GTP WRS-Online : Event 50 : F1 Summer Break Blues

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 144 comments
manumanu19
I'd love to race this one but I only have the F10 in my other account not the GTP account. Does someone have a spare 24 (or whichever ticket has the F1 car) ticket they could send ?

I'm sure someone will hook you up. We have one in the 3d3 garage, but I have no access until Tuesday night. Could send it to you then, but won't leave time for practice.

I'd love to race this one but I only have the F10 in my other account not the GTP account. Does someone have a spare 24 (or whichever ticket has the F1 car) ticket they could send ?

I'll send you one tonight 👍

Hydro
I'm running my offline tune with only slight changes to the LSD and toe.
I dropped the Decel LSD setting to 6 (from 9) and added ~+0.10 to the rear toe (from 0.00) and lowered the rear BB by 1 (5/2).
I the car turns too fast online you could always just drop the front damper rates by 1 at a time until it handles the way you like. eg:
9/9
7/7
Becomes :
8/9
6/7

I didn't find the grip changes required much re-tuning TBH, it's still really well balanced, but turn 1 was getting to me - cutting really close to the apex caused several spins.

20/20 is way too stiff on the spring rates ... makes the car very unforgiving. Compared to offlone it's way twitchier on the kerbs.

Right now, I'm at:

17.5/18.0
6/7
5/5
7/7

2.8/2.2
0.00/0.12

LSD 9/45/8

Aero 148/200

I took the decel back up because the change recommended above made the car prone to snap oversteer at La Source.

Hey guys, I race in the Ferrari F1 league hosted by IMMORTALPILOT and if you guys want I can give you a freebie tune just to help you guys out at Spa ;)

Cheers :cheers:

Downforce - 150/200

LSD - 5/5/10

Suspension:
19.8/20.0
8/9
9/8
5/6

Toe: -.10/.20
Camber: 3.5/2.0

Brakes: 7/4

This tune easily does 1:43s on softs full tank and mid 1:44s on mediums full tank.

20/20 is way too stiff on the spring rates ... makes the car very unforgiving. Compared to offlone it's way twitchier on the kerbs.
20/20 is still working for me ;) Different strokes.....👍
Real grip reduction does make quite a difference though.

Hey guys, I race in the Ferrari F1 league hosted by IMMORTALPILOT and if you guys want I can give you a freebie tune just to help you guys out at Spa ;)

Downforce - 150/200

LSD - 5/5/10

Suspension:
19.8/20.0
8/9
9/8
5/6

This tune easily does 1:43s on softs full tank and mid 1:44s on mediums full tank.

Thanks 👍
Most of us are new to F1 races online so it's nice to have a nudge in the right direction.
I was running mid 1:44's on softs when I ran some quick tire tests yesterday using basically my offline tune.

ghskilla

Downforce - 150/200

LSD - 5/5/10

Suspension:
19.8/20.0
8/9
9/8
5/6

Cheers mate, will give this a go!

Do you guys have race results from your Spa race saved/posted somewhere? Curious what the range of best laps and stint lengths were in your series on various compounds.

PS> Found the best laps at least. That 1'41.1 seems a bit untouchable. :boggled:

raceresultsspadata.jpg

Last edited:
Like most cars once fuel gets low you get faster, except with this car it becomes faster by a second. And my tune might not work for everyone, since this car is very hard to figure out, you might have a tune that works well on softs, or it might be bad on softs but faster on mediums :irked:. It takes a while to find out the right tune for the car, but you usually need a near open diff and max downforce. Suspension is up to you. Good luck in your race guys 👍

20/20 is still working for me ;) Different strokes.....👍
Real grip reduction does make quite a difference though.

I was running mid 1:44's on softs when I ran some quick tire tests yesterday using basically my offline tune.

Not so much "different strokes" as different disciplines. A stiff setup might be best for ultimate speed on one lap but in a race of ~30 laps we're going to want something with a wider set of error bands.

With mine I got to a 1:46 which is about right given our relative places on the TT board. It probably isn't a "fast" tune but it does give me a little more confidence the car won't snap-spin if I so much as look at a kerb.

Immortal's 1:41 is the giveaway here. I'm sure the top guys on our TT board have posted faster times, but I'm also sure Immortal's faster than them in an F1 car. So there must be a significant difference in race/online setup versus TT/offline.

I'll try ghskilla's suggestion but from the numbers it looks a bit twitchy. Main point of departure is the diff settings, obviously.

Downforce - 150/200

LSD - 5/5/10

Suspension:
19.8/20.0
8/9
9/8
5/6

Nice tune especially on the tires, I was able to do about 10 good consistent laps without any significant tire ware I think my tires were just under 50% when I pitted at lap 11. My fastest time was a 1.43.5 I think I can go a bit faster considering my car isn't fully broken in.

The only thing thats a bit worrying is the LSD, right now Im on stock and the car seems to want to spin in low speed corners (la source, and the bus stop)

There doesn't seem to be much of a difference between in softs and medium tires, i was getting similar grip and similar speeds, but then again I wasn't refueling in my stints so that might be the reason for the similar speeds

Ill try Hydro's setup and see if its faster

Not so much "different strokes" as different disciplines. A stiff setup might be best for ultimate speed on one lap but in a race of ~30 laps we're going to want something with a wider set of error bands.

With mine I got to a 1:46 which is about right given our relative places on the TT board. It probably isn't a "fast" tune but it does give me a little more confidence the car won't snap-spin if I so much as look at a kerb.

Immortal's 1:41 is the giveaway here. I'm sure the top guys on our TT board have posted faster times, but I'm also sure Immortal's faster than them in an F1 car. So there must be a significant difference in race/online setup versus TT/offline.

I'll try ghskilla's suggestion but from the numbers it looks a bit twitchy. Main point of departure is the diff settings, obviously.

I'm not sure I get your point, my point is that what does not work for you is working perfectly fine for me and could for others as well. I'm still at 20/20 and staying there. I'm also all over the rumbles on most corners and so far it's been fine.
The 'significant difference' between TT's and online times are due to tire wear, Fuel, the 'real' grip setting and online physics - online is always slower. That doesn't mean the online setup is / has to be slower, the car is by default.

-------------
I'll post the details for the start, and if we are using different compound tires this evening.

Heard through the grapevine you gentlemen have an F1 race coming up, let me know if it's possible to get in on that goodness. I'm decent... :)

(No interest in the time trial though.)

Heard through the grapevine you gentlemen have an F1 race coming up, let me know if it's possible to get in on that goodness. I'm decent... :)

(No interest in the time trial though.)

If you are listed in the Official GTP Registry you are welcome to join the event, but otherwise you have to run and submit the qualifier and wait for it to be processed to get on the registry first and that process wouldn't be complete in time for this event. But it's worth doing if you want to join us for future events.

There is no requirement to run the time trial.

If you are listed in the Official GTP Registry you are welcome to join the event, but otherwise you have to run and submit the qualifier and wait for it to be processed to get on the registry first and that process wouldn't be complete in time for this event. But it's worth doing if you want to join us for future events.

There is no requirement to run the time trial.

Was hoping being 3 out of 27 in the GTP F1 league this season might earn me a free pass for this one if you guys wanted some real competition.

Spa was my worst race this season as I was wrecked early but qualified 2nd with a 1:42.1 no ABS... let me know if you change your mind(s). ;)

Was hoping being 3 out of 27 in the GTP F1 league this season might earn me a free pass for this one if you guys wanted some real competition.

Spa was my worst race this season as I was wrecked early but qualified 2nd with a 1:42.1 no ABS... let me know if you change your mind(s). ;)

Sorry, no exceptions (Immortal also asked by the way), all our sanctioned events require being listed in the registry.

At the same time all drivers are welcome to run the registry qualifier and this is NOT an exclusive club. It doesn't matter if a driver is fast, slow or somewhere in between. We understand it takes a bit of effort up front to get setup properly and run the qualifier, but hopefully we offer enough with our online and offline events that the rewards are worth the investment. If it's not for everyone that's fine too. :cheers:

Sorry, no exceptions (Immortal also asked by the way), all our sanctioned events require being listed in the registry.

At the same time all drivers are welcome to run the registry qualifier and this is NOT an exclusive club. It doesn't matter if a driver is fast, slow or somewhere in between. We understand it takes a bit of effort up front to get setup properly and run the qualifier, but hopefully we offer enough with our online and offline events that the rewards are worth the investment. If it's not for everyone that's fine too. :cheers:

Rules are rules, I respect that. Good luck to you all, maybe once the season is over I'll hop over here for something different. Take care brother!

Rules are rules, I respect that. Good luck to you all, maybe once the season is over I'll hop over here for something different. Take care brother!

Look forward to racing with you if you do. Good luck catching Immortal for the rest of the season. :lol:

Look forward to racing with you if you do. Good luck catching Immortal for the rest of the season. :lol:

It'll take a lot more than luck to catch the fastest GT5 F1 driver in the world. He's just too good.

If anyone is up for some online F1 practice, just join me in the main lobby.
Tires, and all the details are essentially worked out, but I'd like to try a couple of things before I post them.
All drivers will qualify on Race softs, that part is certain 👍

If anyone is up for some online F1 practice, just join me in the main lobby.
Tires, and all the details are essentially worked out, but I'd like to try a couple of things before I post them.
All drivers will qualify on Race softs, that part is certain 👍

I can join for abit, im still up lol, being nocturnal an all !

I'm pretty confident in my setup, as long as I don't hit certain curbs that immediately send me spinning out of control.

How can I get Spa on my GTP account?
I have it on my primary account, and I've installed everything on my GTP account's DLC list, but Spa wasn't on the list.
Will I be able to race if I don't have it?

I have it on my primary account, and I've installed everything on my GTP account's DLC list, but Spa wasn't on the list.

Try downloading it again from your main account, I think it should register as long as your using the same ps3.

The other option maybe to download the Track Family upgrade from the ps store and install that one, this option didn't work for me for some reason, I was only able to get it buy redownloading everything from my main account.

robiker

There's a "Family Pack" for the first DLC that needs to be downloaded from the PS store and activated on your main account. The first DLC release wasn't automatically available on all accounts, and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth; they patched it with that.

No, you wouldn't be able to, otherwise, but that should fix it.

EDIT: Tree'd 👍 It's called "Course Pack Family Upgrade" in our store. There's a corresponding Racing Car Pack Family Upgrade, too.

Last edited:
Hows everyone breaking in their F1 cars, how many laps does it take, I tried using B-spec but it wont let me now I think ill have to drive it myself

manumanu19
Hows everyone breaking in their F1 cars, how many laps does it take, I tried using B-spec but it wont let me now I think ill have to drive it myself

I just drove mine for the offline TT, and it had 200km or so to start with from the seasonal(s), which would also be profitable.

However....

Speedy6543
Even Bob can't break the engine in...
GT Mode - free practice - Indy SuperSpeedway - rubberbanded controller. :sly:

Downloading the Family Pack did the trick. Thanks guys.
I broke my car in at Indy - 76 laps. I've heard that seasonal events add miles, but won't help with break in. Haven't tried it myself.

Back