GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series 2 - Provisionally Off

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 120 comments
Signing up, but I don't support anything longer than 300 miles.

No worries. I think 300 is the maximum for everyone this year. SSRX race is much shorter too. Welcome, back. 👍

Chqr, is this going to go live after the Thunder series? If so, I would suggest locking the thread until we get closer to launch, and keeping the discussion in the S1 thread. That way this thread won't get too cluttered until the time comes.

I envisioned keeping the thread open for drivers to show their interest and to keep all S2 chit-chat here about suggestions and questions and S1 chit-chat over there. We'll see how things go.

If he sticks to the same tire compound I doubt anyone going 40 on a set of tires.. I know myself and crazy pushed it at 30/31.

We're currently looking at the same compound. We may change, although unlikely.

Im interested

FrasierCrane/rustyMercedes

Welcome! 👍 Glad to see you here, mate.

Definitely interested in this, nice job Chqr.

gorsad/gorsad

Another familiar face, hello! 👍

I'm also up for this

No problem. 👍

EDIT1: Actually haven't a chance of making the timeslot, if my football games are on Saturdays, which they most likely will be.

No worries. Quite a few Nationwide drivers did part-time schedules in S1 so its fine. Depending if drivers want it, I may allow drivers to drop one race. Again, it depends on what everyone wants and whether everyone has DLC.

When this series starts I'm in, though I will miss one race due to vacation.

Again, depending if drivers want it, I may allow drivers to drop one race. Again, it depends on what everyone wants and whether everyone has DLC.

Welcome, anyway! :)

With Daytona at 120, 60, and 80 laps, it also becomes three races won with 30 lap stints. Maybe run 120, 70, and 40 lap races? It likely takes three different strategies to win:

30 laps vs 24 laps in the 120 lapper, will someone try 40 laps?
35 laps vs 24 laps in the 70 lapper.
One stop likely wins the 40 lap race, but when do you stop? Can anyone no-stop?

Yup, interesting. I thought about reintroducing the Soft Compound but those three race lengths look good. I will definitely incorporate the 70 lapper in.

Again, depending if drivers want it, I may allow drivers to drop one race. Again, it depends on what everyone wants and whether everyone has DLC.

Not to sound dumb but how does "dropping races" work?

Not to sound dumb but how does "dropping races" work?

Your worst result from the season is dropped from your points, so in a 10 week season only 9 of your races would be scored. This allows people to drop a non scoring race finish if they miss a weekend.

Will all the races have a pace lap or will some have a standing start? Just wondering.

Will all the races have a pace lap or will some have a standing start? Just wondering.

Typically, the ovals start with a two-wide rolling start, because the option is available. Road courses have one pace lap added to the race distance, so that a two-wide rolling start can be done on lap 2.

Oh, didn't know the ovals had the rolling start option. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ever since I entered this series I've started getting more and more interested in real world NASCAR, and it's very exciting, just a bit confused about the layout though.

With Daytona at 120, 60, and 80 laps, it also becomes three races won with 30 lap stints. Maybe run 120, 70, and 40 lap races? It likely takes three different strategies to win:

30 laps vs 24 laps in the 120 lapper, will someone try 40 laps?
35 laps vs 24 laps in the 70 lapper.
One stop likely wins the 40 lap race, but when do you stop? Can anyone no-stop?

👍 I like Droptop's idea! I can get 40 laps without incident!!!
So it would look like a two stop for me, then a one stop and lastly a no stop.

👍 I like Droptop's idea! I can get 40 laps without incident!!!
So it would look like a two stop for me, then a one stop and lastly a no stop.

Don't forget NW is Medium tires. That 40-lap no-stop strategy is going to be really tough.

Don't forget NW is Medium tires. That 40-lap no-stop strategy is going to be really tough.

He got 35 last week at Daytona, don't know if 40 is possible at Indy though.

He got 35 last week at Daytona, don't know if 40 is possible at Indy though.

No chance. Some people two-stopped the 40-lap NW race at Indy in week 2 this season.

Tyre wear really that bad on mediums there? :nervous:

Tyre wear really that bad on mediums there? :nervous:

I think the top 3 finishing cars all managed to one-stop the race. If I remember right, Smuffy pitted at lap 16 or 17, and went 23-24 straight laps to finish the race in 2nd place. I know his second stint was a lot longer than his first stint.

So for say a 50 lap race it could be one stopped, since smuffy went 23-4 I'm sure if being really tentative all the way 25 could be done, especially if not in the draft.

I 2-stopped, but that was before I knew how to set the car up for this place.

I would personally like to see more variation in road courses.

👍

Also, Chqr, you may be better off keeping this in the Interest Checks sub-forum for now, if only to avoid any confusion in the threads.

In both series they are dominated by Ovals, and that's what is trying to be maintained in both series. Other than a potential change if road course from one already been, I can't see extra road courses being implemented.

However there are other GTP NASCAR series that implement a more varied, and road course heavy, schedule.

The Thunder series for one, plus another that will be introduced in the next few weeks.

Which of the other road courses would you guys have in mind? If you meant adding more road courses, what Knelly said is my opinion.

Which of the other road courses would you guys have in mind? If you meant adding more road courses, what Knelly said is my opinion.

One I would like to see is Laguna Seca.

Aside from that, probably one of the Cape Ring variations. Wasn't there one in the Sprint Cup calendar, only to get cut?

Aside from that, probably one of the Cape Ring variations. Wasn't there one in the Sprint Cup calendar, only to get cut?

That was Cape Ring Inside.

I think Clubman Stage Route 5 worked well when we tested that a while ago.

Carbonox

Yeah, it was due to time restraints or a schedule change IIRC. Laguna Seca is a good idea though.

In both series they are dominated by Ovals, and that's what is trying to be maintained in both series. Other than a potential change if road course from one already been, I can't see extra road courses being implemented.

However there are other GTP NASCAR series that implement a more varied, and road course heavy, schedule.

The Thunder series for one, plus another that will be introduced in the next few weeks.

There's nothing wrong with going at least 75/25% or less for Ovals. As of right now, there's only 2 in the game (no, custom tracks don't count) and it does get pretty repetitive.

Uh, a lot lol.

Nurb GP/F or GP/D, Laguna Seca, Daytona Road, Spa, bring Le Mans back, etc.

Replace Suzuka East with normal Suzuka, too.

I think we went over this before though :(

I for one am not too keen on Monza again after the corner-cutting issues we've had this season.

I'd like to try out Cape Ring Inside, Indy Road or even Le Mans in replacement for Monza.

Laguna Seca is another contender.

We'll see after Thunder where we are racing at Indy Road and Laguna.

I for one am not too keen on Monza again after the corner-cutting issues we've had this season.

I'd like to try out Cape Ring Inside, Indy Road or even Le Mans in replacement for Monza.

Laguna Seca is another contender.

We'll see after Thunder where we are racing at Indy Road and Laguna.

I was thinking of Cape Ring South or Fuji Speedway GT (NASCAR ran there once, I believe, and it was originally going to be made for a NASCAR Japan series) to replace a Daytona race, while Laguna Seca can replace Monza.

NASCAR has run exhibition races at Suzuka East (which we have) and Motegi oval (which we don't have).

Other tracks that would have worked well for our league from prior GT games would be Sears Point/Infineon (actual NASCAR event), Fuji 80's (similar to Watkins Glen - fast and simple), and the Motorsports Park mini oval (would be a great short track).

Latest Posts

Back