Suzuki Swift Challenge Season 2 - DaxCobra is Champion!!!!

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 511 comments
Finland
Intercourse, PA
Carbonox
6926963841_9297acd09e_b.jpg

SEASON 1

We're back, folks! The 6-race series hosted by akmuq and co-hosted by me created some of the best racing in GTPlanet ever seen, with all the cars on the same line and with everything depending on the drivers. The grids were small, but we definitely enjoyed it.

Now we're bringing it back with a few minor changes. I will still be among the hosts, but with me is now FlyingFox to bring more experience and old man knowledge for the series running team. Akmuq hasn't been entirely left out either, he's been doing some work in the background, but isn't officially running the series this time.

The series will be run at 10PM Helsinki time on Fridays. That's two hours ahead of the British time. The starting date will be May 18th.

Drivers will be split to 2-car teams. There will be a teams' championship along with the drivers' championship, where the points system is the same, but pole and fastest lap points will not be counted, only the race results. Teams can use reserve drivers at will.

The Car

We will be using the Suzuki Swift '07, available from the premium car dealership at a reasonable price.

The following parts must be added:

Sports Hard tyres
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon bonnet
Sports ECU
Sports Air Filter
Catalytic converter:Sports
Sports exhaust
5 speed close ratio transmission
Clutch:Single Plate
Flywheel:Semi-Racing
Fixed Sports Suspension Kit
Aero- Front Type A and Wing Type A

Power is limited to 147hp. The car's weight should be 981kg. Oil changes, car washes, engine rebuilds etc. are allowed as long as you keep the car in line.

There will be no transmission, LSD or suspension tuning as you can see. This is a 100% driving skill based series and no one should attempt to go around the rules. If anyone is shown to have an illegal car, he will lose all his points from the entire season.

The Calendar

Each event will have two races. The first race has a 15-minute qualifying session starting at 8:15 which decides the grid. The second race will be a reverse grid event.

Grand Valley East: 11 laps - May 18th
Special Stage Route 5: 8 laps - May 25th
Autumn Ring: 11 laps - June 1st
Cape Ring South: 10 laps - June 8th
Madrid: 9 laps - June 15th
Eiger: 10 laps - June 22nd
Laguna Seca: 9 laps - June 29th

Point System

We're using the 2011 BTCC points system, in other words, the very same as last season.

1st - 15
2nd - 12
3rd - 10
4th - 8
5th - 6
6th - 5
7th - 4
8th - 3
9th - 2
10th - 1
Pole position - 1
Fastest lap - 1

The pole point will only count for Race 1 obviously, while the fastest lap point will be awarded in both races. Pole point is given to the one with the fastest qualifying lap, not necessarily the polesitter (if PD chooses to make the order glitch up).

Room Settings

Grip Reduction: Real
Tyre Wear and Fuel Depletion: On
Slipstream Strength: Weak
All aids apart from ABS: Off

Rules

We will use the OLR to determine our rules. If you feel you have suffered from an incident, send one of us a PM explaining about it. I will save all the replays and check any suspicious incidents from every race.

To enter, send a FR to Carbonox at PSN. I should be able to make every race just fine.

Entries

Carbonox / Carbonox - TBA
FlyingFox / FlyingFox_85 - TBA
akmuq / GTP_akmuq - TBA
chrisjohnson93 / chrisjohnson93 - TBA
neljack / neljack - TBA
DaxCobra / GTP_DaxCobra - TBA
hotdog2201 / hotdog2201 - TBA
paulmac2k9 / GTP_PaulMac - TBA
haitch40 / haitch40 - TBA
jackargent / jackargent - TBA
Naptown25rs / NCemtB - TBA
Biffy / GTP_Biffy - Reserve
Lord Voldemort / lvoldemort666 - Reserve
Matty / mattymc1996 - Reserve
moeom / CrookdMoe - Reserve
gokartman78 / gokartman - Reserve
carracerptp / carracerptp - Reserve

SwiftS2Round78.jpg

Thanks Mardy :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Love the swift Carb, it's a great little car but my Friday nights are filled with ARCA and IndyCar at the moment. Best of luck 👍

Sign me up! :D Just to note, BTCC have changed their point system, so just say 2011 BTCC point system or change it to the new one.👍

I'd like to keep Friday nights free, so I'll just sign up as a reserve, if you don't mind. Looking good 👍

I've done a bit of additions and tweaking to the OP, I'm kinda nervous as this is my first time actually running a series. :D

Sounds great! I won't be able to make all the races, but probably half or maybe more. :)

EDIT: Yes, Carb, your unreliable teammate from GT1. ;)

OK, now I should have all the required information, well except the starting date, but it can be arranged later. It could take place pretty shortly if enough people agree with it.

Voldy, I put you as a reserve, still would like a couple of more full timers though.

Yes its Back.

Welcome to all those from season 1 and those who have never taken part before.

This is a fantastic series so have fun all.

I'll be your Co-host this season.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Biffy
I'd like to keep Friday nights free, so I'll just sign up as a reserve, if you don't mind. Looking good 👍

Same for me. 👍

(For now)

Alright, im interested in this. But please let it start after 20th May. And tell you from now, that i will surely be missing a few races due to work.

could you also put me down as a reserve. i can't make every week as i drive to the kart tracks on friday nights so i will miss some races :)

Carb ill give this a crack, the fact I drove a Swift in real life while learning to drive has a little to do with me loving this car :D.

Guys, my friends list may be full or near-full right now, but don't worry, I will remove any inactive friends tomorrow so that you can all fit there. 👍

Btw you cant set tuning probihited when the car has mods.

Back