GTP Nascar Nationwide Preseason Thread | Spurgy wins on rims!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 725 comments

What will we do for round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Owens - the difference in time from a race setup to a quali setup at Indy, Daytona, Motegi & HSR can be 0.4xx - 0.8xx difference. The difference is the tire saving setups at those places are race setups n in race are much faster with draft. Altering aero n trans make the difference at those particular tracks. As for a non- roval aka typical road course, a quali setup wouldn't matter much more than 0.2xx. Also when I said I used to qualify 2nd-5th typically in SC, that would be a small difference usually of 0.01x-0.1xx at most. That's how tough the competition is.

Last edited:
MustangRyan
James, I'm going to be brutally honest with you for just a minute. Yes, you did sign up for last season. But, you only showed up to drive on time just once out of the 12 scheduled races. When you did show up, you finished 11th out of 15 drivers at Indy. You got last-place points for showing up after the Madrid race had already started. You missed a lot of races when you were supposed to be there, and that worries car owners. The worst thing for a car owner is to have a guy that doesn't show up for races when he was supposed to, because then the owners have to scramble to find a replacement on very short notice or run the race for their own team, because they don't want to lose a chance to earn points.

With the number of Nationwide drivers that just moved up to the Sprint Cup, the Nationwide fields are going to be even harder to reliably fill, so drivers that show up every week are at a premium. You'll definitely get a seat if you show up every week, but it might not be the same one every week. You need to show the car owners that you are willing to make a commitment to running full-time in the series before you can expect a car owner to make a commitment to you.

Adding to that, James is currently signed up for my Camaro series. We have had 3 races so far, and James has failed to show up for a single one. I can't stand people who sign up for every series and then flake and don't show. I simply do not trust James.

kenkwilinski
Question for MULE,

Whats the point of giving a bonus point for qualifying if we can't use qualifying setups. And you are writing the Q times down anyway and we have a formation lap. So why can't we use a qualiy setup? You are going to re-form the grid on the pre-race pace laps. Just doesn't make sense to me. And I also have awesome quali tunes that I worked on in SC. They were pretty good, I usually came 3rd-5th in quali in SC. So I would expect a 1st-2nd in NW quali. This definitely takes away lots of work I put into my tunes. I just don't see the reasoning in eliminating quali tunes?
The "no qualifying setups" rule is there to make it easier for me, as the host, to keep track of everyone's time. I don't want people going into the lobby to change their setups and erase their time, as I cannot write it down then.

That's why I was saying tell everyone when they can switch setups n then during that time u can reset the track. Then we can all load in n start the pace laps which we will use to reform in the order u wote down. I don't think it'll be a problem if u dictate when to stay in pits n when to change from quali setup to race setup.

But that way you a) take up more time than what is needed, and b) force everybody to take extra time out of their practice to make an additional setup that really isnt nessicery. This way, every race is an "impound race."

I'm all for trying to keep this as simple as I can, for everybody.

Well that'll never happen... :P

U r so right Furi. Ill win the race but I will have needed the bonus point to take the points win. Thanks for clearing that up Furi. Yet another reason why we should allow qualifying setups. But ill just shove my foot in my mouth now until I really have to complain about something worth my time.

U r so right Furi. Ill win the race but I will have needed the bonus point to take the points win. Thanks for clearing that up Furi. Yet another reason why we should allow qualifying setups. But ill just shove my foot in my mouth now until I really have to complain about something worth my time.

If ya good enough you won't need the bonus points ;)

Simply tell them that they cant enter the setup menu until the times are recorded.Anybody that doesnt obey that rule has their time removed and starts at the back.

People that are committed to success will make the time to qualify,those who dont wont, and will most likely fade away into GT oblivion.

I assume the Cup series allows qualifying?

EDIT-With qualifying setups?

Last edited:
As long as everyone is under the same set of rules (with or without a separate setup for qualifying), it shouldn't really matter. The fastest car should be the fastest car. If someone really wants a pole point bad enough to run lower aero in qualifying, let them sacrifice their race setup to do it.

In Sprint Cup, we allow you to run a separate setup for qualifying. The fastest time gets the bonus point. But, we run the grid as the game sets it after qualifying, so if you leave the track to switch to a race setup, you forfeit your placement in the grid, and automatically start in the back.

Adding to that, James is currently signed up for my Camaro series. We have had 3 races so far, and James has failed to show up for a single one. I can't stand people who sign up for every series and then flake and don't show. I simply do not trust James.

Cause I have had things going on every Saturday. Also will we be having preseason races where anyone who wants to try and get a ride can show up until the Daytona race in august?

Both Sprint Cup and Nationwide have 15 minute Quali sessions, but Drop and I do them slightly differently. I do it more along the lines of R1600turbo, where I keep track of everyone's time and make sure everyone starts where te qualified. Drop is more "track is green, away you go, race timer is set."

I'm fine with whatever the rules are. Looks like all I have to do is race this season. Quite a change from two seasons of developing strategies n tunes for NW n SC. I guess I should have all of that in my back pocket now n not need to worry about qualifying.

Phoenix Racing are looking for a driver for the 2011 #42 car. PM me if interested.

Last edited:
I am currently in talks with Carbonox about becoming a reserve driver for KBM. I'm not assuming anything until I hear from him again.

I'm possibly interested in participating. I'd like to join you for the preseason races, to get an idea of what the series will be like. Who should I be sending a friend request to, in order to find Saturdays lobby?

I'm possibly interested in participating. I'd like to join you for the preseason races, to get an idea of what the series will be like. Who should I be sending a friend request to, in order to find Saturdays lobby?

I believe Mule will be hosting on Saturday so drop him a PM 👍

Mule_9242 is the host, but he will post the room number in this thread when he opens the room.

How many drop races are we allowed? Two like last season or one.
I'm pretty sure it's still two allowed drops.

Niop
Mule_9242 is the host, but he will post the room number in this thread when he opens the room.

This, for both off them.

I won't make this weeks race, I have my son's 1st BDay party to do. I should be good for the following preseason races.

Niop

Won't you be hosting, and recording for Reflex TV?

Won't you be hosting, and recording for Reflex TV?
I won't be around this weekend. And Mule, as host of the series will be hosting the lobbies. I will only be able to stream the race on days that Mule is racing for his team or days that don't have a full grid. But I'll only stream if it's ok with Mule.

Feel free to stream whenever you can, just as long as you're not causing lag (which I don't think will be an issue).

Paulmac2k9 will be in the 2011 #43 for the season, full time.

Drop, Joe and myself will all be in the #99 for the races that gokartman cannot make.

JR Motorsports (Hendrick Motorsports)
Team Owner - RFLX_Niop
#24 (2010 or 2011) - Crazy_Bassist_83
#48 (2010 or 2011) - Smuffyatfcp
#88 (2010 or 2011) - TRYNOR88

Phoenix Racing (Stewart Ganassi Racing)
Team Owner - Furinkazen
#14 Old Spice (2010) - james6653, Spurgy777
#14 Mobile 1 (2011) - FraiserCrane
#42 (2010 or 2011) -

Roush Racing (Ford Racing)
Team Owner - MULE_9242
#43 Insignia (2010) - OwensRacing
#43 Best Buy (2011) - GTP_PaulMac
#99 (2010 or 2011) - gokartman, MULE_9242, JoeOfTheFire, Droptop2001gt

RAB Racing (Team Red Bull)
Team Owner - RedPartyhat
#83 Blue (2010) -
#83 Silver (2011) -
#83 Either (2010 or 2011) -
Signed: D4LVY_ (according to a PM I got from RPH)

Kyle Busch Motorsports (Joe Gibbs Racing)
Team Owner - Carbonox
#11 (2010 or 2011) - Chqr
#18 (2010 or 2011) - Cowboys965
#20 (2010 or 2011) - neljack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back