GT4 European Cup Season 2 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 521 comments
Yes, without ballast the car is just perfect here. But 121KG make times slower and increases tyre wear a lot. I'll try my best on the race and at least make it to the race. lol

Edit: Started watching F1 qualy. Dont know if I can wake up in time. If im not online by 16:35BST, go ahead and start without me.

Last edited:
Not strictly true ;). I believe if I were to take pole followed by the race win, that would then give us both 2 wins. If you were to finish no higher than 3rd, then your total points would remain as they are now and I would tie with you. If it went on a countback of race positions we would have 2 wins each, but I have 2 2nd place finishes to your 1. :D

Not that much of this is likely, but curious to know if we were purely racing for 2nd/3rd/4th etc. If I'm honest, I see myself in a battle for 2nd and I think Nepal will be tough to beat at Nurb GP/F :)

Aha yep! I was thinking this to myself but forgot to reply back to the thread. It's nice to know someone hasn't taken the title yet anyway. :) Unlike F1

I'm really thinking of doing something different other than GT4 for a next series, but first we'll see what 2.0 gives us. :) If there is a season 3, the Camaro will be heavier and maybe the Evora too, adding ballast to it's stock form. I probably should have made the Camaro heavier for this season, but I thought I would leave it as a rival to the Evora in making it a good 'cornering' car. Strange it handles so well though, it handles so much better than the Z4 even though it's around 200kg heavier. Seems like a flaw in the physics for one of if not both of these cars.

EDIT: FL here last season was a 2:07.780 by Kamy in the Evora. Read into that what you will. ;)

Last edited:
Race Information - Nurburgring GP/F

Laps will be set to 20.​
  • 30 minute practice followed by 15 minute qualifying, starting at 17:00 BST (GMT+1). Read the Qualifying section of the OP for further information.
  • You should not go off track or drive "dirty". Red+white rumble strips are track, green concrete/astroturf is not. If you continuously drive on dirty parts of the track during the race and you gain time from doing so, an appropriate penalty will be given out.
  • These are the obvious dirty parts of the track. You should not run wide here. Given in chronological order of the lap (click for big):

• Remember if you run wide on a hot lap during Qualifying, you must abandon the lap and make sure it does not end up being your fastest lap.

Formation lap: Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 50 mph/80 kmh. Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only cause damage.

Pits: The Pits will open on lap number 9 (as in the top left corner of your screen) and close on lap 13 (as in the top left corner of your screen). Therefore you may pit on laps 9, 10, 11 and 12. Failing to do so will result in a 5 second penalty.

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Room will be opened just before 16:30, please add my PSN to find the room easier.

I'm really thinking of doing something different other than GT4 for a next series, but first we'll see what 2.0 gives us. :)

If we get GT1 or GT3 cars, I'm hopping all over it, especially since my plans for a GT1 series based on this one kind of went all for nothing... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Unless we get a Viper RM or something.

MÜLE_9242;5992716
If we get GT1 or GT3 cars, I'm hopping all over it, especially since my plans for a GT1 series based on this one kind of went all for nothing... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Unless we get a Viper RM or something.

Hopping all over it as in really wanting to join? But yeah I saw that a new GT1 championship was made the other day. I don't think the way he's limiting the power for the 4 cars is the best way to go but meh. I don't think you've done it for nothing, because I think we'll get some other goodies in 2.0/DLC that would be good for a GT1 championship e.g. the N24 GT-R.

There was a Viper RM in GT5P. That thing sounded awesome.

As in making a series for it ;)

I forget how much he limited the power by, but the Aston Martin maxes out at about 58-something. That being said, he doesn't even have an Aston Martin. :rolleyes:

He actually had the nerve to ask me if I could give him any of my info, too.

Official Race Results: Nurburgring GP/F

NEPALII --.--- (2:06.681)
outlaw4rc +14.313 (2:07.803)
BiffyClyro93 +16.886 (2:07.062)
GTP_Welsh-Bain +19.621 (2:08.003)
GTP_Aderrrm +56.844 (2:08.505)
Jay_1086 +1:27.270 (2:11.470)
MULE_9242 DNF

Standings:

Fastest Laps:

Prizes:

NEPALII - 2nd in overall standings: 750,000 Cr. or less car from the NCD.
GTP_Welsh-Bain - 3rd in overall standings: 500,000 Cr or less car from the NCD.
outlaw4rc - attending all races!: 500,000 Cr or less car from the NCD.
myself - best fastest laps: only just by just over a tenth of a second!

Let me know what cars you guys want. :)

A few things...

• There was a different fastest lap setter for 5 of the 6 races.
  • The race was won from pole for 5 of the 6 races.
  • Depending on what 2.0 brings us, Season 3 will begin early December.

Thanks. :)👍

Comments about this season:

The Z4m stinks.

That is all.

:lol:

I'm crossing my fingers that the DLC will include tracks and maybe even some new cars we can use for Season 3.

Kaz's GTR might be available to buy from NCD and might be worth less than 750,000 cr. so I'll wait for Spec 2.0. If not, then one of the new NASCARs(2011)

Sorry i missed race, i love the nurg track but hey nevermind i had a very bad season...

Not sure if i can make the time for this series anymore but i will let you know

oohh, forgot about my prize!

I'll take the Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 '06 please.

Looking forward to a season 3 and as I said, I'd be more than happy to help out with anything I can. Thanks again Adam.

Kaz's GTR might be available to buy from NCD and might be worth less than 750,000 cr. so I'll wait for Spec 2.0. If not, then one of the new NASCARs(2011)

👍

oohh, forgot about my prize!

I'll take the Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 '06 please.

Looking forward to a season 3 and as I said, I'd be more than happy to help out with anything I can. Thanks again Adam.

👍 It'll be sent over today. :D

Has a decision been made on the choice of car, outlaw?

I don't think there will be a season 3, mainly because of the massive fail that was season 2. Also, I'm back to uni now meaning the workload has increased and I've got exams in January. I don't think people like the fact that these cars aren't race cars and in turn don't produce good, clean racing. They'd much rather drive a LMP car even if they have less chance of winning. I've always thought aswell that people might think this is a Gran Turismo 4 race series posted in the wrong forum. :lol: Might just be me on that one!

Anyway... I kind of want to do another series to see how it goes, just not GT4. I've thought of a cracking idea using a FGT (only thought of it now thanks to the new seasonal) which would be similar to that new Indy Car league, but very different and I guess with higher 'standards'. It would be low powered probably producing some good racing including 5 or 6 races. Thoughts?

NEPALII and outlaw still need to give me their car choices. That is, if you want a free car. :)

I don't think there will be a season 3, mainly because of the massive fail that was season 2. Also, I'm back to uni now meaning the workload has increased and I've got exams in January. I don't think people like the fact that these cars aren't race cars and in turn don't produce good, clean racing. They'd much rather drive a LMP car even if they have less chance of winning. I've always thought aswell that people might think this is a Gran Turismo 4 race series posted in the wrong forum. :lol: Might just be me on that one!
That's too bad. I was hoping for a Season 3 so I can actually win a race for once! :lol:

If you decide to go ahead with another season, let me know. We could add Spa to the schedule! 💡
Anyway... I kind of want to do another series to see how it goes, just not GT4. I've thought of a cracking idea using a FGT (only thought of it now thanks to the new seasonal) which would be similar to that new Indy Car league, but very different and I guess with higher 'standards'. It would be low powered probably producing some good racing including 5 or 6 races. Thoughts?

I never liked driving the FGT so count me out for that one, I'm afraid.
NEPALII and outlaw still need to give me their car choices. That is, if you want a free car. :)
GT-R N24 please! 👍

Okay so I don't feel like making any series any more, at least until next Summer.

If any driver who participated in this season wants to carry on the GT4 Cup into season 3 then they can. 👍 Let me know.

I've sent your car Nep, I'll send outlaw's tomorrow.

Hell yeah, I want a season 3!! :) Hopefully this time we get more people. This was a blast. Oh thanks for the car.

Hell yeah, I want a season 3!! :) Hopefully this time we get more people. This was a blast.
2 things...

1. I second the motion
  2. I move we make NEPALII the Chief Steward. :)

Bringing this back from the dead! Is there any plans for a 3rd season?

Since no one took my offer on running it themselves for a season, not at the moment. S3 will be at the start of February. Christmas and New Years will be out the way and the 2nd DLC pack will have come out by then. But really if there's not enough interest for it in the first race, the thing will be cancelled straight away.

Gotcha! I didn't know you where looking for someone to host a season. I would've taken you on the offer, anyways I'll be looking in for the 3rd season!

Since no one took my offer on running it themselves for a season, not at the moment. S3 will be at the start of February. Christmas and New Years will be out the way and the 2nd DLC pack will have come out by then. But really if there's not enough interest for it in the first race, the thing will be cancelled straight away.

i love GT4 Racing with those cars, so i'm up for it :)! 👍

Back