Michelin Alpin Time Trial Challenge Offers VIP Trip to the GT World Series Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 124 comments
You can check my profile too, i'm 130 right now with a 1:39.072, not great but inside gold, I'm using counter steering strong, abs normal, asm off, MT. If you check the list of leaders, check profiles and there my page and gallery, I share 2 replays, 1:39.072 and 1:39.200

Edit: To me, Counter Steering is a must, I can brake sideways more effectly, because I cannot do it properly without that assist. I don't know if that make any sense but is my feeling.

Last edited:
lake-louise-long.png

Turn 5 & 6 ? Wall in turn 6 is my pet peeve...
Indeed, you can start initiate the drift well before T5 so you make it one turn, sometimes i even overshoot it for T6 but you can brake quite well sideways also
ok, a bit like T1, the slope on the exterior should prevent me from hitting the wall, right ?
True T7 will give you way more speed on exit on the outside, just rotate the car on the inside almost hitting the wall and let it flow to the outside of T7, once you know how far you can go it becomes a quite natural corner
That's the only one I am at ease with 😅

weighttransfer ? you mean from left to right ? aggressive in which way ? how much I turn the car, or how much I rev it ?
Yes indeed, your angle is to big there, you'll get more speed on exit if you'll start your rotation more early so you don't have to have such a big angle, big angle means less forward traction 😁, then you can easy controle your drift by lower RPM which gives you more traction and control
I struggle a lot with traction on the snow, you think I shouldn't use TCS ? I would fear it to be much worse without TCS.
Yes off with that! But I see you already did 😁😁
The bit I'm having trouble with is stopping the sideways movement - corners like #3 for example. How do you (@Gomario JSP and @Barareklam) brake so little, get on throttle so early, yet get forward momentum instead of just sliding into the wall?
I think the key kies in the very early rotation, and I think I'm sort of try to find that evilmuffin natural steering moment.
But it only works if you can get close to the wall AND if you nail T1, if you are not close to the wall on the left on exit T1 it's not gonna happen.
Ill study my input when I get home, it's hard to replicate in my head because after somany miles it kind of is on automatic brain input 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Thanks. I have shared mine with "Crawl in the snow"
haha, OK, I will do the same when I come home and I will type here when I am done. When I do lap comparison, do you want it somewhere privat, so I send you video comparison over Dropbox or YouTube is OK?

Thanks. I have shared mine with "Crawl in the snow"
I'm no expert, for me the main thing is in the slow right at the begining of S2, the next left must take advantage of the bunk, to get a better exit, also the first turn in S3 can be a bit better but is difficult to get right because of the turn itself is strange, but is not a big deal, the last corner feels so slippery in your replay and I thing you lose time there, but S1 is good at my standards.

Back