C-ZETA's car reviews - C-ZETA Awards 2012 - 21/12/12

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 754 comments
Really? The BRZ is a high performance car with a lower centre of gravity than a Porsche Cayman and a Ferrari 458 Italia. It sells for around $26,000 and can outperform just about any car around the corners. It deserves to be rated a "sub-zero" because it is really the second high performance Subaru made.

Really? The BRZ is a high performance car with a lower centre of gravity than a Porsche Cayman and a Ferrari 458 Italia. It sells for around $26,000 and can outperform just about any car around the corners. It deserves to be rated a "sub-zero" because it is really the second high performance Subaru made.

The GT86 is sub-zero. But we're doing the BRZ, and it's a Subaru. That is bad.

The A310 needs to be in a special golden freezer marked "Yebisu". :D

DK
The A310 needs to be in a special golden freezer marked "Yebisu". :D

The Hotpoint Freezer? Look, it looks fit and it's a TV star, but it's not at the level of the RX-7 LM #00. Ever. If it were covered with, like sexy girls, then definitely- oh wait no. Girls make stuff hot. :boggled:

C-ZETA
Yes it is, but I'm a Mitsu fan!!! :dopey:

But I will defend the mighty BRZ, he will crush a new Eclipse GT AWD (5gen?) :mischievous:

Yes, I'm a Subie guy! GO BOXER 4!!! :D

But if BRZ against a Lan Evo?........

Challenge Accepted.

C-ZETA
The Hotpoint Freezer? Look, it looks fit and it's a TV star, but it's not at the level of the RX-7 LM #00. Ever. If it were covered with, like sexy girls, then definitely- oh wait no. Girls make stuff hot. :boggled:

No dude, Girls in bikinis and high heels ARE hot. ;) :lol:

But I will defend the mighty BRZ, he will crush a new Eclipse GT AWD (5gen?) :mischievous:

No dude, Girls in bikinis and high heels ARE hot. ;) :lol:

They already said the last Eclipse is the last Eclipse.

Exactly. That's why they make cars look hot.

C-ZETA
They already said the last Eclipse is the last Eclipse.

Exactly. That's why they make cars look hot.

Awwww, that's sucks. I wish they would make another Eclipse though. :(

But the BRZ lives though. :D *troll face* :lol:

Hey do you know some of the hot import models bro? ;)

AMAZING REVIEWS! The cool wall is good but why you no like brz?!?
video-subaru-brz-gt300.html

uMadson?
He a Mitsubishi fanboi, homie. :lol:

Why? What have they done in the last 10 years? They killed the evo so it's now (like the impreza) boring. And don't say wrc. One word for you if you do CITROEN :-P

Why? What have they done in the last 10 years?

I liked the Evo a lot when I first drove in it and as a result I immediately decided to take up on more of Mitsu's creations and also decided I should hate Subaru for obvious reasons.

C-ZETA
I liked the Evo a lot when I first drove in it and as a result I immediately decided to take up on more of Mitsu's creations and also decided I should hate Subaru for obvious reasons.

The age of the evo is over. Bring in the brz

Subaru has done so much more in the past few years than Mitsubishi. Therefore, it is impossible to compare the modern, fun to drive Subarus with the 10 year old Mitsubishis

What's your next review :3

I have been considering the RUF CTR Yellow Bird, since today I found out that it is, in fact, the greatest drifter I have ever owned. Haven't gotten pics or anything yet though, I went and did the AC review almost straight after my first drive of it actually :lol:

C-ZETA
I have been considering the RUF CTR Yellow Bird, since today I found out that it is, in fact, the greatest drifter I have ever owned. Haven't gotten pics or anything yet though, I went and did the AC review almost straight after my first drive of it actually :lol:

DARG. Porsche (wait no) when can we expect it? :3

Editz: tribute to Ferdinand Porsche

Last edited:

Or you test the Trololvo.... :D

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87
Warning - Extreme Sliding Present!! Look Out For Approaching Corners!

NrburgringNordschleife_6-4.jpg

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87
Stats

Power: 470bhp
Weight: 1150kg
Price: 236,630 Cr.
Prize: No
0-60: 4.248 seconds
0-100: 8.062 seconds
¼ mile: 12.137 seconds
1 mile: 29.004 seconds
Max Speed: 197.4mph
Max G-Force: 0.72G
Drivetrain: RR

So then, welcome to one of five birds in this game. This one is yellow, like a canary. Problem is, you can paint it. Which begs the question:

3on6g8.jpg

I mean, Blackbird is an awesome name - it's the name of the fastest plane in the world. Bluebird...less so, I mean, you don't want this thing sharing a name with a Nissan. Purplebird...doesn't quite work. Pinkbird...what are you doing painting this thing pink?

NrburgringNordschleife_5-4.jpg

Enough of that silliness now, because this car is also very silly to drive. If you haven't heard about it yet, you will now, because what I will say is that this is...one of the best drifters in the game. Provided you use throttle control.

This is the least beginner friendly car in the entire of history, with the way this thing slides and tosses and turns and crashes and kills and...whatever. I'm not sure why exactly one would ask for Premium Porsches even now, I mean, surely this is a good enough representation of what one does, no?! :crazy:

NrburgringNordschleife_4-4.jpg

This car also made RUF a true name. I quote, from the Forza (!!! :scared:) website:

In 1987 RUF debuted the iconic RUF CTR, better known as the 'Yellowbird.' This limited-edition, 469 horsepower, twin-turbo coupe beat the world speed record for production cars at 212 mph (342 km/h), prompting Road & Track to liken it to 'mercury on a Teflon skillet.'

It didn't hit 212 in this game, sure, but even so, that is one heck of a description.

Indeed, when this thing does reach a straight line and inevitably stops sliding, it is very fast. The twin turbos give it very good acceleration, and it manages superb 0-100s and 1/4 mile times. 197mph is definitely not slow in any regard either. That being said, on the subject of speed...

NrburgringNordschleife_3-7.jpg

Gasp...it's not sliding!!! :eek:

...we now go back to sliding. ...At speed.

On this run of taking photos, I slid at the corner that ends Dottinger Hohe at 181mph. And Schwedenkreuz is literally impossible to get round in it (not that it isn't bad enough normally) - I slowed down probably 200m in advance, which I usually do in every other car mostly there, but really, fast corners are this thing's weakness - because you never know what the Yellow Bird will do there, ever.

NrburgringNordschleife_2-7.jpg

I do really like this thing a lot though. It really is not as bad as everyone says. And this particular generation of 911 is one of my favourites - better than the newer ones certainly (not that I'm saying stuff like the CTR2 and RGT are bad - they're both very good). The 911 seems to be better the older it is - perhaps because of how old the design is and how it might well not work today, or something. As much as I consistently read Jeremy Clarkson's comments on the 911, I do say I certainly do not mind the 911 as a general series of cars.

NrburgringNordschleife_1-10.jpg

So then, this is what spurs on the lack of Porsches in this game. This thing is great fun, if nearly impossible to keep on its leash. This ain't no bird, my friends. It's more of a Yellow Explosion. And no, you do not have permission to tune it. Unless you make it matte black and handle well with max power. In which case, my friends, you have a BlackBird.

NrburgringNordschleife-8.jpg

Look at that, it's even sliding backwards now. Silly little thing.

R.I.P Ferdinand Alexander Porsche (11 December 1935 – 5 April 2012)
ferdinand_porsche.jpg.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

Final Score: 15/20

Pictures and writing by C-ZETA

Last edited:
Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85
Brought to you by Car of the Week, featuring silly rally cars that are almost physics defying

ToscanaTarmac_2-8.jpg

Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85
Stats

Power: 456bhp
Weight: 890kg
Price: 2,000,000 Cr.
Prize: Yes (Trofeo Gallardo A-Spec)
0-60: 3.019 seconds
0-100: 6.589 seconds
¼ mile: 11.026 seconds
1 mile: 28.666 seconds
Max Speed: 154.0mph
Max G-Force: 1.07G
Drivetrain: 4WD

Welcome then to the fastest rally car in this game. This is the Delta S4, and it is very potent.

However, it is quite odd among rally cars. The fact is, that despite it being 4WD, it doesn't really work offroad. This is not simply down to the very extreme stats of the car itself, but also down to the fact that this an mid-engined car.

In case you didn't notice, I am sliding in that first picture. That would give you a hint to its nature of craziness. I'm sure that the mid-engine means the drift forum would take this up at least somewhat well, but I doubt they'd be smart enough to see too much potential in this.

ToscanaTarmac_1-11.jpg

The Delta is also very fast in a straight line...but not as fast as it is in real life. In real life it 0-60 in some 2.6 seconds on gravel. Here it does 0-60 in 3 on tarmac. Still, impressive time regardless.

Of course, as a rally car of this caliber, it is hopeless at the top end, given that as an extra powerful rally car, you would expect the top speed to be put at least a little higher. But apparently not.

Still, I'll say it again, this is the fastest rally car in the game, or at least the highest on my personal tier list for such cars in the game. (I haven't tried the 205 Turbo Evo2 in this game yet: I'm presuming it's very evil too.)

ToscanaTarmac-13.jpg

This, however, is not my favourite Group B car in this game. As a matter of fact, none of the ones in this game are. Because one key figure (plus another one actually) is missing from the cast.

1982_Lancia-Rally_037_Gruppo_B_1982-03-400x300.jpg

Meet Lancia's rally creation before the Delta S4 came about - the 037 Stradale. This thing is epic. This was the last RWD rally car to win a WRC title - beating out Audi's 4WD sport Quattro S1 (the other missing figure from this game), and it just filled with character in every way. This is, quite possibly, my favourite Italian car of all time, and probably in effect one of my top 20 - maybe even 10 - favourite cars. I am sure the world of GT would welcome this thing well, and I'm sure GTPlanet's community would love this thing to bits.

Not to discount from the Delta S4 in any way, of course - it is still a very good car that can surprise many. It's just that, for being the best of Group B in this game, it is not good enough.

Final Score: 13/20

Pictures and writing by C-ZETA

Last edited:
Back