Seasonal Tuning Challenge 1: Nurb time trial! Testing done by 5/2!

I'm just gonna leave right here. If in my comments, you see your time like this as example, 6:52.xxx, it's because I came very close to finish a lap time but due to some external factor (hard crash) I did not complete the lap and made a estimative time of what the time would be. Just letting ya'll know before someone asks :lol:

Onboy edged me out by a car length? A shamefur dispray on my part. :lol: I wonder though, because Onboy's settings aren't too radically different to mine, if going down the turbo route is actually better than staying NA, despite the NA motor having 10bhp over the turbo motor.

Onboy edged me out by a car length? A shamefur dispray on my part. :lol: I wonder though, because Onboy's settings aren't too radically different to mine, if going down the turbo route is actually better than staying NA, despite the NA motor having 10bhp over the turbo motor.

Onboy IS-F was a bit faster with me too :lol:

Only SolidSnake and Xdesp cars are left for me.

Just looked at the torque figures for both cars, I'm a good 37lb.ft down. That might be the problem. :lol:

ISF Fire Sisters - 1

VIPDTM - 0

And drop the stereotypical accent, it's insulting for me! :lol: Well, the car seems more slippy as a result of it…but then it was a while since I last drove the ISF RC stock…

Edit:

Times:

Onboy: 6:50.164
Desperado: 6:51.107
RoJJieE: 6:50.573
Snake: 6:49.132
Madson: 6:47.228

Woah…dammit. I hate that…:grumpy: Karen's still there, buzzing around in front of my car. If he takes a win on his debut, I'm going to feel good for him before attacking him with my stapler.

ISF Fire Sisters - 1

VIPDTM - 0

And drop the stereotypical accent, it's insulting for me! :lol: Well, the car seems more slippy as a result of it…but then it was a while since I last drove the ISF RC stock…

Krenkme will beat uMadson? anyway so it's all good. We'll just have to turn it into a fist fight to determine the winners. :sly:

It's looking like more power and less downforce wasn't the way to go here...:odd::crazy::lol:

Damn beginners luck. No matter, Krenkme can do 6:45, right Krenkme? :lol:

Not when his ISF can barely rotate into some corners. :lol: And think of it this way, if you saw how much help I had to give him, you wouldn't feel so bad. :lol:

Krenkme it's a bit slower on the group... it doesn't understeer heavily, but it's response to the turning of steering wheel is quite big.

I think we should scrap the lap times and have a game of Tic Tac Toe to determine winners. :)

I think we should scrap the lap times and have a game of Tic Tac Toe to determine winners. :)

Sore loser. :lol: Krenkme's car won't beat Andre's, that's almost given. Krenkme's car is safe and steady, but Andre's car is…well, I guess it does live up to the name of "Karen Bee", and is actually huge fun to drive.

Which makes me a bit sore as well, as I was sure mine was better to drive regardless. :ouch:

Damn beginners luck. No matter, Krenkme can do 6:45, right Krenkme? :lol:

Sorry :(. This car has hated me from the get go, and I just could not get it figured out :banghead:

Sore loser. :lol: Krenkme's car won't beat Andre's, that's almost given. Krenkme's car is safe and steady, but Andre's car is…well, I guess it does live up to the name of "Karen Bee", and is actually huge fun to drive.

Which makes me a bit sore as well, as I was sure mine was better to drive regardless. :ouch:

My car is a pig!... I have failed
*walks away crying*

I know. That's why I said we should do the Baruhara combination, but your Rainy Devil wasn't ready yet. :lol:

anyway we'll just call it the IS F Fire Sisters that aren't really Sisters. :lol:

also, to be honest, I was supposed to achieve what SolidSnake did, but instead got the best lap time award from Mr. Grado. :lol:

anyway we'll just call it the IS F Fire Sisters that aren't really Sisters. :lol:

also, to be honest, I was supposed to achieve what SolidSnake did, but instead got the best lap time award from Mr. Grado. :lol:

If we're going by what we named them, no, but to drive them, and in terms of driving character, they could be sisters for all I know, having driven both.

If you toned down the oversteer like a good boy, you would've had both. :P

So is MrGrado the only tester to post results so far?

Also not making excuses but MrGrado you must have a completely different driving style than me if you felt like "Sick Puppy" had massive understeer. Most of my time tuning was spent trying to get it to rotate into corners especially while braking without the rearend breaking free and spinning you out. Of course I'm slow and a lousy driver so its probably me overcompensating for issues better drivers don't have with that piece of Japanese junk. I dare say if that was a real car any rational race car driver would have sent it back to the engineers with a note telling them they had obviously all failed in their basic courses in college as a blind monkey could have created a better design.

Thought at first it was all just me and not having the skill to deal with high powered cars, but then realized that I've tuned other cars, including street cars, to that level or higher and not had the issues I've had with this car. Heck my "Specter" drives better than this with less downforce and more power on Sports Soft tires!:crazy:

So is MrGrado the only tester to post results so far?

Also not making excuses but MrGrado you must have a completely different driving style than me if you felt like "Sick Puppy" had massive understeer. Most of my time tuning was spent trying to get it to rotate into corners especially while braking without the rearend breaking free and spinning you out. Of course I'm slow and a lousy driver so its probably me overcompensating for issues better drivers don't have with that piece of Japanese junk. I dare say if that was a real car any rational race car driver would have sent it back to the engineers with a note telling them they had obviously all failed in their basic courses in college as a blind monkey could have created a better design.

Thought at first it was all just me and not having the skill to deal with high powered cars, but then realized that I've tuned other cars, including street cars, to that level or higher and not had the issues I've had with this car. Heck my "Specter" drives better than this with less downforce and more power on Sports Soft tires!:crazy:

I might brake earlier and lighter coming up to bends than pretty much anyone and I might also prefer to use less steering lock than just about anyone.

Onboy
Car has good balance and is overall fine to drive. Overall cornering grip seemed low, but I did drive this tune first.

Thanks for the tests, 3rd fastest is good enough for me. I'm not entirely surprised about the lack of grip comment, it's not one to oversteer, but more twitch about all over the tarmac if you're lead footed out of corners.

Ehh…not that I'm not satisfied with this, but would it be too big an ask for you to give it another go and see if there's more speed to be found? I'm not sure if the order in which the tunes are driven in matter, but it's just in case. I understand if you don't want to though, so it's fine if you don't want to.

Back