Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,681 comments
Bought some carb cleaner for my new motorcycle (which was free so technically not a purchase, but pics to follow) but still couldn't get the bitch running. Needs a new battery. :grumpy:

Just keep spraying the battery with the carb cleaner. Something is bound to happen eventually :dopey:

Used to have a blast melting styrofoam cups with carb cleaner when I worked at a harley davidson dealer in high school :lol:

Spoiled this one:

IMG_20130318_161610_zps7b9ac0e3.jpg

with these:

IMG_20130318_1617291_zpsde73036b.jpg

Then these came via UPS:

IMG_20130318_161559_zps7df6f445.jpg

Saw a Pentax ME Super in a shop window today and it had a nice looking lens on the front so I decided to buy it. When in the shop the guy came out and brought a bag/box full of bits including the below. Also it had a shutter release (old mechanical kind) a 2X teleconverter and 3 extension tubes.

The lenses are in good condition considering. I've also ordered the Pentax to Fuji FX adapter to use the lenses on my new X-E1.

The Box/bag/case

A Soligor 75-205mm zoom

A Chinon 28mm F2.8

An Asahi SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.7

All for £30! Bargin. Ohh and the camera had a roll of film thats been used still in, I'm going to get it developed. I just hope its not evidence of a crime or anything :scared::nervous::ill:

That bag...I have one like that!!

Do you know anything about it?

Thanks! D they deliver to the UK.

:cheers:

Also, I believe so. It came through amazon.com, so I'd assume so.

EDIT: I checked. They ship almost anymore in the world. Maybe not in the middle of the Atlantic, though.

Last edited:
*pretty cool stuff for a bargain*

That's what I call a great deal. 👍

Just got these:

img20130319010522.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pic.
€40 for both. The build quality and feel of these things is just amazing. One's going to my Minolta Dynax/Maxxum 5, the other's going to be used in Nikon cameras (with the adapter, still to be purchased).

In about a week I'll have 2 related items that I've been wanting to get for a loooooong time. Will post pics as soon as they're in my house.

That bag...I have one like that!!

Do you know anything about it?

The only thing I know is that the guy who sold it to the shop I bought it lived one street away from me. Other than that I'm not sure. It's a green felt inside with a pocket in the lid. Outside its metal construction with leather covering it and a leather shoulder strap.

That's what I call a great deal. 👍

Just got these:

img20130319010522.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pic.
€40 for both. The build quality and feel of these things is just amazing. One's going to my Minolta Dynax/Maxxum 5, the other's going to be used in Nikon cameras (with the adapter, still to be purchased).

In about a week I'll have 2 related items that I've been wanting to get for a loooooong time. Will post pics as soon as they're in my house.

They look nice. I'm now hunting down as many old manual film lenses I can :)

I got my hotel reservations set for Petit Le Mans. Same place I've always stayed, the Jameson Inn in Winder, GA, just 20 minutes from Road Atlanta.

I don't want to be a party pooper, but I once bought a similar adapter for using Canon FD glass on my D200 and the result was absolute crap - exactly because of the poor quality of the correctional glass.

I really hope you have better luck than I did and look forward to seeing some samples of that combo when you do have it. 👍

Yeah, I've checked that too, since I've never used adapters before, but the one I'm getting seems to be (hope it checks out) a good quality one. It better be, for €56... :ouch:

Not pictured, a few shorts I bought at Target yesterday, and a 2 packs of socks.

Today, my Pokemon order arrived. I had to open it right away.
526842_478777705511443_1136557358_n.jpg

I think you mean Головная боль. :P

Dear lord, that look terrible. :scared:

The only thing I know is that the guy who sold it to the shop I bought it lived one street away from me. Other than that I'm not sure. It's a green felt inside with a pocket in the lid. Outside its metal construction with leather covering it and a leather shoulder strap.

They look nice. I'm now hunting down as many old manual film lenses I can :)

Yeah, the build quality is amazing. I have one lens that is a warrior basically since I've dropped it and it's been scraped up. It still works. I simply hate the new Nikon lenses.. Like you guys I've been holding onto and collecting lenses since they'll never be built like that again.

Back