GTP | BMW Modified Series (Sign Ups Open) | Race One @ Road Course Daytona 10/6

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 68 comments
GTP_FreakinWolfy
GTP ORB | BMW Modified Series

About the Series/Code of Conduct
I decided to create this series after running several events in concurrence with the BMWCCA, and will be modeled after it as much as the game allows. This race series will be run in a casual sort of manner, but will adhere to the GTP OLR. You will be given leeway for a couple mishaps, but if you consistently fail to follow these guidelines you will be removed from the series, and not allowed to compete any further.

Multi-Class Run-Down
In this series there are two classes, 1 and 2. There will be, in a field of 16 drivers, a maximum of eight cars in both classes, if more than 16 drivers register the classes will be split into two lobbies of up to 16 each. Points are given for both class finish and overall finish. At the end of the season there will be Class 1, 2, and an overall Champion.

Prizes
Class 1 and 2 Champions: TBD
Overall Champion: TBD

Regulations

TCS and ABS will be allowed for this series, though for the sake of fun they're not recommended
All other aids will be turned off
Tires will be Racing Hard
Aero is allowed
All modifications are allowed
Cars will run at their respective performance levels as dictated by their class (500/550)

Race Day Procedure
will be opened between 7:45 and 8:00 EST
Racers are allowed to drive freely until 8:10
At 8:10 the track will be reset, and qualifying will begin. Once you have entered the course and completed a timed lap it is asked that you don't leave.
8:30 the race will start
There will be one pace lap in either single or double file depending on how well you guys take directions, this will be explained further in the pre race lobbies or practice
The length will be between 60 and 100 miles depending on the speed of the track
There is a mandatory pitstop required before the end of the race

Penalties
Damage will be set to Light
Penalties will be turned off
Any questionable incidents (including cutting of corners) will be turned over to the GTP ORB for review.
Depending on the seriousness of the incident 20 - 40 seconds will be added to your final finish time, and what ever positions that would dock you will be removed.

Last edited:
Bottoz/Bottoz/Z4 M Coupe ’08 - C2/Spacegrau Metallic

Last edited:
I will post up what car and class I will be running when I get home from work. Also what about driving aids? I hope they are turned off.

Yes! I'm still trying to decide on a car. You know you can change the lists into it's own website thing you know? ;)

Maybe a Z4...

I will post up what car and class I will be running when I get home from work. Also what about driving aids? I hope they are turned off.

Thankyou, I forgot to write that in there. It's fixed now.

Interesting, but on which day of the week this series will be run ?

Thurdays at 8pm Est.
November 6th is going to be the date for the first race

November really. Holy crap. Why not first week in October. That's still 2-3 weeks away and 2-3 weeks worth of tuning.

Thursdays! I can do that! Must discuss this fully with the family first... maybe even have to go through approval. :crazy:

Will we have any practice runs, pre-seasons, or exhibitions?

Taunto...I'm glad you've been posting to set me straight. October is what it should have been. I started working on this amidst calculus chemistry homework so needless to say my mind was slightly frazzled.

Elite Dreamer. How would I set it up like that? I have reached the end of my computer savvy in setting that up.

Click "Share" in the top right, Click "Publish As Webpage" And copy and paste link. 👍

That is what your talking about right?

Very nice. 👍

I'm also very interested in the tracks chosen. Looks like a lot of fun! :) Currently trying to decide on a colour of my car.... (car is secret for now)

Sounds good. Maybe if you're in Group 2 I can finally beat you lol

Maybe.....if you played that soundtrack of yours! Then I would just hit "exit" and enjoy the sounds of crickets and the wind as if nothing was around. Then off in the distance the faint sound of a 240z...getting closer and closer till it screams right by you and your left with the image of "agro" on my back bumper getting smaller and smaller!

Yes I'm that bored right now......lol

Agro, you know that that was probably the greatest idea ever in the history of Gran Turismo. Don't hate just because you're mad that you didn't think of it yourself ;)

Good! I hope we can get a full field to register

If we can do Saturdays I'm good to go. I decided to keep the house as my friends seem to enjoy the other 5 rooms to crash after parties haha

If I can get it to play right I will, and then maybe move on to my other song choice for the actual race. Any little advantage.... :P

Your Approved Car List sis either not there or not loading for me. The page is there, but no lists are showing up.

But no list in said white box?

This set up is a bit of an experiment for me, so if you could tell me what you see for each link it'd be very helpful

Back