GTP Nascar Nationwide Preseason Thread | Spurgy wins on rims!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 725 comments

What will we do for round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Itsvanilla completes the Phoenix Racing Nationwide line up in the 2010 #42 car 👍

MÜLE_9242;7272789
Actually, when the track is reset, that allows people to go into settings, and line up with everyone else, so qualifying setups wouldn't have to be banned.

I knew you said it somewhere, so........why not again?

And what's the word on No Bump Drafting at Indy? None at all, even none on the straightaways? Or just in the turns?

Last edited:
kenkwilinski
I knew you said it somewhere, so........why not again?

And what's the word on No Bump Drafting at Indy? None at all, even none on the straightaways? Or just in the turns?

Since I made that post, a few things came up that made me change my mind:

-Resetting the track and then lining up on the track in order is something we do in PURE, but for here, it would just take too much time. I didn't even reset the track last week, and still had Chqr ask me what the holdup was. Resetting isn't needed, especially when I'm not racing.

-Resetting the track can also cause a glitch in the game in which the tire noise doesn't play. It's super annoying and Eliminating as many chances for it to work is not a bad thing

-I've come to the conclusion that qualifying specific setups are something that should be used in Sprint Cup only. Remember that you're basically a Sprint Cup driver who's in Nationwide because of your work schedule. Asking someone who's a complete newbie to this to make an extra setup is asking too much.

As for Indy, I don't care anymore. Outside of changing the specs (which basically require Sprint Cup specs to change likewise) to increase power, reduce aero, and run a harder tire (it's also impossible to enforce both a power limit and a pp limit) you're always going to be able to run Indy flat out, which will bring bump drafting as a result. I don't like it, but that's the way it is.

Very good explanation, now I completely understand. I won't hassle you anymore as I can agree to all of that. :lol: Looks good 👍 I'm looking forward to this series!

Akmqu will take over management of the Phoenix Racing nationwide team.

Mule, as a SC driver, would I be able to run in this weekends pre season race, or is it just for Nationwide runners?

Completely free all weekend (typically, now that I have no league races to prepare for :lol: )

Thanks in advance 👍

JR Motorsports (Hendrick Motorsports)
Team Owner - RFLX_Niop
#24 (2010 or 2011) - Crazy_Bassist_83
#48 (2010 or 2011) - Smuffyatfcp
#88 (2010 or 2011) - TRYNOR88

Phoenix Racing (Stewart Ganassi Racing)
Team Owner - Furinkazen
#14 Old Spice (2010) - james6653/Spurgy777
#14 Mobile 1 (2011) - FraiserCrane
#42 (2010 or 2011) - itsvanilla

Roush Racing (Ford Racing)
Team Owner - MULE_9242
#43 Insignia (2010) - OwensRacing
#43 Best Buy (2011) - GTP_PaulMac
#99 (2010 or 2011) - gokartman,
Reserves - MULE_9242, JoeOfTheFire, Droptop2001gt

RAB Racing (Team Red Bull)
Team Owner - RedPartyhat
#83 Blue (2010) -
#83 Silver (2011) -
#83 Either (2010 or 2011) -
Signed: D4LVY_ (according to a PM MULE got from RPH)

Kyle Busch Motorsports (Joe Gibbs Racing)
Team Owner - Carbonox
#11 (2010 or 2011) - Chqr
#18 (2010 or 2011) - Cowboys965
#20 (2010 or 2011) - neljack
Reserve - Stormtrooper217

Is this correct so far? If so, it looks like RedPartyHat still needs 2 more full-time drivers.

Has anyone tried contacting the drivers that posted their interest earlier, like Adrenaline, rap129, Gorsad, teamradpitt?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7389231#post7389231
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7146128#post7146128
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7146224#post7146224
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7178292#post7178292

What about some of last season's NW drivers, like amp_88_jr, racefan78, damagenano, fastfox400? Does anyone know if these guys are still interested?

Also, is it just me, or has no one signed the driver that just won last week's preseason Motegi race, iforcev8?

Fastfox has stopped racing temporarily because he had to sell his wheel but I'd be surprised if Amp doesn't make a return. Surprising like you say that nobody has signed iforce.

TomMcD
Fastfox has stopped racing temporarily because he had to sell his wheel but I'd be surprised if Amp doesn't make a return. Surprising like you say that nobody has signed iforce.

Iforce can't make the race every week. Otherwise my contract would of included him as my team mate or no sign. LoL j/k. However Paul is an incredible surprise as a team mate. Very pleased to be teamed with him. Hopefully he feels the same. ;)

Looking forward to racing with you guys. Anyone plan a T&T (test & tune) session today/tonight?

Yes I just need setups ;).

I need to run my car in so why not, will allow me to learn a bit too.

Edit: Owens also if we had iforce it would be an all PURE team :lol:. (Gokarts cool too though :))

Paul, once Drop sorts out the S4 Sprint Cup thread there'll be tuning information on there which will transfer over to the Nationwide cars but I'm sure Mule will supply you with better tunes anyhow :P

Knelly
Mule, as a SC driver, would I be able to run in this weekends pre season race, or is it just for Nationwide runners?

Completely free all weekend (typically, now that I have no league races to prepare for :lol: )

Thanks in advance 👍

I'd prefer if any remaining spots be filled with free agent drivers, but if there's room, you're more than welcome to race.

James6653 will be driving the 2010 #83 Brian Vickers for Redbull
D4lvy is also in Redbull, I sent him a message two days ago regarding which car he is going to run in but he has yet to reply. So if you are reading this D4lvy, I need you in the 2011 #83.

Also are we running Sarthe or TRM? Because I'm heavily in favor or Sarthe. If it was between TRM and SSRX, then I'd pick SSRX. But I didn't pick SSRX because I wanted Sarthe. So yea

James.png

Well I think he may have simply preferred a full time seat over a part time offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back