• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 1,118 comments

What do you want for next season?

• Total voters
England
Norwich,Norfolk
GTP_DaxCobra
img.php

Hello and welcome to the new FIA GT1 World Championship thread, hosted by DaxCobra.​

FIA GT1 News Thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=251274

Time

The races will be held at 3PM GMT (4PM UK Time), and should be over by about 5:15PM GMT, including Qualifying and slight delays.

Official Chat Room

When the race event is on, we will use a chat room for talking before and after the race.
Here is the link: http://tinychat.com/daxcobra

You can join the chat room at any time if you wish to discuss anything with me, or just discuss the series faster.

Tyres:

In Season 3, we will be changing from Racing Hards to Sports Softs. This is to increase driver input needed to keep the cars on the track, and to make racing more exciting and closer. The switch will probably make tyre wear a bit stronger also, which means more strategy will be needed to succeed.

Racing Intermediates and Racing Rain Tyres will still be allowed in wet races, but no other racing tyres.

1z6muh.jpg

Qualifying[

* At 4PM GMT we will start qualifying. The qualifying session will last 15 minutes and the race will automatically start.

*Once you have entered the track for qualifying, you are not allowed to back out to change your set up. If you need to change your tyres, drive into the pits.

*When you come out of the pits, make sure you stay within the lines. Failure to do so may result in a penalty.

*Be respectful to fellow race drivers. If you are on a fast lap, you shouldn't really be expected to move out of the way for someone else, but excessively holding someone up is frowned upon, especially if you are not on a flying lap.

*Make sure you leave a gap between you and other drivers so incidents do not occur. If you do your best to stay away from others on the track in qualifying, you can't complain about being held up.

Rolling Starts

*At the start of a race, the cars will set off at cruise speed (60 - 80 MPH) around the track for one lap.

*No overtaking is allowed on the outlap, and the car on pole will control the pace.

*Tyre warming is not allowed on the Rolling Start lap.

*The cars will drive up to the start line at 80 MPH. As soon as a car crosses the Start/Finish Line, it is allowed to go flat out.

2vsrfxz.jpg

Race

* No collisions or blocking on purpose are allowed.

*If you hit a driver off of the track or cause them to spin, pull to the side of the circuit to let them through again.

*Nudges and taps are generally accepted in motorsport, however, pushing someone wide to gain a place will earn you a penalty.

* Do not quit the race in anger. It is a long race, anything can happen.

* Backmarkers have to let race leaders through.

* Upon entering and leaving the pits, stay within the white/yellow lines.

* Pit stops ARE madnatory. You will have to pit atleast once in each race.

* If you have suffered due to one of these rules being broken, do NOT talk about it in the chat. Simply file the complaint towards one of the stewards and wait for a decision to be made. We do not want any animosity between racers.

sys67k.jpg

Points System:

The drivers will receive the points for certain finishing position. These points will add up over the season, and the driver with the most points wins the FIA GT1 Series 1 Championship. The points system is as follows:

1st: 25 pts.
2nd. 18 pts.
3rd. 15 pts.
4th. 12pts.
5th. 10pts.
6th. 8pts.
7th. 6pts.
8th. 4pts.
9th. 2pts.
10th. 1pt.

2nvxvkg.jpg

255qtrn.jpg

Last edited:
Quick tip, if you make your graphics with a max width of 700px, the forum won't resize them. :)👍

Actually, yeah I will take sign ups now.

Doubt anyone will sign up yet before a couple of cars are released though. :D

Oh dear, half a season still to go and new thread's already up. That's worse than Furi. :sly:

Oh dear, half a season still to go and new thread's already up. That's worse than Furi. :sly:

Less than half a season!

I want a full grid! Also, lots have changed this season and I am excited to release it all! :D

Very eager to release it i see ^^ I'm not signing up just yet.. want more info first.

Very eager to release it i see ^^ I'm not signing up just yet.. want more info first.

Very eager. :D

More information will come tomorrow.

Also, the flags in the OP graphics represent the cars countries.

Very eager. :D

More information will come tomorrow.

Also, the flags in the OP graphics represent the cars countries.
I think it's the first time you make a graphic that actually look real good. :) I wan't german by the way.. german is always the best. :rolleyes:

Track List:

Definite Tracks:

Circuit de la Sarthe
Monza
Nurburgring 24h
Indy Road
Nurburgring GP/D
Suzuka

Tracks that might make it:

Monaco (Carb wont like that)
Tsukuba (Carb wont like that)
Deep Forest Raceway/Reverse (Carb wont like that)

Yes! :D

Car list:
Chevrolet Corvette
Ferrari 430-scud 430 or 458 italia
BMW M3/5
Jaguar XJR '10
Aston Martin DB (Whatever the premium one is)

:sly: :sly: :sly:

Car list:
Chevrolet Corvette
Ferrari 430-scud 430 or 458 italia
BMW M3/5
Jaguar XJR '10
Aston Martin DB (Whatever the premium one is)

:sly: :sly: :sly:

None of those are correct! :D

1st car released tomorrow.

It's British, and I think people will be 'Q'ing to use it... (Little hint there)

FordMKIVJ5
Merc SLS?

I'm hoping. :rolleyes:

Possible but I doubt it.

EVERYONE MAKE A GUESS LIST OF WHAT YOU THINK THE CARS ARE.

And I'll send the winner all five (or whatever amount there is and a 67 ticket.)

Everyone can make their list from now as Dax commented before me and I want to redo mine..XD

Possible but I doubt it.

EVERYONE MAKE A GUESS LIST OF WHAT YOU THINK THE CARS ARE.

And I'll send the winner all five (or whatever amount there is and a 67 ticket.)

Everyone can make their list from now as Dax commented before me and I want to redo mine..XD

Go on then! :D

Back