Nationwide Series | Main Thread Open!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 127 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I intend on attending several of these events, whenever posable. Just been waiting for it to evolve a bit before chiming in.

Exactly what we wanted then, good.

Would like to stress that we will need Sprint Cup drivers to come and race with us as we're unlikely to get a full grid of 12+ people without them. Obviously there's no obligation and you won't be eligible to win the Championship, but you can gain some seat time and check out some of the upcoming drivers. So feel free to drop into the races whenever you can 👍

So it's ooooooonnnnnn again...

Only thing I really want to be different from Sprint Cup, is a more European-friendly timeslot.

Some good racing last night, more enjoyable then the sprint cup. Looking forward to this taking off.

With a little less power, a little more weight, and a little more grip in the tires, running side-by-side at Daytona was much easier in these cars. The Nationwide-spec cars are definitely more stable than their Sprint Cup counterparts. This should be an excellent primer series for drivers that want to race NASCAR competitively without jumping straight into the Sprint Cup.

Exactly. A lot of drivers who may wish to drive for the Nationwide Series may have never driven a Nascar in an online lobby and given a championship for Nascars with less power, more weight and more grip, the cars will handle better. It should help new drivers adapt to Nascars more easily and we were able to almost make it three wide in the tight turn four.

Definitely going to be a real thrilling series if we get a handy turn out.

At the end of the day, it would be great if we could get a lobby of 16 Nascar drivers in the Sprint Cup with mics on and no lag but that's looking unlikely at this moment in time.

Furinkazen
Would it work if I shifted WSM to Sundays?

Sure it would for most of the guys but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me because of the F1 series.

Right well let me know when you have a schedule, I'm working on TOCA's new season as I speak :)

If they don't organize it and run it, I will. The interest definitely seems there.

Definitely still on fellas, there just hasn't been too much discussion because there's a long way to go until the green flag. Nationwide won't begin until the Sprint Cup S3 starts obviously.

Definitely still on fellas, there just hasn't been too much discussion because there's a long way to go until the green flag. Nationwide won't begin until the Sprint Cup S3 starts obviously.

Thats saves WSM! :D

But screws TOCA...

Thats saves WSM! :D

But screws TOCA...

Haven't you considered a weekday slot for TOCA? None of the guys who frequent it are American. Just a thought, even though I won't be involved in it 👍

Haven't you considered a weekday slot for TOCA? None of the guys who frequent it are American. Just a thought, even though I won't be involved in it 👍

I am never around regularly on weekdays...

I am never around regularly on weekdays...

Fair enough, just a thought.

EDIT: By the way gents if the the new team owners do vote FOR the option to own a Nationwide team and take part in a driver 'draft', the main thread will be up very quickly after the Sprint Cup ends as we'll need to get a list of sign ups before the draft begins 👍

Last edited:
I haven't seen too many different drivers looking for a Nationwide seat though... :nervous:

I might actually run Sprint Cup alongside Nationwide depending on the draft.

I haven't seen too many different drivers looking for a Nationwide seat though... :nervous:

I might actually run Sprint Cup alongside Nationwide depending on the draft.

Interest Checks never gets any traffic, we should get more interest once we have a professional looking thread up in the main section 👍

And when Sprint Cup drivers show up they will run for their Sprint Cup team, earning team points for them. Remember Carb that you can only compete for the drivers championship in one of the two, just like IRL.

Interest Checks never gets any traffic, we should get more interest once we have a professional looking thread up in the main section 👍

And when Sprint Cup drivers show up they will run for their Sprint Cup team, earning team points for them. Remember Carb that you can only compete for the drivers championship in one of the two, just like IRL.

hmmm... food for thought for me...

Putting myself forward for this. As I have little chance in the sprint.

Depending on whether I get a Sprint Cup ride or not, someone else may end up hosting this. All the info and the schedule is on the OP so it would be easy for somebody else to pick it up.

Awesome :) So how does signing up work? Do you drive for a team or is it a first-come first-served basis? Thanks :)

PNuTButR
Awesome :) So how does signing up work? Do you drive for a team or is it a first-come first-served basis? Thanks :)

You'll drive for a team that you can come to agreement with mate 👍

Extremely frustrated I can't run this Sunday nor last Saturday. Just been a season of all sorts this year in the Sprint Cup this year.

5 consecutive drive-thrus in the 500 and a disconnection ended my only race of the season.

Resigned as a Red Bull driver after that due to work commitments which I can safely say are now sorted.

Entered myself into SSRX exhibition and due to unfortunate circumstances, didn't get a good run.

Promised a return for the last five chase races.

Came ill with severe stomach cramps and missed the first chase race.
Due to unfortunate circumstances, being the lag and bug, couldn't race in the Indy race.
Due to more unfortunate circumstances due to being seconds too late after waiting for the chase drivers to show up, couldn't race at HSR.
Despite offers from chase teams, I could not race in the last daytona race and cannot race this saturday because of more stomach cramps.

Its not been an ideal season for me. Nascar is definitely my ballpark. For sure, experience or race ups may not be on my side but I am an avid Nascar driver with a spreadsheet of over 12 tunes, race in regular full bhp lobbies in USA and I like to think I am a capable driver that hasn't necessarily had the breaks when I needed them.

Given this season, I'd like to get a ride in the Nationwide. So this is an advert for anyone that's looking for a teammate for next season.

Cheers, Chqr.

Was the main argument for not using cautions 'promoting clean racing'? I think it would be a nice addition but if it's already been discussed at length, forget it 👍

EDIT: Meant to post this in the Cup thread, sorry :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back