Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well eitherway, if this was someone else who doesn't get as voice-turous as me and had an accident with anyone else it would have been considered an accident. If it was anyone else and them (ACDC/RFLX) in the beginning of the race it would have been considered an accident too. It just happens that it was me really late in the race who had done this. And what if I had done that as a total accident? Would you have seen it that way as you have had seen it for many of incidents that have happened that hasn't included me? Sorry for all of this but rules are made to be challenged and if no one ever did we would all still think the Earth is flat too. Or in this case just believe they are the best and deserve the whole track when they drive by. Wait next time I should just pull over and let them through.

And to think this all started with my complimenting them, trying to be friendly

They kind of aren't I'm afraid, hence they're called 'rules'. And the earth being flat wasn't a rule, it was a theory that was proven to be wrong.

kenkwilinski
This was how I BLOCKED you

There's a difference between blocking someone and forcing someone off their line and into the grass.

And if it's all luck, what's the point in racing at all?

One more question Crazy, what does it feel like to be caught and passed by the people you wrecked just a few laps prior?

Well eitherway, if this was someone else who doesn't get as voice-turous as me and had an accident with anyone else it would have been considered an accident. If it was anyone else and them (ACDC/RFLX) in the beginning of the race it would have been considered an accident too. It just happens that it was me really late in the race who had done this. And what if I had done that as a total accident? Would you have seen it that way as you have had seen it for many of incidents that have happened that hasn't included me? Sorry for all of this but rules are made to be challenged and if no one ever did we would all still think the Earth is flat too. Or in this case just believe they are the best and deserve the whole track when they drive by. Wait next time I should just pull over and let them through.

And to think this all started with my complimenting them, trying to be friendly

If it had been an accident, it would have been just that, an accident. You told everyone that it wasn't though, with this post you made right after the race.

And once again I'm sorry for coming down hard on the left. It was around lap 150 I think and I couldn't afford another lap down. And according to rules we have already discussed about this particular event I drive within those guidelines. I raced the leaders n lapped cars. And even took my far share of one lane change per lap that's set in order to allow for one defend or block. I can't control whether or not the faster car wants to idle or use its brakes. Not my problem according to the rules. Doesn't everyone just love rules?
Link

Everyone knows that you got bent out of shape after the previous Indy race, and everyone knows that you have made it a point to seek out trouble when on the track with RFLX/ACDC in the past. Your reputation will not afford you the benefit of the doubt in this case.

I thought we were past this after you and I exchanged PMs last week about this very same incident. I handled that privately, because I didn't think you wanted to air this out publicly.

Since you seem to want to do that, I can play along.

Show me any kind of LEGAL blocking or FAIR intentions here:

They kind of aren't I'm afraid, hence they're called 'rules'. And the earth being flat wasn't a rule, it was a theory that was proven to be wrong.

So you never break rules at school or at home and challenge them? I'm sure you do and you learn your wrong. As I had done in many of private PM's between me and Droptop at the end of last season. And Earth being flat was a rule, people got killed for believing it wasn't.

There's a difference between blocking someone and forcing someone off their line and into the grass.

Well, yes you are right about that. Use my drawing as I seen it from my point of view. Then compare it to Droptop's drawing. Now we all know that we see things differently and will always butt-heads together.

Well I'm sure all of us are fast and great racers. But combine that with points and a great series and you have what we have here. Rivalry's & Battles. Good example, what's the point of racing Daytona if there's going to be an accident everytime? Mudd was unlucky how many times in that case. So it is luck in that situation. And the point of racing is prove you have what it takes to win. I can honestly say I have not had a perfect race in this league. A few times in our races, things would be going my way but then I would collect myself in someone else wreck, unlucky for me.

One more question Crazy, what does it feel like to be caught and passed by the people you wrecked just a few laps prior?

It feels like I need to get your tunes honestly and that's about all. Eitherway, compare your performance without your turbo booster on your rear (provided PDF below). I probably would feel like I suck if it wasn't you two passing me again. I know the 75 lapper at Indy I never got passed by you guys while I was fortunate enough to race in a pack with my team.

Pretty sure that finishing 7th and 6th at Daytona AFTER being caught up in accidents both times is pretty good.

Plus, the poor finish at the last Daytona race was also mostly my fault, for proposing a 2-stop strategy over a 1-stop strategy. I guessed, wrongly, that most teams would two-stop, and we would have a large pack to push up to any team that might try to one-stop. No one else did, and we were left to go it alone, and we still got caught up in a mess when Furi and RFLX spun coming out of turn 4. He still finished 6th, with the wrong strategy and an accident.

If it had been an accident, it would have been just that, an accident. You told everyone that it wasn't though, with this post you made right after the race.

Link

Everyone knows that you got bent out of shape after the previous Indy race, and everyone knows that you have made it a point to seek out trouble when on the track with RFLX/ACDC in the past. Your reputation will not afford you the benefit of the doubt in this case.

I thought we were past this after you and I exchanged PMs last week about this very same incident. I handled that privately, because I didn't think you wanted to air this out publicly.

Well in the End I apologized and watching the replay shows my late reaction to the situation. As you can see I was headed to the left but what I didn't know was how fast ACDC was homing in on us.

So yes, I intended to block and yes it got dirty. Like I said my first accident I was involved in that was my fault. And now the hammer is drawn. Should we humiliate and cut-off everyone else who has wrecked someone too? I could show replays with Niop bumping me into the sand at LeMans and Monza. That pee'd me off as on mic I clearly told Niop to go around and he said no thanks and then takes me off the course and blows by me.

Glad this is all out there. Hate it or leave it. I guess I get hot headed when all the races start to seem one sided. If ACDC is so good why doesn't he race regularly with us? Maybe he could earn some respect that way. Like he could show what he's got on a road course with us all.

Pretty sure that finishing 7th and 6th at Daytona AFTER being caught up in accidents both times is pretty good.

Plus, the poor finish at the last Daytona race was also mostly my fault, for proposing a 2-stop strategy over a 1-stop strategy. I guessed, wrongly, that most teams would two-stop, and we would have a large pack to push up to any team that might try to one-stop. No one else did, and we were left to go it alone, and we still got caught up in a mess when Furi and RFLX spun coming out of turn 4. He still finished 6th, with the wrong strategy and an accident.

That sounds like 8/12 races for me, mudd and dowhat

Differing views, differing opinions. Let's leave it there please. We all have our ideas who is right and wrong. Let's move on.

SPRINTS coming in a few days, still waiting on some votes. I wonder who will win Rivalry of the Season :nervous:

Here since you like to air dirty laundry, I pulled up one of Niop's videos on his youtube. This shows his run at Monza. Watch from 9:40 to 10:42. Niop is trailing me and taps me into the Chicane, you can see I got a little loose. Then after the following turn on the little straightaway before the right hand sweeper he lays on my bumper for a second. This slides my car of the track. He even looks in reverse probably saying to himself....Did I do that? I'm done now. But my point is I didn't get all hell-bent out of shape over it and I was in second place.

Because I have fun and seek to beat you.

Crazy, man, you were the one who brought the Indy one up again. Everybody else had forgiven and forgotten. Let it lie man.

You're grasping for straws on that one Crazy. It's clear that I let off well in advance to give you time you brake. If you want to post the one at le Manns, I will say hands down that one was my fault, hence why I stopped and waited for you.

Accidents happen in every race. They just do. I have caused them before, and I readily admit when I have made a mistake. I caused an accident at LeMans that I knew was my fault. It was completely unintentional, but I was too late on the brakes in a braking zone, and knocked you and Knelly into the sand. Knelly and I got together at HSR and again at Indy. I spun ACDC at Daytona. I've probably caused some other accidents that I don't remember off of the top of my head. But, none of these accidents were intentional, and none were the result of me trying to make someone go around me out of spite when it was absolutely unnecessary.

I have never seen any other driver come onto the forums after a race and grandstand about an "accident" as if they were definitely in the right, and then try to hide behind made-up rules/agreements that didn't exist, and then claim that the other drivers were 100% to blame for not reacting in time to them just running their race. Does any of that sound familiar?

It's one thing to say "I screwed up" when you cause an accident.
It's another thing to hide from blame when you blatantly take someone out (or just swerve all around them in the hopes they will wreck without direct contact).

To date, I only know of two occasions where the latter was the case, and you were the culprit in both of them. That's why you are going to catch a lot of crap for incidents like in the Daytona 500 and Brickyard 500, especially if they keep occurring.

You're grasping for straws on that one Crazy. It's clear that I let off well in advance to give you time you brake. If you want to post the one at le Manns, I will say hands down that one was my fault, hence why I stopped and waited for you.

This is the difference between being given the benefit of the doubt, and not.

Crazy, you just need to admit that what you did was wrong, assure us that it won't happen again, and then actually follow through with that promise on the race track.

Anything less is just going to lead to more disagreements, and ultimately make it more difficult for you and your teammates to get help out on the track next season because of the animosity generated. I don't think you deserve that (yet), but I know your teammates don't deserve that at all.

Glad this is all out there. Hate it or leave it. I guess I get hot headed when all the races start to seem one sided. If ACDC is so good why doesn't he race regularly with us? Maybe he could earn some respect that way. Like he could show what he's got on a road course with us all.[/QUOTE
Im going to make it to all the races this season because i dont have anymore football practices

Last edited:
Ok I was wrong n wreckless. I should have moved to the left 1-1/2 seconds earlier to block properly. Ensuring that they would have slowed down and not wrecked going into me.

I don't race dirty or ever even get mad at these types of incidents outside of this series. I think maybe we all take this a little too seriously. I mean come'on what is arguing in here going to do? Nothing. Its not like AcDC n RFLX are gonna come beat my ass. And its not like I'm goin over there to lay the smack down. I always race clean n never had problems till I started racing you guys. But that's my fault. I guess I care too much about this to let it go. I thought this was over in our confidental PM's a week ago. But ACDC made that comment about luck directed towards me wrecking him. And it starts the landslide of negative comments.

I know what I did was wrong after the fact and especially now after seeing the replay. But I will have to say to that if I was unaware of this accident I caused, it can be easily seen as lapse in judgement from both racers too. Or more commonly, a racing incident. But your right I admit it and paraded it after the race. In the moment I acted on haste. I really didn't want them two flying around me once more while I was way off on my run. Sorry guys!

I have raced a lot of you guys in other series and never had problems. So I don't know how to take it, how to let it go? I will continue to race and stay humble on and off track from now on. Peace.

You guys will get some more stats tomorrow, Friday, two Saturday once in morning then night and one more sheet Sunday at noon. Then you will see me on track, probably getting passed honorably by you know who. So what happens now? Do I take the couple of licks I have coming to me and keep my mouth shut? I know I probably have one or two coming to me.

Alright, this argument seems to be at a dead end and is starting to become annoying to the rest of us. There are much worse problems in here that are better deserving of our time. How about the fact that Knelly is still running around with that butt-ugly Toyo for an avatar when he has in fact jumped ship over to the most winning brand in NASCAR, Chevrolet. I'm pretty sure he's only leaving it there to get under the skin of us die-hard Chevy fans, and I really think something should be done about it. This seems far more detrimental to the sport then some silly race argument, and I feel it should be punished accordingly. :sly:

Hey don't worry about it, as long as your able to admit your mistakes sooner to the time they happen I'm sure no one will get as mad as they were with you. 👍

Just drive hard and clean man, but I know you know when not to get involved for the sake of getting involved.

We all want you here, and want to race against you. We all have a little hot-headedness to control.

Clean and hard, just like my ... erm, I'll leave that there :sly:

Here since you like to air dirty laundry, I pulled up one of Niop's videos on his youtube. This shows his run at Monza. Watch from 9:40 to 10:42. Niop is trailing me and taps me into the Chicane, you can see I got a little loose. Then after the following turn on the little straightaway before the right hand sweeper he lays on my bumper for a second. This slides my car of the track. He even looks in reverse probably saying to himself....Did I do that? I'm done now. But my point is I didn't get all hell-bent out of shape over it and I was in second place.

Because I have fun and seek to beat you.

Me and niop had an epic battle at 9:15, i just pulled my slow a$$ over:lol:.

When Crazy_Bassist_83 introduced his Driver Rating system as a means for evaluating drivers, I got inspired. I went and started up a spreadsheet to track average finish stats for all drivers over their career, and then made more specific stats for average finish on certain tracks, and track types. Now that season two is over, we're going to unveil a new chart every weekday in our offseason. For day three, we're going to head down to Daytona Beach, checking the career average finish on the Daytona Superspeedway.

Obviously, when you collect data, you sometimes deal with small sample sizes. When you have small sample sizes, you can see where one outlier result can greatly skew data, so there are three groups represented for every chart.

Group 1 is the "regulars." These are the guys with a high number of starts, usually equal to one full season or more of participation.
Group 2 is the "part-timers." These guys have more than one start, but not usually more than what would amount to a partial season.
Group 3 are one-time only drivers. They have one start, and nothing more. Their results are basically thrown away, and not compared at all to drivers with multiple starts.

Group 1:
bPvrt.jpg

Group 2:
Fdgx7.jpg

Group 3:
Yayc8.jpg

Stay tuned for the rest of the week to see the rest of our stats charts published:
Monday: Career average finish on road courses - POSTED
Tuesday: Career average finish at Indy - POSTED
Wednesday: Career average finish at Daytona - POSTED
Thursday: Career average finish on oval courses
Friday: Career average finish in all races

I was thinking today, and I came to the conclusion that it really sucks that PD neglected to add Time Change to Daytona. Pack Racing at night is always intense and awesome. That is all.

Link

brb, picking my jaw up off the floor after watching that video.

On another note, my stats really aren't good at all. I need to fix this.

MÜLE_9242;6791390
On another note, my stats really aren't good at all. I need to fix this.

You also have a very low number of starts. One bad finish out of two, and your stats begin to sink very sharply. It's why I divide the stats out into different groups. I don't consider any stats in group 2 or group 3 very indicative of a driver's ability. Most people struggle in their first few races with a new group. This was especially true for guys that first joined in season 2, where the fields were a lot deeper and a lot more talented overall.

This upcoming season is going to add an even greater depth to our group, as we should have full 16-car grids nearly every week. A lot of people who have never finished outside the top 10 are going to finish 14th once or twice, and the stats will really start to change. The drivers that can maintain top 5 average finishes are going to really start to stand out as outstanding drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back