GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
London
Chqr
nw105d.jpg

Information

Welcome to Season 1 of our NASCAR Nationwide Championship! This year will feature a 10-race season for the Drivers' Championship and the Owners' Championship (both detailed below). This series is the feeder series for the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Championship featuring an earlier time slot, easier to handle cars and shorter exciting Nascar races.

All races will be held on Saturday evenings, starting at 1pm EST (6pm BST) in a public lobby hosted by Chqr, Tom and Niop. Send a PSN friend request to "Chqr" and "Tom_97_COD" and "RFLX_Niop" if you wish to race in this series.

Timetable

1pm EST (6pm BST) - Room opens in a public lobby for an open practice session.
1:45pm EST (6:45pm BST) - Room is reset, and qualifying begins. All cars qualify on track together.
2pm EST (7pm BST) - Race begins automatically.

Applying

Please PM any of the following owners if you want to run for their teams. You may apply to as many owners are you wish. In your message be sure to add any information of experience, whether or not you can race full-time, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Watching

Sprint Cup drivers, owners and other members of GTP, if you are not racing on a particular raceday, you can watch all of this Season's Nationwide races live and interrupted on RFLX_Niop's Livestream @ http://www.livestream.com/rflxlive

The Field
GTP Username (PSN Username)

2lxcpig.png

Owner: kenkwilinski (CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83) | Carbonox | Chqr | Smuffyatfcp
Reserves - Mudd, dowhat13, CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83, DriveTheGuard88

2a5j6oi.png

Owner: SUfan21 (MStall41) | FastFox400 | Cowboys965 | Nater_Racing21
Reserves - ACDCROCKS123, Droptop2001gt, MStall41

b6vifk.png

Owner: DrifterJoe (JoeOftheFire) | Jtsharkin9 | james6653 | Racefan78
Reserves - JoeOfTheFire, Furinkazen, Tom_COD_97

hts75v.png

Owner: MÜLE_9242 (MULE_9242) | GTP_Litchi| Jakob_Nascar88 | amp_88_jr
Reserves - funkyDucks, mattymc1996, MULE_9242, RedPartyHat

2j47n79.png

Owner: Niop (RFLX_Niop) | DamageNano | Trynor88 | D4LVY_
Reserves - Knelly, RFLX_Niop, harrypayne

Last edited:
Calendar
Drivers may drop two of their worst points finishes excluding the season finale

*: 10-03-12 - Daytona Winter Testing @ Daytona Superspeedway (50 laps)

01: 17-03-12 - DRIVE4COPD 300 @ Daytona Superspeedway (120 laps)

02: 24-03-12 - Indy 100 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (40 laps)

03: 31-03-12 - NASCAR Italia @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza / No Chicane (20 laps)

04: 07-04-12 - Subway Jalapeno 250 @ SSRX (14 laps)

05: 14-04-12 - NASCAR España @ Madrid Mini (50 laps)

06: 21-04-12 - Daytona 100 @ Daytona Superspeedway (40 laps)

07: 28-04-12 - Southern 200 @ Eifel Oval (120 laps)

**: 05-04-12 - Sprint Cup All-Star Race @ Daytona Superspeedway (30 + 10 laps)

08: 12-05-12 - NASCAR Japan @ Suzuka East (50 laps)

Preview | Report | Results

09: 19-05-12 - 40 at the Valley @ Grand Valley East / Reverse (40 laps)

10: 26-05-12 - HSR 40 @ High Speed Ring (40 laps)

11: 02-06-12 - Daytona 200 @ Daytona Superspeedway (80 laps)

12: 16-06-12 - Brickyard 200 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (80 laps)

* denotes non-points scoring races

Last edited:

Race Results @ Brickyard 200

*denotes driver's points are illegible towards the Drivers' Championship due to driving in the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Championship.
DNS = Did not start
DSQ = Disqualified

2cgl9va.png

Drivers' Championship
Your worst two points finishes excluding the season finale are dropped.

20pv86w.png

Owners' Championship

24c9lkg.png

Last edited:

Steward Investigations and Discussions

11.03: A Poll into whether or not we should race at SSRX this season. - We will race at SSRX

17.03: An Investigation into Car #14, harrypayne for causing an avoidable accident on lap 1. He applied the handbrake whilst running solo causing a wreck. - Parked for Race Two

17.03: An Investigation into the Points' Championship. Should we allow Sprint Cup drivers to qualify for Drivers' Points? - No.

17.03: An Investigation into whether or not we should run in private or public lobbies. - Public

18.03: An Investigation into whether or not we should introduce lag cautions where a caution will only be used if a wreck within the first 10% of a race is caused by lag. - No cautions

Mini Gallery

zbyxg.png

2h7gntl.png

s4zaeh.png

Last edited:
Rules and Regulations

1. Any NASCAR race car in GT5 is allowed to participate, 2010 and 2011 models are both legal, GameStop Camry included.
2. Power is restricted to 453 horsepower for ALL races using the Engine's Power Limiter function.
3. A Ballast of 35KG must be added to car's weight bringing the weight to 1600KG.
4. Only Racing Medium tires will be permitted, no other compounds may be used, harder or softer.
5. All other driving aids (Active Steering, ASM, TCS, SRF, Driving Line) will be disabled on the race setup menu.
6. Mechanical Damage is OFF to prevent lag.
7. Visual Damage is OFF to prevent lag.
8. Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear is ON.
9. Grip Reduction is set to REAL.
10. Slipstream is set to WEAK.
11. Boost is OFF.
12. Microphones will be set to ON, unless it is determined that they cause too many connection/stability issues.
13. NO CAUTIONS - use this as an extra motivation to RACE CLEAN.

a) Race Clean - It's OK (and expected) to let off of the gas (or even brake) so you don't run over someone in a turn. This is especially true at Daytona and SS Route X, where drafting can cause lots of issues with people being run over in corners. Dirty drivers will not be permitted to return to later events.

b) While cornering, the two outside tires must remain completely on the tarmac/concrete/pavement at all times. Rumble strips are NOT considered part of the tarmac/concrete/pavement. Anyone that is caught cutting corners can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.

c) Drivers are not permitted to use the Series' Livestream Service mid-race. Anyone that is caught can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.

d) Drivers are advised to exit the pit lane with caution. Anyone that is caught blocking or deliberately causing an accident can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.

Points System

You may drop one race from Races 1 - 10 from your overall points standings.

1st place - 20 points
2nd place - 18 points
3rd place - 16 points
4th place - 14 points
5th place - 12 points
6th place - 11 points
7th place - 10 points
8th place - 9 points
9th place - 8 points
10th place - 7 points
11th place - 6 points
12th place - 5 points
13th place - 4 points
14th place - 3 points
15th place - 2 points

+1 point for leading a lap
+1 point for leading the most laps
+1 point for Pole Position

If you are a full-time and registered driver in the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Series, you will not be eligible for points towards the Drivers' Championship.
At the end of the ten race season, the driver with the highest point total will be crowned our GTP NASCAR Nationwide Champion for this inaugural season.

The prize payout is as follows:

1st place: Receive any 5 items** from my trading thread
2nd place: Receive any 3 items from my trading thread
3rd place: Receive any 1 item from my trading thread

**1 item is defined as any ONE of the following:
1 ticket
1 car
5 paint chips
1 set of 30 helmets
1 set of 30 racing suits

Ownership System

Every driver will be part of a team for the whole season. There are five team owners, determined by the GTP Sprint Cup Series last season's points standings. The five team owners are:

Richard Childress Racing: (CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83)
Joe Gibbs Racing: (M-Stall41)
Rick Ware Racing: (JoeOfTheFire)
Red Bull Racing: (FunkyDucks)
JR Motorsports: (RFLX_Niop)

It is the responsibility of the team owners to fill the seats on their team with full-time drivers, in order to compete for the season-long Team Owner's Championship. The available cars for each team are:

Richard Childress Racing - #24, #48, #88
Joe Gibbs Racing - #11, #18, #20
Rick Ware Racing - #43, #99
Red Bull Racing - #83, #83
JR Motorsports - #14, #42

That gives us 12 cars to choose from five different teams for this season. Dependent on lag and turnouts, we may allow for Red Bull Racing, Rick Ware Racing and JR Motorsports to run a 3rd car.

The top two finishing cars from each team will earn points for their respective team owners. Points for poles and laps led are not accumulated here, only the finishing position points count. The team with the most total points at the end of the season wins the Owner's Championship. Ties will be broken with most total wins, etc.​

Last edited:
Penalties

harrypayne - Parked for Race 2 for causing an avoidable accident whilst running solo. Applied the handbrake on Lap 1 of Race 1.

DaveMay96 - Parked for the rest of the season for causing a series of avoidable accidents in Race 1.

Last edited:
Is the Southern 200 track going to be Drop's created Darlington?

Yes Joe 👍

Oh and what are we gonna do for this mate? I suggest we get a rookie to run one car and me, you and Furi could share the other one?

EDIT: And Chqr mate, put something along the lines of 'Taking Signups' in the title, may entice a few more guys.

Would like to say on behalf of Rick Ware/Ford Racing, one of our seats will be reserved for Sprint Cup drivers (Me, Joe and Furi) and the other seat is open to any rookies who wish to sign up. Just drop Joe a PM 👍

I am delighted to advise we have filled to permanent seats with full time Nationwide drivers.

First, Niop and I are delighted that Chqr has agreed to fill the #14. His dedication so far to both series without actually driving much, along with his obvious skill made this decision very easy indeed.

Sitting alongside him in the #42 is Dave (D4LVY_). Dave is a rookie to NASCAR but has all the skills and appreciation of this sport, to become a strong team player and potential Nationwide Champion.

Both Niop and myself can't wait to start working with these guys, sharing setups and strategies hoping that they can progress towards the Sprint Cup in the future.

Good times at SGR 👍

So I take it Niop is out of WSM then... anyway I will try to make the odd appearance. Car TBC.

Ah is Dace your mate who you were with at the IndyCar Indy 200 Knelly? Get him signed up on GTP :D

EDIT: He shouldn't be Furi, he's not racing in this....

Right... a question I'm posting here as we have a pretty damn good NASCAR set up here on GTP.

So at moment there is Nationwide and Sprint Cup Saturday. IROC will be back around May on Sundays, which leaves me to think... Could we put trucks later fridays GMT? Maybe instead of the usual 7-9pm GMT timeframe, I can do 8pm to 10pm GMT on friday nights... would it suit you guys? This also means I can work on a schedule and get it done soon, as I have an idea of balancing regs and also there is no Saturday or Sunday clashes with anything else...

Thoughts?

Right... a question I'm posting here as we have a pretty damn good NASCAR set up here on GTP.

So at moment there is Nationwide and Sprint Cup Saturday. IROC will be back around May on Sundays, which leaves me to think... Could we put trucks later fridays GMT? Maybe instead of the usual 7-9pm GMT timeframe, I can do 8pm to 10pm GMT on friday nights... would it suit you guys? This also means I can work on a schedule and get it done soon, as I have an idea of balancing regs and also there is no Saturday or Sunday clashes with anything else...

Thoughts?

That's absolutely fine by me. IndyCar shakedown opens at 10:30pm with quali half an hour later. No time clash 👍

Beautiful. Those are much better than the ones I tried to make.

Off to bed but will get cracking tomorrow.

Good then I will email u the jpeg files. Be ready for a big file tomorrow. I'm sure you find a use for them on the website. And later on tomorrow I will make the NW team logos as well n send them off to you right away. Also soon to develope race logos as well for in here.

Good to see Dave making his way in, Knelly. 👍

As Tom said, we plan to have 1 full time Nationwide driver and rotate the second car between the 3 sprint cup drivers. However, I think we should have 2 full time Nationwide drivers instead if this thread gets a lot of interest.

Chqr - Here's preliminary logos for NW, I still need the nationwide logo to add to most images

Attachments

• GTP_Nationwide_S1_logos.pdf
    590.4 KB · Views: 29
I agree. How do you make the logo's?

Lots of google searching, looking for images that go with my concept for that particular logo. And then I use Paint here at work and edit the images down to what I need. Alter 300 to 200 and such, little details. Lots of little editing and resizing. Pretty much a lot of cut and paste LOL.

IT'S OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Since I was able to get consistent results in the Vintage NASCAR's, my target this season is a top 3 overall finish ;)

Latest Posts

Back