
4th Gear: 1.338
5th Gear: 1.115
6th Gear: 0.942

Final Gear: 4.555
Max Speed: 250 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 14/0
Acceleration Sensitivity: 32/0
Braking Sensitivity: 18/0

Suspension
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 6.0/4.0
Dampers (Extension): 4/4
Dampers (Compression): 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/2

Toe Angle: 0.00/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/5

Driving Aids

-------------------

Tuners Comments

Last edited:
Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon 2.0GT SpecB '03
~400 BHP - ~480 Nm - 1400 KG - ~506 PP

SubaruLegacyB420GTSpecB2003.jpg

GT Auto
Oil Change
Rear Wing
Optional Aero Parts

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Amount: 66 KG
Ballast Position: 50

Aerodynamics
0/20

Power Limiter
96.1%

Transmission
1st Gear: 2.731
2nd Gear: 1.979
3rd Gear: 1.512
4th Gear: 1.201
5th Gear: 0.991
6th Gear: 0.835

Final Gear: 4.444
Max Speed: 280 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 10/10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 40/40
Braking Sensitivity: 20/20

Torque: 35/65

Suspension
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 6.3/9.8
Dampers (Extension): 6/6
Dampers (Compression): 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3

Toe Angle: 0.00/-0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/6

Driving Aids

-------------------

Tuners Comments

Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Kompressor '98
~325 BHP - ~510 Nm - 1103 KG - ~500 PP

MercedesSLK230Kompresser1998.jpg

GT Auto
Oil Change
Rear Wing
Optional Aero Parts

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Supercharger
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Amount: 0 KG
Ballast Position: 0

Aerodynamics
0/20

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 2.986
2nd Gear: 1.991
3rd Gear: 1.433
4th Gear: 1.090
5th Gear: 0.876

Final Gear: 3.460
Max Speed: 250 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 0/10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 0/40
Braking Sensitivity: 0/20

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 4.9/5.3
Dampers (Extension): 5/5
Dampers (Compression): 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3

Toe Angle: 0.05/-0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance: 4/5

Driving Aids

-------------------

Tuners Comments

Last edited:
Oi, JG, where's the pictures and Tuner Comments gone? Getting a bit half-arsed now that you've got a modicum of attention? :lol:

Kompressor Review

Kompressor.jpg

Painted in Matte Dark Blue

Thanks to JG for the mini-Mercedes tune! One of my favorite cars from previous GT versions, probably because it was the only Benz that didn't corner like a drunk elephant.

As soon as I saw the tune was published, I packed up my Kompressor, took it to the paint shop and the tune shop, then ran over to my favorite testing grounds: Trial Mountain.

Sporting Sport Soft tires, this car didn't flinch as I put it through it's paces. I was able to late break, throw it around the corners and accellerate out aggressively with very little slide. When I did get a slide (usually on purpose by doing things I wouldn't do if I was trying to go fast) it was easily controlled... in fact, I had to work to get a slide to last long enough to heat up the tires. Cornering is very neutral, with virtually no over- or under-steer. I have a feeling JG went with sports exhaust instead of race exhaust for the sound, but after driving this car, I have no doubt it could easily handle the extra few HP from the race exhaust without flinching.

While it's not the fastest car in the game, it ran very nice laps for being 497 PP on Sport Soft tires. I ran a 1:35.902 in the short test run I had, and although there may not be a lot more time to gain, this car was easy and consistant, and was very difficult to make a mistake with.

Thanks for the tune, JG! Tremendously stable FR car, and quick enough to be very competitive in PP restricted races. For anyone that tries this car, don't even bother with race tires, the Sports are plenty for this tune.

Oi, JG, where's the pictures and Tuner Comments gone? Getting a bit half-arsed now that you've got a modicum of attention? :lol:

Pictures are due to laziness, yes, I admit lol. As for tuner comments, I would, but as said, there was so long between actually making the tunes and typing them up that I couldn't remember lol. I might come back to them though.

And modicum of attention? Barely.

I need input: Seeing as I like painting cars and then lolling as people crash online when seeing them, would it be a fair tradeoff to say like, 10 paints (not final) gets you 1 tune? Have a sort of shop?

I need input: Seeing as I like painting cars and then lolling as people crash online when seeing them, would it be a fair tradeoff to say like, 10 paints (not final) gets you 1 tune? Have a sort of shop?

I once traded for a 370Z GT Academy with a free tune, so yes I'd say it's fair.

I once traded for a 370Z GT Academy with a free tune, so yes I'd say it's fair.

Yeah, obviously paints wouldn't be the only thing. What do you say would be a fair amount of paints? I mean, with the 5 paint limit and all I guess it shouldn't be an insane amount...

Well...say 2 passionate pink paintchips per tune :lol: and FYI, my old BAMF supra review is now in the archives section of my review thread and ive added a few shots as well.

Yeah, obviously paints wouldn't be the only thing. What do you say would be a fair amount of paints? I mean, with the 5 paint limit and all I guess it shouldn't be an insane amount...

5 is fair. Maybe not 5 gold chromes because that's a bit far, but 5 Maziora colours or mattes is quite reasonable.

I was in the area of 10 (rare-ish) paint chips per tune (because I'm lazy and don't have infinite time with school and all), but yeah, maybe that is too much...

Back