GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series 2 - Provisionally Off

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 120 comments
I don't care what you call the races or the track types. What I think we all want is a decently varied schedule that allows us to enjoy a full season of racing without getting bored.

To me, the ideal schedule is as follows:

10 races WITH Motegi Oval as available DLC:
Daytona - 2 races (1 long, 1 short-medium)
Indy - 1 race (1 medium)
Motegi - 2 races (1 long, 1 short-medium)
SSRX - 1 race (1 short)
Monza - 1 race
HSR - 1 race
Suzuka East - 1 race
(Indy Road, Cape Ring Inside, Fuji GT, Autumn Ring Mini, whatever) - 1 race

Without Motegi Oval being made available:
Daytona - 2 races (1 long, 1 short-medium)
Indy - 2 races (1 short, 1 medium)
SSRX - 1 race (1 medium)
Monza - 1 race
HSR - 1 race
Suzuka East - 1 race
(Indy Road, Cape Ring Inside, Fuji GT, Autumn Ring Mini, whatever) - 2 races

I don't care what you call the races or the track types. What I think we all want is a decently varied schedule that allows us to enjoy a full season of racing without getting bored.

I agree with that (variation & fun) regardless to what we are debating. This is more for Statistical Purposes. And just trying to help develope this series into "something more than what it is" or "something closer to what it is IRL".

Agree with this, and in keeping some of the S1 tracks that guys now have setups in place for. I don't see much variation other than Montegi in and Darlington out.

My only questions are around starting S2 up. Same as SC S4, or to finish same as S4. I actually quite like it's finishing same as SC regular season.

And, to again marry up the NS and SC calendars so you have NS as the supporting races for SC.

Plus, same tracks for both helps progression.

Well, how about this? If we get Motegi as DLC...then we do 2 races there and call that our "Short Track Program" and keep the remaining races like Droptop suggested. Which is (4) SuperSpeedways, (4) Road Courses & (2) Short Tracks. And if we don't get the DLC we keep it as we have it with approximately 2/3 Ovals to Road Courses or (6) SuperSpeedways & (4) Road Courses.

So Motegi would be the only track classified as a "Short Track". This way we can keep better tracking of stats, btw I have not forgetten about, just have not got around to doing. Also, if Motegi gets in as a Short Track, we would have to keep it seperate from the current Oval section in stats. And rename Ovals to SuperSpeedways. Can we all at least agree with this???? This would apply to SC & NW.

And I'm all for NW runs as support races to SC, Knelly. But still would like to see NW get shaped into more of a "minor league" however it's done. I think S1 was done like this with the excessive road courses but that takes away from the integrity of NASCAR.

Agree with this, and in keeping some of the S1 tracks that guys now have setups in place for. I don't see much variation other than Montegi in and Darlington out.

My only questions are around starting S2 up. Same as SC S4, or to finish same as S4. I actually quite like it's finishing same as SC regular season.

And, to again marry up the NS and SC calendars so you have NS as the supporting races for SC.

Plus, same tracks for both helps progression.

I actually prefer that Nationwide run at different tracks from SC on the same weekend.

MustangRyan
I actually prefer that Nationwide run at different tracks from SC on the same weekend.

It's nice to have it ocassionally though, like this weekend where we've got 3 big races across 3 series at the same track.

This actually would make the most sense for Team practices and such.

Have around 7/10 supporting events for Sprint Cup, run a couple others on other tracks (feel free to use my created tracks Chqr), and a couple gap weeks.

Have around 7/10 supporting events for Sprint Cup, run a couple others on other tracks (feel free to use my created tracks Chqr), and a couple gap weeks.

I'd go for something like this. Have NC and SC run at the same track more often than not, but still have 3 or 4 weeks where they are at different tracks. We're probably staying away from created tracks in this Furi, since we want fuel and tyre strategy in the races. Othewise I'd put my own short track up.

Why are we using Suzuka East over regular Suzuka? I'm aware if the exhibition race from 14 years ago, but we may as well use the entire track.

MÜLE_9242;7186408
Why are we using Suzuka East over regular Suzuka? I'm aware if the exhibition race from 14 years ago, but we may as well use the entire track.

I actually love the full track. There's a lot more road for going flatout on the last two stretches before the chicane that leads to the final turn. Which leads to more flat out driving on the front stretch. I am all for either version of this track.

I prefer the East course of Suzuka because it has the characteristics of both a short oval (like Martinsville) and a road course. The full course is a good idea, though.

This was a good schedule that I think would be the best:

1. Daytona Oval - 120 laps
2. Indy Oval - 60 laps
3. Monza - 20 laps
4. SSRX - 8 laps
5. High Speed Ring - 40 laps
6. Laguna Seca - 35 laps
7. Daytona Oval - 70 laps
8. Fuji Speedway GT - 30 laps
9. Madrid Mini - 50 laps
10. Motegi Oval - 70 laps (If not Motegi, Drop the round off the calendar)
11. Suzuka East - 40 laps
12. Indy Oval - 80 laps

The issue with Autumn Ring is it's nothing like a short track, it's a road course. Madrid is like a narrow, shorter version of Pocono. Lap times were under 50 seconds IIRC and it's a much more interesting track, T2 requires a lot of commitment.

I like this schedule. It has a balance of road courses (which I like) and has pretty much no problems.

+1 to Tom's schedule.

Madrid is awful.

This would be my Sprint Cup schedule. Having Nationwide as a "support" race for most of these would be a good idea.

1. Daytona 500
2. Motegi (Indy if we don't get it)
3. Monza
4. SSRX
5. Nurb GP/D or GP/F
6. High Speed Ring, Laguna Seca or Le Mans
7. SSRX
8. Indy
Chase:
9. Motegi
10. HSR, Laguna Seca or Le Mans
12. Suzuka (full)
12. Daytona
13. Indy

Obviously, I'm not Drop and I'm not Chqr, though. But I think this would be a balanced, still oval heavy, season.

Last edited:
1. Daytona Oval - 120 laps
2. Indy Oval - 60 laps
3. Monza - 20 laps
4. SSRX - 8 laps
5. High Speed Ring - 40 laps
6. Laguna Seca - 35 laps
7. Daytona Oval - 70 laps
8. Fuji Speedway GT - 30 laps
9. Madrid Mini - 50 laps
10. Motegi Oval - 70 laps (If not Motegi, Drop the round off the calendar)
11. Suzuka East - 40 laps
12. Indy Oval - 80 laps

The issue with Autumn Ring is it's nothing like a short track, it's a road course. Madrid is like a narrow, shorter version of Pocono. Lap times were under 50 seconds IIRC and it's a much more interesting track, T2 requires a lot of commitment.

I apologise for being away. Just downloaded Minecraft and I'm hooked like a tramp on chips.

Back to business, not too keen on the return of Madrid myself. We had a bit of a first corner melee this season and what's to say we could have further road blocks with more new drivers next season.

I'd like to revert to our original 10 race schedule because I'd like drivers to run all 10 races in a stretch as Carb has done this year and not drop any races. Works well if everyone can do 10 races in one go but again might allow drivers to drop 1. We'll see.

A 10 race schedule also means in theory, we can end once the chase begins so drivers have the opportunity to slide up or down into Nationwide S3.

With amendments to our current schedule which is a 10 race one, would everyone be in favour of the removal of Monza with Laguna.

We currently have 4 road courses and 6 ovals in our current schedule and if Motegi doesn't make it, how about the introduction of Fuji.

If you're doing any more than 6 races, you have to have a drop. it's only fair. 10 Races with a drop is fine. Check out my proposed Cup schedule and maybe use that as a reference, at least for the first few races.

I'm fine with Laguna replacing Monza. I like both of them. Perhaps reinstate Monza over Fuji if we don't get Motegi.

Hmmm don't think Monza should be dropped. It's a key part of SC now, and will remain so. For that reason I believe it should remain as part if this as well.

not too keen on the return of Madrid myself. We had a bit of a first corner melee this season and what's to say we could have further road blocks with more new drivers next season.

This is why I avoid street circuits like Madrid, SSR5, Tokyo, etc. There needs to be room for cars to spin off course, or to go around in grass/sand/etc. Any place that one car spinning out can block the entire track, there is almost always at least one giant cluster****.

A lot of the amendments of this schedule depend if we get Motegi in the next month or so. It will be disappointing if we don't but even if the Oval isn't released, a Road Course Motegi isn't so bad either.

Due to a variety of issues relating to real life issues I will not be hosting this season.

I will race if I earn a seat as a part-time Nationwide driver.

I apologise to everyone but I've enjoyed S1 and I'll release an end of Season Report there.

With immediate effect, this franchise and season drops back into Drop's hands and I look forward to hosting again soon.

For the time being, I'll enjoy thunder.

Right, I think although we're not talking about changes yet in the Cup and just getting on with finishing the season, we need to get some clarification on the next season of this.

Who's willing to host the series?

I have too much on my hands right now, otherwise I would take it over full time.

I think that would be fine to be honest; you have the experience 👍

It's up to Chqr though I suppose.

I think that would be fine to be honest; you have the experience 👍

It's up to Chqr though I suppose.

Niop and Drop apparently. I'm sure whoever it is has the series in safehands anyway.

Although, I'd like it to be you to personally as you did start the concept up.

Niop and Drop apparently. I'm sure whoever it is has the series in safehands anyway.

Although, I'd like it to be you to personally as you did start the concept up.

As much as I'd like to, it's just not possible for me. Running one large series is enough work.

Is there anyone actually opposed to me hosting? Be honest, please.

Not from me Mule. I know we've had disagreements from a driver perspective, but I also believe you have the experience and enthusiasm to host this, with Niop doing the Sprint Cup.

I would suggest though that the final word is Niops on all this. Depends how much he wants to take on going forward, if anything at all.

Knelly
Not from me Mule. I know we've had disagreements from a driver perspective, but I also believe you have the experience and enthusiasm to host this, with Niop doing the Sprint Cup.

This pretty much covers my view also.

Back