Doog's Regular Replicas (NEW: Honda Accord LX)

• Thread starter Doog
  • 403 comments
Cool!
Could you also try finding the proper combination for this gearbox? This is is supposed to be the real gearbox for the Golf V TDI 170, but I haven't been able to find the correct procedure to obtain the same ratios in GT5:

3.769, 2.087, 1.324, 0.977, 0.772, 0.644 (first choice)
3.769, 2.087, 1.324, 0.919, 0.714, 0.599 (alternate values, should be ok)
Final gear: 3.684

(please note that I have already calculated the correct ratio for the 5th and 6th gear, which have a different final gear ratio than the first four gears in real life)

No worries mate, 3.100 final then set max speed all the way up (261mph), with this I was able to get your first choice:tup:

Thanks, I spent literally hours on that yesterday and couldn't find a solution. Now I just need to be 100% certain that the first one is real gearbox for this car. It's not that easy to find out. Maybe an official brochure could sort this out.

Last edited:
Actually, the Infinity G37 is a Nissan Skyline 370GT, it's just sold under Infinity for the US-market.
I also suggest making a BMW 123d (120d base) and a BMW 130i (120i base). 👍

Oh my god, i forgot to thank you for the Gt-s! thanks :lol:

Speaking of the G37, i actually planned to do the IPL version a while ago but lost interest when i found out what it actually was.

Could you maybe make a 335i from 07? Or maybe something like a G37 from Infiniti

I think I actually have a 335, or maybe a 328i, I'm not sure, replica lying around. But that was back before this thread existed, so it's just a 'casual' replica. I'll have to dig it up and make it more accurate.

Actually, the Infinity G37 is a Nissan Skyline 370GT, it's just sold under Infinity for the US-market.
I also suggest making a BMW 123d (120d base) and a BMW 130i (120i base). 👍

I'll look into that. 👍

Oh my god, i forgot to thank you for the Gt-s! thanks :lol:

Speaking of the G37, i actually planned to do the IPL version a while ago but lost interest when i found out what it actually was.

You're welcome. :lol:
I actually have a complete, tuned up, IPL replica in my garage that I created before this thread came about. I'll have to go dig it up, thanks for reminding me. :dopey:

Updated Queue...

• Mercedes-Benz A200 Turbo
  • Citroen Xantia 2.1 Turbo D12
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Sport '86
  • Porsche Boxster S '13
  • Ford Focus RS500
  • Mini Countryman JCW
  • Fiat 500 Edizione Maserati
  • Volkswagen Golf V 2.0 TDI 170 DPF
  • Volkswagen Golf IV TDI 1.9 150 Sport
  • Chrylser 300 SRT8 '12
  • BMW 130i
  • BMW 123d
  • BMW 328i Sedan

Whew, long list!

Last edited:
Long list indeed, Il wait till you have cleared the list until I post some requests. 👍

These ''regular cars'' replicas are awesome! :)

Infiniti G37 IPL
Based off the Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
Painted in Super Black

SpecialStageRoute5_30.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_31.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_32-1.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_33-1.jpg

The Recipe

GT Auto

Front Aero 1
Rear Aero 1
Paint the wheels in Dark Silver/Grey
Oil Change

Tuning Parts

Stage 1 Engine Tuning
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Single-Plate
Flywheel: Sports
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension
Sports Soft Tires

Ballast Amount: 49 kg
Ballast Position: 0

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission

Top Speed: 143 mph
Final Gear: 3.360

1st: 4.821
2nd: 3.190
3rd: 2.040
4th: 1.574
5th: 1.314
6th: 0.971

Suspension

Ride Height: -5, -10
Spring Rate: 11.0, 8.4
Dampers (Extension): 7, 7
Dampers (Compression): 6, 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 3, 4

Camber Angle: 0.8, 0.4
Toe Angle: -0.08, 0.10

LSD

Initial Torque: 25
Acceleration Sensitivity: 35
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Brakes: 5, 10

Specs

Horsepower: 352 at 7100 RPM
Torque: 281 lb-ft at 5600 RPM
Weight: 1709 kg
Performance Points: 474

Comments:

The IPL G37 quietly found its way to Infiniti dealers in the United States two years ago, and nobody really said anything. The only things they did say were that the IPL was overpriced, and didn't actually change the G37 much. Nonetheless, it was actually a legitimate performance counterpart to the G37, which was already a very good car. The IPL-ized G37 features a light bump in horsepower, a bit more weight, more aggressive gearing, and s sports suspension. The main difference here is how the G37 handles, and it handles quite good. Thanks to excellent sports tires and good suspension tuning, the IPL G37 has remarkably good handling characteristics. It grips for the first part of the corner, and then gently switches to oversteer by the end, making it quite fun to drive without actually having to be an expert driver.
Acceleration is fine, but you'll be hard pressed to recognize if it's actually any faster than a regular G37. Braking is very powerful, and slows this massive coupe down to a stop quickly. It's remarkably stable under braking, and combined with planted handling characteristics instill confidence in the driver and make the IPL an encouraging car to drive.

I think sports soft tires are definitely too much for street cars.
Sports hard tires are already supposed to be entry-level/road legal semi-slick tires. Very few cars, generally track-oriented ones, would have them equipped by factory, as they would be too dangerous for everyday driving.

I also find that the brake balance is better tuned with the ABS off.
By turning it off it gets clear that, as it should be in real life, front brake strength should be higher than rear.

I think sports soft tires are definitely too much for street cars.
Sports hard tires are already supposed to be entry-level/road legal semi-slick tires. Very few cars, generally track-oriented ones, would have them equipped by factory, as they would be too dangerous for everyday driving.

I also find that the brake balance is better tuned with the ABS off.
By turning it off it gets clear that, as it should be in real life, front brake strength should be higher than rear.

Then take my tunes and put comfort tires on them. :sly:
Sports softs are generally my go-to tire for whatever driving I'm doing, so I tend to put them on the replicas as well.

Mercedes-Benz A180 CDI
Based off the Mercedes-Benz A160 Avantgarde '98
Painted in Mercury Silver

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_19.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_20.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_21.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_22.jpg

The Recipe

GT Auto

Engine Rebuild
Chassis Restoration
Paint the wheels Silver

Tuning Parts

ECU Tuning
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Sports Exhaust
Low RPM Turbo Kit
Height-Adjustable Suspension
Comfort Soft Tires

Ballast Amount: 130 kg

Power Level: 54.9%

Transmission

Top Speed: 130 mph
Final Gear: 3.240

1st: 3.423
2nd: 2.222
3rd: 1.389
4th: 1.022
5th: 0.771

Suspension

Ride Height: 18, 18
Spring Rate: 6.5, 5.7
Dampers: 2, 2
Camber Angle: 0.0, 0.0

Brakes: 5, 5

Specs

Horsepower: 107 at 5200 RPM
Torque: 182 lb-ft at 3100 RPM
Weight: 1245 kg
Performance Points: 333

Comments:

The Mercedes-Benz A180 CDI is not a fast car by any means. A small diesel four pot saddled to long gears and a quite a bit of weight (for this size class) make the littlest Merc a little slug. 0 to 60 comes eventually, and 0 to 100 comes next year. Because you'll always be doing 50 mph at full throttle, you'll never really have to strain the Merc's limits in the corners. Though, it's certainly not an excitement there. Body roll is abundant and steering isn't too responsive.
But really, this is not a performance car. This is a city car, and it does city very well. While it may be noisy when getting up to speed, the A180 gets up to around 45 mph quick enough and settles into low, quiet RPMs at speed. At highway speeds, it's still a very subdued drone from the exhaust, and making small adjustments in speed is easy. That said, the Merc lacks passing power, so you're best off planning your next overtake 2 weeks in advance. But still, it's an excellent car for regular driving, and that's what makes the little Merc a good car. It's practical, it looks nice, it has enough power for normal driving, and nobody else has one.
Shift at 4800 RPM.

Last edited:
A suggestion: with the '05 standard BMW 330i if you apply around 53.5% power limiter after engine rebuild you can "make" a 318d. Depending on the exact setting you can make peak power appear at around 3600 rpm (closer to 4000 rpm than 5100 rpm or more)

Gear ratios: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/40129566/Technical-Data---ACEA-BMW-3-Series-Sedan-(E90)

4.002, 2.108, 1.380, 1.000, 0.780, 0.645
final gear: 3.070

The closest I've been able to do:
- Full custom gearbox
- Set default
- Set final gear to 2.960
- Set Max Speed to 420 km/h
- Set final gear to 3.070
- Set gears to 4.000, 2.108, 1.380, 1.006, 0.799, 0.645

Interesting site for petrol BMW gear ratios:
http://www.bokchoys.com/differential/GearRatios.htm

EDIT: oh sorry, just noticed you already made a 525d.

Last edited:
BMW 335i Coupe
Based off the BMW M3 Coupe '07
Painted in Melbourne Rot

EigerNordwandShortTrack_24.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_25.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_26.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_27.jpg

The Recipe

GT Auto

Oil Change
Paint the wheels Silver

Tuning Parts

Weight Reduction Stage 1
Fully Customizable Suspension
Sports Hard Tires

Ballast Amount: 36 kg

Power Level: 71.5%

Transmission

Top Speed: 211 mph
Final Gear: 3.077

1st: 4.110
2nd: 2.315
3rd: 1.542
4th: 1.179
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.846

Suspension

Ride Height: -10, -10
Spring Rate: 8.7, 10.3
Dampers (Extension): 6, 6
Dampers (Compression): 5, 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4, 4

Camber Angle: 0.6, 0.3
Toe Angle: 0.00, 0.20

Specs

Horsepower: 302 at 5900 RPM
Torque: 301 lb-ft at 4000 RPM
Weight: 1525 kg
Performance Points: 459

Comments:

The 335i is quite a good car, I know that, you know that, everyone does. It looks better, is faster in some cases, and has a vastly better interior than the 5er, and looks way better than the 1er. And it's fun to drive, and that's exactly what the 335i delivers. It's handling is so precise, and the steering is so direct, but yet, it feels imperfect, but in a good way, like it has some feelings of its own. Despite giving you so much control over every little input you put down to the road, the 335i isn't boring and expected like, say, the most recent GT-R. It slides about, and it slides some more, but it's a containable slide, so you're never trying to countersteer too much and just messing everything up.
It's a containable slide, but yet, it's a fun slide as well, it just seems natural, lightly tapping the wheel in the other direction and expertly recovering from a cloudy drift. Acceleration is quite good, but I wish the gears were closer together to add some more drama to it. Braking is alright, but it takes a little longer than expected to slow this little hulk down from high speeds. So overall, it's quite good, and there's one more bonus: it's a 335i, so people know you're not just trying to get that BMW badge for cheap, like say, a 318i owner. People will take you seriously with this 3er.
Shift at 7000 RPM.

BMW 318d
Based off the BMW 330i '05
Painted in Alpinweiß

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_19.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_18.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_20.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_21.jpg

The Recipe

GT Auto

Engine Rebuild
Chassis Restoration
Paint the wheels Silver

Tuning Parts

Stage 1 Weight Reduction
Height-Adjustable Suspension
Comfort Medium Tires

Ballast Amount: 18 kg

Power Level: 53.5%

Transmission

The Process:

• Set default
  • Set final gear to 2.960
  • Set Max Speed to 420 km/h
  • Set final gear to 3.070

1st: 4.000
2nd: 2.108
3rd: 1.380
4th: 1.006
5th: 0.799
6th: 0.645

Suspension

Ride Height: 13, 13
Spring Rate:
Dampers:
Camber Angle: 0.0, 0.0

Specs

Horsepower: 143 at 3300 RPM
Torque: 232 lb-ft at 2500 RPM
Weight: 1390 kg
Performance Points: 371

Comments:

This is a car that feels faster than it is. Despite having a piddly 143 horsepower from it's two liter four cylinder, the 318d benefits from nicely spaced gears, and not a whole lot of weight to pull around, so the basest Beemer is quite nippy in traffic. It launches strong, even if it does take nine seconds to get to sixty. Even at highway speeds, the 318d continues to impress you, with its effortless power always on reserve, and it's surprising passing power.
Handling is very neutral, which can be good or bad. Here, it's good. Even on comfort tires, it sticks to the road nicely, and never seems to understeer. If you push it enough, you also discover some light oversteer, but it's more of a quick kick of the tail, but that's alright; most 318 owners don't know what oversteer is. Overall, it's quite a nice car, and makes a very appealing alternative to lazy diesel sedans, and some of the 318's more powerful, but heavier, stablemates.
Shift at 5000 RPM.

Also, a big thanks to SHIRAKAWA Akira for finding and perfecting the transmission ratios, which play a big part in making this car so good. 👍

Last edited:
By the way, what I proposed was a 318d (diesel engine), not a 318i (gasoline engine). The additional link at the end of the post was an extra one for gasoline-engined BMWs, not directly related with the 318d but which might prove out useful for other replicas. Sorry if it wasn't very clear from the original post.

Last edited:
By the way, what I proposed was a 318d (diesel engine), not a 318i (gasoline engine). The additional link at the end of the post was an extra one for gasoline-engined BMWs, not directly related with the 318d but which might prove out useful for other replicas. Sorry if it wasn't very clear from the original post.

Oh... :dunce:

Doog
Shift at 5000 RPM.

Another thing I noticed that you might want to take into account for future diesel replicas.
Most modern turbodiesel-engined cars sold in Europe quickly drop in power after 4000-4200 rpm at most. Definitely 5000 rpm would not be a realistic gear shifting point for these engines (exception: some chiptuned diesel cars or high-end twin turbo BMW diesel engines).

This is the torque/power chart of the real life 2 liter 143 hp BMW diesel engine used for the previous replica (look at the dashed lines called "original"):

Power-Plot-x480y540-240-0.png

Acceleration video of a BMW 318d. See the typically used rpm range under heavy acceleration. Note that this is the automatic gearbox version (different ratios than the manual one):

Last edited:
This one is pretty close!

2011 Mini Cooper SD
Specifications: http://libraryofmotoring.info/pdf/specifications/2011-mini-cooper-sd-hardtop.pdf

base: 2011 Mini Cooper S (DLC). The 2007 version should be ok too.

- Ballast: 85 Kg, position -40 (1225 Kg)

- Sports ECU
- Sports Intake Manifold
- Racing Air Filter
- Sports Exhaust Manifold
- Catalytic Converter: Sports
- Low RPM Range Turbo Kit

- Power Limiter to 63.7% (144 hp)

- Fully customizable transmission
- click default
- set final gear to 3.300
- set max speed to 420 km/h
- set final gear to 3.706
- set gears: 3.308, 1.870, 1.194, 0.872, 0.721, 0.596

- Fully customizable suspension
- Ride height: 30/30 (to make it back to stock)
- spring rate: 2.6/2.8 (stronger front springs for heavier engine and transmission - overall spring rate 7.5% higher reflecting added weight compared to the gasoline model)
- Dampers: 3/3/3/3
- Anti-Roll bars 2/2
(EDIT: with 1/1/1/1 damper settings and 1/1 ARB the car seemed less precise and more bouncy than stock. So I changed these settings. This could have at least in part something to do with ride height, which needs to be higher with the fully customizable suspension kit in order to look the same as stock. Must investigate on the real causes)

Camber: 0.5/1.8
toe angle: 0.30/0.40

Wheel alignment source: http://www.ehow.com/list_7712916_r53-mini-alignment-specifications.html
(these are for the 2007 Mini, not sure if they're valid for the 2011 model too)

Brake Balance: 6/2
Comfort Soft tires

Max. Power 144 HP @ 4000 rpm
Max Torque 30.8 kgfm @ 1800 rpm

Shift preferably at 4000-4200 rpm, don't go over 4700 rpm.
It's a diesel!

Extra (might be useful later): '05 Mini Cooper S wheel alignment values:
http://www.mini2.com/forum/first-ge...-cooper-s-ss-suspension-data.html#post1451778

Last edited:
base: 2011 Mini Cooper S (DLC). The 2007 version should be ok too.

Hey mate,

I don't own the DLC's, but when I make it from a 2007, would I call it a 2007 Mini Cooper SD or is it 2011 specs?
I like to label the replicas in my garage correctly 👍

Keep up the awesome work you do in this thread!!

Cheers :cheers:

What I mean is that for an authentic driving experience one shouldn't shift at redline in modern diesel cars because in real life the power/torque drop would be so drastic that the car would decrease accelerating very noticeably. This doesn't happen in GT5 because the power limiter makes the power curve flat and there's not much we can do about that since we're just pretending we're driving different engines.

A typical diesel would behave like this after peak power. This is the previous chart I showed for the 2.0l turbodiesel engine of the BMW 318d (the very same engine equipped in the Mini Cooper SD, by the way). The chart originally stopped at 4400 rpm, but this is what would happen in real life if we were to go at higher rpm:

69aKD.png

Mmmkay, read your whole thing about the shift points. Perhaps I should just say don't go above 5000 RPM then. I won't recommend shift points because most people's driving styles are different. Personally, I usually shift at 4000 RPM, but some people don't, so, I don't include it for the sake of keeping things simple.

I've decided to take a little break from making replicas because I just don't feel up to it at the moment. Scouring the internet for specs doesn't seem appealing, trial and error tuning seems tedious, and Grand Valley makes me want to vomit. And since forcing yourself to do something you don't really feel like doing yields poor work, I'm not making any more replicas until I feel motivated again. That could either be in a week, or in a few hours.
In other words, I'm taking a small break.

I've decided to take a little break from making replicas because I just don't feel up to it at the moment. Scouring the internet for specs doesn't seem appealing, trial and error tuning seems tedious, and Grand Valley makes me want to vomit. And since forcing yourself to do something you don't really feel like doing yields poor work, I'm not making any more replicas until I feel motivated again. That could either be in a week, or in a few hours.
In other words, I'm taking a small break.

Thanks for all your great replicas mate:tup: and enjoy your break, hope to see you back soon with more great vehicles to build:D

Back