14 Supercars wrecked.

• Thread starter Grayfox
  • 74 comments
Australia
Australia
I_Grayson_Fox_I
A Ferrari driver’s mistake on a wet road in Japan has caused a massive car crash that involved 14 cars, including seven other Ferraris, three Mercedes and a Lamborghini.

The vehicles were being driven by a group of car enthusiasts from Kyushu to Hiroshima during wet weather on Sunday morning when the accident happened.

The pile-up was triggered when a Ferrari driver lost control while trying to overtake on a bend on China Road in Yamaguchi Prefecture.

The driver reportedly hit the median, causing the other cars to smash into each other.

No people were seriously hurt in the accident but the damage to the cars was severe, with many believed to have been written off.

Ten men and a woman were taken to hospital with bruises and slight injuries.

Video of the aftermath shows the vehicles, some which cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, with missing panels and badly dented bodies and a trail of debris littering the highway.

The road was closed for six hours as crews worked to clean up the mess.

The cars involved appear to be multiple Ferrari F355s, F430s, an F360 and an F512, a Mercedes Benz CL600, a Lamborghini Diablo, a Nissan Skyline and a Toyota Prius.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8384613/supercar-pile-up-wipes-out-14-cars

I bet that Prius was crying being so close to the gas guzzlers.

Quite shocking. But still, it's a great example of how we all spend too much time admiring possessions that will come and go.
Saying that though if there was a McLaren F1 in there written off I would be devastated. :lol:
I hope the injured all make a speedy recovery.

*(Insert funny joke about Prius later.)*

If they all crashed as a result of one car crashing, then they were driving too close for the speeds they were traveling. I would definitely have crashed too if I was there and that many Ferrari's etc passed me at a good speed. I don't think I would have enough self control to stop myself.

If they all crashed as a result of one car crashing, then they were driving too close for the speeds they were traveling.

Not to mention, probably not paying very good attention to what is going on around them. The insurance companies involved are going to love this one.:ouch:

if there was a McLaren F1 in there written off I would be devastated. :lol:

If a car is truly historic and valuable, like some of those early Ferrari and Maseratis, then I think restorers will go to extreme lengths to get them on the road again. Not sure if the McLaren F1 is in that category?

Respectfully,
Steve

They were most likely being the typical super styled idiot.
Speeding and going to fast for the corners and the conditions.

Poor Prius.. Just joking.
What a shame though, 11 supecars wrecked in one crash.

Dotini
If a car is truly historic and valuable, like some of those early Ferrari and Maseratis, then I think restorers will go to extreme lengths to get them on the road again. Not sure if the McLaren F1 is in that category?

Respectfully,
Steve

Well we could use Rowan Atkinson's incident as an example. I can't see McLaren ever not restoring one of their F1's, however extreme the incident may be.
Maybe it's just me, but I'd class the McLaren at the pinnacle of road cars. Estimated at around 2-3 million £'s each, sure there are the more expensive classic sports cars out there, but historically I see nothing else that can go par with it. It moved the super car game on like nothing else in history. It is, in my opinion, the most valuable modern car.
If it were a Veyron however, they can leave it to rot for all I care :lol:.

Im actually impressed that NineMSN got the names of the cars right as generally they don't, but I swear I saw a black 911 of sorts in there as well, and one of the 430s was a scud.

eiriksmil
Driving skills > money

Always.
It may be a little irrelevant but I remember this dude boasting about how he was a seasoned photographer and that he had an expensive camera. I said to him "Some people buy expensive cars, it doesn't mean they are good drivers." He responded with an angry face.
That's one of the few people in this world I have owned lol. :)

I think the real cause of the crash was the prius.

It was going so slow and the idiot that started the chain reaction when he tried to overtake it and lost control.

Wow - on the one hand, I feel like crying for all the poor machines that just got totally wiped. But on the other, stupid drivers + ridiculously fast cars = crash. The world works in strange ways though - they should just be glad they could walk away. Imagine how bad it could have been...

Nowhere near the most expensive crash, apart from the 430 Scud everything else you could buy for less than £70,000 each used. Probably barely over £600,000 damage.

A single Enzo being totalled would easily surpass that.

Nowhere near the most expensive crash, apart from the 430 Scud everything else you could buy for less than £70,000 each used. Probably barely over £600,000 damage.

A single Enzo being totalled would easily surpass that.

Hmm must have been plastic imitation cars then, I read this
Eight Ferraris, three Mercedes, a Lamborghini, a Skyline, and a
Prius.
Still no list of models though.

Natural selection in action. :sly:

I blame the Prius - for no other reason than I just think we should. Look at him sneaking off.

_57122755_013452785-1.jpg

Yeah Ferraris but, a F355 is about £50K, the Merc CL's all plummet in price after being new and the most expensive after the Scud which is still about £80-90K. All in all the crash damage is probably still well under £800K.

Back