VCRC: Ginetta G4 ‘64 Custom Track Tour - Congrats ID_Racing!

I just tried collecting all the different tracks, but couldn't get SCC Lindenmier as cc570 is sharing a different track.

mike, I can put Lindenmier up for sharing in about 30 minutes time, from the ID_racing account. Send me an FR.

SCC Lindenmier is now shared at ID_racing

Last edited:
If I can find the car can I still get into this? Sounds excellent. My only regret is that I just found this event.

I can't make it to this event. I am going to be working on my car IRL, unfortunately. Apmaddock, I can send the car that was gifted to me for the event. Send a FR if you haven't received one from me.

Sorry to all, I was really hoping to be there for this.

I can't make it to this event. I am going to be working on my car IRL, unfortunately. Apmaddock, I can send the car that was gifted to me for the event. Send a FR if you haven't received one from me.

Sorry to all, I was really hoping to be there for this.

There are worse things than getting your hands greasy in your own car.

Thanks for letting me have the car. I hope it looks good in Green Go and yellow.

Not going to make it :grumpy:

I hate being tied up with college things. Sorry, 100% I'll be at the next. Not usually so unreliable :(

apmaddock, sent the car finally. Sorry for not giving you much time to test, best of luck.

Changing ball joints isn't too bad when you know folks with the right tools. It's even better when they are there to give instruction and get a good laugh at your expense.:lol:

I will review the schedules and see what I might be able to commit to.

See you all next time.

Just got the car. Thanks, dike.

I also just sent the FRs to the VCRC and the guys with the maps. Hopefully everything comes together in time, though I doubt I'll have much time to practice the courses.

Guess I'll learn in qualifying!

This sounds like a great group. Next time I'll have things together with a little more time to waste.

YOU MAY JOIN THE VCRC LOUNGE FOR WARM-UP

I will be along in a few minutes.

We'll get started with qualifying as soon as all slated to arrive, arrive & are ready to race. 👍

1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Go Mango & gold
  2. cc570 / cc570 / yellow
  3. turbogeit / turbogeit / tbd
  4. jackargent / jackargent / Matte Black & orange
  5. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / red
  6. mike 5927 / mike_5927 / tbd
  7. ID_racing / ID_racing / tbd
  8. Apmaddock / Apmaddock / Green Go & Yellow

MANY APOLOGIES for the problems with the switch to Daylight Savings Time!!
:boggled: :grumpy: :( :crazy: :mad: :( :boggled:

Great races, everybody.

Some comments:

-Lindenmier and Manja Bene are difficult without race line (if you don't know the track very well, because track is such large)
- I have the impression that Aso-tracks fit very well to small not too powerful cars and still permit clean passing.
- Could be interesting to try this car again on soft comforts.

Results

1. ID_racing / ID_racing / bright yellow (47pts)
  2. mike 5927 / mike_5927 / charcoal (46pts)
  3. Apmaddock / Apmaddock / Green Go & Yellow (40pts)
  4. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Go Mango & gold (39pts)
  5. jackargent / jackargent / Matte Black & orange (33pts)
  6. turbogeit / turbogeit / white (26pts)
  7. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / red (21pts)
  8. cc570 / cc570 / light yellow (11pts)

Race #1:
5 laps @ SCC Lindenmier (eifel circuit by cc570)

1. ID_racing / ID_racing / bright yellow
  2. mike 5927 / mike_5927 / charcoal
  3. Apmaddock / Apmaddock / Green Go & Yellow
  4. turbogeit / turbogeit / white
  5. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Go Mango & gold
  6. jackargent / jackargent / Matte Black & orange
  7. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / red

Race #2:
10 laps @ Manja Bene (toscana tarmac by cc570)

1. mike 5927 / mike_5927 / charcoal
  2. ID_racing / ID_racing / bright yellow
  3. Apmaddock / Apmaddock / Green Go & Yellow
  4. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Go Mango & gold
  5. jackargent / jackargent / Matte Black & orange
  6. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / red

Race #3:
15 laps @ Aso Dijon Short (mt. aso tarmac by turbogeit)

1. ID_racing / ID_racing / bright yellow
  2. mike 5927 / mike_5927 / charcoal
  3. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Go Mango & gold
  4. turbogeit / turbogeit / white
  5. Apmaddock / Apmaddock / Green Go & Yellow
  6. cc570 / cc570 / light yellow
  7. jackargent / jackargent / Matte Black & orange

Congratulations ID_Racing.

I am really pleased with second, as I didn't do any practice in the G4. The first track, I had driven half a lap. Manja Bene, I had raced a few times yesterday in the split class races. But the last track, I had never driven on it until the race started. (I didn't get any practice in the warm-up as i had to call my GF)

Overall it was clean, fair racing by all. I know I made a couple of overtakes I am proud of. (I also made a few mistakes i'm not proud of)

thanks mike, and to watermelon and the trackcreators for setting this up. It's a really fun car to drive, I had practiced some laps at Lindenmier earlier, doing a best lap of 3:12, but to beat mike, I had to pull a couple of low 3:06´s. Somehow that happened. The leading 3 cars exchanged positions a couple of times in the first laps, great clean and close racing, and it seemed it was the driver who made the fewest mistakes who would eventually pull ahead.
Manja Bene I knew from the Stratos race, but to me, all the corners look the same, and I started out slow making a lot of mistakes, but picked up speed and confidence in the middle of the race, managed to pass watermelon, then I went after Apmaddock whom I managed to overtake with a few laps to go, but mike was too fast and too far ahead to even get close to. Finishing second was not bad for me on that track!
Third race started with close but very clean battling between 5 or 6 cars, the replay is very enjoyable to watch! On the first lap I managed to stay out of trouble and defend my lines so going into lap 2 I was second behind turbo. He slowed down a bit into the first righthander on the second lap and I managed to overtake on the outside. I kept adding to my lead until the last 3-4 laps when I noticed mike closing in. With a best lap of 1:19.6xx, and most laps +1:21.xxx I knew I was not the fastest driver , but I calculated that with my 9 sec lead and only 3 laps to go, I could slow down a bit, drive very cautiously and hopefully still be in the lead when I crossed the finishline.

Last edited:
20120313g4tracktour01s.jpg

20120313g4tracktour02s.jpg

20120313g4tracktour03s.jpg

20120313g4tracktour04s.jpg

20120313g4tracktour05s.jpg

20120313g4tracktour06s.jpg

20120313g4tracktour07s.jpg

20120313g4tracktour08s.jpg

20120313g4tracktour09s.jpg

20120313g4tracktour10s.jpg

20120313g4tracktour11s.jpg