VCRC: Ginetta G4 ‘64 Custom Track Tour - Congrats ID_Racing!

Just a note:

SCC Lindenmier (eifel circuit by cc570)
SHARED ON PSN: cc570

Manja Bene (toscana by cc570)
SHARED ON PSN: VCRC

Aso Dijon Short (mt. aso by turbogeit)
SHARED ON PSN: wat3rm370n

Wednesday March 7th @ 12pm PST / 3pm EST / 8pm GMT / 9pm CET

Definitely ready for this!!

Planned practice races:

3 laps @ SCC Lindenmier

5 laps @ Manja Bene

8 laps @ Aso Dijon Short

....maybe.. :mischievous:

sigh.gif

:lol:

I did some more testing at the Dijon track, but I couldnt get that last uphill strange corner combo right. Adding my best sectors, I would be doing low 1:19´s but in 22 of 24 laps that corner alone cost me 1,5 sec!! I hope its because I have the flu.

The car is matte yellow, but the paintjob has turned out a bit greenish? not really pretty, and PD wont refund me my money, so I'm going with : sickly greenish-yellow (matte) and matte dark grey rims. I imagine we are still allowed : wheels, right?

Last edited:
Seems everyone has been sick lately! :(
sick.gif

That last hinky uphill turn before the straight... it's just tricky. My car is almost always either unsettled at the top of the hill, or after exiting the turn onto the straight. I can never get through there without having the car get unsettled at least a bit!

But try the car on Ji-Feurre at least once. :lol: :sly:
g4ji-feurre09s.jpg

The 1st uphill turns are killers!

Suddenly that last turn on Aso Dijon Short looks like a picnic in the park! :D

(And be sure to get better soon ID!)

Will do as soon as I can get the TV from my two-year-old daughter. Funny thing is she's not even watching it, but if I try and change it she'll take exception as though I'd cracked her piggy bank and made off with the monies.

That said, thanks for the wheels! I'll try and not hose it up on the track like I did at the '54 Benz race.

I think the G4 handles much nicer than the 54 Merc.
That's an odd car.
They both have snoot pointing issues. But the G4, being so light, is a bit more agreeable for inputs - at least to me.

Will do as soon as I can get the TV from my two-year-old daughter. Funny thing is she's not even watching it, but if I try and change it she'll take exception as though I'd cracked her piggy bank and made off with the monies.

That said, thanks for the wheels! I'll try and not hose it up on the track like I did at the '54 Benz race.

I sent you the G4 about an hour ago, good luck.

I've made a horrible miscalculation with time zones. :dunce: :guilty: :dopey: :boggled: :crazy: :dunce:

Have I mentioned recently how I hate time zones and how much they confuse me?? :boggled: :crazy:

Well, apparently the USA decides to switch to Daylight Savings Time 2 weeks earlier than Europe now... :grumpy:
So for the next 2 weeks, the time difference is... well, different. Which effects our schedule.

So we have 3 choices really. And I would really like to pick the choice that works for everyone, if at all possible!!!!

Tuesday March 13th (same day, phew *sigh*)

Original Schedule:
12pm PST / 3pm EST / 8pm GMT / 9pm CET
(which is a problem because we're not PST & EST anymore)

New Proposal #1
1pm PDT / 4pm EDT / 8pm GMT / 9pm CET

👍 watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
👍 ID_Racing / ID_Racing

New Proposal #2
12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET

👍 ID_Racing / ID_Racing

or a compromise:

New Proposal #3
12:30pm PDT / 3:30pm EDT / 7:30pm GMT / 8:30pm CET

👍 ID_Racing / ID_Racing

Please weigh in, and we'll see if we can reschedule & make this work.

SORRY!!!!
sigh.gif

Last edited:
I can do all 3 times, no problemos, and it's not your fault that they switch to daylight savings time. Or at least, I don't think so.

Thanks for your patience & understanding.

I had no clue until a few hours ago!!

This has been happening because for most of my life, it was much later in March, like Europe. And it's only been in recent years, this came to change so early in March.

And well, it always confused me. And now thinking about time zones AND daylight savings time... It's even more confusing. :boggled:

I wish I could just think in UTC military style time or something...
But then I'd be even more confused. :boggled: :lol:

Can we do oil change on these? I'm not sure if it violates the no tuning policy? 👍 👎 :scared: :lol:

Original Schedule:
12pm PST / 3pm EST / 8pm GMT / 9pm CET
(which is a problem because we're not PST & EST anymore)

New Proposal #1
1pm PDT / 4pm EDT / 8pm GMT / 9pm CET

👍 ID_Racing / ID_Racing

New Proposal #2
12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET

👍 ID_Racing / ID_Racing
👍 anotherdike / anotherdike

or a compromise:

New Proposal #3
12:30pm PDT / 3:30pm EDT / 7:30pm GMT / 8:30pm CET

👍 ID_Racing / ID_Racing
👍 anotherdike / anotherdike

Please weigh in, and we'll see if we can reschedule & make this work.

SORRY!!!!
sigh.gif

Can we do oil change on these? I'm not sure if it violates the no tuning policy? 👍 👎 :scared: :lol:

Yes you can do oil change & engine rebuild & body refresh or whatever its called.

Yes...
oil change, engine rebuild, chassis restoration, wheels, & paint are allowed

Here's a page in the VCRC forum I made to try and cover everything about "Tuning: Prohibited"
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=2612
It's as accurate as... well, as I have tested things.

Did some Ginetta practice in my own lobby yesterday, seemed like I had missed the fact that a bunch of Alpine enthusiasts were ripping up Eiger in the VCRC lounge at that same time..:) . I pulled a 3:12.413, but the Lindenmier track is great and really fast if you find the right lines. I'll give it a go again tonight, same time in the VCRC lounge. Pop in if ya all have some time.

"I'm planning some practice for the Ginetta race tonight at around 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET at SCS Lindenmier, but if theres people enough joining in, we could do some testraces at all 3 tracks."

Last edited:
I just tried collecting all the different tracks, but couldn't get SCC Lindenmier as cc570 is sharing a different track.

Back