GTP WRS-Online : Event 50 : F1 Summer Break Blues

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 144 comments
Does anybody have some individual gears they can post?

Cheers.

This is what I used for the TT

Final Gear Full Right
Top Speed Full Left

1st - 4.185 (minimum number)
2nd - 3.085
3rd. - 2.439
4th - 1.998
5th - 1.679
6th - 1.421
7th - 1.215

Then Final Gear down to 5.500 (Giving a top speed of about 341 km/h

It seems to work well for me

Downloading the Family Pack did the trick. Thanks guys.
I broke my car in at Indy - 76 laps. I've heard that seasonal events add miles, but won't help with break in. Haven't tried it myself.

Done one of the seasonal's and it seems to be working

Quick question, after the car is fully broken in, is anyone doing an engine rebuild with the oil change or just the oil change

Jumping in for some practice if anyone wants to join

I certainly didnt think I was that close to Ren in that last test race last night! :lol:

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps1.jpg

TwistedMetal
I certainly didnt think I was that close to Ren in that last test race last night! :lol:

I thought I felt something whooshing over my head... :D

Must have been a draft.

Quick question, after the car is fully broken in, is anyone doing an engine rebuild with the oil change or just the oil change

Jumping in for some practice if anyone wants to join

Just an oil change.

Engine rebuild needs to be done when, after an oil change, you still can't get up to full power (726 HP in this case).

Just an oil change.

Engine rebuild needs to be done when, after an oil change, you still can't get up to full power (726 HP in this case).

I think it was ~200 miles give or take on my last new F10 and an engine rebuild to get to 726hp.

That was a lot of fun 👍

This combo mixes up the whole field with the spins and run offs :)
The quali and start procedure went very well, works quite good.

Signed up as a reserve, hope I can make it in time.

I crashed in the practice had a slight delay so i was overwhelmed by people coming at me, I thought I had a bit of a cushion to try and turn back but the wrecked car had balance issues that kept me spinning. I had to pit to stop the madness. Its a shame cause in the first practice race I didnt even spin once, I was pretty happy with myself there.

Was fun tonight guys. I even managed 2 podiums somehow :sly:

@n0ize - When you spun on the last lap of the 1st race at Eau Rouge, I was so close to nearly hitting you, must of been about an inch of room :lol: Wish I had saved the replay to see it again.

I lowered my front wing from 150 to 147. It appears to have fixed the snap oversteer I was getting when I hit certain curbs, particularly the right side of Eau Rouge on the climb. Doesn't affect the handling anywhere else and doesn't even change the PP value.

Also decided to go with ABS for online as my braking was being compromised with it off. Even though I can't get the same feeling in the car with it on, I'll take that extra safety with the brakes over better turn-in.

Im using the F1 Series tune, it doesnt have any issues when i hit curbs especially in eau rouge, however you can get some oversteer in very low speed corners on exit, other than that its pretty good.

Im using the F1 Series tune, it doesnt have any issues when i hit kurbs, however you can get some oversteer in very low speed corners on exit, other than that its pretty good

Run a lower rear damper set than front to give you more stability coming out of the turns, sometimes short shifting helps too depending. If it's really bad make anti roll 7, 6 although I think keeping them at 7,7 is ultimately faster.

Run a lower rear damper set than front to give you more stability coming out of the turns, sometimes short shifting helps too depending. If it's really bad make anti roll 7, 6 although I think keeping them at 7,7 is ultimately faster.

Cheers, ill try that hopefully get a bit closer to Twissy's quali lap :boggled:

NINE_HUNDRED
Was fun tonight guys. I even managed 2 podiums somehow :sly:

@n0ize - When you spun on the last lap of the 1st race at Eau Rouge, I was so close to nearly hitting you, must of been about an inch of room :lol: Wish I had saved the replay to see it again.

Did my gear ratios help?

Last edited:
Cheers, ill try that hopefully get a bit closer to Twissy's quali lap :boggled:

From the numbers twissy was posting in our forum last night he's really fast and would be in the top 5 of our league even though we have a big experience headstart. All I'm saying is don't beat yourself up too badly over it, he seems to have a firm grasp on tuning and he's quick to boot.

I'd love to know what tune he's using myself, the fastest (practice) time possible would likely be in the 36s and he was in 40s already. The league numbers you guys have for fastest time are set during the race, doesn't count qualifying or practice times.

All I'm saying is don't beat yourself up too badly over it, he seems to have a firm grasp on tuning and he's quick to boot.

Nah not at all, Twissy is way out of my league, even with DRS I dont think I would catch him

the fastest (practice) time possible would likely be in the 36s and he was in 40s already.

Online of Offline? Either way thats quick, Id love to know the tune you use to get 36s including gear ratios

Nah not at all, Twissy is way out of my league, even with DRS I dont think I would catch him

Online of Offline? Either way thats quick, Id love to know the tune you use to get 36s including gear ratios

Online regular room fastest possible, ie perfect. Immortal and I both use no abs but with abs and low fuel he could probably hit consistent 37s. He was the fastest time on the Monaco F1 time trial, fastest in the world that I've raced against by a long shot.

Check out his time compared to the next fastest in the world, pretty big gap: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/event/d6339.html

Artmann the guy in second has the 13th fastest time. Try to hit those to get an idea how fast they are, it's insane.

Edit: BTW I didn't practice so not sure what my times would be for Spa but I'd guess 38/39 at best. I don't consider myself in the same driving class with Art and Immortal, still learning the ropes just drove this thing for the first time in May, my strength right now is consistency - very few mistakes during races.

Last edited:
Online regular room fastest possible, ie perfect. Immortal and I both use no abs but with abs and low fuel he could probably hit consistent 37s. He was the fastest time on the Monaco F1 time trial, fastest in the world that I've raced against by a long shot.

Check out his time compared to the next fastest in the world, pretty big gap: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/event/d6339.html

Artmann the guy in second has the 13th fastest time. Try to hit those to get an idea how fast they are, it's insane.

Come join Immortal and myself in his lobby... we're doing some running

Come join Immortal and myself in his lobby... we're doing some running

Waiting on a friend of mine right now for some Battlefield 3 action so can't setup the wheel, hopefully you guys are on later tonight!

I can't catch him anyway he's so much better than me it's not even funny, are you having any luck?

I'm really liking my setup now. It's Marc's with a few changes. Still need to work on the gearing for slipstream but I've had almost no time in the slipstream to see what needs to be done.

But here it is...

Aero: 147/200
BB: 5/2

20/20
9/7
8/6
7/7
3.0/2.0
-0.05/0.10

9/45/6

I've been able to take Eau Rouge flat out with no risk of losing it on the right side curb.

I'll be on about 10 eastern Shawn if you want to try some runs through sectors 1 and 3 to see how nuts the draft is here.

I'll be there around 11 15 EST. Hopefully there are still people around so we can run some races, as well as practice starts.

Latest Posts

Back