LOL road trip

• Thread starter rohinghai
  • 26 comments
Canada
toronto
rohinghai
Went on a road trip with my dad and a couple buddies.
I was in my dads 355 and my dad was driving my GTR.
Let's just say, things didn't go well...
fb856169.jpg

853215ff.jpg

7073cebd.jpg

And then...

e0a73255.jpg

LOL cop pulled the 10 of us over to check plates and to make sure they were our cars :lol:

First time I've EVER gotten pulled over, I got kinda nervous :scared:
'twas all good though 👍

Last edited:
Thatman
That would have been a bad day to forget your registration. ;)

The only person who would've had a problem with that is my buddy Lawrence and his Exige.
He was borrowing it for the weekend from a dealership while his Elise was getting worked on :P

The way the picture looks with the cop almost makes it look like a setup lol. Nice.

Slashfan
The way the picture looks with the cop almost makes it look like a setup lol. Nice.

Luckily, the cop was a fellow gearhead. We started up the ferraris for him and revved a bit haha

Luckily, the cop was a fellow gearhead. We started up the ferraris for him and revved a bit haha

Nice! What year is that Testarossa? My dad's friend lives in Colorado has a 1989.

Slashfan
Nice! What year is that Testarossa? My dad's friend lives in Colorado has a 1989.

It's a 1994 348 GTS. It has such an unbelievable exhaust note!
My dad had a testarossa, but the clutch failed so he traded it for the 355
Such a cool car, I wish he had kept it :(

sumbrownkid
Nice stuff man.

Always wanted to ask, how stiff is a clutch on a Ferrari?

Not sure about most of them, but the 355 is quite stiff. Its a very fun driving experience though.
I'm still a novice when it comes to manual gearboxes, my '09 BMW is the first I've ever owned haha

Oh, so it's not a Testarossa. Looks can be decieving. They look almost exactly alike lol.

Yeah I actually had to look that up. Also noticed the intake on the side has a few less louvers.

Slashfan
Yeah I actually had to look that up. Also noticed the intake on the side has a few less louvers.

Yup. It's a mix of the 355 and the testarossa.
Not a pretty car though in my opinion :/

The side is ok, the back I'm not a big fan of. Testarossa was better in my opinion. Also, I'm not big in GT-Rs but those rims are sexy.

Slashfan
The side is ok, the back I'm not a big fan of. Testarossa was better in my opinion. Also, I'm not big in GT-Rs but those rims are sexy.

Agreed.
And thanks, just had them painted in the fall. Much better then the brushed silver they used to be

I'm so jealous of those cars I was kinda hoping he'd give you a night in jail. :P

But wow, those cars are beautiful. And I agree with the rims on the GT-R, they look great in that colour.

All I could think of when I saw these pics were... what idiot designer put that God-awful steering wheel on such a nice car. Other than that, it sounds like a good time.👍

Not sure about most of them, but the 355 is quite stiff. Its a very fun driving experience though.
I'm still a novice when it comes to manual gearboxes, my '09 BMW is the first I've ever owned haha
I've driven a 355 and a 550 in my day. Both have fairly stiff clutches, but that's not unusual for a car of that decade I would imagine.

Isn't the metal gate shifter just awesome in a Ferrari? :sly:

SPhilli911
I've driven a 355 and a 550 in my day. Both have fairly stiff clutches, but that's not unusual for a car of that decade I would imagine.

Isn't the metal gate shifter just awesome in a Ferrari? :sly:

Yes! Such an awesome feeling!
So much better then flappy paddles!

GTMail
All I could think of when I saw these pics were... what idiot designer put that God-awful steering wheel on such a nice car. Other than that, it sounds like a good time.👍

I hear you there man, it seems out of place.

E28
I'm so jealous of those cars I was kinda hoping he'd give you a night in jail. :P

But wow, those cars are beautiful. And I agree with the rims on the GT-R, they look great in that colour.

Thankfully that wasn't the case :lol:
And yeah flat black suits the car well

Back