70' Challenger R/t Street and RM Tune Discussion

• Thread starter Kalmiya117
  • 12 comments
Kalmiya117
Following my somewhat successful 69' Camaro Z/28 RM Discussion Thread (Link:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173806) I am making one for the Beast that is the Challenger! The Challenger was the first Premium car I bought and eventually RM'ed and won many of the races in A-Spec with it including the Historical Cup on the First Try.
Superspeedway-Daytona_5.jpg

70' Dodge Challenger R/t Street Tune​
RoadCourse-Daytona.jpg

This "Street" tune is the car having upgrades to help it bury the competition with it's power but able to help in the turn as well while staying under, the "550pp" Limit that seems to be the norm for "street" cars.

575bhp 591 ft-lbs Tq *Note, at this time I am still breaking the motor in so the modifications and power limits may differ You will also note I do not like to use the power limiter to bring the car under a pp Limit. Also this is my First Tune with the Challenger as a PP limited car and will be making revisements on the settings as time progresses. As stated, Sharing or Discussion on the tune is welcomed!

• Weight Reduction Stage 3
  • Window Weight Reduction
  • Chassis Reinforcement
  • Carbon Fiber Hood
  • Aero Packages From GT Auto (I used the stock looking Lip Spoiler)
  • Engine ECU Reprogrammed
  • Engine Stage 3
  • Sports Air Intake
  • Racing Air Filter
  • Sports Headers
  • Sports Catalytic Converter
  • Fully Adjustable Transmission
  • Titanium Semi Racing Exhaust
  • Racing Flywheel and Clutch
  • Carbon Drive shaft
  • Fully Adjustable LSD
  • Fully Adjustable Suspension

To achieve the the 550 Limit, No Supercharger was fitted. Engine output is 100% with Ballast bringing the car to the scales with 54 Kg added Positioned -25, to a total of 1452 Kg.

Settings are the following,

• Aerodynamics
    Rear 6

• LSD
    Initial 10
    Acceleration 15
    Braking 12

• Transmission (Coming Soon)

• Ridge Height
    Front -8 Rear -7

• Spring rates
    Front 8.7 Rear 7.5
  • Dampers

• Extension
    Front 6 Rear 6

• Compression
    Front 5 Rear 5

• Anti-Roll Bar
    Front 5 Rear 6

• Camber
    Front -2.5 Rear -1.8

• Toe
    Front -.15 Rear .10

• Brake Bias
    Front 6/5 Rear

Side Note, Besides a few Discretion's in the details, Painting it white will give you the "Vanishing Point" Awesomeness.

Last edited:
70' Dodge Challenger R/t Race Modified Tune​

DeepForestRaceway_10.jpg

Heavy Plate of Horsepower with Gobs of Torque make the Challenger a Force to be reckoned with coming out onto the Straight. With the right attitude, and application of this cars Pros Vs Cons it can fight with the 69' Camaro Z/28 RM, and win. This Car also has the ability to get out front and stay out front in the Historical Racing Cup. As the saying goes, what it can not out turn, it can out run.

788bhp 809 Ft-Lbs Tq
Note* This Tune is assuming you have applied all Engine Upgrades along with the RM Modification Located at the GT Auto Screen

Settings are the following,
  • Aerodynamics (Coming Soon)

• LSD
  • Initial 15
  • Acceleration 25
  • Braking 10

• Transmission Gear Set
    For Short Tracks such as Deep Forest or Laguna, I find that set at 217(mph) give you the gear range you need. While adjusting it out for the speedways to your discretion as needed.

• Ridge Height
    Front -10 Rear -10

• Spring rates
    Front 9.5 Rear 8.9

• Dampers

Extension
    Front 5 Rear 6

• Compression
    Front 5 Rear 6

• Anti-Roll Bar
    Front 5 Rear 6

• Camber
    Front -2.5 Rear -2.0

• Toe
    Front -.20 Rear .15

• Front 7/5 Rear

Lap Times with Aids only ABS 1 w/ DS3 Controller:
Deep Forest 1:10:355
Mazda Laguna Secca 1:21:519

Last edited:
My translation was:
The Challenger needs a lot of help, currently there's only 3 tunes on GTPlanet.

Yeah, Now that I am awake and it is not 2:30 in the morning it makes sense.

Yeah, I did not find many tunes at all for the Challenger So I made this thread. I will also be doing several other American Muscle Cars later on.

I'm gonna try these out tonite! I have a good tune for this car at Indy Road and Indy (oval) but I can never seem to get it consistant when we do Deep Forest, so I'm hoping this will help. One thing I noticed different from your tune is a little more camber, also you added negative toe to front where I have mine slightly positive, and springs,ride height, dampers are a hair lower than mine. So I guess that all makes sense. You softened the car out more, where mine is a little aggressive and when on Deep Forest it becomes too much to handle. The thing about tuning I'm not getting is Anti-Roll Bars. I generally keep my figures low. And I'm noticing novice tuners cranking their numbers up. Any suggestion as to why? And check out my tune for this car.... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=187261

If you want this car to rotate through the the center of corners better look at your toe settings and think yaw. I love this car. I've entered and won two league championships with it dominating the last Trans-Am league I ran. This car really has lots of grip, it just pushes the front tires real bad from the center off. There are two key adjustments that can be made that really make this car come to life. Make the car yaw.

I'm gonna try these out tonite! I have a good tune for this car at Indy Road and Indy (oval) but I can never seem to get it consistant when we do Deep Forest, so I'm hoping this will help. One thing I noticed different from your tune is a little more camber, also you added negative toe to front where I have mine slightly positive, and springs,ride height, dampers are a hair lower than mine. So I guess that all makes sense. You softened the car out more, where mine is a little aggressive and when on Deep Forest it becomes too much to handle. The thing about tuning I'm not getting is Anti-Roll Bars. I generally keep my figures low. And I'm noticing novice tuners cranking their numbers up. Any suggestion as to why? And check out my tune for this car.... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=187261

Deep Forrest is a nightmare because of all the elevation changes. I struggle with this track. I can run fast but, it'll eat the front tires up in about 8 laps. I currently run it with a tall ride height and fairly soft spring and shock package for plenty of travel. But I cant say its the best approach.

I've made some recent changes to it, most Gearing. I need to post them soon. But to date I can get into the 1:09s pretty easy @640pp (HP dropped and Areo Dropped) with much more left if I can ever manage a clean lap. And this is of course online.

The Street Tune needs to be wrote as I have made major changes and settings for a 530pp Street.

Also, All three of my Challengers, The RM and two Street versions (one fully maxed out the other 530pp tuned) all show 50/50 weight balance. Even with no KG added. I don't know if this is a fluke or mine end or not.

When I set the suspension on the cars, I use the last turn at Deep Forest to tell me rather it is too stiff or not. If the car is stiff, it will spin out when you hit the rumble strip in full turn mode. I just back down the settings til that no longer happens. Has worked fine for every car to date I've done.

Far as Anti Roll Bar I have always used a 5/6 setting. Always worked for me.

I've had the Challenger since the beginning of the game. So I have alot of time into it. The tuen has not changed much really, just micro differences at best.

With the Season one of my Trans Am Series coming to a near end, I will in the next two weeks or so reveal my Newest RM and Street tunes for the Challenger. Including Transmission Gear ratios.

Latest Posts

Back