Michelin Alpin Time Trial Challenge Offers VIP Trip to the GT World Series Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 136 comments
You can check my profile too, i'm 130 right now with a 1:39.072, not great but inside gold, I'm using counter steering strong, abs normal, asm off, MT. If you check the list of leaders, check profiles and there my page and gallery, I share 2 replays, 1:39.072 and 1:39.200

Edit: To me, Counter Steering is a must, I can brake sideways more effectly, because I cannot do it properly without that assist. I don't know if that make any sense but is my feeling.

Last edited:
lake-louise-long.png

Turn 5 & 6 ? Wall in turn 6 is my pet peeve...
Indeed, you can start initiate the drift well before T5 so you make it one turn, sometimes i even overshoot it for T6 but you can brake quite well sideways also
ok, a bit like T1, the slope on the exterior should prevent me from hitting the wall, right ?
True T7 will give you way more speed on exit on the outside, just rotate the car on the inside almost hitting the wall and let it flow to the outside of T7, once you know how far you can go it becomes a quite natural corner
That's the only one I am at ease with 😅

weighttransfer ? you mean from left to right ? aggressive in which way ? how much I turn the car, or how much I rev it ?
Yes indeed, your angle is to big there, you'll get more speed on exit if you'll start your rotation more early so you don't have to have such a big angle, big angle means less forward traction 😁, then you can easy controle your drift by lower RPM which gives you more traction and control
I struggle a lot with traction on the snow, you think I shouldn't use TCS ? I would fear it to be much worse without TCS.
Yes off with that! But I see you already did 😁😁
The bit I'm having trouble with is stopping the sideways movement - corners like #3 for example. How do you (@Gomario JSP and @Barareklam) brake so little, get on throttle so early, yet get forward momentum instead of just sliding into the wall?
I think the key kies in the very early rotation, and I think I'm sort of try to find that evilmuffin natural steering moment.
But it only works if you can get close to the wall AND if you nail T1, if you are not close to the wall on the left on exit T1 it's not gonna happen.
Ill study my input when I get home, it's hard to replicate in my head because after somany miles it kind of is on automatic brain input 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Thanks. I have shared mine with "Crawl in the snow"
haha, OK, I will do the same when I come home and I will type here when I am done. When I do lap comparison, do you want it somewhere privat, so I send you video comparison over Dropbox or YouTube is OK?

Thanks. I have shared mine with "Crawl in the snow"
I'm no expert, for me the main thing is in the slow right at the begining of S2, the next left must take advantage of the bunk, to get a better exit, also the first turn in S3 can be a bit better but is difficult to get right because of the turn itself is strange, but is not a big deal, the last corner feels so slippery in your replay and I thing you lose time there, but S1 is good at my standards.

haha, OK, I will do the same when I come home and I will type here when I am done. When I do lap comparison, do you want it somewhere privat, so I send you video comparison over Dropbox or YouTube is OK?
Thank you. I have done another stint and managed to sneak into gold - this time using CSA. I've deleted the other saved lap and have shared this one with search tag #halfsourly.

YouTube would be great thanks; then other people can watch it and learn from it too.

192b4662b5576-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. I have done another stint and managed to sneak into gold - this time using CSA. I've deleted the other saved lap and have shared this one with search tag #halfsourly.

YouTube would be great thanks; then other people can watch it and learn from it too.
I see your new lap, S1 good as the previous one, the S2 and S3 with the CSA seems better and the only thing I see that can improve is the racing line before the last two corners.

Impressive your profile with all 111 TT in gold. I only have 18 golds, 5 silvers and 8 bronces (some TT I only did 1 lap for 500k of bronce and that's it)

I see your new lap, S1 good as the previous one, the S2 and S3 with the CSA seems better and the only thing I see that can improve is the racing line before the last two corners.

Impressive your profile with all 111 TT in gold. I only have 18 golds, 5 silvers and 8 bronces (some TT I only did 1 lap for 500k of bronce and that's it)
Thank you for looking. Yes, I often run too far to the right. If feels like the bump on the lefthander pushes me away to the right, or I just slide. Will see how I can improve there.

Lowered my sensitivity to 2 and managed to break that elusive 1:38 barrier. Also changed some driving techniques which helped

View attachment 1399585

Reduce to 2, do you mention steering sensitivity? Normally I always use it at 10 and when I change it to 7, I don't feel much of a difference on the ds4. I'm going to test smaller values to see if I can get out of 1.38.
Yesterday I tested some laps with a 37.800 ghost and I managed to follow him in turn 1, in 3 I even managed to pass him slightly, in T2 we were together and in the turn towards the finish line, that's where I saw him run away... I still haven't managed to do that one turn properly quickly.

Reduce to 2, do you mention steering sensitivity? Normally I always use it at 10 and when I change it to 7, I don't feel much of a difference on the ds4. I'm going to test smaller values to see if I can get out of 1.38.
Yes steering sensitivity is what I meant. I felt that reducing it to 2 helped the front tires grip up faster on corner entry

I mean I know you are one of few that have all gold, inclusive Olympic one with 1,5% so of course you are getting this snow TT gold too. I have checked your lap now, that was pretty good lap, not surprised you are one of 300 with gold medal. I have now shared mine PB lap too, #snowcrawl, see image. However when I see it now I see things I could have done better, or doing better in other laps but we all know it's difficult to put all best corners in one lap. I will now make lap comparison and post when I am done. But until I am done with video, here fee things which can get you in 1:38
You have overshoot T6 and we know this sliding often influence next corner line too so I believe taking T6 closer to the wall on right side and having better line into T7 can give you two tenth.
You also have Corner 8 and 9 where you have few tenth there to gain. Corner 8 when you reach two cones you can see in inside was on T8 release throttle there and play with it to 50% of power. If you have full throttle car will slide out way too much into center of the track and you will not be able to take next turn, T9, carrying a lot of speed. So I made a drawing how I do on s good lap, that's top view of T8 and T9 and green rectangle is my car from above, showing rotation, very important, so with less power in T8 where two cones are, you can stay next to the right hand side wall and when you are taking T9, slight rotation into T9, check green rectangle from top, that's my car, and black rectangle is your car rotation, way too much than needed, just rotate it a bit less and you have two tenth on T9.
Images here to show what I mean in text.
Typing later when video is done.
1000029389.jpg
1000029390.jpg
1000029391.jpg
1000029392.jpg
1000029397.jpg

Attachments

• 1000029394.jpg
    1000029394.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1
@half_sourly here is our laps comparison.
Your lap upper half, mine lower half of the screen.

So as I saw in your video and tried to make a drawing over T8 and T9 Now when I compare our laps difference is 0.8 sec in taking T8 and T9 check info in video editor that lower video is on pause for 0.8 sec until upper one catches up.
1000029406.png

So literally between this point which is at 1:00 in video
1000029407.png

And next 20 second of lap, difference 0.8 sec.
Check screen shot of our T9 entrance, So rotation of car very important, so do not rotate it so much in T9
1000029408.png

So here is video comparison but what is more important, in video "how to" , that's video link under our lap comparison video , check from 3:05 in how to take very fast line through T8 and T9 and you will beat my time.

Last edited:
@half_sourly here is our laps comparison.
Your lap upper half, mine lower half of the screen.

So as I saw in your video and tried to make a drawing over T8 and T9 Now when I compare our laps difference is 0.8 sec in taking T8 and T9 check info in video editor that lower video is on pause for 0.8 sec until upper one catches up.
View attachment 1399599
So literally between this point which is at 1:00 in videoView attachment 1399600
And next 20 second of lap, difference 0.8 sec.
Check screen shot of our T9 entrance, So rotation of car very important, so do not rotate it so much in T9
View attachment 1399601
So here is video comparison but what is more important, in video "how to" , that's video link under our lap comparison video , check from 3:05 in how to take very fast line through T8 and T9 and you will beat my time.

You're a legend with this stuff. Thank you so much for taking the time to do that. Lost to consider, but as you say, it looks like T8 and T9 are where the low hanging fruit are. Thanks again. :cheers:

You're a legend with this stuff. Thank you so much for taking the time to do that. Lost to consider, but as you say, it looks like T8 and T9 are where the low hanging fruit are. Thanks again. :cheers:
You are welcome, happy that I could do at least something small for you. You are THE legend who made bunch of us more faster with your supportive TT statistics!

Back