Nationwide Series | Main Thread Open!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 127 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if it seems like I'm asking too many questions, It's just better to be sure :)
But will there be any upcoming races which I can enter in order which could sort of be seen as a 'tryout'?

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm asking too many questions, It's just better to be sure :)
But will there be any upcoming races which I can enter in order which could sort of be seen as a 'tryout'?

You could try get a seat for the Brickyard 500 Sprint Cup S3 finale, but they may be completely full. Otherwise, there'll be at least a couple of prospective team owners in the Daytona 500 spot race here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=238574

Chqr is sharing the running of the Nationwide Series with me as I have a full time ride in the Sprint Cup and won't be making all the races. Chqr will have the thread up in the next few days I think, all you have to do is register your interest on the new thread and team owners from the Sprint Cup will contact you to sign you up if they're interested.

I be taking over RCR from here. I'll pick my car last and Akmuq can claim whatever car he wants. Mudd, you in?

I'd be interested in running a limited schedule in here. Maybe I could split the schedule with another Sprint driver and share a Nationwide car, something along those lines.

If we do the minor league thing:
Akmuq would be driver #1 for RCR
I would be driver #2/ Mudd could split my seat half season
Dowhat can drive 3rd seat or we can find a third driver and Dowhat can be a reserve driver for us.
Let's see how this owner draft in cup series plays out. So we know who is left to fill these NW seats.
Other Cup drivers should post similar to mine to determine some things so we can move forward with our league.

SGR can advise that they will be looking to fill both seats with non Sprint drivers if possible.

We are looking at rookies who we believe in and can put our skills, experience and expertise into, grooming them to become future Sprint Cup Title Contenders.

This will also give us a four car team to work with through the season.

Further announcements to be made once all seats are filled in the top flight.

If we could fill all the seats with 'Nationwide only' drivers then certainly we should do so. I'm only interested in driving in here to help fill the field and to assist anyone who is using this series as a start into the NASCAR racing. I wouldn't want to keep any interested drivers from running in here by taking a spot myself.

If we could fill all the seats with 'Nationwide only' drivers then certainly we should do so. I'm only interested in driving in here to help fill the field and to assist anyone who is using this series as a start into the NASCAR racing. I wouldn't want to keep any interested drivers from running in here by taking a spot myself.

Exactly what I'm going for in here, I just want to get the ball rolling already on our organization of the league. We need more drivers to chime in.

Exactly what I'm going for in here, I just want to get the ball rolling already on our organization of the league. We need more drivers to chime in.

I think all of the drivers left are hoping to land with Red Bull in the Sprint Cup. It doesn't make sense to volunteer here before you know all the seats are claimed in the Sprint Cup. I think once all the seats are finally settled in the Sprint Cup, there will be a flurry of activity here to get a seat. Once a few drivers wash out of the Sprint Cup (a virtual guarantee in the first three weeks), the top running Nationwide drivers will certainly get the strongest consideration to move up.

Ok well u have RCR commited to NW and Joe's Rickware Team look commited too. And I think RFLX was looking to do what my team is currently doing with me, mudd n dowhat volunteering to fill our seats if needed. So its some progress. But yes your right, let's have Red Bull in cup series fill up first. Then we can conclude in here.

Ok well u have RCR commited to NW and Joe's Rickware Team look commited too. And I think RFLX was looking to do what my team is currently doing with me, mudd n dowhat volunteering to fill our seats if needed. So its some progress. But yes your right, let's have Red Bull in cup series fill up first. Then we can conclude in here.

My Rickware Team? I don't have anyone yet, so I wouldn't say we're commited.

If you want to fill one of the 2 Ford seats in Nationwide, send me a PM.

Sorry I was going by the OP:

Tentative Sign-Ups

-TomMcD (Ford)
-Furinkazen (Ford)

-Carbonox
-Chqr
-Niop (Sprint Cup driver)
-Joe (Sprint Cup Driver)(Ford)

Or if you are interested in SGR under the guidance of Niop and myself, PM myself please.

I've got rid of the signups on the OP and have put team info on there. Going to drum up some interest.

Hey, how would Friday at 8PM-ish sound? It can take the timeslot I had for Suzuki Swifts and won't clash with TOCA/WSM.👍

I beleive this needs to be a Saturday thing mate. Saturday is now known as NASCARday!

Yup, Saturday before the Sprint Cup. It's taking the old TOCA timeslot 👍

Team owners, PM or post on the thread if you've got a driver for a seat so I can update the OP for Chqr when he makes the proper thread 👍

We have our final team owner! If you want to run for a team make sure to PM the team owner, all info on the OP 👍

Sure ACDC, talk to MStall your team boss about it. Maybe you could all run a Sprint Cup car between you, doing races when you can, and have two rookies pilot the other cars?

TOCA will be back probably around 8 weeks time, so I probably cannot do theses races.

Made a post in the sprint cup thread about my position as owner and it applies to nationwide. Interested drivers can contact me, just don't expect speedy replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back