The Photomode Awards - Spring 2012 - The Winners

Ferrari_458

Premium
England
Cumbria
Thomas_George
photomodeawards.png

Welcome, one and all, to the results of the inaugural Photomode Awards!

It is my pleasure to be hosting this special event designed to reward the very best of the Photomode community. Thank you all for voting in your numbers on these awards, and many congratulations to all who managed to be victorious. Right, let’s announce the winners :D

bestphotographer.png

1st: ceiling_fan
2nd: Gtuned and Moglet
3rd: Dolp and Boabdulrahman

besteditedphoto.png

1st: Revolution with this:

2nd: jBhIpS with this:

3rd: nanabu, Moglet and Nato_777 with these:

bestunedited.png

1st: CCShaft7 with this:

2nd: nanabu and ijkhk4 with these:

3rd: Lacoster, CCShaft7, dennisp83, Gtuned, shidapu and Moglet with these:

bestphotoset.png

1st: Gtuned – Mustang at Toscana
2nd: SlipZtrEm – The Hangar Article
3rd: jBhIpS - Aventador

bestgallery.png

1st Gtuned
2nd: SlipZtrEm and Dolp
3rd: ceiling_fan

bestnewphotogapher.png

1st: DarkR
2nd: Boabdulrahman
3rd: RedSuns-Ryuu and Ferrari_458

bestphotoeditor.png

1st: ceiling_fan
2nd: Moglet
3rd: Chromatic9

bestphotoshopper.png

1st: Nato_777
2nd: jBhIpS, Raphaele and Big Ron
3rd: Revolution and GPR

mostinfluencial.png

1st: Moglet
2nd: SlipZtrEm
3rd: RetroGiant, 20832, Gtuned and TVR&Ferrari Fan

criticschoice.png

1st: Shared by Revolution, TVR&Ferrari Fan and RetroGiant with these:

2nd: zambuca and Chromatic9 with these:

Ferrari_458 and bmxmitch with these:

specialrecognition.png

SlipZtrEm
For all the amazing work he does with the competitions, the moderation of this forum, his consistently brilliant photography, and just generally making the Photomode Forum the best and friendliest on GTPlanet :sly:

Again, I would like to say a huge congratulations to everyone who managed a victory, and give thanks to everyone who made this possible by nominating and voting

:gtpflag:

O_O
Best Gallery, and best Photo set.
2nd place for best photographer and 3rd for most Influencial.
I'm amazed and flattered, Thank you to everyone who voted for me.

Congrats to the winners.
You all deserve your victories ! 👍

Great hosting F458, can't wait for the next one :)

Wow, Most Influential! I wasn't expecting that given that I've been inactive for so long! :lol: Not to mention 2 x 2nd and 2 x 3rd too. Thanks everyone. Congratulations to all of the winners. 👍

What...? Me in 3rd for best photographer. Don't think that is accurate.
Well, thanks for all who voted for me :)
And a special thanks to Ferrari_458 for the effort he put in this.

Congrats to all winners!:gtpflag:

Every single one who's listed up there deserves it.......absolutely!
Even you Bo! ;)👍

I would like to thank those who nominated me and those who voted for me. I would also like to thank, C_F for his suggestion to open a gallery, to FishyJuice, Shaolinmasta, Fido, Soloracer, 20832, BoabduIrahman, jus1029, SMfan and all the persons who are part of the photomode gallery and competitions 👍

A big thanks to Ferrari_458 for the organization of these awards, to SlipZtrEm, Nicknamealguem, Revolution and Nato_777 for the effort they put in organizing the Competitions and tournaments, amazing work guys 👍

congratz guys and thx very much for the votes :D 2nd place and 3rd place :D yaayy :D

and like i told you gtuned :P

^^ :lol: Took the words right out of my mouth. :D

Every winner is totally deserving - except probably me! :lol:
I can't believe I won best Photoshopper (I think jBhIpS leaves me for dead) - thanks so much everyone that voted. :)

Thanks to the public vote we all know now how we are appreciated.
Thanks to everyone who nominated and voted and thanks to Ferrari who did a great job in this threat. Imho the Photomode Forum is a great place to be…

Aaah wow! Thanks to the kind folks who voted my LF-A into best edited image, and also my M5 into joint-critics choice winner! Thanks guys - I'll echo Moglet's surprise since, photography-wise, I've been somewhat dormant lately (I'm still around here often to host the PS comp of course :))

Thanks to those who voted :)

Revolution.
Aaah wow! Thanks to the kind folks who voted my LF-A into best edited image, and also my M5 into joint-critics choice winner! Thanks guys - I'll echo Moglet's surprise since, photography-wise, I've been somewhat dormant lately (I'm still around here often to host the PS comp of course :))

Thanks to those who voted :)
It is good to share something with you.

----

*Shares some chocolate with Revolution as a way of celebrating.*

Congrats to all the winners, especially SlipZ for most recognition award! :cheers: The PMC wouldn't have been successful without you. :)
To DarkR, thanks for mentioning my name. :P

Whom I voted for won first:
  • Revolution (Best Edited and Critics Choice)
Whom I voted for won second or third:
  • nanabu (Best Unedited Photo)
  • jBhIpS - Aventador (Best Photo Set)
  • Moglet (Best Photo Editor)
  • SlipZtrEm (Most Influential Photographer)
Whom I voted for lost:
  • 20832 (Best Gallery)
  • Jamoru (Best New Photographer)

:dopey: had to do a double-take there.... 1st and 3rd is way beyond what I expected, was very happy just to be nominated in such company.

What can I say thats not been said but I will echo the the recognition given to Slipz and likewise to Rev and Nato for all their efforts/time to keeping these comps going in the spirit its intended to be. A big 👍 to Ferrari_458 for the innovation of these awards....and thank you to all that voted.

Many congratz to all the winners and nominees :)

Thanks to the public vote we all know now how we are appreciated.
Thanks to everyone who nominated and voted and thanks to Ferrari who did a great job in this threat. Imho the Photomode Forum is a great place to be…

That's for sure.
Congratulations to all who've placed.
And thanks to anyone that has voted and nominated me into the awards.

The Photomode Forum is really a great place to be.

Congratulations to all winners and runners. The PM Forums are really the most friendly place in GTP.

Right, just looking to find out if anyone has any way that the running of this can be improved while it is fresh in the memory?

I will definitely change the nomination system, to make it so up to 3 things can be nominated per category, which should make nominations easier, as should the fact that there will only be a few months work to remember, rather than a whole year :lol:

Other than that, I think everything ran pretty smoothly, but again, if anyone has any suggestions, that would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

I think an open poll would be interesting to run one time, let people see who voted and allow multiple votes maybe ?
Also with the new Remix idea, maybe we'll have a best Team up award ?

First off, thank you for any and all votes for my nominations - very gracious for each one, and a bit surprised by some of them! Also, a huge thank you for the Special Recognition award, and while this might be a cliche, I have to say it - this sub-forum wouldn't be the same without all you characters in it 👍. When I first approached Jordan with the community ideas for Photomode prior to GT5 release, I had no idea it would thrive as much as it has, and that's entirely due to the community itself, so many friendly, helpful, insanely talented individuals have made this not just one of the busiest sections of the GT5 boards, but also the most organized and most inviting. We've been lucky enough to have new members pop up and take on serious roles as community regulars, pillars of sorts, guiding others and keeping a vigilant eye on the competitions, ensuring not just that cheating is kept to a minimum, but that members all know how to submit their entries just so. I'd give a list of user names, but really, there's far, far too many to name, and you all know it. Pat yourselves on the back!

Since I'm taking up some time on the soap-box, I figure I'll post my nominations :)

bestphotographer.png

Proving that quantity and quality can be good bedfellows, ceiling_fan absolutely deserves this award. No questions!

besteditedphoto.png

There can be only one! Revolution.'s stunning LFA image:

As seen in this gallery update

bestunedited.png

A small change, sadly - I didn't realize this was unedited, and it's my choice:

Moglet

bestphotoset.png

Another small change, this time I think Nato_777 deserves it for the Ford GT @ SSRX set, since it sums up what GT is!

bestgallery.png

Ooof. Picking one was almost impossible, but I've got it: gtuned.photography. I don't comment on galleries often enough, but I check this one regularly - the fact Gtuned isn't using Photoshop like the rest of us is all the more impressive 👍

bestnewphotogapher.png

This was, like many other categories, incredibly difficult, as my short-list had four galleries on it. In the end, Speedster502 got my vote, for his obvious real-life photographic talents, and the fact that, although small, his gallery feels like a well-curated, er, gallery!

bestphotoeditor.png

Ah, this was bound to go to one of the heavyweight 2.0 regulars, but which? RetroGiant nabs it, and it may be personal preference, but his style is consistently my favourite. A hint of surrealism in the tones makes everything seem simultaneously real, and dream-like.

bestphotoshopper.png

Nato_777 does incredible things with Photoshop, his recent cut n' shuts just an example. I have yet to see anything that isn't completely convincing from him!

mostinfluencial.png

This took a while to decide on, but in the end, I think Moglet deserves the nomination. Looking back through his gallery, his style has stayed surprisingly consistent, and while many others have grown, and taken their own unique styles, Mog's very careful attention to tone and framing is evident throughout the section these days.

criticschoice.png

I will be a cheerleader for this image any chance I get. People who dismiss GT5 as something incapable of art need look no further than RetroGiant's work below:

bestgallery.png

Ooof. Picking one was almost impossible, but I've got it: gtuned.photography. I don't comment on galleries often enough, but I check this one regularly - the fact Gtuned isn't using Photoshop like the rest of us is all the more impressive 👍

I have the biggest grin on my face after reading That Huge compliment coming from you Slipz, I'm honored.

My humblest gratitude to you Kyle for your nominations in the Best Photo Set and Best Photoshopper. I am quite proud of that GT set just quietly - thank you for the recognition.
And I'm still genuinely shocked with the win in the Photoshopper category, I still see myself as a complete amatuer in the field, I just really enjoy the challenge of doing the things I do. :) I'm just happy to be a part of this great community and echo SlipZ sentiments about it - long may it continue. :cheers:

Right, just looking to find out if anyone has any way that the running of this can be improved while it is fresh in the memory?

I will definitely change the nomination system, to make it so up to 3 things can be nominated per category, which should make nominations easier, as should the fact that there will only be a few months work to remember, rather than a whole year :lol:

Other than that, I think everything ran pretty smoothly, but again, if anyone has any suggestions, that would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

I would like to suggest that the voting results are to be published. So one can see if a win was close and how many votes were shared. Apart from that everything is fine and an enrichment for this rich forum. 👍

This speech is a little late, but I also want to thank the person(s) who voted for my picture. I really didn't expect to be nominated so it was a very nice surprise. And congrats to all the winners; you really deserve it :)👍

Latest Posts

Back