Nationwide Series | Main Thread Open!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 127 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the season has ended I'm going to PM the new team owners and ask them if they like the draft idea. If it works out, great, if not I'll set a date from when you can cement your place in a car.

Fair point, testing is in order.

Since the Nationwide cars will have 50bhp less and 35kg more than the sprint cup cars, the wear would still be fairly similar between the two.

Any ideas when you will do some testing? I'll try to join when you are. I'd also put myself down as a maybe for this series. I wouldn't join another series otherwise due to not having to time to test and practice, but the cars will be similar enough to the sprint cup cars that I can save myself some time. (I'm currently in 3 series- Sprint cup, IndyCar, and 90's DTM). I'm lucky to have gotten nearly all the testing out of the way for all the series (My IndyCar setups won't change, sprint cup setups won't change for ovals and only need slight adjustments on different road courses, and a teammate in the DTM is providing me with setups.)

Since the Nationwide cars will have 50bhp less and 35kg more than the sprint cup cars, the wear would still be fairly similar between the two.

Any ideas when you will do some testing? I'll try to join when you are. I'd also put myself down as a maybe for this series. I wouldn't join another series otherwise due to not having to time to test and practice, but the cars will be similar enough to the sprint cup cars that I can save myself some time. (I'm currently in 3 series- Sprint cup, IndyCar, and 90's DTM). I'm lucky to have gotten nearly all the testing out of the way for all the series (My IndyCar setups won't change, sprint cup setups won't change for ovals and only need slight adjustments on different road courses, and a teammate in the DTM is providing me with setups.)

Drop suggested that we use Softs because he thought the races would be a lot shorter, I think since the schedule is looking towards longer races we should use hards. I can't test Saturday night because I've got a 3 hour Le Mans enduro hosted by Brett, Sunday?

If you're going to run medium-length races, go for racing mediums.

Drop suggested that we use Softs because he thought the races would be a lot shorter, I think since the schedule is looking towards longer races we should use hards. I can't test Saturday night because I've got a 3 hour Le Mans enduro hosted by Brett, Sunday?

Sunday should be Ok. 👍

If you're going to run medium-length races, go for racing mediums.

I honestly think hards will be fine as the races are still pretty long (see tentative schedule on OP).

Okay Joe 👍

Hards give you knowledge for the Sprint Cup when you move up.

mixture of both as I have seen the tracks with right hand turns and the official NASCARs
But the Nationwide bit is the same as yours ;)

Damn you Furi. I so badly wanted to drive the #11. My favourite Nascar Driver hands down. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to take the #18 or #14 or #20 and race alongside you if that's open.

EDIT: Ah, to be honest any car is good enough. Not entirely bothered.

Last edited:
Any updates? Especially the tire choice still looks open... I would also like to know whether or not Sprint Cup team owners would have ownership of Nationwide teams as well.

It's hards as of now, team sito will be finalized after the Sprint Cup draft.

There will be a test tomorrow night from 22:00GMT onwards in my lounge. We're going to try out the Nationwide specs at Daytona, Indy and a road course, most probably Madrid mini.

^Looks at timing with WSM and curses...

I'll see if I can help testing.

Sorry to drop you guys in it but I've had connection issues tonight and I'm feeling really ill, think I've got the flu. Feel free to go ahead without me but won't be able to host.

If its cool with everyone, I'd like to get tonight's Nationwide Testing underway. I'm quite a regular public lobby host so its in a Public Lobby.

Room Number: 1472 - 6681 - 3759 - 3053 - 1308 or just Friend Request me.

As Tom said, just some small races checking out tire wear and tracks.
Mics On

EDIT: Today, I've managed a lobby of 15 Nascars, mics on with a reduced screen rate but no lag or evident glitch.

If its cool with everyone, I'd like to get tonight's Nationwide Testing underway. I'm quite a regular public lobby host so its in a Public Lobby.

Room Number: 1472 - 6681 - 3759 - 3053 - 1308 or just Friend Request me.

As Tom said, just some small races checking out tire wear and tracks.
Mics On

EDIT: Today, I've managed a lobby of 15 Nascars, mics on with a reduced screen rate but no lag or evident glitch.

Cheers mate, you're a legend 👍

We had a good turnout today to test the prospective Nationwide specs (453hp and 1600kg). I think the cars were solid and the competition was tight. I think the Medium tires will probably be the better choice for these cars, as most of the races will be relatively short, and it will give more options for pit strategy. Either way, this should be a very competitive and fun series. I'm looking forward to watching these races, if the grids are not full.

We had a good turnout today to test the prospective Nationwide specs (453hp and 1600kg). I think the cars were solid and the competition was tight. I think the Medium tires will probably be the better choice for these cars, as most of the races will be relatively short, and it will give more options for pit strategy. Either way, this should be a very competitive and fun series. I'm looking forward to watching these races, if the grids are not full.

Argh the timing... 👎

MustangRyan

Sounds good, all of it 👍

With a little less power, a little more weight, and a little more grip in the tires, running side-by-side at Daytona was much easier in these cars. The Nationwide-spec cars are definitely more stable than their Sprint Cup counterparts. This should be an excellent primer series for drivers that want to race NASCAR competitively without jumping straight into the Sprint Cup.

MustangRyan
With a little less power, a little more weight, and a little more grip in the tires, running side-by-side at Daytona was much easier in these cars. The Nationwide-spec cars are definitely more stable than their Sprint Cup counterparts. This should be an excellent primer series for drivers that want to race NASCAR competitively without jumping straight into the Sprint Cup.

Exactly what we wanted then, good.

Would like to stress that we will need Sprint Cup drivers to come and race with us as we're unlikely to get a full grid of 12+ people without them. Obviously there's no obligation and you won't be eligible to win the Championship, but you can gain some seat time and check out some of the upcoming drivers. So feel free to drop into the races whenever you can 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back