F.I.T.T 2000 Shootout

• Thread starter NEWDRIVER2
  • 385 comments
Think I'm going to end up in group B.:drool:
I love the Toyota GT2000, it's extremely fast in straighter sections of tracks, but those skinny old tires just won't let it compete with the S2000 cornering machines. By the way which S2000s are eligible? You have multiple years and the real world tuner versions of the car in game.:odd:

It's the premium one. S2000'06. :)

tronrider345
It's the premium one. S2000'06. :)

XDesperado67
Think I'm going to end up in group B.:drool:
I love the Toyota GT2000, it's extremely fast in straighter sections of tracks, but those skinny old tires just won't let it compete with the S2000 cornering machines. By the way which S2000s are eligible? You have multiple years and the real world tuner versions of the car in game.:odd:

XD I love this GT2000 also and I hope I can tame it ;). For the S2000 any year plus the one in NCD but the tuner cars not allowed . So which car you are putting your finger on it .

Edit : I think you will enter the ST165 ;)

XD I love this GT2000 also and I hope I can tame it ;). For the S2000 any year plus the one in NCD but the tuner cars not allowed . So which car you are putting your finger on it .

Edit : I think you will enter the ST165 ;)
That Fairlady is another beautiful car and surprisingly fast in a straight line, but just not sure if its skinny tires will let it keep pace in the twisty bits. So yes currently I'm leaning towards the Celica, but still conducting testing here.:drool:
May also give the RS-X a try while I'm at it, even if it is a Skyline.:lol:

Toyota Celica 2000GT-FOUR (ST165) '86

This is my car. I'll check later what i have to do with it, i don't understand really but also i haven't read so well,good cars in there.:)👍

trackripper123
FTR, it's a 2000GT, not a GT2000. :lol:

Anyway, I'm out unless someone's willing to test drive for me again. :P

:lol: I'm sleepy when I wrote that good to point it out thanks my friend . 👍

praiano63

This is my car. I'll check later what i have to do with it, i don't understand really but also i haven't read so well,good cars in there.:)👍

Welcome my friend . 👍

XDesperado67
Go ahead and put me down for the Celica as well please.👍👍

I know from the first that you will enter this car XD because this is your favorite car 👍 but also I think of the Fairlady as well any way good choice 👍

Edit: 10 tuners 2 testers so far who else ? ;)

Last edited:
First entry ??? !!!

I forget the Torque differential : Front 30% Rear 70%. (Thanks Newdriver).
Semtiacutetulo.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

Car on share

><(((((°>°°°°°°

Last edited:
Great job Praiano 👍 I will link it later when I will be not on phone ;).

Edit : Is it on share so I start to test it .

Last edited:
I had the great honor of running some cars with a fellow Clueless member, Newdriver, and an Outlaw, Harvey, last night. Very good cars you two :cheers:. We all will have our work cut out for us.... oh and sorry for the poor driving and smoke screen :dopey:. (I'm just not a good tuner/driver :lol: )

I had the great honor of running some cars with a fellow Clueless member, Newdriver, and an Outlaw, Harvey, last night. Very good cars you two :cheers:. We all will have our work cut out for us.... oh and sorry for the poor driving and smoke screen :dopey:. (I'm just not a good tuner/driver :lol: )
Was fun, hope we can do it again soon.👍👍
Just wish my connection was more stable.:drool:

krenkme

Thanks Krenkme for the fun yesterday:tup: I think the second car you use it very good . :lol: if you are not good tuner how you won this last Shootout and if you don't know how to drive good how you tune your cars :dopey:

XDesperado67
Was fun, hope we can do it again soon.👍👍
Just wish my connection was more stable.:drool:

Yes, again would be nice. Sorry I had to leave :drool:

NEWDRIVER2
Thanks Krenkme for the fun yesterday:tup: I think the second car you use it very good . :lol: if you are not good tuner how you won this last Shootout and if you don't know how to drive good how you tune your cars :dopey:

Luck, beer, and the love of cars is the answer :dopey:

Here will be my test for the cars ;).

Wheel g27 , All Aids off , ABS 1 , Manual Transmission , Controller Steering Sensitivity 0 . Grip Low . Offline mode .

6 Laps each car for GVS
4 Laps each car for La Sarth

Theo777 cars
Nissan skyline HT 2000 RS-X Turbo C (R30)'83 and '84

GVS
Lap time : 6 Laps Green / 6th lap 2:07.806
DC : 5.0

La Sarth
Lap time : 2 Laps Green / 4th lap 4:18.850
DC : 4.0

Theo I loved your car in GVS and I record the fastest lap time in my test for this Shootout and almost all the laps I recode new time until the sex lap .👍

GVS :
The car drive perfect smooth powerful
Gearing is very good
Power delivery excellent
Corner entry excellent
Mid corner excellent
Corner exit excellent
I can't say any thing more lap time and rate talk about this car
Put I notice one thing that gear 2 and gear 3 there is bug between them as sometimes shift good and sometimes no .
I love the way she slide taking the corner as the brakes helping it too much .
Brakes is short .
Well done my friend 👍

In La Sarth I didn't like the car here as she is giving sometimes over steer and sliding .
Top speed 173mph

Praiano Car

When I jump to this car the first impression is like I use Racing Soft Tires not Sport Soft Tires so I go back again to be sure that car running on SS .

GVS
Lap time : 6 Laps Green / 4th lap 2:07.921

La Sarth
Lap time : 3 Laps Green / 2nd lap 4:15.171
DC : 5.0

This car Tamed well from Praiano . It felt smooth easy to drive little of happy tail but I love it like that . I can fell of under steer but not affecting the car when you are turning or entering the corner or maybe because my bad driving .

Corner entry after the long straight is good , Mid corner perfect , corner exit excellent .

Acceleration very quick , gearing is good I almost use 2nd and 3rd gear , brake is short as you don't need to brake early .

After I run this car in GVS I went to my garage and I look for one and I tuned like this 👍

Great job my friend 👍

In La Sarth the car very fast as it can hit 175 to 177 mph . And the acceleration very active polling the car to jump to high speed very fast .
Corner entry very good med corner good corner exit excellent 👍.

And I will not say this is the fastest car here but maybe it will be the second fastest car after 2000GT :dopey:
But over all is good car 👍 thank you

XDesperado67

GVS
Lap time : 6 laps Green / 3rd lap 2:08.261

La Sarth
Lap time : 4 Laps Green / 4th lap 4:15.492
DC : 4.5

Another fun good car but with deferent numbers.
This car tamed well
Gearing is good , had more by little under steer but this one effecting the turn in and also for the lap time .
Brake is long you need to brake early to let her smooth to turn .
Gearing is very good but the 6th gear is too long and let the car lose here push power when you shift from 5th gear to 6th gear .
Turn in you will fell of the under steer but still better than my car or maybe becaus my driving skill .
Mid corner good corner exit is what I like in this car sharpe and the car react more faster .
Top speed 176 in Sarth .
In GVS every thing is very good but the first corner after long strait you need to take this corner wider before you enter it as to let her take the corner in harmonic 👍
Good fun car .Thank you .

Krenkme
Fairlady ( Eliza )

GVS
Lap time : 4 Laps Green / 6th lap 2:09.450
DC : 3.0

La Sarth
Lap time : 2 Laps Green / 4th lap 4:20.230
DC : 3.5

Wow Adam you made a drifting car in this Shootout but I still mange to drive it .
The car have a lot of body roll as she is smoking every where .
she is fast and gearing is good .
Corner enter is the key of making lap time if you mange that and under stand the car how she react you will make it and don't push her to the limit .
Mid corner is good .
Corner exit throttle control as if step on gas fast she will get angry fast as the rear wheel want to be front of the front wheel .
You need to lower the acceleration sensitive to let her take her breath to move slow in corner .
My problem in La Sarth is corner number 19 before the finished line and corner number 11th as most of the time I spin out in those corners .
Thank you .

Onboy123 Car
Nissan skyline HT 2000 RS-X Turbo C (R30)'83 and '84

GVS
Lap time : 5 Laps Green / 4th lap 2:08.650
DC :3.5
La Sarth
Lap time : 3 Laps Green / 2nd lap 4:19.650
DC : 3.5
This car is like a copy of XD car on the brake side :lol:
The brake on it almost the same . it helping the car to turn but its not giving any chance to be mistaken because if press on it more she will spin as I'm turning my wheel just 10 to 15 % if more than that it will spin in mid corner or maybe because my driving skill very bad .

Gearing is too too too long .
Power deliver good in first and second gear but the left 3 gears its too slow and the power is muting .

The car tuned good but most I don't like is the gear on it .

C-ZETA
Lantis Coupe 2000

GVS
Lap time : 6 Laps Green / 4th lap 2:09.560
DC :3.5
La Sarth
Lap time : 4 laps Green / 4th lap 4:18,560
This is FF car and the only car FF car in this Shootout .
But really the tune you put it on it remove all the filling of the Understeer FF cars well done sir .
Gear is good
Acceleration is good
At La Sarth the car had speed of 174

Driver choice :

1- Praiano 1st favorite car
2- Theo 2nd favorite car
3- XD 3rd favorite car
3- C- Zeta
5- Onboy
6- Krenkme

Last edited:
IMHO about the test driver should be :

XDesperado67
ABS1 and the Driving line are the only authorized driving aids allowed the Test Drivers, and all testing is to be conducted with tire wear/fuel consumption off and grip reduction set to real, so tune accordingly.
(Taken from the FF shootout by XDesperado67)

tronrider345
IMHO about the test driver should be :

(Taken from the FF shootout by XDesperado67)

👍 good to point that .
Harvey I use Grip : off is it okey or not ?

@Newdriver it is your Shootout so you get to decide if grip set to real should be mandatory or not.

As long as all entries get tested using the same settings it isn't that important really.
Grip off will give slightly faster lap times and is more forgiving to hanging a tire or two off the track so it's easier to run fast laps with.

XDesperado67
@Newdriver it is your Shootout so you get to decide if grip set to real should be mandatory or not.

As long as all entries get tested using the same settings it isn't that important really.
Grip off will give slightly faster lap times and is more forgiving to hanging a tire or two off the track so it's easier to run fast laps with.

Thanks my friend for the quick replay 👍 as I said you can use Grip real or Low for the tester .
For me I use Grip low . Thanks again Sir .

@tronrider that last bit you highlighted from my previous post is referring to each individual test driver and not all test drivers as a group. So one driver can use grip real and another grip off. The point is that all cars tested by that driver have the same course settings and driver aids. That applies to all settings so a driver shouldn't set say their DS3 sensitivity to -2 for one car and +7 for another.

@tronrider that last bit you highlighted from my previous post is referring to each individual test driver and not all test drivers as a group. So one driver can use grip real and another grip off. The point is that all cars tested by that driver have the same course settings and driver aids. That applies to all settings so a driver shouldn't set say their DS3 sensitivity to -2 for one car and +7 for another.

Oh ok , I missunderstood it then, but I understand what you are saying. :)

I'm going to post my tune is a bit .. :)

I did grip low for the Rally vs. Street event simply because I am annoyed by having to change it to "grip real" for every single test car, everytime. Default is fine if all cars are tested using the exact same settings.

Has anyone charted the difference between low and real? The manual says "Grip Reduction on Wet Road/Track Edge." Since we are running fastest clean lap time, I would guess that there would be absolutely no difference in this setting???

Hmm, looking at the remaining car choices I am thinking something Nissan for this shootout. I noticed the '83 Skyline HT 2000 Turbo RS (R30) isn't on here... is it legal for this shootout?

Theo777
Hmm, looking at the remaining car choices I am thinking something Nissan for this shootout. I noticed the '83 Skyline HT 2000 Turbo RS (R30) isn't on here... is it legal for this shootout?

Welcome Theo 👍 yes it's allowed I will update OP now .

I did grip low for the Rally vs. Street event simply because I am annoyed by having to change it to "grip real" for every single test car, everytime. Default is fine if all cars are tested using the exact same settings.

Has anyone charted the difference between low and real? The manual says "Grip Reduction on Wet Road/Track Edge." Since we are running fastest clean lap time, I would guess that there would be absolutely no difference in this setting???
On many tracks you can hang a couple wheels off the edge in corners and not get a red flag. With grip real you end up with dirty tires that don't grip as well for the next couple corners doing that, while grip low doesn't give you the dirty tires. Means you can run much more aggressive lines with grip low than with grip real so you'll get faster lap times.

...Ahh! But I miss the chance to do another KPGC110 tune! (Funny how two of the tunes I have for both the KPGC110 and the Lantis reference the same series...and even the same family tree. :lol:) Or an ST165 tune! (Actually, the fastest car my mum said she ever drove was an ST185...legend :lol:) Still, I don't really care.

Oh, and don't mind my rambling in brackets too much. I just can't help myself at times :lol:

460PP is pushing the Lantis a little though. I mean, my max tuned Lantis only gets to 477 with a wing, but for the most part I should be alright with it. It's a good job I have so many sitting as spares in my garage! :lol: I think I even already have the name for it...and it mixes two previous names of my Lantis tunes together :mischievous: :cool:

Right, I'll just stop now. :lol:

I didn't even know what the Lantis was untill i saw this post, so naturally i had to give it a go useing the tune in your garage, WOW what a great handling car i loved every minute i spent driving it, a job well done on the tune:tup:

I think I have it down to two cars... and they're very slow :dopey:. One handles better but one is quicker in acceleration.... :confused:

Oh, and I may regret this, but put me down (tentative ) as a tester :scared:

Last edited:
Back