Seasonal Tuning Challenge 1: Nurb time trial! Testing done by 5/2!

Roj's IS-F RC600: 6:57.862
I would have beaten my best time on the TT if it wasn't for a spin that cost me a time of about 5 to 10 seconds and made my time red. It isn't that responsive in some turns (high speed turns principally) but it feels good in general. Back remains very stable, even if you step on the gas pedal really hard.

Big BUMP!!!

Is this still going on? And if so are the Fire Sisters coming or do the #VIPDMT win by default? :dopey::lol: Because there scared

Is this still going on? And if so are the Fire Sisters coming or do the #VIPDMT win by default? :dopey::lol: Because there scared

Oh yes we are, we just spent last night and this morning giving our cars a final shakedown. In "quite wet" conditions. Shame I didn't save the replay, a shot of the two cars side by side in merry battle would have been good…ah, whatever. :lol: All I need are my pretty pictures and I'm all set! :D Now…where's that lazy arse Andre buggered off to…

Another 600PP challenge, another STC. This time though, the STC here does mean Super Touring Car. Car is on share already, do enjoy…

…just treat her nicely, being on the wrong side of this thing is hard to do, but harder still to recover from.

Lexus ISF STC

Source and Parts list:
Based on: Lexus ISF Racing Concept
Buy from: NCD
Paintjob: Midnight Purple (P)
Wheels: --
Aerodynamic Kit: --

Weight Reduction: --
Window Weight Reduction: --
Carbon Hood: --
Chassis reinforcement: --

Exhaust: Titanium Racing
Turbo Kit: Mid RPM

Transmission: Fully Customisable

Suspension: Fully Customisable

Tires: Racing (all)

The Tune
Aerodynamics: 35/60
Ballast: --
Power Limiter: 98.9%

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set to 124
2)Set Final Gear to 4.390/2.565
1st=2.990
2nd=2.312
3rd=1.859
4th=1.523
5th=1.272
6th=1.095
Should display an indicated top speed of 204 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Braking: 7

Suspension
Camber Angle: 3.0/2.0
Toe Angle: -0.20/0.00
Ride Height: 0/0
Spring Rate: 16.0/15.0
Dampers (Extension): 5/4
Dampers (Compression): 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/6

Brakes
6/7

The car has 600 PP, weighs 1350Kg with a 52/48 front/rear weight distribution, has 567HP and produces 499ft-lb torque@4500 rpm with a 7500 rpm redline.

- Photoshopped picture courtesy of uMadson?.

Last edited:
karen-bee-is-f-racing-concepta.jpg

7120277033_ca13b27020_z.jpg

Stock model: Lexus IS F Racing Concept
Obtained: New Car Dealership
Paint: Jaune Persepolis

Drivetrain: FR
Power: 576 hp / 6100 rpm
Torque: 500 ft-lb / 6000 rpm
Weight: 1350 kg
PP: 600

Parts:
High RPM Turbo

Body/Chassis
Downforce - 35/55
Ballast: 0 / 0

Engine
Power limiter = 87.5%

Transmission
1st Gear --- 3.228
2nd Gear --- 2.258
3rd Gear --- 1.688
4th Gear --- 1.353
5th Gear --- 1.143
6th Gear --- 0.999
Final Gear - 2.725
Top Speed -- 330

Drivetrain

LSD
Initial - 7
Accel --- 25
Brake --- 10

Suspension
Ride Height ----------- 0 / 0
Spring Rate ----------- 14.9 / 15.7
Dampers (Extension) --- 7 / 7
Dampers (Compression) - 6 / 6
Anti-Roll ------------- 3 / 5

Camber ---------------- 3.0 / 2.5
Toe ------------------- 0.20 / -0.20

Brakes
Brake Balance - 3 / 8

Tuner Comments: Don't be a half-assed driver or she'll knock down 3 highways out of you.

and Senjougahara isn't Karen's sister.

Last edited:
I'll make sure to post some sort of tune for my "Sick Puppy" in a few hours after I get home from work.

Guessing the only prize it will be contending for is the "most likely to kill test driver" award though.:drool:

I'll make sure to post some sort of tune for my "Sick Puppy" in a few hours after I get home from work.

Guessing the only prize it will be contending for is the "most likely to kill test driver" award though.:drool:

You've not driven Andre's car, I know that. Well, anything seems tame after a ride with Karen. Damn hornet's sting is scary. :lol:

I had a look at all the tunes, and I have a question. I know that krenkme likes to fatten up his cars, but it seems most of you have limited the engine. Why is this? Wouldn't added weight help the ballance of the car? and you can still keep most of the power? Just still trying to figure out this tuning thing. You guys are amazing :bowdown:

I had a look at all the tunes, and I have a question. I know that krenkme likes to fatten up his cars, but it seems most of you have limited the engine. Why is this? Wouldn't added weight help the ballance of the car? and you can still keep most of the power? Just still trying to figure out this tuning thing. You guys are amazing :bowdown:

If the car in question was an Elise, yes. But since the car here is already a rather porky 1350kg, adding weight would be harm the car a bit more than benefit it. That and the fact that, at this weight, a crash with the armco could just send you flying off killing all the German wild life in your way. :lol:

If the car in question was an Elise, yes. But since the car here is already a rather porky 1350kg, adding weight would be harm the car a bit more than benefit it. That and the fact that, at this weight, a crash with the armco could just send you flying off killing all the German wild life in your way. :lol:

Thanks! I only have krenkme as a friend on PSN (XDes too when he posts his tune :D) and his car was very fast, but you get on the grass and... R.I.P. :lol: To each there own in the tuning world I guess 👍.

Good luck everyone :cheers:

Thanks! I only have krenkme as a friend on PSN (XDes too when he posts his tune :D) and his car was very fast, but you get on the grass and... R.I.P. :lol: To each there own in the tuning world I guess 👍.

Good luck everyone :cheers:

It's very much the same with…pretty much all of them. :lol: There's no right way round to doing this, it's just preference. I don't like to play with a car's weight balance, so I don't use it.

What kind of times did you run with his ISF, if you don't mind me asking?

Onboy123
It's very much the same with…pretty much all of them. :lol: There's no right way round to doing this, it's just preference. I don't like to play with a car's weight balance, so I don't use it.

What kind of times did you run with his ISF, if you don't mind me asking?

Not one single green lap :scared:, but I completed a lap at 7.02:356(I'm not very good at this track) I think 6:50.xxx could be doable

Araragi Karen can't match the Rainy Devil. Ever. :mischievous:

Your Rainy Devil was at 598PP and spent more time killing drivers than it did killing lap times. :lol:

Anyway…the tunes are in. The deadline is approaching and all we can do is wait with baited breath…for the tester's results.

Onboy123
That's not too bad, actually, Karen did that lap time after a lot of swearing from Andre over there. :lol:

Whatever. :P

I'm sure all the cars are like this, speeeeeeed, grass, die! :lol:. I think I'll take krenks car to Trial Mountain (a track I'm good at) and really see what's what 👍

I'm sure all the cars are like this, speeeeeeed, grass, die! :lol:. I think I'll take krenks car to Trial Mountain (a track I'm good at) and really see what's what 👍
My "Sick Puppy" is currently running low 1:27s at Trial Mountain which is really frustrating me as it should easily go under 1:25 even with a mediocre driver like the Ol' Wallbanger here.:drool:

Seems like if I get the front to loosen up and rotate under throttle the back end wants to turn overly loose and send you sideways. It's close to the way I'd like it to feel currently but still not there. Will try a couple more things then take it to SSR7 for a check of the gearbox to make sure it won't hit the rev limiter on the ring.:crazy:

XDesperado67
My "Sick Puppy" is currently running low 1:27s at Trial Mountain which is really frustrating me as it should easily go under 1:25 even with a mediocre driver like the Ol' Wallbanger here.:drool:

I ran a 1:26.903 with krenkmes, and I'll run yours when I can, but a really good wheel man could turn some amazing times with this car.

I put krenkmes tune on my own car and reduced weight, but limited the engine and it plows like a tractor. You tuners amaze me 👍

-Also is that the way you test the transmission? SSR7?

I put krenkmes tune on my own car and reduced weight, but limited the engine and it plows like a tractor. You tuners amaze me 👍

-Also is that the way you test the transmission? SSR7?

Well, it was tuned around a certain weight distribution, and by removing the weight, you might have upset the balance of the car by doing so, hence the understeer that results.

I think. :lol:

Personally, I'd just drive it down the 'Ring's back straight and gun it. Record highest speed, adjust gears accordingly, re-run, no redline, room for draft, perfect, job done. :lol:

Anyway, DB, UPDATE OP NAO!

Beautiful picture! 👍

Yea, though it's mostly uMadson's editing, I have to admit that it may look better than the car actually is to drive…in fact, I'd say sod the driving and just look at that. :lol:

Hopefully though, that lot testing would find it as good to drive as it is good to look at.

Onboy123
Well, it was tuned around a certain weight distribution, and by removing the weight, you might have upset the balance of the car by doing so, hence the understeer that results.

I think. :lol:

Personally, I'd just drive it down the 'Ring's back straight and gun it. Record highest speed, adjust gears accordingly, re-run, no redline, room for draft, perfect, job done. :lol:

Anyway, DB, UPDATE OP NAO!

I should know better then to mess with a tuners car :dunce::banghead:

Do most tuners adjust gearing with final Gear? And how do you get to the speed you want? Sorry for all the questions

I should know better then to mess with a tuners car :dunce::banghead:

Do most tuners adjust gearing with final Gear? And how do you get to the speed you want? Sorry for all the questions

It's actually better, since you learn from what you muck around with. :P

It depends. If you're satisfied with your current set of ratios but need a higher top speed, you'd adjust the final gear to match.

As for getting to the speed we want, well, I don't aim for the car to hit a certain speed, I just accept the fact that on the 'Ring's back straight, the car doing 180mph with sub 600hp is as going to be as fast as I could get it to go, so then I set the car to go at 180mph…which normally means leaving 20+mph in the gearbox compared to actual top speed.

I need to start testing :lol: My shootout starts Tuesday! :scared:

Arse. Cars. Nao. :lol:

Good luck, and don't worry, we'll be there to support you should you need any help. 👍

Now…I wonder if Andre's going to be busy in these following weeks……I wouldn't mind some company now that he's picked up the spanner…:D

Arse. Cars. Nao. :lol:

Good luck, and don't worry, we'll be there to support you should you need any help. 👍

Now…I wonder if Andre's going to be busy in these following weeks……I wouldn't mind some company now that he's picked up the spanner…:D

:lol: Soon, soon (today/tomorrow I'll have them tested).

That's my biggest worry!!! :lol: I kid I kid.

Latest Posts

Back