m3 GTR a good buy?

• Thread starter ki11abee
  • 36 comments
KiLLaBEE1996
This is like one of my all time favs and its in the used lot atm. I have just about the exact amount to get it. Should i and be broke or just wait and get it when richer? CUrrently level 17.5.

Thats what i mean and i hate to be waiting for it to show up in th elot again. Just ill seriously be copletely broke....oh well think im gonna do it when i get home tonight

Gunna want it for DTM A-Spec event. Its in Extreme. Get it now later, I've seen it pass 3 times on my game; still havent seen a MR2 GTS yet, the only car I really want...

It's a fast, powerful car with a very nice engine sound and handles very neutral (good in other words). It stops like a ton of bricks however :nervous:

I picked it up pretty early on as it is one of my favs (along with the CSL, 2002 Turbo, etc.) I really didn't touch the GTR until recently. I upgraded everything except the engine (left the motor stock, but did an engine rebuild in GT Auto.) I ran it in the first Aspec Endurance Race - Grand Valley (60 laps) and it was dreamy. Unfortunately the prize money ($130k) didn't come close to help pay for the upgrades. It's a great ride. I'd put it on par with the Amuse 380RS Superleggera (370Z.) You can run that ride from the "recommended" list in your online lounge. I say scoop it.

It's a fast, powerful car with a very nice engine sound and handles very neutral (good in other words). It stops like a ton of bricks however :nervous:

Should just be able to lighten it slightly and put better tires on it if it stops badly. I wouldn't know, though.

I say go for it if you like the car.

well the main reason im thinking abou tit is what if i dont see it for a long while and have tons of cash by then. If it was always there id prob wait. Tough choice but leaning to doing it lol

If I was you, I would wait till the M3 GTR race 01 is available in UCD. It is a good, solid race carand with a few modifications and tuning, it is very good

I've seen it in the ucd 3 times i think. I was thinking of getting it but I picked it up with a prize ticket. Havent driven it though. Did the German race in my R8.

Gunna want it for DTM A-Spec event. Its in Extreme. Get it now later, I've seen it pass 3 times on my game; still havent seen a MR2 GTS yet, the only car I really want...

i saw it a few times in my used car lot. if it comes up again i'll buy it and give it too you. for a fellow mr2 fan. 👍

I see the M3 GTR in the UCL a bit.
Personally I think the M3 CSL, although a little slower, is a much better "value"

I love them both...I will own every BMW in the game to try to make up for the gap of not including either of my e36's in the game. OR THE e30!

TIP - this has been posted elsewhere, but I'll repeat here since we're talking about the UCL. To refresh the lot quickly, you don't have to run races. Simply choose one of the license tests (e.g. B-1) and choose next text until you click through 5 different tests. All 60 cars in the UCL should be refreshed.

Well I did mean the gtr race car 01. It's like 990,000 or so which is all my cash. But since I hear u guys say it pops up alot I feel like Golding off now. I mean I have it on my portable garage but that only in arcade mode :/

Given the replay value of this game ignore it until you have cash to spare. If it is rare and you have cash later in game, get your friends to look out for it and gift it to you.

If you have no friends, buy it, you have plenty of grinding regardless of one purchase :)

MMORPG - Massively Messed Online Retail Profit Generation

The car is a good buy i just bought it, and its handling is superb even in stock form. My car has 500hp and the stock supension is excellent, lol but i paid 320,00 for the car.

I bought this car on a recommendation on this site. Glad I did. That car is a blast to drive. Oh and buy it now. Who cares if you will be broke, its nearly impossible to stay broke in any GT game. And if you don't have the penniless trophy, definitely go for it.

M3 GTR Race Car is my favorite car in the game.
Buy it, go race the Nurb in the DTM series a dozen times... you'll have earned back your money, gained a tonne of experience and been able to enjoy what some refer to as "grinding".

Very old thread, but I have both the race car and the street version. The race car has traction problems sometimes, but other wise drives on rails. The street version is basically BMW's only super car, so what can I say, its a blast to drive. I wish it had more power but other wise its such a blast to drive.

This is like one of my all time favs and its in the used lot atm. I have just about the exact amount to get it. Should i and be broke or just wait and get it when richer? CUrrently level 17.5.

Oh hell yeah! I love this car. Race car times in a street car package.

well you probably wont believe me here but im willing to gift you one completly free of charge!!!!! Think its under a million so should work.

You see i have 2 sitting in my garage because i bought one when i already had one, had a brain fart and never seen the big blue tick next to it.............doh. scratch 900,000 credits.

Il consider it my good deed for the day and im serious if you want it, saves you all your credits and you get your favourite car, see people can be nice on these forums lol

M3 GTR (Road car) is awesome, the CSL isn't too far behind either.

I run a a race series with my friends (384bhp and 522bhp - ROAD cars only), the GTR fits into both classes with correct weight reduction and tuning. It's an absolute beast, we didn't think it would have the agility to compete in smaller tighter tracks but it does, it dominates our 522bhp class, even though we have weight/power regulations and all have the same tyres.

The only issue with the GTR is the VERY high chassis and engine rebuild costs (more than the price of the car itself), other than that it's utterly brilliant, handling, grip, speed, brakes and tyre wear - everything.

When you're racing against other (road) cars, all with the same power to weight ratio and tyres, the M3 gtr seriously kicks butt, whether it's running full weight reduction or slight weight reduction, doesn't matter, this car seems to be very versatile.

Brakes are not an issue, I found it has excellent stopping capability, it can 'outbrake' many other cars in our race series, we recently raced at Monza and the M3 easily braked at the same point, if not a tiny bit later, than other cars in it's class. This may be, however, down to people's setup, but all those in our race series who use it seem to be very competitive in braking zones.

Buy it, in fact, buy as many as you can get, I got 5 of them and love them all, stock and tuned, it's a real gem.

As mentioned above, it's a racecar dressed up as a road car.

Last edited:
I see the M3 GTR in the UCL a bit.
Personally I think the M3 CSL, although a little slower, is a much better "value"

I love them both...I will own every BMW in the game to try to make up for the gap of not including either of my e36's in the game. OR THE e30!

TIP - this has been posted elsewhere, but I'll repeat here since we're talking about the UCL. To refresh the lot quickly, you don't have to run races. Simply choose one of the license tests (e.g. B-1) and choose next text until you click through 5 different tests. All 60 cars in the UCL should be refreshed.

So true man! About the E36 and E30! Why they haven't included them? I have to keep myself happy with the other bimmers too... Just bought my 8th E46... I have 3 normal M3s and 5 CSLs... and a racing GT-R too.

But NOT EVEN ONE ROAD GTR... they are so hard to come on the UCD... :(

I want to kill myself because when I saw it for the last time on the UCD, I haven't the money :(

Buy it!!,

If I could only have one car in the game it would be the BMW M3, the GTR is a nice car and will get upto 570bhp modded by I find that the CSL version is a nicer car to drive once tuned and adjusted.

It's the one car I have to buy every time i see it and so far i have 35 M3's split between the 04 M3, CSL's and GTR's, probably only really use 7-8 for online racing but my favourite CSL has 502 bhp and has clocked up well over 500 laps of the Nurburgring already.

Get the setup right and the handling is just awesome and can outdrive quite a few cars it really shouldn't be able to keep up with.

It's also very versatile, the CSL can be reduced to a BHP limit of 211 all the way back upto 500bhp so makes it good to use for online street races.

It's the only manufacturer that I actively wanted to own every car in the game which I now do even though I'd traded for a 4.5 million V12 LMP car as one came up in my UCD, so i ended up buying that one too lol.

Last edited:
Buy it!!,

If I could only have one car in the game it would be the BMW M3, the GTR is a nice car and will get upto 570bhp modded by I find that the CSL version is a nicer car to drive once tuned and adjusted.

It's the one car I have to buy every time i see it and so far i have 35 M3's split between the 04 M3, CSL's and GTR's, probably only really use 7-8 for online racing but my favourite CSL has 502 bhp and has clocked up well over 500 laps of the Nurburgring already.

Get the setup right and the handling is just awesome and can outdrive quite a few cars it really shouldn't be able to keep up with.

It's also very versatile, the CSL can be reduced to a BHP limit of 211 all the way back upto 500bhp so makes it good to use for online street races.

It's the only manufacturer that I actively wanted to own every car in the game which I now do even though I'd traded for a 4.5 million V12 LMP car as one came up in my UCD, so i ended up buying that one too lol.

Fook me!!! Here I was thinking I was a BMW pervert!!!

Think I have 3 GTR race cars; One stock, one tuned track-monster and one drift car (need to set the drift car up better though as its still too twitchy)

6 '04 E46 M3s; 3 stock ('seca blue, titanium silver and a alpine white one)
1 drift car and two tuned track cars...

4 GTR road cars; drift car, stock and two tuned

5 CSLs; one stock, one drift car and three tuned.

4 E92s; one stock, one drift car and two tuned racer

5 M5s; 05 and an 07 stock ones, 07 drift car, tuned track car and an 07 'Ring taxi complete with 200kg of ballast for passengers :)

And I'll still buy more of them as soon as they pop up :D

Have 5 '02s then too; one zero mile garage queen, one stock from the UCD, one drift car, one crazy tuned one for racing and another for the '02 cup I was going to race in.
Have at least 2 of every other BMW too from the dealership but still waiting on a LMP to show up.

I'd trade all of them and start the collection all over again for just one E30 though! :(

As for buying the GTR race car or even the road car, go for it!!! you won't regret it and I have only seen one race car pop up in the UCD so far which I snapped up, think I got the other two from the online garage.

One of my tuned CSL is probably my favorite E46 to drive however (apart from the fun that I have with the drift cars obviously) as an all round car especially on the 'Ring with the right setup. In the 350-450bhp range, its only due to my own mistakes that I ever loose a race online with it

Last edited:
Back