S.N.A.I.L. Endurance Series - Inactive

• Thread starter dabneyd
  • 361 comments
Guys, unfortunately I am unable to continue running this series. I have an opportunity to do some audio production work, but it's on Friday nights. Would anyone like to take over this series?

I'd love to be able to help out, but I don't think I'd be able to commit to doing it every week :(

Note to self; make sure the left paddle is tight before starting the race....I wondered why the thing wasn't downshifting after my second stop, took me a bit to fix it up :lol:

Edit; I saved the race, might go through it tomorrow for pictures.

Last edited:
LMPs are difficult to control in the first 3 gears. I was going through rear tires quickly. Was fun.

LMPs are difficult to control in the first 3 gears. I was going through rear tires quickly. Was fun.

Yeah, the tyres lull you into a false sense of security. You take a quick look after 8 laps or so and go "wow, hardly any wear at all, this is great" and then, a few laps later, you're starting to slide around everywhere :scared:

kendawg
I was pitting every 13 laps and the last 3 was very difficult to drive.

What car/tires were you running? When I was practicing I managed to get 30 laps out of a set of racing hard.

We ran race/mediums. Think ken was running the Toyota Minolta, but I may misremember. Think wear was set to normal. These LMP cars are tough on back tires, especially if you've got a heavier than light as a feather throttle foot. The Sauber will roast the tires through 3 gears all the way up the power band. 4th in that thing can get you into trouble in certain turns as well. I haven't driven the Minolta since I used it for an Aspec event, months ago, but am fairly certain it is just as touchy with any gear under 4th. It's probably iffy in 4th. I found applying throttle like I was in super slow motion worked best on exits. Once you were up to 100MPH or more you could slap it down and it would usually hold. Usually. :crazy::nervous:

Last night was a lot of fun. How many times did you all pit? I managed to make the tires last until 14 and 28. I watched the replay last night and was astounded :eek: that Berdi ran out of gas on 37 or 38 :boggled:. Congrats to Ken for a race well run :cheers: I had a chance at third but to many mistakes on my part allowed Joe to walk off with that trophy.

I ran the Toyota Minolta, Pitted on lap 13 and 27. Berdi ran the same car I ran but I believe he forgot to turn the pp down to 721. I was running the racing mediums.

Going into tonight with no practice at all....I'm expecting penalties galore unless we're not having them on for this track? :nervous:

If penalties are not turned off you know there will be. The penalty areas for this track are so far out off whack it's not much fun to run.

Didn't think this series was continuing?

Tonight's the last night for this lot of cars though so I just figured it'd be on :/

Not sure if I'll make it. Got some bills to pay and wife wants tv for some time tonight.

Since I haven't practiced any either it'd probably be a bad idea for me to roll anyway. We'll see how it goes later.

Ain't no one here but us BC people....hey, does that mean I win by default tonight? 💡

So what is going on with Friday's now?

Beer racing?

Drop a second off the final race time for every beer that you drink..
Kinda like beer golf.

So what is going on with Friday's now?

Beer racing?

Drop a second off the final race time for every beer that you drink..
Kinda like beer golf.

Hill and I are switching nights. STaTS is moving to Friday, and I'll be having these races on Tuesday. We're going to do a short season this month, so does anyone have any suggestions about cars?

Whatever the cars, I'm in. I have most Tuesdays open for the foreseeable future. This sounds like a lot of fun.

Multi-class racing would be awesome, but only if there are enough people. In any case, I like the idea of GT cars of some sort.

So, this isn't dead. I'm going to post car specs and the schedule later today. We'll be restarting March 5th!

Edit: Specs later this weekend, promise!

Last edited:
I pretty sure a can commit to this. When it was running on Friday's , not so much.

I like the idea of GT cars also.

I'll be there:tup:

Latest Posts

Back