Error Code [268]

• Thread starter Pelikan
  • 10 comments
United States
Fayetteville, AR
DNA_Pelikan
I haven't been able to join the Open Lobby at all this past week. Upon trying to enter I am greeted with the message "an error has occurred in the lobby server [268]." I am also getting this error message when I try to create a Lounge under the Community tab.

I am for sure signed into the PSN and I am able to access other online based features such as Seasonal Events. I tried clearing the cache, but that didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Do a hard reset on your router.
There have been cases where I'd sign in and this would still happen. I'd hard reset my router and all would be fine. I eventually just replaced it, and it hasn't happend since!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice but I am on the network of the university that I attend. I only have access to the wall jack in my dorm room.

Try to clear the Cache in the Game Options. I had the same problem's early today and that fixed it for me....hope it does for you too.

DiersZee1
Try to clear the Cache in the Game Options. I had the same problem's early today and that fixed it for me....hope it does for you too.

I have already tried this and still no change.

We need more information regarding your connection then. I can connect at hotels throughout the country when I travel for business.

Go back to the XMB and reconnect to the PSN.
Do the internet connection test.
What is the NAT type your showing? PSN loves NAT type 2, but will work with 3.
What is your upload/download speed?

Wow, I've never seen NAT type 1. You have excellent upload/download!
I'm afraid I can't help you connect, hopefully someone more qualified will chime in.
I am highly suspicious of that NAT type.

XXI
Wow, I've never seen NAT type 1. You have excellent upload/download!
I'm afraid I can't help you connect, hopefully someone more qualified will chime in.
I am highly suspicious of that NAT type.

Thanks for your efforts XXI!

I did some research and apparently type 1 refers to a direct connection to the modem, type 2 refers to being connected to a router, and type 3 refers to firewall connections. Hopefully this problem will eventually mend itself.

I tried connecting again this morning and still received the error message. Has anyone else had this problem with a NAT type 1 connection?

Honestly it sounds like your university is blocking you. If your at Nat 1, you shouldn't have ANY problems at all.

Didn't realize this was an old post..sorry.

Back