F.I.T.T 2000 Shootout

• Thread starter NEWDRIVER2
  • 385 comments
CyKosis1973
I can't remember what times I was posting at La Sarthe yesterday, but at GVS I posted a handful of 2:09s in free run and 2:10s under race conditions (on draft-free laps). I think anywhere between 2:09-2:12 is decent enough. All 450PP đź‘Ť

{Cy}

EDIT:

160mph?? I might just be able to hang with the S2000s then. I've seen the Toyota run a few mph faster than that without draft. If someone makes one that's a pleasure to drive, we're all in trouble. I've gone along similar lines to yourself, opting for the old GT-R. It looks great, sounds great and goes pretty well. Plus I had to choose before my wife saw the adorable Fairlady and insisted that I use it instead of the GT-R..!!

Yes this is the time for GVS đź‘Ť for all the 450pp and in La Sarth it will be between 4:08 to 4:15 I think so let see . For Toyota is deferent story in La Sarth ;) .

160mph?? I might just be able to hang with the S2000s then. I've seen the Toyota run a few mph faster than that without draft. If someone makes one that's a pleasure to drive, we're all in trouble.

I ran almost the same lap time at LaSarthe with the Honda S2000 and the Toyota GT2000. I am also within 1.5 seconds at Grand Valley with a nearly done S2000 tune and an 80% of the way there GT2000. I think it can be a close fight, but with the head cold this week, I don't think I have it in me to work for that extra 20%.

Motor City Hami
I ran almost the same lap time at LaSarthe with the Honda S2000 and the Toyota GT2000. I am also within 1.5 seconds at Grand Valley with a nearly done S2000 tune and an 80% of the way there GT2000. I think it can be a close fight, but with the head cold this week, I don't think I have it in me to work for that extra 20%.

Don't let Trackripper to Quote you the same he do with me :lol:

trackripper123
FTR, it's a 2000GT, not a GT2000. :lol:

160mph?? I might just be able to hang with the S2000s then. I've seen the Toyota run a few mph faster than that without draft.

My GTR is running in the mid 160mph range, but it's really quite the compromise to make, since the acceleration isn't all that impressive and shift lag is more like a yawn between the gears. :lol:

Toyota Celica 2000GT-FOUR (ST165) '86
Drivers
1- XDesperado67
2- Praiano63https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...77#post7773777
3- ????

Still 1 free space for a tune of this car. One of the best car in the game for me at this PP. Drive like a dream.đź‘Ť

I think the BMW and Fairlady and GT-R 2000 '73 maybe no one they will look for them . But I think the GT-R '73 if got any notice from any tuner it will do better is it ??!

NEWDRIVER2
I think the BMW and Fairlady and GT-R 2000 '73 maybe no one they will look for them . But I think the GT-R '73 if got any notice from any tuner it will do better is it ??!

:sly: don't you remember the cars I tested with you and Harvey? :dopey:

My GTR is running in the mid 160mph range, but it's really quite the compromise to make, since the acceleration isn't all that impressive and shift lag is more like a yawn between the gears. :lol:

Us '70s kids won't be hurried into anything :sly:

{Cy}

You're using the '73? I was wondering why no one used itÂ…always thought it looked better than the '70 one I'm using. Even if it can't be turbo'd like the older model.

krenkme

Yes I remember but I think you aren't happy with it . That's why I don't know that you are working on it :dopey:

MrGrado
My S2000 does GVS in ~2:06 and does ~170mph.

Wow that is good time mate I'm getting scared about my car time . ;)

Onboy123
You're using the '73? I was wondering why no one used it…always thought it looked better than the '70 one I'm using. Even if it can't be turbo'd like the older model.

Well it's between that or the Fairlady. Not sure yet. Both a little on the loose side right now, but I like 'em :dopey:

The Fairlady is a beautiful car, with much better grip than the Toyota 2000GT. Would be a shame if no one entered one in the Shootout.

I'm online now if anyone is still interested in some driving.

Loving 2.09 so far. Was having some troubles with a very slight understeer and feeling of heaviness with my Celica offline and was actually getting faster laps online with it. Now the offline feels nearly identical to the online and my GVS time is down to a 2:08.8xx.:D
Still need a bit of fine tuning but think it will be a bit easier with this new update.

Sorry I didn't get to run with you guys. Updated to the new spec and had to go do something else :grumpy:. Next time đź‘Ť

Hey ND, would it be possible for me to switch cars to the '67 Toyota 2000 GT I'm finding that car more suited to my driving style.

krenkme
If you're on in six hours, I'm there :dopey:
krenkme
Sorry I didn't get to run with you guys. Updated to the new spec and had to go do something else :grumpy:. Next time đź‘Ť

No problem my friend đź‘Ť but you messed the fun yesterday . I hope you can make again. Thank you Adam .

MrGrado
That was cool racing guys.

Thank you MrGrado,Praiano,CyKosis,Ronald and Thiagoturbao for joining my lobby yesterday that was cool fun races đź‘Ť

ACSR421
Hey ND, would it be possible for me to switch cars to the '67 Toyota 2000 GT I'm finding that car more suited to my driving style.

Done ACS đź‘Ť I will put your name under the 2000GT .

XDesperado67
I'm online now if anyone is still interested in some driving.

Loving 2.09 so far. Was having some troubles with a very slight understeer and feeling of heaviness with my Celica offline and was actually getting faster laps online with it. Now the offline feels nearly identical to the online and my GVS time is down to a 2:08.8xx.:D
Still need a bit of fine tuning but think it will be a bit easier with this new update.

Yes I had some under steering with some of my cars and some of the cars I felt that they became slower than before that because of the effect of the ride hight changes . But later I start to figure it out . Sorry we sign out early and you didn't made it to join us . Thank you XD đź‘Ť

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused. What am I doing? Do I submit my times for each of the cars at each of the tracks?

SVX
I'm a bit confused. What am I doing? Do I submit my times for each of the cars at each of the tracks?

You need to drive each car in those tracks as 6laps in GVS and 4Laps in La Sarth and say how is the car drivable and felling of it plus the green lap you make it for each car in practice free run as you can see that you cut the corner or not .

You need to drive each car in those tracks as 6laps in GVS and 4Laps in La Sarth and say how is the car drivable and felling of it plus the green lap you make it for each car in practice free run as you can see that you cut the corner or not .

By green lap do you mean fastest lap?

Thanks for the clarification BTW. :)

SVX
By green lap do you mean fastest lap?

Thanks for the clarification BTW. :)

Green lap, simply means a lap that was not 'illegal' by the games standards in the offline-test mode of the game. Like when you hit a wall, or cut a corner, it makes the lap 'red' and the time won't count. Only green laps are legal to submit your fastest lap.

Adrenaline
Green lap, simply means a lap that was not 'illegal' by the games standards in the offline-test mode of the game. Like when you hit a wall, or cut a corner, it makes the lap 'red' and the time won't count. Only green laps are legal to submit your fastest lap.

Thank you Adrenaline for make it better clear than what I said đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Edit : @MrGrado can you put your car on share so I can test it thank you đź‘Ť
Sorry you are Group A and I can't test your car my car in this Group forget about what I said .

Last edited:

Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification! :cheers:

Coming Soon
to the shootout​

grandvalleyspeedway3c.jpg

circuitdelasarthe2009noa.jpg

Back