VCRC Tournament#4 Ford RS200 '84 -Congrats OwensRacing!

United States
Pennsylvania
wat3rm370n
Vintage Car Race Club
Ford RS200 '84 Championship

Tournament #4
not necessary to commit to every tournament each week

Schedule:
February 19th - Sunday 9am PST / 12pm noon EST / 5pm GMT / 6pm CET
Completed: Results & photos here

approximately 90 minutes duration for the event
race start time after about 20 minutes free run warm up qualifying
3 races, approx. 10-20 minutes each race with 3-5 minute breaks inbetween

toucanfordtrialmtnrev1s.jpg

Race #1: Cape Ring North - 8 laps
Race #2: Eiger Nordwand Short Track - 10 laps
Race #3: Trial Mountain Reverse - 10 laps

1st: 14, 2nd: 12, 3rd: 11, 4th: 10, 5th: 9, 6th: 8, 7th: 7, 8th: 6, 9th: 5, 10th: 4, 11th: 3, 12th: 2, 13th+: 1

Settings & Restrictions:
Ford RS200 '84
sports hard tires
no tuning / modifications forbidden / upgrades prohibited
oil change, engine rebuild, chassis restoration, wheels, & paint are allowed
only ABS & driving line allowed (driver's choice)
damage off
slipstream weak
penalty off
grip real
reverse grid order after 1st race
Rules: GTP OLR Rules

Race will be hosted in the VCRC Lounge, add PSN: VCRC

If you have trouble finding the car, but want to participate, let us know.
Someone will likely have a spare unmodified car to send to you. :embarrassed:)

Sign-up:
GTP name / PSN name / car colour

1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Toucan Yellow
  2. BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / Indigo
  3. raceorama123432 / raceorama1234321 / Sonic Blue Clearcoat Metallic
  4. Jackthalad / CHRYSTALBUDS / White
  5. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / 70s FireChicken
  6. GTsail290 / GTsail2 / WR Blue Mica
  7. TyrrellRacing / TyrrellRacing / White
  8. jackargent / jackargent / green & pink
  9. cc570 / cc570 / (TBD)
  10. Dranddad / GTP_Eriba / Ford Electric Orange
  11. OwensRacing / OwensRacing / Black & Gold
  12. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / green
  13. maxximilllion / maxximilllion / mushroom-bronze
  14. .
  15. .
  16. .
Note: Mics are allowed in the Lounge before & after the official races.
But in the event there are more than 12 drivers expected to participate,
mics will be disallowed completely to ensure the best possible connection.
Thank you.

Join the VCRC if you're interested in the planning the future selection of cars & tracks for these Tournaments,
or if you're just interested in meeting others interested in racing a variety of vintage cars.

Last edited:
It's always interesting... and often exciting. :)

I highly recommend at least trying this car. It's nice.

Sometime this week, I would like to have some short fun races...
Perhaps on a variety of tracks if anyone's interested. (This car goes well on just about any track at all. It's really gained my favour. :))
So post on this thread if anyone's interested...
And as always, you can check the VCRC Lounge to see if anyone's about & up for racing! :)

Sounds good. i would do, just need to get one first :grumpy:

if i find one, i'll come back to you.

?raceorama123432/raceorama1234321/tbd?

I wish I weren't working the next few Sundays, so I could take part in these races... 👎 This series needs more ORCA!

This series needs more ORCA!

We're not trying to infiltrate! Just going where the good racing is. Our season ends after this week and I'd imagine a few more of our guys will trickle over here to get their racing fix during our down time. Punch permitting, of course. :)

Sounds good. i would do, just need to get one first :grumpy:

if i find one, i'll come back to you.

?raceorama123432/raceorama1234321/tbd?

I can dupe one for you if you send me an FR soon enough. I'll send it over to my duping account and send me an FR to "Johnnypenso" and I'll send it around in the next couple of days.

I wish I weren't working the next few Sundays, so I could take part in these races... 👎 This series needs more ORCA!

Yes we do!!

Punch and I did a few laps on one of her custom tracks yesterday, I think it was called Mount Spinalot...lol. The car was incredibly lively for a 4wd with no understeer whatsoever. Drove like a RWD car. Stock exhaust sounds great too. It's a great choice for a car for the series.

:odd: ;)
We're not trying to infiltrate!
abduction.gif

:D

There's almost always someone around in this group who can get people whatever car we're using. ... or a transporter accident clone. :)
I myself am a UCD shop-a-holic.
So I know of a spare with low mileage should the need arise.

And yes, this car was a bundle of fun on Avanti Angolo (toscana tarmac).
It's the track we're using for the Historic Mini Cooper Mini Endurance
We also tried the RS200 on Avanti Angolo II - which is a flattened version where I took out the banking.

I'm thinking we'll set up more with this car in future.

I am seeing this Sunday Tournament club as a testing ground for unmodified vintage cars... If they're a big hit, we can do more with them!

I know already that there's some interest in racing this RS200 @ Nurburgring 24hrs. But I thought perhaps that deserved its own venue.

So what's up Johnnypenso? Are you in for this? Should I mark you down with a 70s Firechicken colour scheme? ;) :D

watermelonpunch
We also tried the RS200 on Avanti Angolo II - which is a flattened version where I took out the banking.

I think I like the sound of running the Mini on the flat version more than I do the banked version.

what do you mean FR?

FR = Friend Request
Request to be friended on PSN.

I think I like the sound of running the Mini on the flat version more than I do the banked version.

:ill: I did try that... And frankly, I had several reasons for not doing so. One being that the banking does seem to help keep the momentum up. (Another to do with avoiding too many off-camber hinky turns in an endurance race.)

The flattened version was probably more suited to the RS200. (The 4wd probably doesn't hurt.)
Johnnypenso wants me to tweak the track into an Avanti Angolo III designed specifically for the RS200. :lol:
I may give that a shot when I get the chance. ;)

Sorry Punch, should have mentioned to sign me up for the event in my post up above. I have to avenge my defeat!! My standard colours for all cars until further notice will be some form of dark purple with gold rims.

Can you also send an FR from VCRC to my "Johnnypenso" account as I think I'm going to start using that for most of my league racing to get away from my other stupid profile name..:grumpy:

Last edited:
70s FireChicken. CHECK! :D
(I'm waiting for someone to come along and ask what car comes with the 70s FireChicken Paint Chip. :lol:)

So does this mean I can't call you "Yunitard" anymore? :sly:

Johnnypenso
I have to avenge my defeat!!

Can you also send an FR from VCRC to my "Johnnypenso" account as I think I'm going to start using that for most of my league racing to get away from my other stupid profile name..:grumpy:

Bring it! I'm most comfortable in AWD, my daily driver has been a Subaru for the last 6 years. :sly:

I'm rather fond of your PSN handle, I often tell my friends about it. :(

Punch -
Count me in!

I will paint my Ford RS200 "WR Blue Mica"

I seem to have unlimited quantities of the color!

GTsail

Bring it! I'm most comfortable in AWD, my daily driver has been a Subaru for the last 6 years. :sly:

I was a real-life Subaru driver for around a decade.

That said, though I like some of the awd Subarus in the game... I daresay I like this RS200 better!!!!

I like it better than 95% of the other 4wd vehicles in the game that's for sure!!!
(Evos & Skylines :yuck: understeer city!!!! Don't take them to Tokyo if you don't want front end smooshing. :ill:)

I`ve got a RS200, Gran Blue Mica. No need to dupe Johnny, but thanks anyway.

Sadly, however, it has been tuned buy previous owner, so i will limit it to just under original amount. See you guys on Sunday

Last edited:
I`ve got a RS200, Gran Blue Mica. No need to dupe Johnny, but thanks anyway.

Sadly, however, it has been tuned buy previous owner, so i will limit it to just under original amount. See you guys on Sunday

I believe these races are run with the "tuning prohibited" option which means your car can't be tuned at all. If you have aftermarket parts on it you'll need to de-activate them all and reset all settings to "default". If the previous owner installed stage 1/2/3 engine tuning, weight reduction or chassis stiffening you will not be able to enter the track as those parts cannot be uninstalled

I believe these races are run with the "tuning prohibited" option which means your car can't be tuned at all. If you have aftermarket parts on it you'll need to de-activate them all and reset all settings to "default". If the previous owner installed stage 1/2/3 engine tuning, weight reduction or chassis stiffening you will not be able to enter the track as those parts cannot be uninstalled

^ ^ ^ ^

Exactly right.
The only car restrictions I set in the room are Tuning: Prohibited, and the Tire type restriction.

Here's a run-down of what it means, as I understand it.
(Anyone see anything I'm missing or any mistakes, please let me know.)

Tuning: Prohibited

Must be in original stock condition the car comes with, as is essentially

The only things you can have changed on the car are:

Oil change (GT Auto)
Engine Rebuild (GT Auto)
Chassis Restoration (GT Auto)
Wheels (GT Auto)
Paint (GT Auto)
Wheels Paint (GT Auto)

Allowed Adjustments:

Brakes: Brake Balance CAN be adjusted to preference.

Engine: Power Limiter IS allowed :boggled:, but I doubt anyone would see that as a really good idea. ;)
(There's no reason for it in these races, as I do not set a PP or HP restriction.)

Tires: Whatever the tire restriction is the tires you can use.
(In most of these races, we use the tires the car comes with, but there may be exceptions to that, depending on the car of the week.)

These things will flunk the car out of qualifying to enter the track:
(Once these things are done, they can't be taken off, and therefore make the car permanently disqualified.)

Cannot have Engine Stage upgrades 1, 2, or 3.
Cannot have Weight Reduction 1, 2, or 3
Cannot have window weight reduction
Cannot have carbon fiber hood
Cannot have Chassis Reinforcement

These things must be set to default parts or settings, or the car won't be able to enter the track:

Cannot have Aero kits installed (GT Auto)
If there's an aero kit installed, you must go to GT Auto, and have it taken off, and restored to its original parts.

Body/Chassis: Ballast @ Default (cannot add ballast)
Engine: Default computer chip thingy
Intake: Default intake parts (must un-check any added parts)
Exhaust: Default exhaust parts (must un-check any added parts)
Turbo Kits: Default parts (must un-check any turbo or superchargers)
Transmission: Default Transmission (if default transmission is fully custom, default settings must be used)
Drivetrain: Default parts (if any default parts are customizable, the default settings must be used)
Suspension: Default suspension (if the default suspension is customizable, the default settings must be used)

It seems a bit complex...
But as long as you know what upgrades are permanent, you know if the car has those, it's not right for a Tuning: Prohibited race.

Aww, great. Has anyone got one they can lend me. I'll give it back

I can do this Sunday. Will advise re paint colour when I have found something suitably hideous!

👍

@ raceorama123432: Did you get the car yet?
If not, let me know, I'll be able to send one tomorrow.

Will advise re paint colour when I have found something suitably hideous!

That might not be too difficult, I went through 5-6 different paints trying to find something I liked on this car. ha.

Speaking of hideous... I think I blinded a couple of people in a lounge with that crazy loud pink vintage Mercedes you gave me. :lol:
I rather find it amusing... But I think I will have to use another different car for the Vintage Mercedes Event, if I don't want to get picked on. haha.

GTP_Eriba | Dranddad | (Ford) Electric Orange

picture.php

As I’m a little vintage :grumpy: this fits well, plus I much prefer the older cars. :)

Phillip.

Last edited:
Back