200 Lap Daytona NASCAR

• Thread starter m8h3r
  • 84 comments
England
East Midlands
m8h3r
nascar_GT5.jpg

Welcome to the GT5 200 Lap Daytona NASCAR Race

This will be a full 16 racers 200 Lap NASCAR Daytona race!!

Date: Friday 9th March 2012
Time: Practise/qualifying-18:00 GMT/13:00 EST Race Start-19:00 GMT/14:00 EST

1 Driver per Car
No 2 people will be in identical cars, this will be open to 2011/2010 models.
So put down your name and desired car as it a first come first serve basis.

Please only enter this race if you are prepared to go the full distance. Anyone who evidentally quits will be named and shamed in the first post on the thread, same applies to anyone caught cheating. Obviously disconnects happen and often cannot be avoided, this is acceptable and will go un punished as it is no fault of the racer.
(You may wish to clear your Network Cache before the race)

Anyone who cheats will be stripped of their final position and moved to the bottom of the results with DSQ next to their name. The replay will be reviewed for any inquires deemed necessary so you will be caught

Regulations

Gaining a position whilst under the yellow line is prohibited, if you go down below because of a crash then it is acceptable.
Any tire is available, but tire wear will be on so beware.
Clean driving is essential, bump drafting is allowed.
Any car setup to your choosing

Room Settings

Race Quality: High
Voice Chat Quality: Disabled
Fixed Room Ownership: Off
Laps: 200
Race Start Type: Rolling Start Dbl. File
Grid Order: Fastest First. (Qualifying)
Boost: No
Penalty: None
Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: On
Grip Redution on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real

Practise Sessions

Wednesday 7th March 7pm GMT
Thursday 8th March 7pm GMT

Prizes

1st: 4 Tickets 25 Matte/Chrome Paint
2nd: 3 Tickets & 15 Matter/Chrome Paint
3rd: 2 Tickets & 10 Matte/Chrome Paint
4th: 1 Tickets & 5Matte/Chrome Paint
5th: 10 Matte/Chrome Paint
6th: 8 Matte/Chrome Paint
7th: 6 Matte/Chrome Paint
8th: 4 Matte/Chrome Paint

Top 10 Finishers will be added to "gtp_m8h3r" for automated Remote Racing.

GTPlanet Name: m8h3r PSN Name: m8h3r Car: 2011 Kyle Busch #18

GTPlanet Name: maksimultra PSN Name: maksimultra Car: 2011 Brain Vickers #83

GTPlanet Name: silent7sniper7 PSN Name:silent7sniper7 Car: 2011/2010 Jimmie Johnson #48

GTPlanet Name: Lotrzyna PSN Name: Lotrzyna Car: 2011 Joey Logano #20

GTPlanet Name: Jawehawk PSN Name: Andy-Macnab Car: 2011 Denny Hamlin #11

GTPlanet Name: asjacsd PSN Name: as--jac--sd Car: 2011 Jeff Gordon #24

GTPlanet Name: DaveMay96 PSN Name: DaveMay96 Car: 2011 Carl Edwards #99

GTPlanet Name: james6653 PSN Name: TeamKR_go50go Car: 2010 Aj Allmendinger #43

GTPlanet Name: PSN Name: Car:

The four tickets available as of writing are:

1967 Birthday ticket
1000 ticket
Level 23 ticket
Level 24 ticket

You can pick whichever you wish.

Last edited:
Have always wanted to try a Nascar race. I might join this, though I'd like to try it out first.

Jawehawk
Have always wanted to try a Nascar race. I might join this, though I'd like to try it out first.

Once we get around 4-5 people interested then I'll get a practice session up, if it all seems fine then we can get it going. Unfortunately a NASCAR race is not something you can test on your own :lol:

I really really wish I could join in, I've been waiting for a race like this, but as always, I can't because of work :). You GTP-guys have a nack for picking weekends that don't fit my schedule...

Couple of suggestions, try race quality on medium and do a small 5 lap test race to see if anyone lags and if they do get them to leave.

Hi,

I would like to join the race.

GTPlanet Name: Lotrzyna PSN Name: Lotrzyna Car: 2011 JOEY LOGANO #20 CAMRY

I have a few questions first though:

Can we "break in" cars before the race ? if they even gain power from that... ? or is there a power/weight/PP limit ?
Can we change oil before the race ?
Can we go with two wheels on or beyond YELLOW LINE ? I have seen clips of some top gear episode where NASCAR driver says that "you need to touch the grass" - witch would mean that we can but I would rather ask and be sure.

Lotrzyna
Hi,

I would like to join the race.

GTPlanet Name: Lotrzyna PSN Name: Lotrzyna Car: 2011 JOEY LOGANO #20 CAMRY

I have a few questions first though:

Can we "break in" cars before the race ? if they even gain power from that... ? or is there a power/weight/PP limit ?
Can we change oil before the race ?
Can we go with two wheels on or beyond YELLOW LINE ? I have seen clips of some top gear episode where NASCAR driver says that "you need to touch the grass" - witch would mean that we can but I would rather ask and be sure.

Yes to all except the yellow line, only time you can cross it is to avoid a car, if your damaged etc and need to get to pits and the last lap after the final corner.

You have pretty much 2 weeks so if its a new nascar go on practice mode and do laps until your car get to 892bhp. Also find yourself a good endurance setup, i have my tactics planned out so I'm ready. Also before you join the lobby do and engine and body rebuild.

Silent7Sniper7
Yes to all except the yellow line, only time you can cross it is to avoid a car, if your damaged etc and need to get to pits and the last lap after the final corner.

You have pretty much 2 weeks so if its a new nascar go on practice mode and do laps until your car get to 892bhp. Also find yourself a good endurance setup, i have my tactics planned out so I'm ready. Also before you join the lobby do and engine and body rebuild.

+1 to everything in this post, defiantly getting the endurance setup!!

I'll add you to the OP once I go on a computer. It's too much effort to do it on my iPod :lol:
Edit: You've been added 👍

Last edited:
Only 4 people so far ?:/
I'm still in though.

How can I add this event to "my calendar" ? is there something like that ?
Will check it now and edit this message if there is.

OK OK. I will join. But what happened to the original prizes? I could use some matte/chrome paints :).

I will drive the 2011 RedBull car. Don't remember the actual name. If it's already taken, I will of course choose another car.

OK OK. I will join. But what happened to the original prizes? I could use some matte/chrome paints :).

I will drive the 2011 RedBull car. Don't remember the actual name. If it's already taken, I will of course choose another car.

The 2011 Brain Vickers Redbull has already been taken but you can either have the 2010 car or pick another, your choice 👍 but you've been added to the OP anyway.

The 2011 Brain Vickers Redbull has already been taken but you can either have the 2010 car or pick another, your choice 👍 but you've been added to the OP anyway.

I'll find myself another vehicle.

add me pleas
PSN is as--jac--sd
48 jimmie jonshen 2010
or if I can not drive the 48
24 jeff gordon 2011/2010

if you need a pace car for the race ill be up for it.
It would be more fun for you if your raced but if you wish to be a safety car then i'm sure we can sort something out 👍
add me pleas
PSN is as--jac--sd
48 jimmie jonshen 2010
or if I can not drive the 48
24 jeff gordon 2011/2010

I've put you down as the 24 Jeff Gordon as the Jimmie Johnson cars are 99% identical 👍

Can I join :dopey:

GTPlanet Name: DaveMay96 PSN Name: DaveMay96 Car: Ford 2011 Carl Edwards #99 Aflac FORD FUSION '11

It would be more fun for you if your raced but if you wish to be a safety car then i'm sure we can sort something out 👍

I've put you down as the 24 Jeff Gordon as the Jimmie Johnson cars are 99% identical 👍

ok no problem

If I'm free I'll join. Will let you know car when I find out if I can make it.

Back