Seasonal Tuning Challenge 1: Nurb time trial! Testing done by 5/2!

Yes…but then it's also rather slow. :lol: And just so you know, DB, this guy is in as well. :P

... but my tune isn't finalized yet. :lol:

also, I wonder if I can rope in two more friends of mine, it's already 4/24 in here and I doubt anyone can come up with a good tune just in a single day...

Updated to here! I'm not gonna be too strict on the time for getting tunes up since there are so few. If you need a few extra hours to tweak and finalize there should be no problem.

I am going to try to do my normal style review since there should be plenty of time. Going to go run a stock baseline in a few minutes. 💡

And krenky! Throw something together, my friend! Even if it isn't super awesome you still get a free car out of it. Or let Kate tune it for you since she's pretty good behind the wheel. :D:tup:

well, is an extended deadline possible?

I mean, there are very few tuners and I can have a friend join the fray :3

I'll try and get a tune posted and the car shared today...:drool:

Never really looked at this car before...not even sure why I bought it originally...may have been a passing idea for CSLACRs 600PP Indy shootout not sure...nope that can't be it since we didn't allow race cars...:confused::odd::lol:

Well, I've driven 2 of the 4 tuners' cars, mine and madboi's, and I have to say, this would be a close one. Our tuning newboi's car is actually not bad at all. Certainly better than my sodding Eclipse. :lol:

So, the battle of the Goof Patrol is in…T-Minus 24 hours on this side of the world, starting……

NAO!

I'll try and get a tune posted and the car shared today...:drool:

Never really looked at this car before...not even sure why I bought it originally...may have been a passing idea for CSLACRs 600PP Indy shootout not sure...nope that can't be it since we didn't allow race cars...:confused::odd::lol:

It's the only premium DTM car, perhaps that's why you have one? That or you won it somewhere.

well, is an extended deadline possible?

I mean, there are very few tuners and I can have a friend join the fray :3

I suppose I can extend the deadline for tunes to Saturday. That should still be plenty of time for late tunes to be tested. Let's go with that.

Well, I've driven 2 of the 4 tuners' cars, mine and madboi's, and I have to say, this would be a close one.

Since it is the same car the times should all be pretty close. At least that is what I am expecting.

If you've run Bob through the Nurb 4hr, that's why you have it. 👍

So I ran a quick 5 laps in one of these bone stock. Easy to get gold but a bit painful to drive. Looking forward to seeing what the tunes do to it. 💡

Haven't had bob do any endurance races.
By the way I'm having second thoughts about tuning this thing...spent the last hour running into the barriers on the first part of the ring, reminded me of what a lousy driver I am and why I don't do the higher PP time trials.:drool:

Hard to tune a car when you can't even clear the first 3 sectors without running off track and slamming into something. Not the cars fault, just a horrible driver earning the name Wallbanger all over again.:dunce:

Haven't had bob do any endurance races.
By the way I'm having second thoughts about tuning this thing...spent the last hour running into the barriers on the first part of the ring, reminded me of what a lousy driver I am and why I don't do the higher PP time trials.:drool:

Hard to tune a car when you can't even clear the first 3 sectors without running off track and slamming into something. Not the cars fault, just a horrible driver earning the name Wallbanger all over again.:dunce:

The opposite can be said for me though - I have problems at the corners between Pflanzgarten II and Schwalbenschwanz. Or the series of corners between Hohe Acht and Schwalbenschwanz to be broad. :lol:

The opposite can be said for me though - I have problems at the corners between Pflanzgarten II and Schwalbenschwanz. Or the series of corners between Hohe Acht and Schwalbenschwanz to be broad. :lol:
Generally on the ring if I can clear the first 3 sectors I'll be okay. Like I said its not so much the car its me. Just can't seem to keep up with the speed.:drool:

Will spend a little time messing with it over the next few days as I was getting the handling closer to how I like it, but no guarantees on a tune. I play the game for fun and relaxation usually and right now fighting both the car and track are neither.:(

Why couldn't this have been something cool like 350PP I-MIEVs on Comfort Softs?:crazy::lol:

Tune it at Trial Mountain or Deep Forest first, then see how it goes on the Nurburgring after. Saves some frustration. :P
Why couldn't this have been something cool like 350PP I-MIEVs on Comfort Softs?:crazy::lol:

Because i-MiEV's only reach 306PP max. :lol:

Tune it at Trial Mountain or Deep Forest first, then see how it goes on the Nurburgring after. Saves some frustration. :P

Because i-MiEV's only reach 306PP max. :lol:
Yeah was planning to do that, just needed to find out what the restrictions were and the target time. I've only managed that sort of time on the ring a few times and that was when I was really in the mood to run it. Like I said its not the car its the driver.:drool:

As far as the I-Miev max PP I had no idea what it was. I have a bone stock one I've ran around the ring in a few times just for fun.:crazy: At those kinds of speeds I can handle it and I learned a lot about the track doing it that I'd missed with faster cars.:odd::lol:

DigitalBaka
And krenky! Throw something together, my friend! Even if it isn't super awesome you still get a free car out of it. Or let Kate tune it for you since she's pretty good behind the wheel. :D:tup:

A free car, and the first tune from my daughter. :lol:... not going to happen :(. She likes to drive, not try and figure out how to tune it... yet :)

But I may have something to put up later today... sorry to those who test, but free car, come on :D

Just one question - Why force an oil change?
The light doesn't come on nor the power drop for over 3,000 miles, and it takes nothing to not change the oil, it's not like driving a car 5,000 miles to lower the power, this can be done more easily than the "standard" of having the oil changed.

Just don't understand it, that's all.

Just one question - Why force an oil change?
The light doesn't come on nor the power drop for over 3,000 miles, and it takes nothing to not change the oil, it's not like driving a car 5,000 miles to lower the power, this can be done more easily than the "standard" of having the oil changed.

Just don't understand it, that's all.

I asked about this before. It's not that he's forcing you to do an oil change, but if you have changed the oil to gain extra power, then you must make sure that oil isn't going to go bad during testing.

I know I said I was not going to compete, but...soooo....erm... well I'm in, and this is a car that hates me, but for entering I get a free car :D which I will deline. not my best tune, but it still may be last fast :dopey:
Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08 "NTA Edition"

nrburgringnordschleifei.jpg

kyotoshorenin1a.jpg

Found in the New Car Dealership

645bhp
600pp
491 ft. lb. @5800 RPM of torque
weight 1483 Kg

parts

Auto
Oil Change
Paint - Super White Pearl Mica
weight Reduction
None
Engine
Stage 3
Intake
Stock
Exhaust
Stock
Turbo
None
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Racing Hard (R1)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce - Front - 25 Rear -50
Weight Adjustment - 135 @ 35
LSD- 6/9/5

GearingIn this order please
Top Speed - 143
Final - 2.075
1st - 4.390
2nd - 3.235
3rd - 2.515
4th - 2.070
5th - 1.720
6th - 1.429

Ride Hight - Front: -2 Rear: 7
Spring Rate- Front: 12.9 Rear: 14.0
Extention- Front: 8 Rear: 8
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 4
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 3 Rear: 3
Camber- Front: 1.5 Rear: 2.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.20 Rear: 0.15
Brakes- Front: 8 Rear: 5

TUNER NOTES -
I hope you kissed your love ones good-bye :scared:

nrburgringnordschleife1to.jpg

I like this, me and Andre's car are contrasting in colour, and you two have the all whites...should make for a very pretty finish line. :lol:

I like this, me and Andre's car are contrasting in colour, and you two have the all whites...should make for a very pretty finish line. :lol:
Well since I painted mine in that greenish gold color change paint from Toyota it will be colorful indeed. At least if I get "Sick Puppy" actually tuned enough to post it.:drool:

As long as everyone can wait for my car to get there :dopey:

Well since I painted mine in that greenish gold color change paint from Toyota it will be colorful indeed. At least if I get "Sick Puppy" actually tuned enough to post it.:drool:

Sick Puppy! :lol: just post it. It can't be worse then mine. Trust me :yuck:

Sick Puppy! :lol: just post it. It can't be worse then mine. Trust me :yuck:
I'm actually considering reducing the aero to minimum values and giving it as much HP as I can...:crazy:

Yeah that might just be what the doctor ordered...more powwaahh!:scared:

and despite the contrasting color, we're both gonna double-team you whitebois... :mischievous:

and despite the contrasting color, we're both gonna double-team you whitebois... :mischievous:

Well…if you're going to far on your debut…I guess I'll have to say it…we bring the ISF Fire Sisters to this challenge! :lol:

Did I do that right? :lol: Or were we going to do Lexusmonogatari?

Anyway…my tune is going to be posted tomorrow or Friday, since I've just been playing with gear ratios as I know I can't get the desired results. And from what I've seen on Andre's side…you testers are all gonna get Tsudere'd* by his ISF if he makes the wrong choice. :lol:

*google is your friend. Do it.

Well…if you're going to far on your debut…I guess I'll have to say it…we bring the ISF Fire Sisters to this challenge! :lol:

Did I do that right? :lol: Or were we going to do Lexusmonogatari?

Anyway…my tune is going to be posted tomorrow or Friday, since I've just been playing with gear ratios as I know I can't get the desired results. And from what I've seen on Andre's side…you testers are all gonna get Tsudere'd* by his ISF if he makes the wrong choice. :lol:

*google is your friend. Do it.

wow... you're such an obsessed otaku :lol: and I only said that the Fire Sisters is a go. :lol:

Looks like it's going to be #VIPDTM vs Fire Sisters. You ladies will be out-classed. :P

Latest Posts

Back