Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly ambitious as empty Sprint Cup seats will be most likely filled up by full-time Nationwide drivers. No harm in trying though, I recommend you try and grab a full-time or part-time seat in the Nationwide if you are sidelined in the Cup.
ok

Guys, I will try to make the shootout on the 17th, may I sub in for someone?

The Sprint Cup is full. If a Sprint Cup driver is absent, the five team owners have Nationwide Series drivers ready to fill in as a reserve driver.

See this post for all the drivers in line ahead of you:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6709003#post6709003

You need to check and see if there are any owners still looking for Nationwide drivers, or reserves for the Nationwide Series. If you can't find a seat there, you might want to try racing in the NASCAR Truck series that Furi is running.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=246056

You're going to have to start at the bottom, show you can drive clean, and work your way back up if you want to get back to the Sprint Cup.

TheSprintsLogo2.png

RACE COMEBACK OF THE SEASON​

For the driver who achieved the best comeback in any single race throughout the Season. This does not necessarily require the driver winning the race but making up a large number of places throughout. The Nominees are:

Niop's drive at Monza, following an early incident and finding himself in last place, working through the field to then become a contender for the race win.

Knelly's drive back from being span out on first lap after the straight at Sarthe, in a field of 14, to finish up 6th and closing down Niop.

Furi at Sarthe, finding himself in 10th on Lap 1 and working back to a podium finish with his 'differing' pit strategy.

Chase 4 Daytona, the second pack after the pit stop of Knelly, Crazy, Stall, Mudd and Carbon, chasing down a 20 second gap over 20 laps to catch Joe, Home and Dowhat, demonstrating great pack work around Daytona.

This turned out a ridiculously close contest between Niop at Monza and the pack chasing down the leaders at Daytona. Both were very impressive for their own reasons, Niop as a individual working through the field to get into a battle with Stall, and the pack of Knelly, Crazy, Stall and Mudd working in unision chasing down the leaders, which is what we all originally signed up to this series for. Quality Daytona runs.

And the winner by 6 to 5 in voting goes to Niop for his extraordinary performance at Monza. Watch this race back and we can all learn a lot from this performance. It was just a shame that he didn't cap it off with a win, but I believe it's going to be very difficult to beat this run in any other race we ever have.

Well done Niop, on an amazing performance. You deserve this one!

ivzpf7.png

TheSprintsLogo2.png

RACE BATTLE OF THE SEASON​

This is the final award presented for Season 2, although there will be more in Season 3.

This is for drivers who were involved in the most entertaining fight for position, whether it be at the start, middle or end of a race. To be eligible for this SPRINT, the battle has to last a minimum of 3 laps on a Road Course, or 5 on an Oval.

Niop v Stall at Monza. After Niop worked his way from last to second, then preceded to battle over at least three laps with Stall for the win, resulting in an astonishing finish with neither really wanting to cross the line due to the incident.

Joe v Mustard at Sarthe. These two battled all the way through the contest in first and second position, with pit strategy finally winning out on this one.

Knelly v Drop in Chase 1 Daytona. After the first pit and a couple of lag incidents, both were fighting each other for laps lead, until Knelly pump faked a pit to throw Drop off, and allow an easy victory.

Mustard v Mudd in the preseason Daytona, battling hard for position over 10 or so laps, before they both get a bit hot headed and take each other out.

Joe v Home Chase 5 Indy, battling the last stint fighting for second place in the Championship, with all at stake.

ACDC and Niop v The Field Chase 2 Indy, with all trying to take their 1, 2 position and lead the race. ACDC not budging off Niop throughout to stay out in front.

A lot of contenders here and the voting was very close between Niop v Stall, Joe v Mustard, Knelly v Droptop and Joe v Homeslice with two of these having two votes, and two having three votes till I put my deciding vote in.

And the winner of this last SPRINT goes to Joe and Homeslice for the battle for second place in the Championship at Indy Chase Race 5. Working together throughout for 198 miles with myself, until they were left to it to decide who would take the honours.

Thank you to all for very competitive racing throughout to make this award a very close call, and well done to Joe and Homeslice for taking the honours.

I'll let you have one final battle to decide who gets the award to put on their mantlepiece.

ivzpf7.png

When Crazy_Bassist_83 introduced his Driver Rating system as a means for evaluating drivers, I got inspired. I went and started up a spreadsheet to track average finish stats for all drivers over their career, and then made more specific stats for average finish on certain tracks, and track types. Now that season two is over, we're going to unveil a new chart every weekday in our offseason. For day four (yeah, it's late), we're going to compare the career average finish for all oval tracks (Daytona and Indy) combined.

Obviously, when you collect data, you sometimes deal with small sample sizes. When you have small sample sizes, you can see where one outlier result can greatly skew data, so there are three groups represented for every chart.

Group 1 is the "regulars." These are the guys with a high number of starts, usually equal to one full season or more of participation.
Group 2 is the "part-timers." These guys have more than one start, but not usually more than what would amount to a partial season.
Group 3 are one-time only drivers. They have one start, and nothing more. Their results are basically thrown away, and not compared at all to drivers with multiple starts.

Group 1:
wEt8C.jpg

Group 2:
CzEUV.jpg

Group 3:
8EkSG.jpg

Stay tuned for the rest of the week to see the rest of our stats charts published:
Monday: Career average finish on road courses - POSTED
Tuesday: Career average finish at Indy - POSTED
Wednesday: Career average finish at Daytona - POSTED
Thursday: Career average finish on oval courses - POSTED
Friday: Career average finish in all races - Coming later today

Didn't want to wait and start the new thrread badly so I have decided to post here.

It is with great sadness that I resign from my ownership of Red Bull Racing NASCAR. My internet connection got significantly worse over the off season after looking promising for a while. I thought it would be immature to risk lag crashes which would ruin the racing for everyone. Mule will be taking my place and will be very capable as owner.
Nice racing with you.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who voted for me in The Sprints. It's an honor to win such prestigious awards. Everyone should give Knelly a hand for putting it all together.

Funky, that's a tough break man. I was looking forward to seeing you on the track more. I hope you get things sorted and can return in the future.

What's gonna happen with Red Bull then?

Surprised nobody has posted the rather severe #99 accident from Talladega :lol:

TomMcD
What's gonna happen with Red Bull then?

Surprised nobody has posted the rather severe #99 accident from Talladega :lol:

funkyDucks pulled out and as far as I know he left ownership in the hands of mule, which is why I need to PM him..

And if Mule doesn't want ownership I'll happily take it.. (Imagine being a team owner in your rookie season :dopey:)

Funky PM'd me about it and has handed over control of Red Bull to me.

I will still be driving the Silver 2011 car full time. Matty asked me if he can take the split 2010/2011 ride (he must like Silver more than Blue) that funky has vacated.

This leaves 1 full time spot open for the blue 2010 car. I have no idea what my options are for who can take that seat. I guess I'll look at the Nationwide thread, and see if I can contact people I know.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me, I guess.

When Crazy_Bassist_83 introduced his Driver Rating system as a means for evaluating drivers, I got inspired. I went and started up a spreadsheet to track average finish stats for all drivers over their career, and then made more specific stats for average finish on certain tracks, and track types. Now that season two is over, we're going to unveil a new chart every weekday in our offseason. As a bonus, to make up for being a few days late with posting stats, we're going to look at career average finishes for all exhibition races. Because there are so few exhibition races run so far, we don't have a group 2 for this data set.

Obviously, when you collect data, you sometimes deal with small sample sizes. When you have small sample sizes, you can see where one outlier result can greatly skew data, so there are three groups represented for every chart.

Group 1 is the "regulars." These are the guys with a high number of starts, usually equal to one full season or more of participation.
Group 2 is the "part-timers." These guys have more than one start, but not usually more than what would amount to a partial season.
Group 3 are one-time only drivers. They have one start, and nothing more. Their results are basically thrown away, and not compared at all to drivers with multiple starts.

Group 1:
EvBem.jpg

Group 3:
Mk54j.jpg

Stay tuned for the rest of the week to see the rest of our stats charts published:
Friday: Career average finish in exhibition races - POSTED
Saturday BONUS #1: Career average finish in Regular Season races - Coming later today
Saturday BONUS #2: Career average finish in Chase races - Coming later today
Saturday: Career average finish in all races - Coming later today

I'm sorry to hear your backing out of the ownership, FunkyD. I was really looking forward to seeing how you handled the RedBull team. I think we all owe Funky some thanks for realizing that he has connection issues and doing something about it before it takes a toll on our series, much respect for that. I hope you can figure out a remedy for your connection issues and be a contender in here soon. Now I'm a little torn, because I'm also excited to see Mule at an owner position. He's gonna be a real asset to our series, plenty of league racing experience and a great racer, too. As I recall, he bested me a couple times in a 'smaller' race car series some time ago, I'm looking forward to redeeming myself in these much heavier monsters. :D

When Crazy_Bassist_83 introduced his Driver Rating system as a means for evaluating drivers, I got inspired. I went and started up a spreadsheet to track average finish stats for all drivers over their career, and then made more specific stats for average finish on certain tracks, and track types. Now that season two is over, we're going to unveil a new chart every weekday in our offseason. As a bonus, to make up for being a few days late with posting stats, we're going to look at career average finishes for the regular season, and career average finishes for the Chase.

Group 1:
4QlGy.jpg

Group 2:
SkkYJ.jpg

Group 3:
ypN1A.jpg

Group 1, 2, and 3:
y6E7O.jpg

Saturday BONUS #1: Career average finish in Regular Season races - POSTED
Saturday BONUS #2: Career average finish in Chase races - POSTED
Saturday: Career average finish in all races - Coming later today

When Crazy_Bassist_83 introduced his Driver Rating system as a means for evaluating drivers, I got inspired. I went and started up a spreadsheet to track average finish stats for all drivers over their career, and then made more specific stats for average finish on certain tracks, and track types. Now that season two is over, we're going to unveil a new chart every weekday in our offseason. For our final category, we're going to look at career average finishes for every single points race, 27 in total over our first two seasons.

Group 1:
Bo99k.jpg

Group 2:
BAMaD.jpg

Group 3:
RPN84.jpg

All stats have now been published. If you missed one, follow the links below to find it:
Saturday BONUS #1: Career average finish in Regular Season races - POSTED
Saturday BONUS #2: Career average finish in Chase races - POSTED
Saturday: Career average finish in all races - POSTED

Last edited:

Race Report @ Daytona Winter Testing

Last night's Daytona Winter Testing Race proved to be an exciting and intriguing encounter with two major wrecks at the start and finish that would ultimately decide the outcome and leave the track clear for Carbonox to claim his first oval win in a Nascar. Congratulations to him.

Lap 1: On entering Turn 3, Chqr moved to the outside to allow for the shifting inside lane to move ahead. As Chqr moved to the outside, Joe in the #43 came with him and on the inside a middle lane caught momentum with fastfox400 in the #11. We were 3-wide entering Turn 4 when Chqr was squeezed and tagged fastfox400 into the wall. Both cars managed to carry on safely. However, Joe and the outside lane checked up but the inside lane kept on full throttle. Joe through no fault of his own was hit and as he crashed, he lagged severely wiping out himself, Dave, Chqr, Filipe and others.

Lap 50: fastfox400 was on the outside on the backstretch when Tom was catching at a fast rate of knots and went to the outside of fastfox with a car-width's room between the #11 and the outside. fastfox did not yield to Tom's faster #99 and lightly squeezed him causing the #99 to tag the #11 and causing him to spin around catching ACDC's #20 and Joe's lapped #43. That left the track free for the #24 to take the win.

Given these two wrecks, especially the first one. Race directors Tom and Chqr ask for all drivers to be extremely vigilant if a crash is occuring up ahead and not be afraid to check-up and slow down. We also drivers to be considerate of others and give each other room especially in the early stages of the race. Of course, wrecks are inevitable at Daytona but we'd like to think Lap 1 wrecks are avoidable. I'd also like to thank fastfox for an incredible save on Lap 43. I am concerned however for jazza96uk who could enter the race due to a lobby glitch where he was left on the loading screen. Hopefully this can be solved for next Saturday.

With 12 cars starting the race, there was not too much lag. I do not believe lag caused the Lap 1 crash but lag only increasing the severity of the crash.

This was my first ever GTP Online Hosted Race and in my book, it was highly successful. 👍

Chqr

Race Results @ Daytona Winter Testing

Points in preseason races do not go towards the Championship.

33y1351.png

Drivers' Championship

33xbqmt.png

Owners' Championship

dwfclg.png

Just a thought guys; what's happening with timing for the races up until the UK's clocks go forward at the end of the month?

As in, what time will the races be GMT? 👍

EDIT: I would suggest sticking with the same GMT time (9 o'clock room opening) so that the Cup doesn't clash with the Nationwide which is sticking to a 6 o'clock room opening. If you moved the Cup back an hour to 8, the NW races would run into it. Here's what I propose until the end of March...

- NATIONWIDE: Room open 2pm EST, Race at 3pm EST until 4/5pm. (Hour later due to daylight saving time in US, this is the normal race schedule in the UK, no change)

- SPRINT CUP: Room open 5pm EST, Race at 6pm EST. (Just an hour later than usual for you Americans, but the same time for us Brits again)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back