Height

• Thread starter Ven0m
  • 51 comments
United States
Ft. Worth Texas
A7X_VENOM
So, I'm 6'5" 240 lbs. and most of the height is legs, which makes life a challenge when looking at sports cars. I'm curious as to what high powered sports car I can fit an individual as tall as myself.
Cars I don't fit in:
Mazda MX-5
Honda S2000
Pontiac Solstice
Saturn Sky
Corvette (C6) [without modded seats]

Cars I'm not sure about:
Dodge Viper '99
Honda Civic Si '00
Mazda RX7 '89
Dodge Challenger '12
240SX

For the record I am looking at vehicles to buy, I'd like to not waste the sellers time seeing if I can even fit in a car...(no I'm not kidding about looking at a viper.)

I find that difficult to believe, considering the fact you're also looking at a Honda Civic one year newer.

If you can afford a Viper, just forget about anything made by Honda, except maybe the Acura NSX. Of course, I'm not sure how you'd fit in that either.

White & Nerdy
I find that difficult to believe, considering the fact you're also looking at a Honda Civic one year newer.

If you can afford a Viper, just forget about anything made by Honda, except maybe the Acura NSX. Of course, I'm not sure how you'd fit in that either.

First of all, the Viper I'm looking at is about 35k (it needs work). I'm not an idiot with my money so I was considering a long term JDM. I'm trying to think practical here vs. my impulse which is the Viper.

I'm not sure that means what you're using it to mean. JDM means a car was originally sold in Japan, not that it was built there or by a company based there. A car built in Japan but sold in the US is considered USDM.

If you really did mean JDM, I don't know why you would bother when you can get a perfectly good Civic Si here in the US.

White & Nerdy
I'm not sure that means what you're using it to mean. JDM means a car was originally sold in Japan, not that it was built there or by a company based there. A car built in Japan but sold in the US is considered USDM.

If you really did mean JDM, I don't know why you would bother when you can get a perfectly good Civic Si here in the US.

I meant the "JDM" look and scene. I'm not importing a Japanese car. Happy now? Chill out, must you critique everything? Forgive me father for I have sinned.

Chill out, must you critique everything?

Lol you have no idea.

Dodge Viper '99---Depends on how much work is needed.
Honda Civic Si '00---You'll probably get bored with the power, and it's hard to add power with the front wheel drive.
Mazda RX7 '89---Not bad apart from reliability.
Dodge Challenger '12-------Also not bad.
240SX------Good luck trying to find a clean one, but you can easily add power so it won't be stock anyways.

You actually could get a nice NSX, if you want that sort of thing.

How much power do you actually want?

Bopop4
Lol you have no idea.

Dodge Viper '99---Depends on how much work is needed.
Honda Civic Si '00---You'll probably get bored with the power, and it's hard to add power with the front wheel drive.
Mazda RX7 '89---Not bad apart from reliability.
Dodge Challenger '12-------Also not bad.
240SX------Good luck trying to find a clean one, but you can easily add power so it won't be stock anyways.

You actually could get a nice NSX, if you want that sort of thing.

How much power do you actually want?

Well if it's a "muscle" type car, around 400-500bhp and if it's "USDM"(.....) then 250-350. Whatever it is, it's getting modded most likely.

You are aware that the Honda Civic is one of the most modified vehicles in the world right? It's stupidly easy to add power to the motor, everything exists to allow you to do it and there are even entire books written on what to do.

Yeah. Just wondering what people were thinking about the cars I wanna buy. I'm looking at a 240, a JDM Civic, possibly a Viper, and Corvette if I could modify the seats.

Really dude?

I would go with a muscle as they generally fit larger people anyway. Tall people in small cars look strange also.

Murcie_LP640
-link-

5th post down. Get a Miata.

Read THIS thread, first post.

Ven0m
I meant the "JDM" look and scene. I'm not importing a Japanese car. Happy now? Chill out, must you critique everything? Forgive me father for I have sinned.

I called up Pope Ratizinger, and he said, just three Hail Marys will do the trick. But he suggested an M3 because everyone else will eventually do so in this thread, and the rest of the sheep will suggest a P71 because it fits everyone.

I don't make car suggestions, drive them all, and buy what you like.

Last edited:
The Viper's a snug fit, but you should be ok. It's the SRT models that are bit cramped.

As for the C6, I don't believe that. You should have no problem fitting in one as there's more room there than in the Vipers. Just play with the seat.

You are aware that the Honda Civic is one of the most modified vehicles in the world right? It's stupidly easy to add power to the motor, everything exists to allow you to do it and there are even entire books written on what to do.

I know that you can easily add power, but I wouldn't want 300hp+ going to the front wheels, and a drivetrain swap is not a realistic option.

must you critique everything?

You don't know the half of it

I'm 6'4 and 250 lbs., and no matter how much I tried, I had a very hard time fitting in comfortably in a '99 Viper. If you're going to buy one that needs 'some' work, be ready to dish about about the same amount you're paying for the car right now.

Echoing Pupik, you want to get an M3 and nothing else.

Jesus, the man is just asking for help and everyone just responds with smug douchebaggery. Have you tried sitting in a viper? Granted I'm a foot shorter but when I was sitting behind the wheel of one, there was a gratuitous amount of legroom. As mentioned earlier, a C6 has more room than the viper so you should have fit in one. Since you're also considering a challenger, have you considered a used Shelby GT500? Or a newer 5.0 Mustang?

Last edited:
Was that directed at me? Im just saying, the smugness around here is bit much.

Agreed, but whenever someone opens a thread asking for car recommendations, this happens. IMO someone looking to buy a Civic and also mentioning a Viper is quite ludicrous, and I stopped taking it seriously from that point on.

EDIT: My bad... a quick glance through Craigslist has many options. Still, being between a Viper and a Civic seems odd.

Last edited:
ShobThaBob
Yeah. Just wondering what people were thinking about the cars I wanna buy. I'm looking at a 240, a JDM Civic, possibly a Viper, and Corvette if I could modify the seats.

Really dude?

Really. I'm a car guy that appreciates a full spectrum of cars. Going to be put a lot of money into one car, I want to consider all styles. But thanks for the response. As far as other suggestions go, I'm not really into mustangs, they are the car all my friends have (including the Shelby GT500). I appreciate the feedback on the Viper, I'm going to have to find one to try out. The one that was on Craigslist sold :( so that won't happen. Honestly im still leaning toward muscle in general but I'm having trouble pinning one down. The other day I found an ad for a '70 Plymouth Cuda that had the stock 383 engine still in it as well as many original parts and paint. It was at 26k but that seemed a bit cheap. It has a special place for me because it was my moms first car. If I had all my money in one place I'd go get the thing. Anyone think I should?

Tom Servo
Agreed, but whenever someone opens a thread asking for car recommendations, this happens. IMO someone looking to buy a Civic and also mentioning a Viper is quite ludicrous, and I stopped taking it seriously from that point on.

EDIT: My bad... a quick glance through Craigslist has many options. Still, being between a Viper and a Civic seems odd.

For the record, the "I'm not sure about" column was about legroom, not so much what I was considering buying. Honestly, I don't care that much for a Civic but I was curious if I could fit in one. And no it wouldn't be my daily driver, however I'm not sure about a place to put it as far as a garage goes because it doesn't appear as though it runs.

Does it have to be a sports car? For the power you're looking for i'd recomend my car an evo 9, i'm 6'1" and there is tons of room. I can adjust my seat back far enough till i can't reach the pedals, wheel or shifter. Its identical in a wrx but even more comfort and both are yearround cars, awd, turbo with a trunk. You should also look into a 300zx or 3000gt. If you want jdm/usdm goodness look into a mitsubishi starion over the rx7, chrysler makes a starion too but its called somthing else like the eclipse/lazer/talon. For 35k you could get a mk4 supra turbo in clean shape and fit is similar to a corvette. for your price options (35k) find an older bland corvette swap an ls1-6 in with a turbo for 700+ hp.

Back